Wii U Forum

Topic: New Competitor For Wii U

Showing 81 to 100 of 163

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Mandoble

81. Posted:

Lollipop, to be frank, your lack of understanding and mental flexibility is always disturbing, dont you see the quotes? I will expend or waste a last bit of patience with you. People here is asking for first party games, which theorically would not be present for this project, but first party are games created by the owners of the device, and so, exclusives as well in most cases. Now it happens that a big part of the crew of OUYA's project is, in fact, composed by developers so it might really have some first parties available, but anyway most indies creating for OUYA will be creating, forced by the device it self, exclusives for it. If you create a game for an Android device that relies on its gamepad and TV, for which other Android devices might this work?

Mandoble

AuthorMessage
Avatar

skywake

82. Posted:

I'm not going to comment on the argument in this thread and Choco's "zomg the fanboys don't get free-to-play games on smartphones" rants..... while simultaneously saying games are too cheap on other threads..... but........

Sony_70 wrote:

I'm too lazy to build a htcp and rather have some thing pre built. That and the PC interface e isn't built for TVs. Not sure why p. Gamers don't get this.

You might think it's impossible for a "PC gamer" to understand that a desktop PC environment is not build for TVs but I can assure you that they/we do. More to the point it seems you don't understand how to build a PC given that building a PC is easier than putting together IKEA furniture and "lazy" is never an excuse to avoid flatpacks.

If this OUYA idea of having an open source console with free Android games on it is really something you're interested in then... why not go out right now, build a PC, install Android on it?

Edited on by skywake

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

83. Posted:

I did what now?

Skywake, dearie, I was pointing out that the fanboys continue to insist that, despite literally hundreds of games that prove otherwise, the smart phones and tablets only offer $0.99 mini games. There's a good range of games being released that cost well over $10 now, and have full console production values.

Unless there's another post here that I have forgotten about and did not find on a look back where I said something about free-to-play? That would surprise me, because I'm not a huge fan of it.

@Mandobole That is not what your previous post said. At all. Go read it again, you made the statement that according to you a first party game would be any of the 'thousands' of indies developing games exclusively for the Ouya.

If that isn't what you meant, then brilliant, you're not clueless, you just need to work on your articulation so that you don't come across that way.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

warioswoods

84. Posted:

I suspect that most of the backers to Ouya are mainly interested in it for the same reason I am: to use as a little hackbox to run emulators, interpreters (ScummVM, etc), and whatever other odds and ends I can't already run on my locked devices. As for its sanctioned and official shop, I doubt I'll have much interest in it, though I'll keep an eye out for gems here and there.

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -Lakitu 64
Join us in the epic Nintendo Life Wii Music Thread

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Koos

85. Posted:

Thats because the top selling games on the iOS are indeed these games.
Temple run angry birds where's my water angry birds space and fruit ninja are the most successful iOS games.....
http://thumblounge.com/topapps/top-iphone-games/

Not only that they're also the most critically acclaimed. If you look at metacritic cut the rope scored 93 Scrabble scores 94 . There are anomalies but that's the platform. Usually if you'll try to bring examples if good games (and tablet doesn't count... it has to be mobile device since tablet is just a dumbed down PC with a different interface) you'll see either ports (of WiiWare games for example, often with crappy controls), legacy games (crappy controls again) or a few stand out but brief attempts like infinity blade.

Edited on by Koos

Koos

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

86. Posted:

You know, I would have thought Nintendo fanboys of all people, who spend half their lives defending the Wii against its reputation for being a casual/ shovelware console, would realise that market perception isn't necessarily reality.

Thats because the top selling games on the iOS are indeed these games.

Just like the Wii's top selling games (not including Nintendo... sometimes), are shovelware/ casual games, right?

Temple run angry birds where's my water angry birds space and fruit ninja are the most successful iOS games.....

Just Dance, Wii Fit, Wii Play, Carnival Games, Wii Sports are some of the most successful Wii games...

Not only that they're also the most critically acclaimed. If you look at metacritic cut the rope scored 93 Scrabble scores 94 .

Because there's only two games that can be critically acclaimed on a console, right?

There are anomalies but that's the platform.

There are anomalies but the Wii is a casual/ shovelware platform.

(and tablet doesn't count... it has to be mobile device since tablet is just a dumbed down PC with a different interface)

What the hell? The Wii, PS3 and Xbox 360 are "dumbed down PCs with different interfaces." What the heck does that have to do with whether they're able to offer good games to play?

you'll see either ports (of WiiWare games for example, often with crappy controls)

I'm trying to think of a single port of a WiiWare game on the iPad that has "crappy controls...." nope. Drawing a blank. But, then again, I've actually spent more than 10 minutes with an iPad to draw my conclusions.

legacy games (crappy controls again)

Nope. Try again.

legacy games (crappy controls again) or a few stand out but brief attempts like infinity blade.

Now:

Puerto Rico HD
Avadon: The Black Fortress
Romance of the Three Kingdoms Touch Plus
Minecraft Pocket Edition
Groove Coaster
Quarrel DX
Call of Cthulhu: Wasted Land
Civilization Revolution
Adventure Bar Story
Battle Academy
Chaos Rings
Chaos Rings 2
Final Fantasy III
Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions
Ascendancy
Ash 2: Shadows
The Bard’s Tale
Contre Jour
Dark Meadow
Infinity Blade

Infinity Blade 2
Dungeon Crawlers
Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective
Galaxy on Fire 2
Grand Theft Auto 3
Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars
Shantae: Risky’s Revenge
Reiner Knizia’s Cluster Master
Reiner Knizia’s Samurai
Soul Calibur
Sega & Sonic All-Stars Racing
Zen Pinball
F1 2011
The Quest Gold
Puzzle Quest 2
Wizardry Labyrinth of Lost Souls
Ravenmark Scourge of Estellion
Anomaly Warzone Earth
Command & Conquer Red Alert

Greed Corp HD
History Egypt Engineering an Empire
Max and the Magic Marker
NyxQuest HD
Sid Meier’s Pirates
Sim City Deluxe
Game Dev Story
Real Racing 2 HD
Ticket to Ride
Epoch
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12
Scribblenauts Remix
Sky Gamblers: Air Supremacy
Batman Arkham City Lockdown
Mechinarium
Hunters 2
Modern Combat 3: Fallen Nation
Dead Space for iPad

Mass Effect Infiltrator
NBA Jam
The Sims Medieval
World of Goo HD
NBA 2K12 for iPad
Football Manager Handheld
Dungeon Defenders
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
Sky Gamblers: Rise of Glory
Secret of Mana
Chrono Trigger
Motoheroz HD
Bit.Trip Beat HD
Katamari Amore
Devil May Cry Refrain

It's worth noting that a lot of those are also exclusive to the iPad/ iPhone. They all control just fine.

But please continue, don't let such silly things as facts get in the way of a nice bit of double standards.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

FOREST_RANGER

87. Posted:

@Waltz: I don't think one will really see a worded-list of games to justify the iPad as a comparable console-like companion if they only play game consoles. Perhaps you could show a video of some games some day :3

Edited on by FOREST_RANGER

Formely known as bobbiKat

Awesome graphing calculator

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

88. Posted:

bobbiKat wrote:

@Waltz: I don't think one will really see a worded-list of games to justify the iPad as a comparable console-like companion if they only play game consoles. Perhaps you could show a video of some games some day :3

If I need to show videos of these games, then that would imply that one wasn't aware of these games.

If one isn't aware of these games, one should refrain from dismissing the iPad, as one clearly doesn't know what kind of gaming experiences the iPad is capable of.

In related news it's pretty awesome talking like that dude from Game of Thrones.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

89. Posted:

If there is a possible rebuttal to that, I would love to see it.

Also I would not bring up Metacritic scores, Nintendo fans. The Wii gets absolutely obliterated in that department. You're better off sticking with the whole 'reviews don't matter, only my feelings do!' thing. The list of highly rated games on the App market is ridiculous.

AlexSays

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kyuubikid213

90. Posted:

Bring it back on topic, people...

I'm not picking up the Ouya personally, but here's a toast to it's success.

Edited on by kyuubikid213

Wii Owner, 3DS Owner, Wii U Owner

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I promise to be a mature individual. Request from theblackdragon

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MetalMario

91. Posted:

While I can see the appeal of this to some people, I won't be getting it most likely.

Mario is my homeboy! It matters not how you play. What matters...is how you fall.[00:49] PhoenixSage doesn't understand what's so hot about Metal's momFor friend codes, check my backloggery.VGM Bronze Medal - 37 Points
My Backloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MetalMario64

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Koos

92. Posted:

THanks for proving my point. All I see on the list is crappy control ports and all the things I mentioned. I know you prefer to ignore facts like metacritic and high selling games so we can move on. You can live in youR bubble
Didn't read your stuff on wii or fanboy stuff. Makes sense to try to deviate from the subject though. Just remember the best selling and critically acclaimed Wii games are Zelda's brawl SMG smg2 nuff said.

Koos

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Jamouse

93. Posted:

Koos wrote:

THanks for proving my point. All I see on the list is crappy control ports and all the things I mentioned. I know you prefer to ignore facts like metacritic and high selling games so we can move on. You can live in youR bubble
Didn't read your stuff on wii or fanboy stuff. Makes sense to try to deviate from the subject though. Just remember the best selling and critically acclaimed Wii games are Zelda's brawl SMG smg2 nuff said.

Just give up. No matter what you say, Waltz will always do his fancy "respond to everything you said in individual quotes" and win the argument.

Jamouse

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Koos

94. Posted:

Indeed. Thanks. I realized that. Since I am typing from a cellphone I have technical limitations but it was obvious there was no room for debate when he copied pasted that list so lamely. He actually included all the ports and he didn't make an effort to explain which games he actually wants to talk about. Nyxquest GTA 3 max and the magic marker infinity blade which I mentioned FF 2 mine craft scribblenauts dead space the Sims secret of man a chrono trigger Batman NBA 2k NBA jam Sid Meier red alert zen pinball soul caliber shantae ghost trick tiger woods...... motoheroez..... it just gives on and on with casual ports or old games with problematic controls or games that were available on wii or DS. This is Hus argument for high budgeted Games ?? As if someone went on to develop sky rim or xenoblae for the iPhone.... he is completely oblivious. My favorite part now that I read it is how he says "except for NintendO games... some..." talking about best selling games.

Thats always the reply of the fan boy attacking the wii. He knows that third parties mess it up and Nintendo makes fantastic games and that this is the core difference so he tries to exclude it from the discussion. But this was never about the wii. It is about consoles and it related to the discussion. If Ouya doesn't have the high budgeted 360 ps3 games and doesn't have Nintendo its stuck with mostly garbage like iOS.

Koos

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Koos

95. Posted:

My God he even included things like WizRdy labyrynth of lost souls. A PlayStation port (not surprising since 90% are ports on the list) but amazingly this game is a prime example of completely unplayable controls. I know because I played it. Its free btw surprise surprise. This is a fine example of people trying to win arguments by dumping walls of misinformation hoping nobody will pay attention....

Koos

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Koos

96. Posted:

AlexSays wrote:

Also I would not bring up Metacritic scores, Nintendo fans. The Wii.

SMG 97
SMG 2 97
Zelda TP 95
Brawl 93
Zelda Skyward Sword 93
Xenoblade 92
Metroid Prime Trilogy 91
Metroid 3 90
NSMB Wii 87
DKCR 87
Sin and punishment 2 87
Kirby Epic Yarn 86
Fluidity 86
Punch out! 86
Super Paper Mario 85
Mabishi Arcade 85
Rhythm heaven 84
Wario 83
Last Story 82
Mario kart 82

Koos

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Aviator

97. Posted:

Koos wrote:

Nyxquest GTA 3 max and the magic marker infinity blade which I mentioned FF 2 mine craft scribblenauts dead space the Sims secret of man a chrono trigger Batman NBA 2k NBA jam Sid Meier red alert zen pinball soul caliber shantae ghost trick tiger woods...... motoheroez..... it just gives on and on with casual ports or old games with problematic controls or games that were available on wii or DS.

Metacritc for iOS|Wii/DS/Other
Nyxquest - 79|82
GTA 3 - 80|93 (PC)
Max and the Magic Marker - 75 (iPod/Phone) 76 (iPad) Nothing for Wii.
Infinity Blade - 87
FF2 - 73|63 (PSP)
Scribblenauts - 86|81 (Super Scribblenauts)
Dead Space - Not the same game but it got 83
Batman - Different game to the Arkham series. Got 69.
Ghost Trick - 87|83

None of which are casual ports.
And when you look at it, a lot of the games are done better on iOS than on Wii/DS.


Metacritic again.
All time Wii scores. At the bottom of the first page you're at 80.
All time DS scores. At the bottom of the first page you're at 81.
All time iOS scores. At the bottom of the first page you're at 88.

Edited on by Aviator

[strong]When you touch me I die,
just a little inside,
I wonder if
this could be love.[/strong]
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Koos

98. Posted:

Yeah I know about the meyacritic and iOS. That's the point. They are reviews as cazual time wasters. Hence the scores for angry birds cut the rope etc. Metacriric itself treats it differently. Its not listed as best games categories like the consoles annually. Read their explanation.

Nyxquest port from wii with worse controls.
GTA 3 legacy game with touch controls
Max port from wii
Infinity blade mentioned as a different attempt Spevifically. Short.
Ff2 legacy
Scribblensuts port with no super scribblenauts controls
Dead space you said it. Casual port controls wise of a hard score game.
Batman again cash in
Ghost trick Ds port....

Koos

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Aviator

99. Posted:

Koos wrote:

Yeah I know about the meyacritic and iOS. That's the point. They are reviews as cazual time wasters.

No they're not. They are reviewed as games on iOS.

[strong]When you touch me I die,
just a little inside,
I wonder if
this could be love.[/strong]
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

100. Posted:

Koos wrote:

THanks for proving my point. All I see on the list is crappy control ports and all the things I mentioned. I know you prefer to ignore facts like metacritic and high selling games so we can move on. You can live in youR bubble
Didn't read your stuff on wii or fanboy stuff. Makes sense to try to deviate from the subject though. Just remember the best selling and critically acclaimed Wii games are Zelda's brawl SMG smg2 nuff said.

You dismiss an entire gaming platform that you've clearly never spent enough time on to formulate a rational perspective on, and you are a Nintendo fanboy on a Nintendo fan site, and you're telling a guy who owns every piece of current-gen gaming technology and runs a cross-platform website that he lives in a bubble?

Breathtaking. Well done, sir, you're the newest to join the Tendoboy club.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)