Forums

Topic: NSMBU

Posts 261 to 280 of 585

e-love

As I think I've said before.

I hope they did something really creative with the Princess Peach's Castle setting for the finale of the game. There's a lot of potential there.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

TheKingOfTown

3Dash wrote:

I'm hoping on getting this for Christmas, guess what I'm gonna be playing all week.

Call of Duty?

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

CM30

Emaan wrote:

As I think I've said before.

I hope they did something really creative with the Princess Peach's Castle setting for the finale of the game. There's a lot of potential there.

Agreed. I think the best idea I've heard for the finale was on another forum where someone said that Peach's Castle should be a world and the paintings from Mario 64 lead to the levels.

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

Xilef

Some new info from Nintedo Direct, transleted by a NeoGaf guy. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=44062510&postc...

[qoute]20:34 NSMBU is all-new on the Wii U. Developer explanation video following this presentation.
20:35 Many people still haven't heard of the Wii U, but please tell them about it if you can.
20:36 Director Takemoto. Two planners. 1280x720 resolution in NSMBU.
20:37 Source lighting from fireballs, star lifts. Contiguous world map like SMW, unlike SMB3.
20:38 Forks in the road let you choose different worlds to move to. New characters. Wanted to include a flying feature, is easy to control for new players.
20:40 Flying squirrels called Zunguri (they look like acorns, or donguri).
20:41 Totten ("taking") steals from Toad. You have to chase him down to return the item to Toad.
20:42 Spit out balloons with Baby Yoshi, even while flying.
20:43 During off-screen play, use R button in place of Wiimote flips. Buddy play to add blocks.
20:44 Wanted to create fun, self-explanatory gameplay for buddy mode. Add staircases, reach stars.
20:45 Die a few times and you'll be asked to post your frustration on Miiverse for others.
20:46 With Mii Mode: Miis also appear in simultaneous multiplayer.
20:48 Boost Mode, Time Attack, Coin Battle Mode. Also: edit coin locations in stages w/ stylus.
20:49 Challenge Mode: set your own game rules and present them as challenges to others.
20:51 Play Buddy Mode with someone you trust not to screw up and strengthen your relationship.
20:51 GamePad holder must place platforms where Mario is going to land, reach goal in set time.
20:53 NSMBU has many new features incl. GamePad and Miiverse. Lots of modes to enjoy. The presentation is now over. Thanks for following![/qoute]
Love the idea of the challenge mode.

Xilef

Void

Xilef wrote:

Some new info from Nintedo Direct, transleted by a NeoGaf guy. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=44062510&postc...

20:34 NSMBU is all-new on the Wii U. Developer explanation video following this presentation.
20:35 Many people still haven't heard of the Wii U, but please tell them about it if you can.
20:36 Director Takemoto. Two planners. 1280x720 resolution in NSMBU.
20:37 Source lighting from fireballs, star lifts. Contiguous world map like SMW, unlike SMB3.
20:38 Forks in the road let you choose different worlds to move to. New characters. Wanted to include a flying feature, is easy to control for new players.
20:40 Flying squirrels called Zunguri (they look like acorns, or donguri).
20:41 Totten ("taking") steals from Toad. You have to chase him down to return the item to Toad.
20:42 Spit out balloons with Baby Yoshi, even while flying.
20:43 During off-screen play, use R button in place of Wiimote flips. Buddy play to add blocks.
20:44 Wanted to create fun, self-explanatory gameplay for buddy mode. Add staircases, reach stars.
20:45 Die a few times and you'll be asked to post your frustration on Miiverse for others.
20:46 With Mii Mode: Miis also appear in simultaneous multiplayer.
20:48 Boost Mode, Time Attack, Coin Battle Mode. Also: edit coin locations in stages w/ stylus.
20:49 Challenge Mode: set your own game rules and present them as challenges to others.
20:51 Play Buddy Mode with someone you trust not to screw up and strengthen your relationship.
20:51 GamePad holder must place platforms where Mario is going to land, reach goal in set time.
20:53 NSMBU has many new features incl. GamePad and Miiverse. Lots of modes to enjoy. The presentation is now over. Thanks for following!

Love the idea of the challenge mode.

Fixed that for you, you put the 'u' before the 'o'.

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

DonnyKD

I-U wrote:

I worry that if I get this $59.99 New Super Mario Brothers U that I'll go back to the original $34.99 New Super Mario Brothers later and continue to find the latter much more appealing. It's a bit less obvious than with NSMB Wii and NSMB 2, but NSMB U is still running on gimmicks to try to stand out from the rest. It looks impressive, and I'm sure the gameplay will impress, but I'm worried that it could feel "empty" not too long after I complete it. I have to give it credit for its new themes, and maybe they'll be enough to keep me engaged by the experience years after first completing the game.

Wow. Its true. The fanbase would find any reason to complain.

You go enjoy that barebones NSMBDS, while I enjoy the 10x more fun game. Hey, at least that doesn't have "gimmicks"!

DonnyKD

Happy_Mask

"Die a few times and you'll be asked to post your frustration on miiverse"
Well this can't possibly end well. D:

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

CM30

Since I haven't seen them posted here, some videos of the game from today's Nintendo Direct:

You can see plenty of neat footage there. Also, Iggy Koopa's boss battle looks cool too, he walks on the ceiling and Blarggs come from the lava pit underneath!

http://nintendo3dscommunity.com/uploads/gallery/category_2/ga...

http://nintendo3dscommunity.com/uploads/gallery/category_2/ga...

Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!

Twitter:

Void

NintyFan wrote:

Lookie here; it's the full world map!
Untitled
Names of the worlds in no particular order:
1. Acorn Plains
2. Layer-Cake Desert
3. Frosted Glacier
4. Sparkling Waters
5. Soda Jungle
6. Rock-Candy Mines
7. Moringue Clouds
8. Peach's Castle.

Untitled

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

Shining-Void

At least they aren't using generic worlds anymore. This game is going to be sexy.

Shining-Void

Nintendo Network ID: Eternal-Cyprees

TheKingOfTown

Do the baby yoshis turn into big yoshis if you let them eat enough enemies like in SMW?

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

LzWinky

TheKingofTown wrote:

Do the baby yoshis turn into big yoshis if you let them eat enough enemies like in SMW?

No they don't

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

TheKingOfTown

e-love

So Peach's Castle is an actual world it seems. Interesting.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Norfair

No generic worlds, dreams do come ture, and now Peach's Castle, as a world! Genius!

This game gets better and better every time I check out this thread.
This gonna be good.

Edited on by Norfair

My body is ready, can you say the same? Is your body ready?

3DS Friend Code: 4682-9601-9308

CM30

This game was already looking good with Iggy Koopa running around on the ceiling in his boss battle and the train ride on the overworld, and the full main map makes it look even better.

Out of curiosity though, will there be more levels in the final world than Peach's Castle? Maybe involving you fighting through a Bowser occupied version of the standard NSMB grasslands and Toad Town?

Twitter:

RainbowCrasher

This game actually looks better than rayman legends.

"Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.