Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - OT

Posts 721 to 740 of 1,519

ShadJV

MERG wrote:

I wish that Capcom was offering a "digital" bundle. I want both versions and $100 is going to hurt.

Nintendo doesn't exactly have a good system set up for cross platform bundles.

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!

Spoony_Tech

MERG wrote:

I wish that Capcom was offering a "digital" bundle. I want both versions and $100 is going to hurt.

Amazon had a pre-order deal. Buy one get 50% of the other. Not sure if its still there or not though.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

MERG

Tech101 wrote:

MERG wrote:

Amazon had a pre-order deal. Buy one get 50% of the other. Not sure if its still there or not though.

I believe that was physical only. I want this as digital.

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

Joeynator3000

You won't see anything new here, but someone uploaded a "First 60 Minutes" of Ultimate. For those of you who are new to the series, if you want to see what goes in between quests and all that stuff. (though here you're mainly seeing the tutorial portion of the game. (its long)

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Softmonk

Ok, so everyone seems to have ignored the really important part of my post. The main reason I posted was to call attention to what may be a bug or oversight, or may be a deliberate and horrible game design choice.

When you make your character, you are randomly assigned one of 17 "charm tables" that determine FOREVER the availability of certain drops. Twelve of them have over 20,000 entries, the other five have just 200 to 800. These "cursed tables" simply DO NOT CONTAIN many of the good drops, meaning that no matter how long you play, you will NEVER be able to build certain armor or skill sets. Not a reduced chance, ZERO chance. FOREVER.

This is a big deal. It is a betrayal of the very Monster Hunter concept in which all hunters are created equal, and every armor and skill is available to everyone who puts the time in.

This NEEDS to be addressed.

Softmonk

SCRAPPER392

@Softmonk
What items specifically? I wouldn't mind getting only a few rare items if they were better than the other 20,000.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Chrono_Cross

Softmonk wrote:

Ok, so everyone seems to have ignored the really important part of my post. The main reason I posted was to call attention to what may be a bug or oversight, or may be a deliberate and horrible game design choice.

When you make your character, you are randomly assigned one of 17 "charm tables" that determine FOREVER the availability of certain drops. Twelve of them have over 20,000 entries, the other five have just 200 to 800. These "cursed tables" simply DO NOT CONTAIN many of the good drops, meaning that no matter how long you play, you will NEVER be able to build certain armor or skill sets. Not a reduced chance, ZERO chance. FOREVER.

This is a big deal. It is a betrayal of the very Monster Hunter concept in which all hunters are created equal, and every armor and skill is available to everyone who puts the time in.

This NEEDS to be addressed.

It's like you want us to do something about it.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Softmonk

SCAR392 wrote:

@Softmonk
What items specifically? I wouldn't mind getting only a few rare items if they were better than the other 20,000.

No. most of the good ones are missing. There is no advantage to landing on a cursed table, only severe, permanent disadvantages.

Softmonk

ShadJV

Softmonk wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Softmonk

No. most of the good ones are missing. There is no advantage to landing on a cursed table, only severe, permanent disadvantages.

How do you know what table you land on?

Peace!

Joeynator3000

ShadJV wrote:

Softmonk wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Softmonk

How do you know what table you land on?

I heard that there's various ways...apparently you can find out one way via the fishing fleet. o_0

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

erv

The table thing is something I'm aware of and I had the position of not caring in the slightest and just have fun playing. But it is SO incredibly off, I can't for the life of me imagine following through with a character on one of the cursed tables.

There's tools out there that will show the experienced hunter what it's about. I'll be checking what table I am on using the fisherman method - if it confirms I am on a cursed table I'll start over. If it confirms I'm on anything else, I'll be happy and move on. I won't be aiming for anything specific, just avoiding the charm tables that really suck.

I really can't imagine this not being fixed in the future, but it's quite a gamble for a long running hunter.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Sonicfan11589

When I do get this game in a week, what job class should i have for my character, which one is the most fun?

Sonicfan11589

Chrono_Cross

Sonicfan11589 wrote:

When I do get this game in a week, what job class should i have for my character, which one is the most fun?

The easier weapons are usually the weaker ones. It really depends on what weapon you feel most comfortable with and expanding your skills from there.

Just for you.

ShadJV

erv wrote:

The table thing is something I'm aware of and I had the position of not caring in the slightest and just have fun playing. But it is SO incredibly off, I can't for the life of me imagine following through with a character on one of the cursed tables.

There's tools out there that will show the experienced hunter what it's about. I'll be checking what table I am on using the fisherman method - if it confirms I am on a cursed table I'll start over. If it confirms I'm on anything else, I'll be happy and move on. I won't be aiming for anything specific, just avoiding the charm tables that really suck.

I really can't imagine this not being fixed in the future, but it's quite a gamble for a long running hunter.

Can you explain the fisherman method?

Peace!

Sonicfan11589

Yeah I have a feeling like i did in the demo, i would go with something blunt-related. Like a sword/ 2x Sword weapon class. Is it possible to change ur weapon class or start a new character but still go back to ur old one when u want to?

Sonicfan11589

Chrono_Cross

Sonicfan11589 wrote:

Yeah I have a feeling like i did in the demo, i would go with something blunt-related. Like a sword/ 2x Sword weapon class. Is it possible to change ur weapon class or start a new character but still go back to ur old one when u want to?

Unless it's exclused (there would be no reason to exclude it), yes, you'll be able to make six different characters and be able to switch weapons via in game with each individual character.

In other words, if your sick of using a bow with character 1, you'll be able to equip a different weapon in real time. Hunters are not assigned to one weapon. lol

Just for you.

erv

ShadJV wrote:

Can you explain the fisherman method?

Sure - fairly early in the game you can unlock fisherman boats, you send them off to haul in some fish at the moga coast location and note their rewards the moment they return. Enter the loot here http://mhvuze.de/3ucharm/fishEN/ for as many times as you may need to see which table you are on.

That way, you can confirm in hindsight whether or not you were cursed in the first place. I'm still not sure whether I'd be bothered to change regardless, but I am quite surprised at the far bigger disadvantage the tables give you over any of the others - hard to believe, really.

Problem is, you need to do certain quests first in order to get your first fisherman available. Wish there was a way of checking it out sooner.

erv

Sonicfan11589 wrote:

I don't think you played a monster hunter game before? You don't choose a class or character or job or legend beforehand. You can pick anything, anywhere, anytime with the one character you have. You may have been using a hammer and fancy picking up a great sword - well you craft the best you can get and go for it.

It really is unbelievably in-depth to see the difference in expertise is purely skill related. One of the charming aspects of monster hunter for sure - the different results are all because of the skill the player possesses in its most subtle, perfectionist form.

Oh and prancing. Prancing is a sign of legendary skill too.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.