Forums

Topic: Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games - OT

Posts 81 to 100 of 106

Socar

@Mister_Wu: Here are the metacritic scores so far....

http://www.metacritic.com/game/3ds/mario-sonic-at-the-rio-201...

From what reviews I've read, the game is a mix bag. So I honestly think that this game will definitely get either a 5 or 6 from Nintendolife.

Honestly, the fact that even the likes of gamespot and IGN have ignored this for weeks now just proves the point that no one really cares about SEGA anymore....which is depressing honestly but hey, they lost their fame and they deserve it for not meeting demands.

Edited on by Socar

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Mister_Wu

Socar wrote:

@Mister_Wu: Here are the metacritic scores so far....

http://www.metacritic.com/game/3ds/mario-sonic-at-the-rio-201...

From what reviews I've read, the game is a mix bag. So I honestly think that this game will definitely get either a 5 or 6 from Nintendolife.

Honestly, the fact that even the likes of gamespot and IGN have ignored this for weeks now just proves the point that no one really cares about SEGA anymore....which is depressing honestly but hey, they lost their fame and they deserve it for not meeting demands.

I don't know, the 3DS version of Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games got a 6 here, and this version appears to improve over the previous in many aspects:
-the events are more like minigames with more interactivity instead of the "microgames" of the previous version, and there are Plus version of the events as well
-if someone likes those microgames, 30 of them are still playable in the Road to Rio mode
-the Road to Rio mode now has many RPG elements, including training points, leveling up, stats, currencies, hidden items to find and even optional hidden subplots that unlock a different ending; the areas can be freely explored
-7 characters per events, and the roster is pretty much doubled; some characters even become playable for the first time (including Pom Pom!)

Some critical points are still here:
-no online matches
-characters restrictions
-it must be demonstrated whether the added depth of the minigames is enough to give a better experience than that of the previous game

Honestly, I think that if the Wii U version has a focus on giving the player more control, an RPG-like mode similar to Road to Rio, online matches, no charactrers restrictions and a roster that is as big as that of the 3DS version, it might be interesting.

Edited on by Mister_Wu

Mister_Wu

Socar

Ok, where the hell is the 3DS review? Its already been more than a month now.

Mister_Wu

Socar wrote:

Ok, where the hell is the 3DS review? Its already been more than a month now.

Nintendo Life is based in the UK, so I wouldn't be surprised to see the review of the European version next week. It's the lack of reviews from Northern American reviewers that is really strange...

Mister_Wu

Socar

@Mister_Wu: Odd seeing as how they reviewed Fire Emblem Fates that quickly when its two months away from EU release.

I get that but the majority of the versions they review it from are in the USA versions and rarely I see them review a PAL version.

So if that really is the case, how exactly do they get review copies from USA versions?

Blue_Blur

Wow! Looks amazing! Big improvement from the previous Olympic games! A bit disappointing about the character restriction still, but at least it doesn't look as restricted as the 3DS version. Can't wait!

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

Grumblevolcano

Of course there would be amiibo exclusive content...

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Mister_Wu

Let's see, already more than 30 characters have been revealed (the Miis are the newly revealed characters here), the screenshots also reveal the Triple Jump, Long Jump and Javelin Throw, so we should also know all the 14 + 3 events. I'm worried about character restrictions, the lack of the announcement of a Story Mode and of online gaming, to be honest.

Edited on by Mister_Wu

Mister_Wu

Blue_Blur

Wow, go Bowser! I'm hoping Shadow gets to do that too! XD

veeflames

@NintyFan: Sorry, but I cringed so hard when I saw Bowser doing that. XD

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Blue_Blur

Luigi is going to be a fierce opponent with his Death Stare! XD (at :26 in the video)

Edited on by Blue_Blur

Mister_Wu

Ok, the Japanese site is here:

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/abjj/index.html

It confirms the 14 events (three of which with a duel version), each with only one newcomer (called guest) plus all the 21 characters from the previous versions (10 Team Mario, 10 Team Sonic, Miis). Some other details can be seen in the already covered introductory video:

There is also footage of all events.The only gripe I have is that Roy Koopa serves better:

Wii U version, without Roy:

Roy in the 3DS version:

He's even synchronized with the background music!

EDIT: in the English version they brought back the original football theme or, simply, they were using a different theme for the video (you can change the theme that will play in each event in the main menu)

Edited on by Mister_Wu

Mister_Wu

saaduiri

Thirty-five characters will be playable. Character outfits that can be utilized by Miis will return as well. The twenty-one characters that have been playable since the second diversion are playable in Rio Olympic 2016 Live. All newcomers (known as visitors) are just playable in one occasion each. Not at all like the other home console variants of Mario and Sonic recreations, there are no character sorts. Be that as it may, every character still has their own particular details for every occasion.

Edited on by saaduiri

saaduiri

jariw

Anyone knows when the western review embargo lifts?

jariw

Mister_Wu

At least on the launch day, so this Friday. Review copies have been sent, and the video embargo has already been lifted, as there's plenty of videos and even a playthrough being published on Youtube.

Mister_Wu

Grumblevolcano

I've been having a lot of fun with this game so far. Glad that the Wii remote isn't forced like all the other Mario and Sonic games (you can play everything with the Gamepad). My favourite sport on it so far is either Equestrian or Rhythmic Gymnastics (the latter has one of my favourite Sonic themes too).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Blue_Blur

Finally got the game, and I'm finding it really fun! I love how the beach is the main menu, and seeing all the characters is really cool. I haven't tried all of the events yet, but as of now my favorite ones are definitely Rugby and the Rhythmic Gymnastics. It's nice being able to be all the characters (besides guests) in each event, unlike the 3DS version. Also, I think the graphics are really good, especially the water! I'll be enjoying this game for quite some time!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.