Forums

Topic: Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games - OT

Posts 61 to 80 of 106

NintendoFan64

@Socar 1. I never said @Bolt_Strike's attitude was okay (I don't even think he understands what the word generic means, and he bashes on games that he's never even played.).
2. The reason there are people getting interested in the game is because...well...it's something they're interested in! People are allowed to be interested in something! Does it end up in disappointment a couple of times? Oh yeah! But y'know what? If people are excited for a game, WHO. THE HELL. CARES!? There is definitely no need for some annoying Sega-hating Nintendo fanboy going around saying "You can't be excited for this! You deserve better! It's gonna suck! Sega is the devil! If you continue to show interest, I'm going to cram what I think down your throats! BLAH BLAH BLAH!"

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Socar

@Yellowkoopa: I admit that this year isn't strong for Nintendo....but at the same time, its nowhere as bad as how SEGA did this year. SEGA barely made any games for this year unlike Nintendo. They didn't show up at E3 unlike Nintendo and they of all cut down 200 jobs just to change their headquarters location.....unlike Nintendo. Sure Nintendo had its fair share of job cuts but atleast NCL in Japan, they maintain their employees.

Quality of games that Nintendo has made for this year for retail games....let's see.

• Codename:STEAM
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X
  • Super Mario Maker
  • Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
  • Splatoon
  • Mario Tennis:Ultra Smash
  • Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam
  • Tri Force Heroes
  • Kirby and the Rainbow curse
  • Devil's third
  • Animal Crossing:amiibo festival
  • Mario Party 10
  • Yoshi's wolly world
  • Fatal Frame
  • Puzzles & Dragons
  • Animal Crossing : Happy Home Designer
  • Chibi Robo-Zip Lash
  • Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon

These are the games that came out this year and out of which 11 games are considered average so even if Nintendo released only the big great games this year, it'd still be considered that Nintendo didn't really release much games for this year.

Despite that, compared to SEGA, the games they made for this year are some of the best ever. If not, atleast finished games with no strings attached.

@NintendoFan64: The problem with this logic is that your encouraging SEGA to make crappy games instead of quality games. Did anyone....and I repeat, did anyone ever asked for Sonic Boom: Fire and Ice? HELL NO!

You are motivating these companies to deliver unfinished games that is pretty much telling a lot of Nintendo fans to rather stick to Nintendo. As someone like you who adores third parties, you think this is the way to encourage them?

But fine, be that way. All hail SEGA forever making crappy games for the rest of their lives from this day forth.

Edited on by Socar

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

jump

Socar wrote:

All hail SEGA.

I'm tempted to make this my signature.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

NintendoFan64

@Socar How was I encouraging Sega to keep making bad games!? I was just trying to get the point across to you that you should respect other people's opinions, and that they're allowed to be interested in a game that you're not. Besides, who knows! Maybe both this and Fire & Ice will actually be good!
@arronishere So...very...TEMPTING!

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

veeflames

Socar wrote:

@NintendoFan64: Oh so its ok for someone like @Bolt_strike to call Nintendo games generic yet for a game like this which is likely not going to deliver quality, that's not ok for me to say that it won't deliver quality?

First off, if you even bothered to take notice, we try to argue against Bolt and his "all things are generic" ideology and whatnot. We've argued and argued, but to no avail; just as some users argue with you about YouTube, Nintendo and Sega. So don't even use this argument against us.

What makes you so confident that the game will do well? For crying out loud, you don't play games based on Olympics here. You play a bunch of short minigames that are barely the real Olympics. The replay value that I played from the two games which are Winter games and London games are so vague and dull. Most of the minigames in London are tedious as hell. Spinning the circle pad fast to move your boat faster? Using a Gyro function to swing the ball? Really? You honestly think SEGA can do something sensible at this point?

The only game that gets repetitive IMO is the Wii U game. The other games (note: in a sports and party genre) introduced cool tricks and twists to switch up the Olympics formula (shouting at the 3DS for weightlifting was very weird, I'll give you that), and guess what, lots of people like them. Now let's see some of your questions:

• "Spinning the circle pad fast to move your boat faster?" Seriously? What other way do you represent the circular movements of the paddle? Tapping A? Get real. Isn't it logical that moving the paddle faster makes your boat move faster? Reasoning.
  • "Using a Gyro function to swing the ball?" Very vague question, considering there are lots of sports in the 3DS version that require you to "swing a ball." I'm guessing you mean the Shotput game. Again, this is pretty self-explanatory and, thus, justified.

Let's look at the reviews here that Nintendolife gave for the entire series as of now....

• The first game: Wii- 8/10 DS-7/10
  • The second game: Wii-9/10 DS-8/10
  • The third game: Wii-5/10 3DS-6/10
  • The fourth game: Wii U-6/10

That's three games in a row that it received average score. I get that you shouldn't judge a game by its review but seriously, does that mean that you'll buy Sonic Boom knowing that its critically panned everywhere?

That's the freakin' thing. We didn't buy that game (some did, but either way) because that was probably Sega's lowest in years. That doesn't mean that we should stop buying Sega games because of one game. You need to get out of this "Sega does bad games all the time" mentality. It's so annoying. BTW, it's not your business where people wish to give their money to. If we want to buy this game even in the midst of poor reviews, so be it. There's nothing you can do after that.

You deserve better. You guys should wait for the reviews and impressions that are given for the game before getting your hopes up. Famitsu gave Lost World great scores and yet when I got the 3DS version, I felt disappointed overall. You guys claimed that Rodea the Sky Soldier isn't that great so why get hyped for this one knowing that its not something worth getting hyped for?

Pretty sure you couldn't remove the Sega-sucks glasses you were wearing the whole time you played the game.

Edited on by veeflames

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

dumedum

@Socar even if the game sux (and it might not, like you indicated 2008 balance board game got 9/10!), it is legitimate for people to be hyped about it. Different niches, different tastes all that. You got a user who is excited for barbie games. You got all sorts of tastes.

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

veeflames

@Socar Oh, and by the way, I don't see any hype for the game. All I see is sparked interest and such.
So leave us alone and let us follow this game that somehow you surely know will be low quality.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Blue_Blur

Awesome! Can't wait! The 3DS version comes out on March 18th. March 18th is going to be a great day for me... I get Mario & Sonic and a Roy amiibo!

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

Rexcalibr

I am curious about getting this game now that I see the Koopalings are on the roster. I wonder if it will be good.

Rexcalibr

Mister_Wu

Rexcalibr wrote:

I am curious about getting this game now that I see the Koopalings are on the roster. I wonder if it will be good.

Well, you'll be happy to know that they talk also in this game...

...Larry again gets dizzy after spinning too much...

...and Nabbit talks too!

I am happy to see that Nintendo finally develops the personality of the recurring characters, including Nabbit and the Koopalings! Apparently Paper Jam wasn't an isolated case!

Edited on by Mister_Wu

Mister_Wu

Rexcalibr

Those winning scenes are super cute for the Koopalings. It's a shame only 5 of them are in the game. While I could love to get the game, I was disappointed with Mario Party 10 and Mario Tennis Ultra Smash so I'm weary on if I really want this.

Rexcalibr

Eel

So... Green Bird, Pink Bird and Dry Robotnik (that's his name now!) join the roster instead of the rest of the koopalings or the deadly six.

Yes, that makes sense.

It's interesting to see Sticks making the jump from the Boom universe to the "main" Sonic universe, though.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Mister_Wu

Morpheel wrote:

So... Green Bird, Pink Bird and Dry Robotnik (that's his name now!) join the roster instead of the rest of the koopalings or the deadly six.

Yes, that makes sense.

Well, to be honest, Eggman Nega and Jet the Hawk were already in the London 2012 3DS game, it made sense to add another member of the Babylon Rogues (Wave the Swallow), I expected also Storm the Albatross at this point.
If we consider the important groups of characters, four of them are incomplete: the Chaotix Detective Agency (Charmy Bee is not playable), the Koopalings (Lemmy, Morton and Iggy are missing), the Babylon Rogues (Storm is missing) and the Deadly Six (Zeena, Zomom, Zor and Master Zik are missing). Maybe we will see the full groups in the Wii U version.

@Rexcalibr Well, if you found the 1st place victory animations of the Koopalings cute (nice that you included Bowser Jr. among them!), then these will bring cutenesss to the next level:

An interesting detail: Larry's 1st place animation actually starts by imitating Ludwig's 2nd/3rd place animation, but then Larry gets dizzy. This is very similar to what happened in the battle against Larry and Ludwig in Paper Jam, where Larry followed Ludwig's moves but then he got dizzy after spinning too much in his shell. I find it nice that these details about the Koopalings are returning also in a game of a radically different genre.

Edited on by Mister_Wu

Mister_Wu

Mister_Wu

Ok, it is pretty much confirmed that no character restrictions are in the Wii U version: here Tails is in the Soccer event, the Equestrian event and you can even see in the Direct that he participates in the Rhytmic Clubs event.

Also Toad and Boom Boom are among the playable characters of Team Mario.

And Wendy is in the spotlight. Zazz too.

Edited on by Mister_Wu

Mister_Wu

Blue_Blur

I agree with Mister_Wu on the fact that the Wii U version won't have character restrictions. To add to his reasons, I remember reading somewhere that Rouge was only supposed to be playable in Golf, and I've seen footage of her playing Volleyball; so it's very likely that there will be no character restrictions in the Wii U version.

Got the 3DS version today, and I'm really enjoying it! A little disappointing that the characters are limited to a few events each, but the events themselves are really fun! Some of the events are the same from London 3DS, which I expected, but some of the controls for the events improved a lot. The story mode is a creative idea, and being able to interact with all the characters makes it more entertaining. I'm not that far into it yet, but as of now, I think it's not as good as the Vancouver games story mode, but it's for sure better than the London one. I'm not a big fan of having to use my Mii, but I understand why based on the story, and dressing up your Mii in different outfits makes it a bit more enjoyable. I'm satisfied with my purchase; can't wait until June for the Wii U version!

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

Mister_Wu

Ok, since many important sites (including Nintendo Life!) still haven't reviewed the 3DS version of the game, I'd guess that SEGA did not send to them review copies in time...

Mister_Wu

jariw

Mister_Wu wrote:

Ok, since many important sites (including Nintendo Life!) still haven't reviewed the 3DS version of the game, I'd guess that SEGA did not send to them review copies in time...

Or they wait for the European embargo? Europe releases the 3DS version in April.

jariw

Mister_Wu

jariw wrote:

Mister_Wu wrote:

Or they wait for the European embargo? Europe releases the 3DS version in April.

I hope so. We'll see in a week, in that case.

Mister_Wu

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.