Forums

Topic: Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games - OT

Posts 41 to 60 of 106

KB90

Yellowkoopa wrote:

KB90 wrote:

I will be buying this
Why do people passionately care what characters are used in these games?

Because the obvious choices for Sonic and Mario characters are missing and the previous game on Wii U was so lazy they didn't even add any new characters.

But why care what characters are used? I don't get it.

KB90

-Green-

NintyMan wrote:

E3 trailer:

All, them dislikes though. :/

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Kuksenkov

Jet is playable!!! Nuff' said.

Avid collector of Japanese music/films/videogames physical releases.

www.shadycandyshop.blogspot.com

Twitter:

Mister_Wu

Ok, a new trailer for this game came out and...
we have Dry Bones and Metal sonic on bycicle, Bowser Jr. on horse and... his siblings!!!

P.S.: there is also Wave the Swallow on bycicle, it was very difficult to see!

Edited on by Mister_Wu

Mister_Wu

Mister_Wu

I updated my post with the link to the Japanese page. The 3DS version only has Ludwig playing table tennis, Larry doing equestrian races, Wendy swimming (100m freestyle) and Roy playing volleyball.

Edited on by Mister_Wu

Mister_Wu

Blue_Blur

Wow! So many new characters! I love the Mario & Sonic Olympic series, and this game looks like the best one yet! I'm super excited; already a day one purchase for me! Jet and Wave are awesome additions... I wonder if Storm is going to be playable though... the Babylon Rogues should compete with Storm! And I'm glad Larry is confirmed, he's my favorite Koopaling!

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

bluemage1989

I love the series and I am particularly excited for this one the WiiU is definitely the console of choice for solo play party gamers like myself

bluemage1989

Mister_Wu

Actually, even though the site is for the game as a whole, all the material is related to the 3DS version of the game, there's no news on the Wii U front. In the bottom part, it is only written "available on Nintendo 3DS". It really seems that it has been... NXized
EDIT: well, SEGA still mentions it, even though they refuse to say anything about it: https://sega.jp/topics/151209_arcade_1/

Edited on by Mister_Wu

Mister_Wu

At_Lazuli

I must say after looking at the new trailer I am fairky interested mostly because from what I can tell the story mode from winter 2010 is coming back and I loved that

The NX is going to be delayed to Holiday 2017 you heard it here first, also It should be pretty obvious what my favorite game of all time is cough Skyward Sword cough

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4150-0138 | Nintendo Network ID: CosmicLuigi83 | Twitter:

dumedum

Nintendriat wrote:

I must say after looking at the new trailer I am fairky interested mostly because from what I can tell the story mode from winter 2010 is coming back and I loved that

2010 still wins because of the Balance Board

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

SuperWiiU

dumedum wrote:

Nintendriat wrote:

Does it work for the entire game? I need another balance board game and it is the season for the game.

dumedum

SuperWiiU wrote:

dumedum wrote:

Nintendriat wrote:

No, not for every activity.
Does it work for the entire game? I need another balance board game and it is the season for the game.

For single player and I think for about half of the events. Used quite extensively but not where it doesn't make sense.

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

Blue_Blur

I wonder if Charmy Bee and Big the Cat are going to be Officials if they're not competing? Omochao will still probably be an Official; Charmy has been an Official in the past games, and Big... well, he's been in the background, so maybe they'll make him do something a little more useful? Big could take Espio's spot as an Official, since Espio is now competing (Super happy about that, I LOVE Espio!) I think Shy Guy and Lakitu will still be the Officials for Team Mario.

Hate to say this, but it's looks like Storm and the other Koopalings will probably not be playable... I guess there is still time for them to be included... maybe they'll be in the story mode or something.

Glad to see that the 3DS version will most likely have a story mode like the 2010 Winter Games for the DS. The 3DS London story mode was okay, but it wasn't really a story mode; it was more cutscenes than actually playing and exploring with the different characters.

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

Socar

.......why is there hype for this game? I hate to be a downer but you guys shouldn't get hyped for these kind of games. I mean, this is SEGA we're talking about here. They barely make quality games. That London games that I got is an absolute bore to play....its just says mediocrity.

I understand your sense of enthusiasm here but think for a second, for all we know, this game might not be worth it because its under SEGA here....since when have they worked hard to deliver quality? And besides, the series is not even having actual sports. Some of them aren't even part of the Olympics so why encourage them to do this?

Edited on by Socar

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

veeflames

Socar wrote:

.......why is there hype for this game? I hate to be a downer but you guys shouldn't get hyped for these kind of games. I mean, this is SEGA we're talking about here. They barely make quality games. That London games that I got is an absolute bore to play....its just says mediocrity.

I understand your sense of enthusiasm here but think for a second, for all we know, this game might not be worth it because its under SEGA here....since when have they worked hard to deliver quality? And besides, the series is not even having actual sports. Some of them aren't even part of the Olympics so why encourage them to do this?

Ugh. Please leave.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

NintendoFan64

Vee_Flames wrote:

Socar wrote:

Ugh. Please leave.

Seriously, @Socar. This whole "Sega=the Devil" thing you've got going on here is getting pretty annoying. Besides, people are allowed to want a game, despite your feelings towards Sega.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Socar

@NintendoFan64: Oh so its ok for someone like @Bolt_strike to call Nintendo games generic yet for a game like this which is likely not going to deliver quality, that's not ok for me to say that it won't deliver quality?

What makes you so confident that the game will do well? For crying out loud, you don't play games based on Olympics here. You play a bunch of short minigames that are barely the real Olympics. The replay value that I played from the two games which are Winter games and London games are so vague and dull. Most of the minigames in London are tedious as hell. Spinning the circle pad fast to move your boat faster? Using a Gyro function to swing the ball? Really? You honestly think SEGA can do something sensible at this point?

Let's look at the reviews here that Nintendolife gave for the entire series as of now....

• The first game: Wii- 8/10 DS-7/10
  • The second game: Wii-9/10 DS-8/10
  • The third game: Wii-5/10 3DS-6/10
  • The fourth game: Wii U-6/10

That's three games in a row that it received average score. I get that you shouldn't judge a game by its review but seriously, does that mean that you'll buy Sonic Boom knowing that its critically panned everywhere?

You deserve better. You guys should wait for the reviews and impressions that are given for the game before getting your hopes up. Famitsu gave Lost World great scores and yet when I got the 3DS version, I felt disappointed overall. You guys claimed that Rodea the Sky Soldier isn't that great so why get hyped for this one knowing that its not something worth getting hyped for?

Edited on by Socar

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.