Forums

Topic: Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games - OT

Posts 1 to 20 of 106

Deleted

A Japanese Nintendo Direct confirmed the inevitable next installment in the Mario & Sonic series: Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games. It's coming to both Wii U and 3DS.
Untitled

Does anyone have any interest in this game? I would as long as it keeps me longer than Sochi 2014 did. It also needs to be better than London 2012, but I actually somewhat enjoyed that game, so I'll be cautiously optimistic that this will be better.

Edited on by Octane

Deleted

Zerodactyl

I'm gonna try it out to see what it's like.

SUBSCRIBE to my GAMING YOUTUBE CHANNEL: www.youtube.com/channel/UCqGc24cyhnXLO3EZ3yPXEzQ

My Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Funny Moments Montage: https://youtube.com/watch?v=8jCaVRifWcQ

3DS Friend Code: 1161-0648-3584 | Nintendo Network ID: Zerodactyl | Twitter:

Peach64

I'm interested in this. I got the original olympics and the first winter one, but it's probably been long enough to to make it worth picking up a new one.

Peach64

CaviarMeths

Should I check out 2014 Sochi? I heard it's not much of a difference from the last Winter Games game, but I haven't played any of the M&S games, so it would be fresh for me. I like Mario sports games in general.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Haru17

CaviarMeths wrote:

Should I check out 2014 Sochi? I heard it's not much of a difference from the last Winter Games game, but I haven't played any of the M&S games, so it would be fresh for me. I like Mario sports games in general.

I've never played them, but the last games have gotten such bad reviews and this new game looks just sluggish, with some QTEs even. I would approach them with youtube research and caution. What made the other Mario sports games special is that they focused and fleshed out one sport apiece. This kinda looks like a Wii minigame collection to me.

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

CaviarMeths

Haru17 wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

I've never played them, but the last games have gotten such bad reviews and this new game looks just sluggish, with some QTEs even. I would approach them with youtube research and caution. What made the other Mario sports games special is that they focused and fleshed out one sport apiece. This kinda looks like a Wii minigame collection to me.

Ehhh sounds like I should pass then.

Damn, I really want some fully fledged Mario sports games on the U. I wonder why Nintendo has favored Mario & Sonic Olympic games lately. Maybe it's the easy marketing.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Jazzer94

Never really felt the urge to buy another Mario and Sonic Olympics game after the first, it was fun but the series just feels shallow to me.

Edit: Pretty sure football was in the 2012 version.

Edited on by Jazzer94

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

iKhan

Yay?

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

veeflames

I'm quite excited, really. I liked Sochi, but that game was too short and repetitive. I've never played any home console M&S OLYMPICS, so this would be fresh for me. Let's just hope it's not as hollow as the handheld version of the London 2012 Olympics...

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

NintendoFan64

Let's see here...the new characters are the following:
Mario:
-Diddy Kong
-Nabbit
Sonic:
-Rouge
-Jet
-Zazz
Anyways, I don't think I'll be getting this one.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

octoman2611

Well, I'm glad they announced this now and didn't waste any of that precious hour long E3 presentation announcing it.

octoman2611

NintendoFan64

NintyMan wrote:

@NintendoFan64: Still no Rosalina? Oh well, maybe she's a secret unlockable? I don't know if that list is final at all.

Actually, I was just going by who I saw in the trailer. I wouldn't rule her out now. We have three new Sonic characters, so I'm guessing there'll be three new Mario characters. Rosalina could be the third one.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

bro2dragons

Glad to see it's not the Boom Sonic.

I haven't played any of these games as the reviews have been unimpressive, but I'd love to have a reason to buy one so I'll continue keeping my eye on the series.

“I am a brother to dragons and a companion to owls." Job:30:29

Nintendo Network ID: bro2dragons

PokeMario

I played a demo for the London version on the 3DS and borrowed a friend's copy of the original for the DS. I did not enjoy either of them. I think these games belong on home consoles.
I find it interesting that this game is on the 3DS again after Sochi was only on the Wii U. Perhaps the game was rushed for the holiday season so they could only put it on the Wii U (and after playing the game, it wouldn't surprise me if that game was rushed). Maybe this means that more time has been put into this game, which I guess is a good thing.

PokeMario

veeflames

octoman2611 wrote:

Well, I'm glad they announced this now and didn't waste any of that precious hour long E3 presentation announcing it.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but TBH, there's nothing stopping them from revealing the ENGLISH version of the game.... but yeah, I hope the Digital Event is loads more.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

At_Lazuli

did anyone else like the storymode in winter 2010

The NX is going to be delayed to Holiday 2017 you heard it here first, also It should be pretty obvious what my favorite game of all time is cough Skyward Sword cough

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4150-0138 | Nintendo Network ID: CosmicLuigi83 | Twitter:

Nintendo6400

CosmicYoshi65 wrote:

did anyone else like the storymode in winter 2010

I did. It was pretty interesting seeing Mario and sonic have a story together.

I'm probably going to pass on this new one though. It's almost the same each game as the others with little focus on dream events. Now if they have one with dream events only I'll check it out.

I wish they would do a real Mario and sonic crossover though. I still dream about the idea of crossing over sm64 with sa2. Yoshi plus choa garden equals harmany.

Edited on by Nintendo6400

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Deanosaurrrrrr

The best thing that came out of "Sochi" was the remixed music
That's probably all I'll be looking out for

Deanosaurrrrrr

Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.