Forums

Topic: Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE - OT

Posts 681 to 700 of 1,096

jump

Why did they announce the DLC details but not the price with it, that just seems odd.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Haru17

jump wrote:

The censorship in this game is terrible, almost all traces of both SMT and FE have been censored.

Are you... serious?

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

kkslider5552000

Haru17 wrote:

jump wrote:

The censorship in this game is terrible, almost all traces of both SMT and FE have been censored.

Are you... serious?

...no, it was pretty clearly a joke (at least to some degree)

I mean, I know Poe's law exists and all that but still...
#Flying Ekans

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Haru17

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

jump wrote:

Are you... serious?

...no, it was pretty clearly a joke (at least to some degree)

I mean, I know Poe's law exists and all that but still...
#Flying Ekans

I honestly can't tell with this thread; people are so very upset over so very little.

Wait, #FlyingEkans?

Edited on by Haru17

Eel

mjharper wrote:

@Grumblevolcano: I guess the "Costume Set" is the replacement for the Hot Springs DLC that isn't coming to the West. If so, it'll be interesting to see what the replacement costumes look like.

Mario, Peach, Link , Zelda and Sexy Starfox.

The last one comes with sound effects

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

jump

Haru17 wrote:

jump wrote:

Are you... serious?

I'm 100% serious!

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Haru17

jump wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

jump wrote:

Are you... serious?

I'm 100% serious!

I'm not gullible, it's just that that's a completely in-the-realm-of-possibility serious comment in this climate. The 'connected' gaming zeitgeist is all sorts of out of sorts.

Haru17

Let's all just stop for a moment and think of the incredibly line a game has to walk these days. This post isn't directed at any individuals in particular, but more of the zeitgeist as a whole.

Smaller games are pigeonholed as being 'indie,' at the same time AAAs get yelled at for their graphics and frame rate.

Shooters get labeled with the Call of Duty stigma—that they're too vapid or bloated by virtue of having guns. Inversely platformers get the same treatment—that they're simplistic or 'for kids' because they feature jumping.

There's a whole set of labels just for publishers too; Ubisoft games have towers, Square games are bad, and EA games have microtransactions.

If you're a melee action game people berate you for not being enough like Dark Souls and, if you are like Dark Souls, like Nioh, people berate you for being too much like Dark Souls. Regardless of their actual proximity to Dark Souls (DARK SOULS!!).

RPGs in particular get pulled in so many different directions; open world, turn-based, real-time. They're a thematically broad genre and people expect everything.

If you're a cinematic game people condemn you for not being long enough, frame rate enough, or open world enough. As if they were literally wrapping their fingers around your neck and squeezing all of the quality voice acting, cutscenes, and directing out of you like so many bursting blood vessels. There's a whole stigma dedicated to cutscenes purging cutscenes from the medium; that they're an inherently bad thing.

Unless you're a JRPG. They don't get yelled at for cutscenes; instead, they get yelled at 'censorship.'

After all of this—all of this utterly inane image politics—you have to make a game. You know; the thing that was to be of quality in the first place.

There's a principal in environmental science that concerns an individual organism's propensity to survive in the wild. It states that the more something is pushed out by habitat destruction, disturbed by habitat degradation, and harassed by human invasion—the more its waters are choked, forests burnt, and species hunted—the more it will flag and fail.

That when something is pulled in so many different directions, it breaks, withers, and dies.

So perhaps—just perhaps—before you open your gob to moan on about fake censorship, standard frame rates, or something about Dark Souls, perhaps you'll leash your tongue before you 'leash any asinine utterances.

The_BAAD_Man

Nintendo have gone OTT with censorship and localisation recently. However, it's never enough to deter me from buying a certain game. I'm looking forward to this very much! It will be nice to have a bit of free time again soon.

The_BAAD_Man

Twitter:

Haru17

jump wrote:

^Gotcha! I will burn forests, choke water and hunt species til games are now longer censored.

My genius is wasted upon mortal men.

jump

Haru17 wrote:

jump wrote:

^Gotcha! I will burn forests, choke water and hunt species til games are now longer censored.

My genius is wasted upon mortal men.

Using a thesaurus to find the most pretentious and un-elegant terms possible isn't genius

Nicolai wrote:

jariw

The_BAAD_Man wrote:

Nintendo have gone OTT with censorship and localisation recently.

"Censorship" is just a sub genre of localization. Any company that wants to make money adapts the product for a certain target market, for whatever reasons.

jariw

jump

jariw wrote:

The_BAAD_Man wrote:

Nintendo have gone OTT with censorship and localisation recently.

"Censorship" is just a sub genre of localization. Any company that wants to make money adapts the product for a certain target market, for whatever reasons.

Yeah I sort of agree with this but ultimately this game's only real audience is with anime/manga fans who love this sort of fan service so these sorts of changes wont please them and the game doesn't look like it will please many FE or SMT fans so water it down for their inclusion wont help much.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

BRAINFOX

@Haru17 I read this in Lelouch's voice and it reminded me that Code Geass came out 8 years ago over here 0_0
@jump Pretty much this. The game flopped hard in Japan aside from concert tickets and merchandise sales and there's been hardly any promotion for this game over here compared to other games that released already. Nintendo should be the one trying to spread awareness of their own game, not Censored Gaming.

BRAINFOX

Haru17

BRAINFOX wrote:

@Haru17 I read this in Lelouch's voice and it reminded me that Code Geass came out 8 years ago over here 0_0

You make me happy.

jump wrote:

Using a thesaurus to find the most pretentious and un-elegant terms possible isn't genius

Hah! This guy thinks I used a thesaurus.

How quaint.

Haru17

I googled 'inane' only to reconfirm my context clue-given definition, as I suggest anyone do for the purposes of composition. Google makes better writers.

Ralizah

@Haru17: It's not 'censorship,' it's just censorship. People should complain about it.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

LzWinky

Anyone who was going to buy this game already knows about it.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

jump

Haru17 wrote:

I googled 'inane' only to reconfirm my context clue-given definition, as I suggest anyone do for the purposes of composition. Google makes better writers.

If only HG Wells and Scott Fitzgerald had google!

Nicolai wrote:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.