Forums

Topic: NSMBU

Posts 241 to 260 of 585

e-love

The original NSMB is my favorite so far, it felt the most fresh, and that's a given. I remember when I first played NSMBW, something just didn't feel right. NSMB2 felt unbelievably recycled.

I'm sure NSMBU will become my new favorite in the mini-series.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

e-love

The ad for this game is mediocre. It's basically the Wii U launch commercial, with only NSMBU shown. Still the same earsplitting music, still not really showing any key features.

Really below-average, considering how creative nearly every Nintendo commercial has been.

What I find interesting. There's nothing that indicates to people that THIS game is the Mario of the future. That it's the shiny new experience everyone's been waiting for. There's no 'next generation' feel to it at all.

Just look at the Super Mario Galaxy 2 commercial, from the 'old, under-powered' Wii and compare it to the 'all powerful, shiny-new' Wii U commercial for New Super Mario Bros. U.

Clearly, I'm not the only one who see's a transition for the negative. Where's the magic? Where's the wonder?

Nintendo isn't doing a very good job capitalizing that this new Mario game is something worth getting. I'm still excited for it, but that's just because I'm a to-the-death Nintendo fan. What's everyone's thoughts on this?

Void

I think it's just that awful music that really ruins the Wii U ads.

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

Happy_Mask

Once again, it's aimed at casuals. Any member of the hardcore gaming community probably knows enough about it to decide on a purchase. :3

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

Xilef

@Emaan The magic and wonder will come soon, you shouldn't really put to much thought into just that commercial. That commercial was just a flashy way to introduce the Wii U and the game was just thrown in there. Once they start making commercials focused only at the game i'm sure they will be much bether (and fitting).

Xilef

Happy_Mask

WiiU would like to play? :3

CM30

So what's the big surprise all the news articles are on about? Because there's a lot of talk about how Nintendo don't let news sites show off content past world 5 and how the final levels are more innovative and supposedly really surprising and original.

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

Xilef

CM30 wrote:

So what's the big surprise all the news articles are on about? Because there's a lot of talk about how Nintendo don't let news sites show off content past world 5 and how the final levels are more innovative and supposedly really surprising and original.

What new articles? Can post links?

Xilef

I-U

I worry that if I get this $59.99 New Super Mario Brothers U that I'll go back to the original $34.99 New Super Mario Brothers later and continue to find the latter much more appealing. It's a bit less obvious than with NSMB Wii and NSMB 2, but NSMB U is still running on gimmicks to try to stand out from the rest. It looks impressive, and I'm sure the gameplay will impress, but I'm worried that it could feel "empty" not too long after I complete it. I have to give it credit for its new themes, and maybe they'll be enough to keep me engaged by the experience years after first completing the game.

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

CM30

Xilef wrote:

CM30 wrote:

What new articles? Can post links?

http://nintendo3dsdaily.com/wiiu/first-wii-u-review-scores-in...

http://nintendoeverything.com/103948/first-wii-u-game-reviews...

Without wishing to spoil anything, we were surprised, excited, and twinkly-eyed during an excellent finale. It’s almost as if Nintendo suddenly realised that they were in fact working with a Wii U, with a game-changing GamePad and everything.

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

Happy_Mask

I think I'm gonna choose this over batman for now, because I'll need a multiplayer game for the holidays. :3

e-love

So whatever the surprises may be, I see the word "finale" and think: last level + final battle with Bowser.

Should be epic! Got my hopes high.

19Robb92

Lol, now I'm just gonna want to rush through the first few worlds to get to the final world and see what they're talking about. x)

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

ThePirateCaptain

I think the final levels taking place in Peach's Castle is pretty awesome and those reviewers seemed to think so too. I can't wait to get my hands on this in 12 days!

Edited on by ThePirateCaptain

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.