Wii U Forum

Topic: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

Showing 721 to 740 of 1,506

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Void

721. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

I be gettin' dat fa duh show, homie G slice! 4eel!
Bustin' caps ol' skool ghetto style! Get back to dah streets, yo!
Dat Lagombi best be not hatin' wen we be drivin' by that hood, bro!
U dig? Peace out!

/me slowly walks away...

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

722. Posted:

Void wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

I be gettin' dat fa duh show, homie G slice! 4eel!
Bustin' caps ol' skool ghetto style! Get back to dah streets, yo!
Dat Lagombi best be not hatin' wen we be drivin' by that hood, bro!
U dig? Peace out!

/me slowly walks away...

/me stops Void and makes him watch what society has accomplished

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Xiao_Pai

723. Posted:

Ugh, I can't stop watching 3G videos...longest wait ever. xD

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Void

724. Posted:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Void wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

I be gettin' dat fa duh show, homie G slice! 4eel!
Bustin' caps ol' skool ghetto style! Get back to dah streets, yo!
Dat Lagombi best be not hatin' wen we be drivin' by that hood, bro!
U dig? Peace out!

/me slowly walks away...

/me stops Void and makes him watch what society has accomplished

Untitled

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MERG

725. Posted:

I wish that Capcom was offering a "digital" bundle. I want both versions and $100 is going to hurt.

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ShadJV

726. Posted:

MERG wrote:

I wish that Capcom was offering a "digital" bundle. I want both versions and $100 is going to hurt.

Nintendo doesn't exactly have a good system set up for cross platform bundles.

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Spoony_Tech

727. Posted:

MERG wrote:

I wish that Capcom was offering a "digital" bundle. I want both versions and $100 is going to hurt.

Amazon had a pre-order deal. Buy one get 50% of the other. Not sure if its still there or not though.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MERG

728. Posted:

Tech101 wrote:

MERG wrote:

I wish that Capcom was offering a "digital" bundle. I want both versions and $100 is going to hurt.

Amazon had a pre-order deal. Buy one get 50% of the other. Not sure if its still there or not though.

I believe that was physical only. I want this as digital.

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Xiao_Pai

729. Posted:

You won't see anything new here, but someone uploaded a "First 60 Minutes" of Ultimate. For those of you who are new to the series, if you want to see what goes in between quests and all that stuff. (though here you're mainly seeing the tutorial portion of the game. (its long)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFapqtr9CbM

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Softmonk

730. Posted:

Ok, so everyone seems to have ignored the really important part of my post. The main reason I posted was to call attention to what may be a bug or oversight, or may be a deliberate and horrible game design choice.

When you make your character, you are randomly assigned one of 17 "charm tables" that determine FOREVER the availability of certain drops. Twelve of them have over 20,000 entries, the other five have just 200 to 800. These "cursed tables" simply DO NOT CONTAIN many of the good drops, meaning that no matter how long you play, you will NEVER be able to build certain armor or skill sets. Not a reduced chance, ZERO chance. FOREVER.

This is a big deal. It is a betrayal of the very Monster Hunter concept in which all hunters are created equal, and every armor and skill is available to everyone who puts the time in.

This NEEDS to be addressed.

Softmonk

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

731. Posted:

^Great. What you want us to do about it? We're not Capcom. They're the only ones who can fix that.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

732. Posted:

@Softmonk
What items specifically? I wouldn't mind getting only a few rare items if they were better than the other 20,000.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

733. Posted:

Softmonk wrote:

Ok, so everyone seems to have ignored the really important part of my post. The main reason I posted was to call attention to what may be a bug or oversight, or may be a deliberate and horrible game design choice.

When you make your character, you are randomly assigned one of 17 "charm tables" that determine FOREVER the availability of certain drops. Twelve of them have over 20,000 entries, the other five have just 200 to 800. These "cursed tables" simply DO NOT CONTAIN many of the good drops, meaning that no matter how long you play, you will NEVER be able to build certain armor or skill sets. Not a reduced chance, ZERO chance. FOREVER.

This is a big deal. It is a betrayal of the very Monster Hunter concept in which all hunters are created equal, and every armor and skill is available to everyone who puts the time in.

This NEEDS to be addressed.

It's like you want us to do something about it.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Softmonk

734. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Softmonk
What items specifically? I wouldn't mind getting only a few rare items if they were better than the other 20,000.

No. most of the good ones are missing. There is no advantage to landing on a cursed table, only severe, permanent disadvantages.

Softmonk

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ShadJV

735. Posted:

Softmonk wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Softmonk
What items specifically? I wouldn't mind getting only a few rare items if they were better than the other 20,000.

No. most of the good ones are missing. There is no advantage to landing on a cursed table, only severe, permanent disadvantages.

How do you know what table you land on?

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Xiao_Pai

736. Posted:

ShadJV wrote:

Softmonk wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Softmonk
What items specifically? I wouldn't mind getting only a few rare items if they were better than the other 20,000.

No. most of the good ones are missing. There is no advantage to landing on a cursed table, only severe, permanent disadvantages.

How do you know what table you land on?

I heard that there's various ways...apparently you can find out one way via the fishing fleet. o_0

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

erv

737. Posted:

The table thing is something I'm aware of and I had the position of not caring in the slightest and just have fun playing. But it is SO incredibly off, I can't for the life of me imagine following through with a character on one of the cursed tables.

There's tools out there that will show the experienced hunter what it's about. I'll be checking what table I am on using the fisherman method - if it confirms I am on a cursed table I'll start over. If it confirms I'm on anything else, I'll be happy and move on. I won't be aiming for anything specific, just avoiding the charm tables that really suck.

I really can't imagine this not being fixed in the future, but it's quite a gamble for a long running hunter.

Warrior of Dearth!

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sonicfan11589

738. Posted:

When I do get this game in a week, what job class should i have for my character, which one is the most fun?

Sonicfan11589

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Astraea

739. Posted:

I think you're talking about weapon classes since there's no job selection in the game. Did you try out all the weapon types in the demo?

Personally I love using the hammer since it's attacks are simple and effective and I love inflicting KO's to monsters.

Capcom-Unity: BAKA

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

740. Posted:

Sonicfan11589 wrote:

When I do get this game in a week, what job class should i have for my character, which one is the most fun?

The easier weapons are usually the weaker ones. It really depends on what weapon you feel most comfortable with and expanding your skills from there.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury