Forums

Topic: Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE - OT

Posts 701 to 720 of 1,096

jump

Lzeon wrote:

Anyone who was going to buy this game already knows about it.

Do you mean knows about the game or the censorship/localization?

Either way I think alot of people are still undecided on this game for alot of different reasons from it being light on FE and SMT elements, the heavy J-pop/manga influences, lack of alternative Wii U releases etc so the way it's handled in terms of it's Western release including both the marketing and localization can win or loose people still.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

whodatninja

I hope someone will upload the uncensored cutscenes on Youtube with English subs. That would be nice!

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

JaxonH

I don't want to derail this topic to only discussing the censorship. I've vented and gotten my dissatisfaction off my chest. I'm still not happy about it... I take comfort knowing that at least I can enjoy games that respect my person on PS4 and Xbox One. Persona 4 is releasing soon after this and surely will not be butchered to no end.

Anyways though, the game does look really good. And I am excited to play it. The Special Edition went live on BestBuy (even though they said Amazon/GS only) so I snagged 2 for $63.99 each. Only one more month!

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Haru17

Ralizah wrote:

@Haru17: It's not 'censorship,' it's just censorship. People should complain about it.

You can't willingly censor something. Censorship is inherently mandatory. You're talking about an entirely different concept.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Luna_110

Localization woes or not, I want the game already. I watched a video of the first boss in GameXplain, and the gameplay looks fantastic. I hope they sub the important scenes in battle, like the special lines against certain bosses.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

jump

Haru17 wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

@Haru17: It's not 'censorship,' it's just censorship. People should complain about it.

You can't willingly censor something. Censorship is inherently mandatory. You're talking about an entirely different concept.

Google self-censorship.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Haru17

jump wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

Google self-censorship.

Oh, you mean that completely different concept that people in this thread haven't even been talking about? Censorship is official; coming from some authority above and different to what is being censored.

I don't hear anyone in this thread complaining that 'Nintendo is self-censoring for NA releases,' so, as far as I'm concerned, y'all wrong.

jump

Haru17 wrote:

jump wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

Google self-censorship.

Oh, you mean that completely different concept that people in this thread haven't even been talking about? Censorship is official; coming from some authority above and different to what is being censored.

I don't hear anyone in this thread complaining that 'Nintendo is self-censoring for NA releases,' so, as far as I'm concerned, y'all wrong.

They have but you've just not catched on to it.

Nicolai wrote:

Haru17

jump wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

You're lying as blatantly as a U.S. Presidential candidate.

Edited on by Haru17

jump

Haru17 wrote:

jump wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

No it's true, Trump really does hate Mexicans.

Nicolai wrote:

Haru17

jump wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

jump wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

Try the part where he called them racists or claimed not to have said something he said on record. That kind of lying.

jump

Haru17 wrote:

jump wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

jump wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

Try the part where he called them racists or claimed not to have said something he said on record. That kind of lying.

He should of googled his statements so he could've become a better writer.

Nicolai wrote:

Shinion

Are people still debating this? I would've thought people would've grown up a bit after the Fates debacle that resulted in the witch hunt against that 'SJW' Treehouse employee, only to realise that she was not responsible for these edits that had been happening years before she got her job and will continue even after she's gone.

Do people really still think that the SJW menace is still forcing Nintendo's metaphorical hand? Is there yet another woman that needs to be brought to justice?

I jut don't know why edits to videogames cause so much controversy. I probably never will either, if this is the extent of them.

Edited on by Shinion

Shinion

jump

Those poor Single Jewish Women getting blamed for everything.

Nicolai wrote:

Haru17

@TheLastLugia How am I not surprised that happened?

Honestly, it's just the internet. That's the cause of everything; it makes communication so fast and so easily confused. It's that and the crowd mentality that leads to nonsense outrages like 'SJWs' and 'political correctness,' which is exactly what this fake censorship thing is about. The SJW thing bugs me every time I see it, too.

Tumblr is great: super-pretty. Y'all haters. Ugly haters.

Ralizah

Haru17 wrote:

jump wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

Google self-censorship.

It's not a completely different concept, though. It's just censorship directed at oneself or one's own products. Nobody is pretending that the censorship has some sort of immediate outside source, and nobody is saying that Nintendo doesn't have the legal right to engage in this behavior. so please don't set up that tired old "censorship requires an outside authority" strawman.

Also, the problem isn't just that Nintendo is censoring its own products, but that it is censoring the products of companies it publishes. Like Atlus. Like Square Enix. Nintendo has also shown a willingness to change the content of its products to such a significant degree during the localization process that it can effectively change or neuter important story or character development in a game. My interest in them not extensively censoring a game during localization has nothing to do with maintaining product "purity" and everything to do with being able to experience a proper and complete English version of the games they publish. Don't tell me to "import them," as that is no more clever an argument than telling a person to go to a different country if they don't like the laws where they live.

Most Japanese games releasing today come over, if not completely untouched, then largely uncensored. Several companies have raised the standards of what to expect from Japanese game localizations. This is not the 90s, and Nintendo acting like it's OK to extensively censor the games they publish should provoke an uproar from the people they're insulting with their paternalistic approach to this issue.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

MetalKingShield

TheLastLugia wrote:

Are people still debating this? I would've thought people would've grown up a bit after the Fates debacle that resulted in the witch hunt against that 'SJW' Treehouse employee, only to realise that she was not responsible for these edits that had been happening years before she got her job and will continue even after she's gone.

Do people really still think that the SJW menace is still forcing Nintendo's metaphorical hand? Is there yet another woman that needs to be brought to justice?

Whilst I don't condone the harassment of any individual, we do know for certain that feminists (I'm not 100% sure on the "SJW" term) have campaigned against this type of imagery. They have organised petitions and complaints against magazines, comic books, pictures in newspapers - even what shirt a comet scientist happened to be wearing - and been highly influential in getting this sort of thing taken down. Thus, whilst we can't be totally sure why Nintendo is doing this lately, we do have a huge clue.

MetalKingShield

Haru17

Here we go again: a bunch of white men complaining about the 'feminist menace.'

Boy do I love the gaming community (gag).

Luna_110

Oh boy.... This happens when we don't have more info on the game. What a shame that we can't discuss the game itself.

It's so easy - the localization changes aren't that important to you, get the game. You think it is a very important topic and disagree with Nintendo's stance, don't get it. Vote with your wallet.

Now, on topic for the game: What character you think you will keep in your party all the time? For me, if magic wasn't nerfed like it was with Fates, it will be Kiria. Offensive magic users are a must for me.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Haru17

It's difficult to say, as it's hard to tell what a character is about just from Japanese voice acting in trailers. Main girl's cute, I guess. Though in all honesty it'll probably be the character that embodies the least gender role-filled tropes and has the voice acting I like most. Probably a character with a romance arc—one of the women most likely—and definitely not the loli character.

How do you figure the party system will work? It'd have to be like Persona's, right?

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.