Forums

Topic: Possible Wii U GPU base specs from reliable (?) source: 160 ALUs - 8 TMUs - 8 ROPs

Posts 21 to 40 of 41

Ryno

All l need to know is that the Wii U can handle this: [youtube:APWTJMyM4qg]

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

GuSolarFlare

@Ryno I couldn't agree more! it will be the game of the generation almost for sure!

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

mamp

@Ryno
I'm just glad they won't have those weird looking flat faces they had on the Wii IDK why it bothered me so much

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

JetForceSetGrind

parallaxscroll wrote:

Also, from a different NeoGAF member:

Untitled

Allow me to qoute another poster on neogaf

Neogaf wrote:

So the Wii U is actually LESS POWERFUL than the HD Twins?

What were nintendo thinking exactly?!

to which there was this reply which I agree with:

Neogaf2 wrote:

Well it has less theoretical jigglyfloppages. If that means "less powerful" to you then so be it, but it's a more modern architecture with more features.

Reminds me of how the Xbox was supposed to be a mile away from the PS2 and Gamecube when it launched and only ended up a mile away from the PS2. Wii U is a mixed bag with more RAM and there's no sense comparing FLOPS to the PS360, which are very different (and confusing) consoles.

In a general sense though, the Wii U should be able to push a bit more than the PS360 ever did, but it's about time Nintendo tried another N64 or Gamecube,t hat's what the hardcore market wants now and the Wii U is struggling to hit even Gamecube numbers so far...so why not? Spend your budget on silicon and include a cheap traditional controller. Make sure your physical media is comparable in storage to your competitors though this time and the system is easy to develop for.

Edited on by JetForceSetGrind

JetForceSetGrind

Gso

Ryno wrote:

This is one game I will not wait for a price drop. Day one purchase. I learned that the hard way with Xenoblade.

Gso

Nintendo Network ID: gisotelog

Freakazoid

Ryno wrote:

Ur one evil beeing posting this trailer here again now i got to watch it all night long again omg.... everytime getting goose bumbs for this soundtrack and the trailer. Hopefully we re gonna see some new trailer soon.
Im so hyped for this game and they only showed two really early trailers ages ago

Sign this petition to bring rts to the wii u

http://www.change.org/petitions/software-developers-bring-the-real-time-strategy-genre-to-the-wii-u

rallydefault

Interesting. But how are the games?

rallydefault

Discostew

http://playeressence.com/shinen-debunks-wii-u-hardware-downgr...

Shinen debunked the rumor. I'll side with the company that actually know the Wii U hardware better than most.

Besides, the rumor started with NeoGAF, who is well known for loving Sony and despising Nintendo (insomuch that talking bad about Sony gets you banned, but not others). Guess what's coming out next week? Yep, this looks like attempts to make the competition look worse than to make yourself look better. Politics 101.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

Ryno

@GuSilverFlame, @mamp, @Gso, @Freakazoid: haha.. Didn't expect to get so many replies to the X trailer. But it has been to long since I have seen it and any excuse to bring it up is a good one. Its' been like 5 months, I think it is time for a new X trailer, come on Nintendo!

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Gso

Ryno wrote:

@GuSilverFlame, @mamp, @Gso, @Freakazoid: haha.. Didn't expect to get so many replies to the X trailer. But it has been to long since I have seen it and any excuse to bring it up is a good one. Its' been like 5 months, I think it is time for a new X trailer, come on Nintendo!

I missed buying and playing Xenoblade Chronicles and I regret it very much. I'm quite excited there is something new coming, I will not make that mistake again It's bound to be a good game.

Gso

Nintendo Network ID: gisotelog

Phatosaurus

The titles that the WiiU will miss out on will be down to the WiiU lacking significant marketshare, not due to it being weaker hardware since they can tone the graphical settings right down.

Untitled
Untitled

Especially nowadays, game engines have become incredibly scalable to different tiers of hardware.

3DS: 3840-6043-8686
WiiU: Phatosaurus

RancidVomit86

Eh, Wii U is still a capable machine.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

JetForceSetGrind

Phatosaurus wrote:

The titles that the WiiU will miss out on will be down to the WiiU lacking significant marketshare, not due to it being weaker hardware since they can tone the graphical settings right down.

Untitled
Untitled

Especially nowadays, game engines have become incredibly scalable to different tiers of hardware.

Terrible...non-sensical. The Wii U's architecture is not directly compatible with PC/PS4/XB1 and when PS360 ports stop happening devs have no reason to continue making ports on a similar console with much less marketshare.

JetForceSetGrind

hotlfusion

The wii has the biggest marketshare and still lacked the third-party support that the others enjoyed. Marketshare is important but is not the only factor.
The deciding factor was simply that almost all major multi-plat releases sold far less on the wii.

This is no surprise, at least to me. I own the wii but will always got the version on another platform because the wii version was usually so inferior. I really don't see this being such a problem with the wii u because the games look better than last gen already and the console is still in it's infancy. The next gen doesn't look like it is going to be such a big leap from the current. 1080p@60 is all the talk these days and wii u can do that.
Where before even the most ardent Nintendo fan found the graphics on the wii a turn off - on multi-plats.

This time around however I intend to stick with only the wii u so I am hoping multi-plat games are decent ports and sell well to keep the third-parties happy. I am happy with COD:Ghost on the wii u and with ubisoft's support. If the wii u can only recapture some third-party support I would not be tempted to buy another console because I really do not want to.

hotlfusion

DudeSean

I'm fine with Nintendo having the least powerful console. I mean, if history has shown us anything, it's that the least powerful is usually the winner.
Atari 2600 vs Atari 5200: Atari 2600 Wins
NES vs Genesis: NES Wins
PS1 vs N64: PS1 Wins
PS2 vs Gamecube & Xbox: PS2 Wins
Wii vs PS3 & X360: Wii Wins

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

AJ_Lethal

BanjoThreeie wrote:

Phatosaurus wrote:

Untitled
Untitled

Terrible...non-sensical. The Wii U's architecture is not directly compatible with PC/PS4/XB1 and when PS360 ports stop happening devs have no reason to continue making ports on a similar console with much less marketshare.

>implying Wii U sales will still be at 4 million by the next 2-3 years.

RR529

DudeSean wrote:

I'm fine with Nintendo having the least powerful console. I mean, if history has shown us anything, it's that the least powerful is usually the winner.
Atari 2600 vs Atari 5200: Atari 2600 Wins
NES vs Genesis: NES Wins
PS1 vs N64: PS1 Wins
PS2 vs Gamecube & Xbox: PS2 Wins
Wii vs PS3 & X360: Wii Wins

While you're point is sound, those first two console comparisons of yours are completely wrong...

• 2600 vs Intellivision (Intellivision more powerful. 2600 sells more)
  • NES vs 5200 vs Master System (Master System most powerful. 5200 least powerful. NES sells most)
  • SNES vs Genesis vs Neo Geo (Neo Geo most powerful. Genesis least powerful. SNES sells most)
  • Saturn vs PS1 vs N64 (N64 most powerful. Saturn least powerful. PS1 sells most)
  • GCN vs PS2 vs Xbox (Xbox most powerful. PS2 least powerful & sells most)
  • Wii vs PS3 vs 360 (PS3 most powerful. Wii least powerful & sells most, at this point)

Of course, there are also a lot of inbetween gen consoles (3DO, Jaguar, CDi, 7800, etc), but none of those ever seem to take off.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

sinanziric

From technical standpoint Wii U can run a lot of games that will be available on PS4 of course less res., less pretty, but Nintendo fans do not care much about that cause Wii U is about Nintendo 1st & 2nd party games + some good 3rd party titles and thats enough for me. We might not see best Fifa game, but PS4 players will never play Zelda Wii U, Mario Kart, new Xenoblade games either.

Large groups of American Nintendo Fanboys requesting asylum in EU because they were abused by NoA

Nintendo Network ID: ziratul

JetForceSetGrind

AJ_Lethal wrote:

BanjoThreeie wrote:

Phatosaurus wrote:

Untitled
Untitled

>implying Wii U sales will still be at 4 million by the next 2-3 years.

>Implying even the extremely slow-starting PS3 was at 4 million after a year.

http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/PlayStation_3#PlayStation_3_sal...

PS3 was between 5.63 and 10.53 million at this point, and that console had an amazing comeback to its 80 million and counting, Wii U has to do more with roughly equivalent hardware the better part of a decade later. Xbox 360 had also sold far more by its year-mark and you better believe the Wii-train did.

JetForceSetGrind

JetForceSetGrind

RR529 wrote:

Of course, there are also a lot of inbetween gen consoles (3DO, Jaguar, CDi, 7800, etc), but none of those ever seem to take off.

Hmmmm...

Seriously though, I think the Wii U can do Gamecube numbers, but let's not go crazy.

Edited on by JetForceSetGrind

JetForceSetGrind

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.