Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - OT

Posts 741 to 760 of 1,519

Sonicfan11589

Yes u are right i have never played a monster hunter game before aside from a demo of a psp version and the one releasing next week. for Wii U.

Sonicfan11589

Sonicfan11589

If anyone else pre-ordered this game from Best Buy, did u get an email being notified it has shipped? I JUST got one. I wonder if I will get early than everyone else?

Sonicfan11589

Gameday

Stay Gaming My Friends ~
(Youtube) https://goo.gl/RZezjr
Nintendo Switch: 2899-5745-8667
Xbox - Gameday J
PSN - Gameday_J
3DS: Gameday
Steam: Gameday_J

3DS Friend Code: 0705-5371-1465 | Nintendo Network ID: Gameday_J | Twitter:

MAB

@Gameday yeah that be how I lay his a$$ down too bro with the lite gunner start off with poison and normal bullets then paralyse and drop the barrel bomb smash the face off and finish with fire rounds.

MAB

cyrex

Hey guys
I am new to monster hunter series and even though the demo was not that great to charm new player to get the game. Nonetheless after reading many reviews about the charm table and other things about the game, i watched a youtube movie where its gameplay from the beginning and ill be honest, the game is growing in me and its a great thing to watch the gameplay of the game and not make a decision about the game while playing the demo.
sorry for being long and boring maybe, but i just wanted to share my thoughts with ppl here.

Edited on by cyrex

add me on wii u ( cyrex78)
Switch : SW-1239-7762-0605

Chrono_Cross

Gameday wrote:

Good job with the bow. I find it to be the harder weapon to use.

Though, my favorite added weapon would be the gunlance. My oh my.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Spoony_Tech

The bow on the 3ds sucks really bad and I'm sure ill never use it! Maybe with the cpp only! If it ever comes out that is.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

cyrex

Sorry for asking too much

Does the hunter have a weight limit for what he can carry or not ?
Can you save at any point during the game or there is a specific thing ?
Can you like level up while playing on line? Or its an online based game ?

I would appreciate some pointers here

Chrono_Cross

cyrex wrote:

No, there's no weight. The only determination of weight is the weapon(s) you're holding. Sword and shield: easier to move. Great sword: slow. The weight is only effective when the weapon is being used, though.

Yes, you can. But if you start a quest and don't complete it (thus saving in the middle of it), you'll lose money.

There's an offline storymode and an online ranking. Nothing changes between the two.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

cyrex

Chrono_Cross wrote:

cyrex wrote:

No, there's no weight. The only determination of weight is the weapon(s) you're holding. Sword and shield: easier to move. Great sword: slow. The weight is only effective when the weapon is being used, though.

Yes, you can. But if you start a quest and don't complete it (thus saving in the middle of it), you'll lose money.

There's an offline storymode and an online ranking. Nothing changes between the two.

Thanks for clearing that up @Chrono_Cross

Spoony_Tech

@cyrex Online ranking has nothing to do with how strong you become or skill. It's just there to keep you from certain quests till you rank up.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

cyrex

Tech101 wrote:

@cyrex Online ranking has nothing to do with how strong you become or skill. It's just there to keep you from certain quests till you rank up.

So its offline story mode where you can build up your skills? Or you can build your skills playing online too ?

Spoony_Tech

You only become stronger through your weapons and armor which you can do off or online.

MERG said:

Tasuki

Tech101 wrote:

You only become stronger through your weapons and armor which you can do off or online.

So in that respect its not like an RPG where you level a character up? Am I right?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Spoony_Tech

Tasuki wrote:

Tech101 wrote:

So in that respect its not like an RPG where you level a character up? Am I right?

Yes. I would never call it an RPG. but it can have the feel of an RPG at times just from the weapon and armor customization.

MERG said:

Spoony_Tech

Also there is no magic but the weapons can poison put to sleep or other various things!

MERG said:

Tasuki

@Tech101: Ah ok I was wondering that myself. Thats kinda cool though I cant wait to give this game a try when it comes out. I have a feeling I wont get much sleep for a few weeks.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Spoony_Tech

Tasuki wrote:

@Tech101: Ah ok I was wondering that myself. Thats kinda cool though I cant wait to give this game a try when it comes out. I have a feeling I wont get much sleep for a few weeks.

I'm East coast and let me tell ya I had to at the time get up at 8 am and there was many a night I didn't go to sleep till after 5. If you start a quest it could take up to 45 mins depending on whom you are with.

MERG said:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.