Forums

Topic: Super Mario Maker - OT

Posts 2,981 to 3,000 of 4,835

Chandlero

redneckgamer3826 wrote:

BTW, tried your new version of the "Ghosts in the Machine" (though haven't played the earlier ones) - beat it first try! Haha, but it wasn't too easy at all, kinda surprised myself. Super well-crafted though - it felt like it was never gonna end, but in the best way possible. Starred (your star total is impressive!) and followed. Thanks again!

Thanks for playing and congratulations for beating it first try. That is very impressive. Though I really made the level hard, the level is forgiving and you shouldn't die so much as in other hard levels. However, not dying once shows that you were really concentrated. I guess one is really cautious at the end of the level since the first part was so long
Very good! I will try your other levels, too.

Edited on by Chandlero

PracticePixie

@Freeon-Leon: Couldn't sleep so I played all your courses. Really Bowser's Frosty Fortress is such a neat idea and so colorful...and such a great challenge without relying on cheap tricks and random chance

I really enjoyed them all of course~ But that one was my favorite

Some of my favorites, please try them :D

We Need Your Help, Star Fox! (Easy)
[url=https://www.nintendolife.com/super-mario-maker/levels/3A22-0000-00AA-EB8D]Escape From Cursed Koopa Castle 1.1(Mediu...

Nintendo Network ID: Ghostlily | Twitter:

PracticePixie

@Chandlero: Ghosts In The Machine 1.5 is really a stellar example of clever design Like a good machine, everything is timed perfectly.
The fakeout ending got me good, and your secret area was just awesome to find

Some of my favorites, please try them :D

We Need Your Help, Star Fox! (Easy)
[url=https://www.nintendolife.com/super-mario-maker/levels/3A22-0000-00AA-EB8D]Escape From Cursed Koopa Castle 1.1(Mediu...

Nintendo Network ID: Ghostlily | Twitter:

DekuOnion

I'm not sure if it's just me, but this past week I saw a pretty sharp drop-off in stars. This is most likely just being unlucky, but it makes me wonder about when it will be rare to get random plays. More and more courses are being thrown into the game. This means your courses continue to have lower and lower odds of being randomly played. Add this to the eventuality that the player-base shrinks for whatever reason and getting a random play could end up being a rare thing. Long term Super Mario Maker will live on forums and ID sharing, but I wonder when the drop-off of random plays will begin.

Currently Playing: SMITE, ROTTR, Halo 5: Guardians (XB1), Xenoblade Chronicles X (WiiU), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney 2 (3DS)

jamesRainbowBoy

Hi all!!! I finally bit the bullet and took some of my older levels offline to make way for newer ones (and a few I've revisited). Hope you take the time to play them, and if you like them please star!!! All comments gratefully received as always ). If you do like, more are on my profile.

Entirely new:

Choose Your Fate
77C9-0000-00A7-8830

Star Of Last (Beach) Resort
FD0F-0000-00A7-87E8

Spooky Spectre House
114C-0000-00A7-87B0

Leaps Of ?Faith
3ADB-0000-00A7-8787

Goomba Bros. Village
94D9-0000-00A7-8751

Mushroom Spike Top Ravine
1D6C-0000-00A7-8728

Molehill Mountain
5830-0000-00A7-86D9

Mum's Valley 3
96B0-0000-00A7-8686

Mum's Valley 4
A7D9-0000-00A7-86AA

Heavily revised:

Buzzy Beetle Shell Shocker
FA57-0000-00A7-8947

Thwomp's Crashing Castle
9384-0000-00A7-88FA

No Better Time To Learn
AA52-0000-00A7-88B9

Reuploaded:

A Way Through The Coins
B346-0000-00A7-886C

jamesRainbowBoy

Darkcast

My newest stage. This one has two different paths that can be taken to the end.

Darkcast

sjmartin

@Harvan: Thank you for the explanation! Makes so much more sense, and I know exactly the levels you mean. Much appreciated!

Mario Maker 2 ID: WKV-KWN-KMF
Luigi’s Twisting Ghost House - QHF-4Q9-3SF
MarioKart Fun-Time Drive - 5MY-7TR-HRG
Toadette’s Speedrun Sprint - 6W1-F24-6FF
Bowser’s Boss Fight Bonanza - 5S2-8WF-5KF
Captain Toad's Adventure - V6G-R6L-8RF
NNID: SJMartin

Twitter:

sjmartin

@Kinan: Thank you for featuring my level! Much appreciated!
I've really enjoyed your Super Mario Maker videos, so I do hope you continue them.

Mario Maker 2 ID: WKV-KWN-KMF
Luigi’s Twisting Ghost House - QHF-4Q9-3SF
MarioKart Fun-Time Drive - 5MY-7TR-HRG
Toadette’s Speedrun Sprint - 6W1-F24-6FF
Bowser’s Boss Fight Bonanza - 5S2-8WF-5KF
Captain Toad's Adventure - V6G-R6L-8RF
NNID: SJMartin

Twitter:

OneBagTravel

Dreary overcast day today and all I wanna be doing is making more levels. Currently at 20/30 levels and 180 stars so I have some room to grow. 300 stars seems so far away

Edited on by OneBagTravel

I love traveling light through Europe and run a blog about it at OneBagTravel.com
Hardware: Wii U, New 3DS, Super Famicom & Super GameBoy, Game Boy Pocket

3DS Friend Code: 4399-0976-8690 | Nintendo Network ID: OneBagTravel | Twitter:

LinkSword

Putting this in here as well, since there seems to be more activity than in the other thread.

Chances are I won't make another course this difficult in a long time, since just getting it published was hell. But I hope you guys will find an enjoyable, different-from-the-norm challenge in it.

LinkSword

Freeon-Leon

@Kinan: Thank you for playing my level! It was cool to watch someone go through one of my creations, and your comments make it better.

The feather at the end of the first part was put there in order to make the level easier and somewhat accesible, but people have died a LOT anyway. The lack of piranha plants is because the timing in SMM is really tricky and I didn't want them to kill the players in cheap ways, and because the real challenge was platforming and keeping momentum.

Again, thank you very much! If you ever need another good level just check my profile

Edited on by Freeon-Leon

Check out my super awesome Super Mario Maker levels.

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9585-5314 | Nintendo Network ID: JahirBGoode

morrison22

I have created 11 levels so far. They are in order from newest to oldest. Love to get some reviews on them. Pick one and scratch your head.

’Perplexing Puzzle Trials’

Prepare for a perplexing puzzle experience. Navigate room to room and solve individual puzzles. Keep an eye open for a secret path.

Difficulty: Expert
Level ID: 4902-0000-00F8-CB77

'Intricate Adventure'

Welcome to Intricate Adventure. Precision platforming & mind-boggling puzzles await you. Team up with Mario & Yoshi to take on a challenging adventure through dangerous lands and puzzling undergrounds in this expansive level. Discover helpful items & secrets along the way. Keep an eye open for a special reference. Good luck!

Level ID: 7113-0000-00EA-4DF1

’Underground Scavenger Hunt IV’

What has Mario gotten himself into? Explore a dark and dangerous area and discover key items that
will help you escape the depths of the underground. It's not a walk in the park though, as you will face several challenges. This precision-platforming puzzler is sure to make your mind spin!

Level ID: 963D-0000-00D2-5AAC

'Underground Scavenger Hunt III’

Welcome to Mario's most difficult challenge yet! Explore a unique underground map and discover the whereabouts of precious items that will allow you to overcome obstacles. It will take a sharp mind and dextrous fingers to locate the exit in this puzzle-precision platforming level. Good luck!

ID: A121-0000-00C3-6436

'Underground Scavenger Hunt II’

Mario is at it again! This time he is after Bowser Jr. who is lurking within the depths of the Underground. Explore an intricate puzzle and platforming level while discovering rewarding secrets. Included is a unique Checkpoint System to alleviate repetition once you reach a designated point. Good luck!

ID: F761-0000-00B3-D1E3

'Keep Your Enemies Closer'

A true test of patience lies ahead in this level populated with brain teasing puzzles. You have no one to help you along the way... or do you? Test your judgement skills and prepare to scratch your head in this intense 'Just one more time' level. Good luck!

ID: 010B-0000-00A0-DFFE

'Underground Scavenger Hunt'

Take Mario along on an extreme scavenger hunt in this puzzle-ridden, multi-exit level. It's a race against the clock with various puzzles that are bound to stump you along the way. Do you have what it takes to face the challenges that lie ahead? Try to find all three exits for maximum replay value!

ID: 1B00-0000-0069-DCDC

'Flower Powered Ghost House Maze'

Within this Ghost House you will find plenty of pipes, doors and paths to take. Work your way through puzzles and overcome obstacles while trying to beat the clock to reach the goal on time. Have time to spare? ... Check out the secret bonus area before clearing the level!

ID: 04F8-0000-0049-5CC6

'Ultimate P-Switch Puzzler'

Guide Mario to the goal in this creative and extensive puzzler by using the power of the P-Switch. There are several unique areas to discover and a substantial amount of puzzles to solve. Be sure to wear your thinking cap!

ID: BFC0-0000-0039-3B89

'Turtle Power Puzzle'

Stomp, kick and jump your way to the goal in this unique puzzle level. There are various areas for you to explore. Can you overcome the power of the turtle?

Difficulty: Normal/Expert
ID: 5347-0000-0030-BB62

'Pro Level: Fire Stinger'

This level was designed with precision platforming in mind. Make your way to the goal by avoiding traps and defeating enemies that stand in your way. Please note: Your patience will be tested and it's not for the weak. However, if you stay focused, you will succeed.

ID: A6E4-0000-0019-5564

-morrison22
http://www.mariomakerhub.com/makers/morrison22

Edited on by morrison22

Mario Maker Hub | http://www.mariomakerhub.com/makers/morrison22

Nintendo Network ID: morrison22

AlexSora89

Found this topic, wanted to chime in.
I've been shamelessly self-promoting my stages as of late.
Anyway, here's my page - https://www.nintendolife.com/super-mario-maker/users/AlexSora89 - so you can choose any stage among the ones I made. My personal picks are as posted in the "We want your levels" article:

3AEE-0000-0048-6590 - Dinner Table Of The Giants. The title says it all - pipes now are a stand in for bottle necks. (NSMBU style)
1E94-0000-0044-39AC - Fast-thinking 10-second Marathon. Ten seconds, conveyor belts, all the good stuff. (NSMBU style)
A6CA-0000-0046-9DBF - The Cursed Flagpole! Yeah, the flagpole is right there. But leaping towards it won't suffice... (NSMBU style)
A2B4-0000-0048-8D95 - King Midas' Cave. The coins are up for grabs, but you'll need to be rather choosy if you want to make it out of this level alive! (NSMBU style)
A050-0000-004A-5350 - Scratchcard Wall Feat. 3 Bowsers. Find the right spot to "scratch" and wait for the Bowsers to do their thing until the goal is revealed! (SMB3 style)

Feel free to browse the remaining five stages in the profile I linked in this post, and of course, feel free to tell me if any of these got you to throw your controller against the wall (any feedback is good feedback to me).

I don't quite have lots o' loot, because I'm from the Boot.

https://www.nintendolife.com/super-mario-maker/users/AlexSora89
(Currently seeking Stars.)

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6287-1558 | Nintendo Network ID: AlexSora89

spizzamarozzi

@AlexSora89: ciao Alex mi fa piacere vedere un altro italiano attivo qui - più tardi provo i tuoi livelli!

I've tried and gave a well deserved star to a bunch of level tonight - you know who you are. @DanoLefourbe 's quick challenge stages stood out because they were super fun, the difficulty was basically perfect and they were beautiful to look at. More "one minute challenges" please!! I would pay money to play some of those!!

Shameless plug - my new level is doing "alright" but I need 7 more stars to move on. It's a good level with decent ideas and I'm sure you're going to enjoy it if you're in for a challenge. Only 5 people out of 20 completed it, but it's not really hard if you know what you are doing. You don't have to give it a star but a try is highly appreciated. Cheers.

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.