Forums

Topic: Injustice: Gods Among Us unofficial thread

Posts 41 to 60 of 569

Tasuki

MickeyTheGreat wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

MickeyTheGreat wrote:

Did I kill the thread? I didn't mean to...

Assuming I haven't, I really hope they handle the whole 'Superman is evil in this' thing correctly

I am not sure if it was this game but I heard that one of Superman's alternative looks is the Red Son look.

That's right! link//www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkNHO1twrRM
I hear it's a great book, have you read it?

No I havent read it. I hear that it is good as well. As for the look in game its a pre order bonus from Gamestop but I am sure it will be available to everyone for purchase.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Mickey

Tasuki wrote:

MickeyTheGreat wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

MickeyTheGreat wrote:

Did I kill the thread? I didn't mean to...

Assuming I haven't, I really hope they handle the whole 'Superman is evil in this' thing correctly

I am not sure if it was this game but I heard that one of Superman's alternative looks is the Red Son look.

That's right! link//www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkNHO1twrRM
I hear it's a great book, have you read it?

No I havent read it. I hear that it is good as well. As for the look in game its a pre order bonus from Gamestop but I am sure it will be available to everyone for purchase.

Yeah, I'm just worried abput the probability of Wii U DLC...

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Galaxy Bio (by Dark-Luigi!)

If we've gotten into an argument, it's okay. I'm probably not holding a grudge against you. Why? Because I like you!

Whoomp! There it is! -God, when he created the universe.

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat | Twitter:

shingi_70

MickeyTheGreat wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

MickeyTheGreat wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

MickeyTheGreat wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Static Shock and Terry McGuiness(spelling)? Those were probably the best DC cartoon series IMO before I completely lost interest in DC. They don't make the cartoons like they did in the 90's and early 2000s... I really hope this is a good game, and doesn't rely on the success of Mortal Kombat.

THEY DEFINITELY DON'T MAKE CARTOONS LIKE THEY USED TO XD cough*Young Justice*cough

But young Justice is awesome. Black Manta makes it so.

Flat dialogue, storyline with no substance and non-stop twists make for a REALLY lame show! No, no I'm wrong. These writers knew what they were doing when they skipped 5 years to see the characters grow instead of ACTUALLY SEEING THE CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!!! It wasn't good in my honest opinion...

But it has Black Manta and the Light embarrassing everyone. Also I didn't mind the time skip since we got Blue Beetle and Impulse as a result.

Impulse sucked and Blue beetle was pretensious. OH YEAH, I remember Black Manta and the light embarrassing everyone WHEN THEY GOT BEATEN BY FREAKIN' TEENAGERS! And the exclusion of Donna Troy was idiotic. (YES, I KNOW SHE HAD A CAMEO BUT STILL!)

Overall, the series was not only a waste of time, it was also disappointing. I REALLY wanted to like it I REALLY DID! But stupid characters, stupid stories and stupid decisions by the writers just made it fail. You probably can't change my opinion so I suggest you don't try. I just don't like Young Justice...

deep breath So I really can't wait to play this game!

Its not like Donna Troy exists in the comics any more. 😝

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

MDee14

SOOOO what is the WII U version getting? Why no pre order exclusives?

Wii U: MDee14
3DS Code:3480-2541-8522
Tweet Me @MDee14
Twitch: MDee14
Please check out my podcast: http://rubntugpodcast.blogspot.com/

Nintendo Network ID: MDee14

Mickey

MDee14 wrote:

SOOOO what is the WII U version getting? Why no pre order exclusives?

I'm hoping they're just kind of slow with Wii U DLC, but--chances are--they probably won't be releasing DLC on the Wii U...

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Galaxy Bio (by Dark-Luigi!)

If we've gotten into an argument, it's okay. I'm probably not holding a grudge against you. Why? Because I like you!

Whoomp! There it is! -God, when he created the universe.

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat | Twitter:

Tasuki

Well the 360 got a demo of Injustice today. I wonder if this Thursday we will see one for the Wii U.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Mickey

Tasuki wrote:

Well the 360 got a demo of Injustice today. I wonder if this Thursday we will see one for the Wii U.

I tried it... WORST. DEMO. EVER. A demo is supposed to make you WANT TO BUY THE FRIGGIN' GAME! Would it have killed them to at least include Superman!?!

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Galaxy Bio (by Dark-Luigi!)

If we've gotten into an argument, it's okay. I'm probably not holding a grudge against you. Why? Because I like you!

Whoomp! There it is! -God, when he created the universe.

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat | Twitter:

Zsxdflip

MickeyTheGreat wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Well the 360 got a demo of Injustice today. I wonder if this Thursday we will see one for the Wii U.

I tried it... WORST. DEMO. EVER. A demo is supposed to make you WANT TO BUY THE FRIGGIN' GAME! Would it have killed them to at least include Superman!?!

Does anyone still actually like Superman though? It's not like the game has "Superman" in the title, and I would much rather play with more interesting characters like Cyborg, Green Lantern, Aquaman, etc. Not just plain old boring Superman.

Pokemon SoulSilver Friend Code:1248-0956-7211

Pokemon White Friend Code: 3868-8536-1711

Nintendo Network ID: Zsxdflip | Twitter:

terribledeli

Zsxdflip wrote:

Does anyone still actually like Superman though? It's not like the game has "Superman" in the title, and I would much rather play with more interesting characters like Cyborg, Green Lantern, Aquaman, etc. Not just plain old boring Superman.

Superman is easily identifiable (And, technically, the bulk of the game's storyline is built around him and his change). A three character demo seemed really odd when I first read the new. I would have tossed in Superman purely for branding. And maybe remove Lex in favor of Green Arrow, assuming people actually watch the CW show (I personally don't).

Edit: Sadly, they'll stay away from Green Lantern anything due to the taint from the awkward Ryan Reynolds flick. Almost 2 years later and it's still hard for Warner Brothers to allow DC to use that character properly.

Edited on by terribledeli

terribledeli

Nintendo Network ID: terribledeli

DefHalan

Well I think they didn't show off Superman to sell more copies. They are trying to show a great fighting game and if you buy it then you get to play as your favorite character. If they gave you Superman in the demo then why would you buy the game? You can fight as Superman all you want for free. It is just another way of thinking about it.

http://www.twitch.tv/defhalan

Krystal for SMASH!!!!
Shantae for SMASH!!!
Nintendo will release a Micro-Console as a companion device to the NX and next Handheld Console.

Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

HawkeyeWii

Cannot wait for this game! Let's just hope that this game is not inferior to the other console versions in terms of how smooth the game plays.

Wii U username: KitKat_H12 (Unfortunately HawkeyeWii was already taken some how)
Friend Codes3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter:

terribledeli

Normally I'd agree, but they chose to give two of the three demo spots to the second and third most popular characters (Though, I guess one could make the argument Batman is more popular than Superman based on the eleventy kajillion New 52 Batman series released monthly).

I think it has more to due with the storyline than anything else. If they wanted to get fans on board solely with the gameplay engine, they could have went really obscure and tossed in Killer Frost versus Ares.

Either way, I'll likely just stick to comics. The demo, regardless of who I played as, didn't move me.

And to side track ever so slightly, here's my DC comic recommendations
Blackest Night (Just stick with the single tradeback release since there's at least a dozen releases under the Blackest Night banner)
Brightest Day (Likewise for Brightest Day's banner)
Red Son
Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow
Gotham City Sirens
What's So Funny about Truth, Justice, and the American Way?
And lastly, the current New 52 run of Batgirl.

terribledeli

Nintendo Network ID: terribledeli

Mickey

Zsxdflip wrote:

MickeyTheGreat wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Well the 360 got a demo of Injustice today. I wonder if this Thursday we will see one for the Wii U.

I tried it... WORST. DEMO. EVER. A demo is supposed to make you WANT TO BUY THE FRIGGIN' GAME! Would it have killed them to at least include Superman!?!

Does anyone still actually like Superman though? It's not like the game has "Superman" in the title, and I would much rather play with more interesting characters like Cyborg, Green Lantern, Aquaman, etc. Not just plain old boring Superman.

Cyborg, epitome of interesting... I like the character but I wouldn't say he's more interesting than Superman. Unless you're one of those guys that are of the mindset that Superman isn't interesting because he has a lot of power... If that's the case, I suggest you actually read/watch Superman...

DefHalan wrote:

Well I think they didn't show off Superman to sell more copies. They are trying to show a great fighting game and if you buy it then you get to play as your favorite character. If they gave you Superman in the demo then why would you buy the game? You can fight as Superman all you want for free. It is just another way of thinking about it.

Oh yeah, I'd be content with the demo because hey, why buy the game when I can play one stage with Superman. Its not like I'm interested in the story, the challenge mode, practice mode and more characters... (Green Lantern and Shazam)

Edited on by Mickey

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Galaxy Bio (by Dark-Luigi!)

If we've gotten into an argument, it's okay. I'm probably not holding a grudge against you. Why? Because I like you!

Whoomp! There it is! -God, when he created the universe.

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat | Twitter:

HawkeyeWii

Batman is the greatest there ever was and ever will be!

Wii U username: KitKat_H12 (Unfortunately HawkeyeWii was already taken some how)
Friend Codes3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter:

MDee14

This is stupid. people who want the wii u version, can't have the pre order bonus or a demo. You're literally snobing the wii u version to make it fail.

Wii U: MDee14
3DS Code:3480-2541-8522
Tweet Me @MDee14
Twitch: MDee14
Please check out my podcast: http://rubntugpodcast.blogspot.com/

Nintendo Network ID: MDee14

SCAR

MDee14 wrote:

This is stupid. people who want the wii u version, can't have the pre order bonus or a demo. You're literally snobing the wii u version to make it fail.

It probably just takes more time for the Gamepad controller to be added. They could have the whole game perfect for other consoles on regular controllers, but still not have Gamepad included. My guess is that the GamePad controller input hasn't even been made yet.
Once ALL the next gen consoles come out, we will see more work put into the current gen consoles and start leaving the old ones behind.
They just need to make sure the game is good no matter what console it's on when it actually gets released.

$¢@®

HawkeyeWii

MDee14 wrote:

This is stupid. people who want the wii u version, can't have the pre order bonus or a demo. You're literally snobing the wii u version to make it fail.

I agree! I was going to go pre-order mine today, but had a second thought in my mind that it probably doesn't have the added content like the other versions, sure enough I headed home and found out I was right. Damn It! Just once could Nintendo get a break for something 3rd party oriented????

Wii U username: KitKat_H12 (Unfortunately HawkeyeWii was already taken some how)
Friend Codes3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter:

Zowolffo

This looks promising, but I've always been more of a Marvel guy. Batman is the only DC character worth mentioning..

Never Gonna Give Mew Up!

Nintendo Network ID: NJanders

HawkeyeWii

Metal_Sonic wrote:

This looks promising, but I've always been more of a Marvel guy. Batman is the only DC character worth mentioning..

Damn straight! Same here @Metal_Sonic I almost wish that Batman was a Marvel character

Wii U username: KitKat_H12 (Unfortunately HawkeyeWii was already taken some how)
Friend Codes3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter:

HawkeyeWii

If Batman is in a videogame, it is worth getting! Batman is the Chuck Norris of Super Heroes

Wii U username: KitKat_H12 (Unfortunately HawkeyeWii was already taken some how)
Friend Codes3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter:

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic