Wii U Forum

Topic: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

Showing 741 to 760 of 1,506

AuthorMessage

ShadJV

741. Posted:

erv wrote:

The table thing is something I'm aware of and I had the position of not caring in the slightest and just have fun playing. But it is SO incredibly off, I can't for the life of me imagine following through with a character on one of the cursed tables.

There's tools out there that will show the experienced hunter what it's about. I'll be checking what table I am on using the fisherman method - if it confirms I am on a cursed table I'll start over. If it confirms I'm on anything else, I'll be happy and move on. I won't be aiming for anything specific, just avoiding the charm tables that really suck.

I really can't imagine this not being fixed in the future, but it's quite a gamble for a long running hunter.

Can you explain the fisherman method?

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!

AuthorMessage

Sonicfan11589

742. Posted:

Yeah I have a feeling like i did in the demo, i would go with something blunt-related. Like a sword/ 2x Sword weapon class. Is it possible to change ur weapon class or start a new character but still go back to ur old one when u want to?

Sonicfan11589

AuthorMessage

xBASSxMONSTAx

743. Posted:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-03-14-watch-us-play-mo...

^^Live streaming the game today at 5pm

Edited on by xBASSxMONSTAx

xBASSxMONSTAx

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

744. Posted:

Sonicfan11589 wrote:

Yeah I have a feeling like i did in the demo, i would go with something blunt-related. Like a sword/ 2x Sword weapon class. Is it possible to change ur weapon class or start a new character but still go back to ur old one when u want to?

Unless it's exclused (there would be no reason to exclude it), yes, you'll be able to make six different characters and be able to switch weapons via in game with each individual character.

In other words, if your sick of using a bow with character 1, you'll be able to equip a different weapon in real time. Hunters are not assigned to one weapon. lol

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

erv

745. Posted:

ShadJV wrote:

Can you explain the fisherman method?

Sure - fairly early in the game you can unlock fisherman boats, you send them off to haul in some fish at the moga coast location and note their rewards the moment they return. Enter the loot here http://mhvuze.de/3ucharm/fishEN/ for as many times as you may need to see which table you are on.

That way, you can confirm in hindsight whether or not you were cursed in the first place. I'm still not sure whether I'd be bothered to change regardless, but I am quite surprised at the far bigger disadvantage the tables give you over any of the others - hard to believe, really.

Problem is, you need to do certain quests first in order to get your first fisherman available. Wish there was a way of checking it out sooner.

Warrior of Dearth!

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

AuthorMessage

erv

746. Posted:

Sonicfan11589 wrote:

When I do get this game in a week, what job class should i have for my character, which one is the most fun?

I don't think you played a monster hunter game before? You don't choose a class or character or job or legend beforehand. You can pick anything, anywhere, anytime with the one character you have. You may have been using a hammer and fancy picking up a great sword - well you craft the best you can get and go for it.

It really is unbelievably in-depth to see the difference in expertise is purely skill related. One of the charming aspects of monster hunter for sure - the different results are all because of the skill the player possesses in its most subtle, perfectionist form.

Oh and prancing. Prancing is a sign of legendary skill too.

Warrior of Dearth!

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

AuthorMessage

Sonicfan11589

747. Posted:

Yes u are right i have never played a monster hunter game before aside from a demo of a psp version and the one releasing next week. for Wii U.

Sonicfan11589

AuthorMessage

Sonicfan11589

748. Posted:

If anyone else pre-ordered this game from Best Buy, did u get an email being notified it has shipped? I JUST got one. I wonder if I will get early than everyone else?

Sonicfan11589

AuthorMessage

Razalom

749. Posted:

Cheers for that needed a fix :)

NNID : Razalom (Australia)

AuthorMessage

xBASSxMONSTAx

750. Posted:

Razalom wrote:

Cheers for that needed a fix :)

go here if ya missed it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g70IW3BN8yU

xBASSxMONSTAx

AuthorMessage

Gameday

751. Posted:

Stay Gaming My Friend !
[http://www.youtube.com/user/Gameday2011]

Nintendo Network ID: Gameday_J | Twitter: Gameday2011

AuthorMessage

MAB

752. Posted:

@Gameday yeah that be how I lay his a$$ down too bro with the lite gunner ;) start off with poison and normal bullets then paralyse and drop the barrel bomb smash the face off and finish with fire rounds.

MAB

AuthorMessage

cyrex

753. Posted:

Hey guys
I am new to monster hunter series and even though the demo was not that great to charm new player to get the game. Nonetheless after reading many reviews about the charm table and other things about the game, i watched a youtube movie where its gameplay from the beginning and ill be honest, the game is growing in me and its a great thing to watch the gameplay of the game and not make a decision about the game while playing the demo.
sorry for being long and boring maybe, but i just wanted to share my thoughts with ppl here.

Edited on by cyrex

add me on wii u ( cyrex78)
3ds fc 3153-4070-9682

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

754. Posted:

Gameday wrote:

Good job with the bow. I find it to be the harder weapon to use.

Though, my favorite added weapon would be the gunlance. My oh my.

Just for you.

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

755. Posted:

The bow on the 3ds sucks really bad and I'm sure ill never use it! Maybe with the cpp only! If it ever comes out that is.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

cyrex

756. Posted:

Sorry for asking too much

Does the hunter have a weight limit for what he can carry or not ?
Can you save at any point during the game or there is a specific thing ?
Can you like level up while playing on line? Or its an online based game ?

I would appreciate some pointers here

3ds fc 3153-4070-9682

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

757. Posted:

cyrex wrote:

No, there's no weight. The only determination of weight is the weapon(s) you're holding. Sword and shield: easier to move. Great sword: slow. The weight is only effective when the weapon is being used, though.

Yes, you can. But if you start a quest and don't complete it (thus saving in the middle of it), you'll lose money.

There's an offline storymode and an online ranking. Nothing changes between the two.

Just for you.

AuthorMessage

cyrex

758. Posted:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

cyrex wrote:

No, there's no weight. The only determination of weight is the weapon(s) you're holding. Sword and shield: easier to move. Great sword: slow. The weight is only effective when the weapon is being used, though.

Yes, you can. But if you start a quest and don't complete it (thus saving in the middle of it), you'll lose money.

There's an offline storymode and an online ranking. Nothing changes between the two.

Thanks for clearing that up @Chrono_Cross

3ds fc 3153-4070-9682

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

759. Posted:

@cyrex Online ranking has nothing to do with how strong you become or skill. It's just there to keep you from certain quests till you rank up.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

cyrex

760. Posted:

Tech101 wrote:

@cyrex Online ranking has nothing to do with how strong you become or skill. It's just there to keep you from certain quests till you rank up.

So its offline story mode where you can build up your skills? Or you can build your skills playing online too ?

3ds fc 3153-4070-9682