Forums

Topic: Next WiiU System Update (6.0.0)

Posts 261 to 280 of 543

DefHalan

Morpheel wrote:

Huh, but the new 3ds has exactly the same amount of buttons as the Gamepad and pro controller doesn't it?

Just missing the ability for the Analog sticks to click down

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

RedDevilAde

Morpheel wrote:

Huh, but the new 3ds has exactly the same amount of buttons as the Gamepad and pro controller doesn't it?

I think the ones it is missing are the ones inside the analogue sticks which can be pushed as a button.

Rimmer: "Look, I think we've all got something to bring to this conversation, but I think that from now on the thing you should bring is silence."

Homer: "Oh people can come up with statistics to prove anything Kent. Forfty percent of all people know that."

Nintendo Network ID: RedDevilAde

Grumblevolcano

RedDevilAde wrote:

Morpheel wrote:

I think the ones it is missing are the ones inside the analogue sticks which can be pushed as a button.

But are there any 1st party Wii U games that actually use clicking the control stick? I can't think of any as that technique only really seems to get used in games where guns are very prominent (for reloading).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Eel

And then again, there's a touch screen in between the sticks with more than enough space to add the three buttons that would be needed to emulate the feature (one for each stick + one for both at the same time).

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

skywake

It also has a lower resolution screen and the touch screen is wrong aspect ratio. But you know, keep dreaming I guess.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Jmaster

Grumblevolcano wrote:

RedDevilAde wrote:

Morpheel wrote:

But are there any 1st party Wii U games that actually use clicking the control stick? I can't think of any as that technique only really seems to get used in games where guns are very prominent (for reloading).

I believe WWHD used it, and Splatoon as well. Plus, it needs to be able to function properly as Pro Controller in every single game if they want to emulate it.
So quite simply, you can't simply emulate a Pro Controller with a New 3DS, it still has to be programmed for each game individually. However, Smash has proven that it is possible to do for individual games so chanches are that we're going to see it ore often.

Jmaster

LzWinky

theWAITisOVER wrote:

http://nintendoeverything.com/wii-u-update-version-5-3-2-out-...
look at the comment "...I heard that once you start smash bros, the gcn adapter becomes activated and then it can be used in wii mode." is it true??

I heard that if you spin the adapter a few times you unlock the Gamecube virtual console

No, it's not true btw

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Grumblevolcano

WaLzgi wrote:

theWAITisOVER wrote:

look at the comment "...I heard that once you start smash bros, the gcn adapter becomes activated and then it can be used in wii mode." is it true??

I heard that if you spin the adapter a few times you unlock the Gamecube virtual console

No, it's not true btw

I heard that if 100 people get 99,999 VR in Mario Kart 8 VS race before the 31st December then the digital deluxe promotion is saved and improved.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

theWAITisOVER

"Oh, it is, but uh, I'd rather not discuss here why that is, let's just say it activates something in the Cafe OS (Wii U mode).... I know people that can even use the adapter without using SSB first, that's all I can say here."

Edited on by theWAITisOVER

Stop to hang up on STUPID LITTLE THINGS! Play Wii U! ;-)
ANASTACIA: THE NEW ALBUM "EVOLUTION" INCLUDING THE NEW SINGLE "CAUGHT IN THE MIDDLE" OUT NOW! ;)

ogo79

Grumblevolcano wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

theWAITisOVER wrote:

No, it's not true btw

I heard that if 100 people get 99,999 VR in Mario Kart 8 VS race before the 31st December then the digital deluxe promotion is saved and improved.

its gonna end. all free things end

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

LzWinky

I heard that if you buy 500 NES games, you'll unlock the entire Virtual Console with ogo as your host

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

ogo79

WaLzgi wrote:

I heard that if you buy 500 NES games, you'll unlock the entire Virtual Console with ogo as your host

now thats a deal right there!
wait...does this mean i have to work?
pfffff
not up in here

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

LzWinky

You're supposed to make the Rare Downloads program for the Wii U

theWAITisOVER

skywake wrote:

Well given every update seems to have that even when it's the only change then yeah, almost certainty. Also, just to make a point:
Version 1.0: Launch version
Version 2.0: eShop, NNID, Miiverse, WiiMode, Browser, USB storage etc, etc
Version 3.0: Fixed loading issues, standby updates, Wii menu quick load, support for second USB drive
Version 4.0: WiiMode on gamepad, software can be pushed to the console
Version 5.0: Quick Start menu, notifications in standby, automatic installation of updates in standby

So when they do version 6.0 I reckon it'll come with a fairly significant improvement.

i think that the fairly significant improvement will be user customization http://86bb71d19d3bcb79effc-d9e6924a0395cb1b5b9f03b7640d26eb....

ANASTACIA: THE NEW ALBUM "EVOLUTION" INCLUDING THE NEW SINGLE "CAUGHT IN THE MIDDLE" OUT NOW! ;)

LzWinky

The mythical version 6.0 will include more region lock. You can only play games made in your country

ogo79

WaLzgi wrote:

You're supposed to make the Rare Downloads program for the Wii U

im talking with nintendo about this still. im emailing and calling as hard as i can.

the_shpydar wrote:

ogo79

WaLzgi wrote:

The mythical version 6.0 will include more region lock. You can only play games made in your country

oh im hearing 6.1 is gonna be where you can only play games made in your city. theres gonna be some slim pickins i reckon.

the_shpydar wrote:

theWAITisOVER

Okay, I see somebody got jokes, but i'm sure that something special will come with the new year. and yes, it will be mythical!

theWAITisOVER

a general network maintenance has just finished... From Monday, December 15, 2014 2:30 PM

• Monday, December 15, 2014 3:17 PM Pacific Time
    Affected Services:Wii U
    • AllNintendo 3DS
    • All

do you think that there'll be something new?

Edited on by theWAITisOVER

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.