Forums

Topic: Rumour: Paper Mario Wii U game leaked

Posts 101 to 120 of 152

LetsGoChamp

Mondays game is Mini Marios Amiibo Challenge.

#LetsGoChamp says the Gamecube NX will rule them all.

DekuOnion

Why are random Nintendo fans on Twitter being told information about upcoming games in the first place?

Currently Playing: SMITE, ROTTR, Halo 5: Guardians (XB1), Xenoblade Chronicles X (WiiU), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney 2 (3DS)

rishisquid

DekuOnion wrote:

Why are random Nintendo fans on Twitter being told information about upcoming games in the first place?

Yeah.... I'm still confused as to how this information is credible.

rishisquid

jariw

DekuOnion wrote:

In what way is Emily a random fan?

If Emily isn't ok for you for some reason, perhaps the GAFer ShockingAlberto is:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=193002065&post...

My personal guess is that the leaks come from retailers, not from the Treehouse.

Edited on by jariw

jariw

Octane

Tearaway Unfolded looked great on a big screen, so I'm hoping for some creative use regarding the paper aesthetic. I have never played a Paper Mario game, so I don't really care what they do, as long as it's good.

Octane

Mister_Wu

DarthNocturnal wrote:

Anyway, I don't see why a guideline would say "make the most empty-feeling / bland game ever". They had a good thing going up until after Super Paper Mario. If they aren't even going to try, then let Square make Super Mario RPG 2.

The reason is actually simple and Nintendo told us that many times: they are establishing Mario as a brand for a broader audience. This means that they are aiming at:
-simplicity
-clarity
-consistency

When you think at "Mario" some immediately recognizable elements must come out.

And remember that Nintendo already tried that in the '80s and '90s, even with two movies (because there was even a feature-long anime), but they took the exactly opposite approach and that didn't end well, as the infamous Super Mario Bros. movie and the notKoopalings with notBowser of the western cartoon showed us, along with Hotel Mario, Mario is Missing, Mario's Game Gallery, the comics that showed Mario with swimming underwear and so on.

P.S.: remember that the directors and executive producer on Square's part of Super Mario RPG now work at AlphaDream, and Yoko Shimomura composes for the Mario & Luigi games as well!

Edited on by Mister_Wu

Mister_Wu

Mister_Wu

DarthNocturnal wrote:

And I don't see what a bad movie and bad games (not even made by Nintendo) have to do about it...

"What we really want to do is we want people to want to interact with our IP. And so we want to increase the frequency with which they encounter our IP, whether that's through them parks, or merchandize with our IP, or just images and visual interactions with Nintendo IP."

"A variety of popular characters, including Mario and Link, appear in Nintendo’s video games and these characters are the source of Nintendo’s IP value.

By increasing the number of people who have access to this Nintendo IP or video game characters, music and world view, and by increasing the value of Nintendo IP, we aim to further expand the gaming population. "
Tatsumi Kimishima

"As the “Fellow” who oversees the Nintendo’s entire software production, while working on unique game software developments, I am also in a position to conceive and execute unique plans that uses Nintendo IP, and I have always been hoping to maximize the company’s profits by proactively using this IP. As the first tangible example of our proactive use of IP, we released amiibo last year, and as Mr. Kimishima explained during his presentation today, amiibo has already been contributing to the company’s financial performance. Just as this amiibo example shows, Nintendo’s proactive use of its IP is to improve its business performance by taking advantage of Nintendo IP in a variety of ways, not by limiting use to merchandise licensing activities. For example, this is one of the objectives of deploying our IP on smart devices but it includes our attempt to increase the awareness of Nintendo by delivering our messages to people whom we have not been able to communicate with when deploying our IP on dedicated game systems."
Shigeru Miyamoto

Edited on by Mister_Wu

Mister_Wu

Mister_Wu

@DarthNocturnal: I'm just trying to understand the reason for this unexplicable trend, because I too cannot really understand it.
Brand management is the only reasonable explanation I can find, also for the famous retcon of the Koopalings, for Yoshi being considered just a Yoshi and not a dinosaur and so on...

Mister_Wu

JonSpangler

So Monday came and went. Did I miss a announcement? Was anything actually leaked?

JonSpangler

Twitter:

NintendoFan64

JonSpangler wrote:

So Monday came and went. Did I miss a announcement? Was anything actually leaked?

The news of a possible Wii U Paper Mario WAS the leak. They just spilled the beans a couple days early.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

NintendoFan64

DarthNocturnal wrote:

NintendoFan64 wrote:

JonSpangler wrote:

The news of a possible Wii U Paper Mario WAS the leak. They just spilled the beans a couple days early.

"Hey guys, we have a game leak, but we won't say anything until Monday"
few hours later
"Hey guys, we're getting a Paper Mario game on Wii U."

That's pretty much it, yeah.

JonSpangler

Thanks. Even though the Paper Mario U rumor was leaked a few hours later I was still hoping for something a little more concrete to come out yesterday. Not like a official announcement but more then just a passing statement.

JonSpangler

Twitter:

NintendoFan64

@JonSpangler Looks like now all we can do is wait and see if it ends up being true.

JonSpangler

The waiting is the hardest part
Every day you see one more card
You take it on faith, you take it to the heart
The waiting is the hardest part

JonSpangler

Twitter:

Action51

A new game for Wii U?

But haven't the cynics, haters, hipsters, and conspiracy theorists been telling us the Wii U is dead and nothing new is coming in 2016 because they know the NX is just around the corner?

Action51

Luna_110

@Action51
They have been saying many things.... And most of them then "hope" the NX has backwards compatibility with the Wii U, because they like the games but they don't want the Console.... XD

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Shinion

@Luna_110: or those very same people who are convinced that Zelda U is an NX game. Obviously, because the evidence is overwhelming. There are even some people in that bracket who still think that Zelda U isn't being released on Wii U. Somehow. I'm just looking forward to playing what great games there are left and getting the most out of a system I believe has been worth every penny I've spent on it.

Shinion

Luna_110

@Thelastlugia Completely agree, good sir. My Wii U had only given me good and fun moments, and Paper Mario will only add to that.

Edited on by Luna_110

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.