Wii U Forum

Topic: Is your patience with Nintendo wearing thin?

Showing 141 to 160 of 168

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

141. Posted:

VC isn't a priority. That's why they won't bother.

@Sony_70
You do realize that ANY of these companies advertising second screen gaming contributes to every console? When someone sees Sony advertising stuff that Wii U can do too, the GamePad would probably cross their mind. It would be like if Burger King ran an ad for how tasty french fries and hamburgers are.

Burger King isn't the only place that sells hamburgers and french fries. When I see an Arby's commercial, I think about somewhere else like 50% of the time. The main idea is what is being advertised at the bottom line.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Cyberbotv2

142. Posted:

[quote=SCAR392][quote=Sony_70]@SCAR392

Spot on. Anyone buying the new Microsoft and Sony offerings are getting a glut of games that tend to fall into the same category. Dark, serious, realistic.....blah blah blah. After playing Wii Fit U all weekend and every morning since, I just found a game that is killer. Look, if I need to shoot people or aliens, travel in a city based off a real city, play online multiplayer cursing my guts out, I know where to go. But If i want to dress up as a cat, or do digital yoga or play a classic oldie on my gamepad, I'm on my Wii U.

Edited on by Cyberbotv2

Cyberbotv2

AuthorMessage
Avatar

OptometristLime

143. Posted:

Guitardude7 wrote:

No, but my patience is wearing thin with self entitled gamers who think they know what's best for Nintendo and always assume they don't know what they're doing.


Apologies if I came across as insulting. I'd like to clarify that I am specifically referring to the people who believe Nintendo is this delusional old man that can't make a decision for himself. I understand Nintendo has flaws, but when people assume they can't do anything right, it just annoys the crap out of me.

You came across just fine and I think your message belongs in this thread.

...Not as a response to a poster of course, but to the title. As a consumer I can take my business elsewhere, and Nintendo will be just fine.

Edited on by OptometristLime

Miyamoto on his desire to focus more on the (hard)core Nintendo fan.

[The casual] attitude is, ‘okay, I am the customer. You are supposed to entertain me.’ [...] and to me it’s kind of a pathetic thing.

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

144. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

VC isn't a priority. That's why they won't bother.

@Sony_70
You do realize that ANY of these companies advertising second screen gaming contributes to every console? When someone sees Sony advertising stuff that Wii U can do too, the GamePad would probably cross their mind. It would be like if Burger King ran an ad for how tasty french fries and hamburgers are.

Burger King isn't the only place that sells hamburgers and french fries. When I see an Arby's commercial, I think about somewhere else like 50% of the time. The main idea is what is being advertised at the bottom line.

The problem the WIi U still barley has any mindshare of its own. Its like when the Ipad came out there were other android tablets out to cepmpete but they were persona non grate until Amazon and google got off there respctive buts to market them.

@Cyberbotv2

Funny you seem to be ignoring the all ages content that both the Xbone and PS4 both have. I understand what your saying but at the end of the day the average consumer doesn't look at wanting separate consoles that way. They want one box where they can play the current dark realistic shooter (Since when does realism equal dark?), have little timmy play skylanders, and being able to play the latest madden game.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

145. Posted:

@Sony_70
What about Wii U being on shelves for an entire year before anything else? If ANYONE plays video games of any sort, they're gonna see the Wii U. It's not that hard to realize that every system has the 2nd screen utilization happening.

That's especially why having the GamePad included guarantees use for every single piece of software, and that's important. If Nintendo wasn't "forcing" the GamePad onto consumers, neither would Sony or Microsoft.

It's just like the motion controls of the Wii with motion controls. Microsoft and Sony want to be relevant in Nintendo's market, so they have no choice but to advertise that their systems do dual screen gaming.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SMEXIZELDAMAN

146. Posted:

@Scar392
WiiU been on shelves for a year b/c no one wants it xD! If it was good it wouldn't been on them shelves because everyone bought them all.

Lord Head Admin of SonyLife
♥♥♥Videogames are lame♥♥♥

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

147. Posted:

SMEXIZELDAMAN wrote:

@Scar392
WiiU been on shelves for a year b/c no one wants it xD! If it was good it wouldn't been on them shelves because everyone bought them all.

Not everyone buys consoles as soon as they come out. Having an actual product available on the shelf is probably more effective than you think.

Just imagine somone who never goes on the internet for video gane news(like us) and realizes that Wii U is the newest system available and plans on buying one for Christmas.

My point is that being on a shelf doesn't necessarily mean no one cares. Before I would use the internet on a consistent basis, magazines and in store availability was key. Even just as far ago as 6th gen.

There are tons of 3DS and 2DS systems on the shelf of every store that sells them. Those are selling, right? They meet the demand by putting tons of them on the shelf. Also, Wii U systems are generally pretty low on stock in my area to begin with, so the whole shelf thing doesn't even make sense where I live, because I know some people are buying them.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rockodoodle

148. Posted:

Good post. I have 20 retail titles and then about four eShop games. THere's at least ten more coming out in the next six months that I want. After that, I might just quit buying games for a while.

With that said, you would think that with $11 billion in cash, they could get more of their best selling titles out on time/in time for the holiday season. It's no big deal for me- I can wait another six months for Mario Kart, Smash Bros. etc. But it's rather sad for Nintendo b/c others will not.

SCAR392 wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

@SCAR392

I think PS4 has more indie titles announced but I was talking just in general the PS4 has the most games announced for it. It's not an opinion, but a fact and while I do think there is merit in choosing similar third party franchises for Wii U, at the end of the day PS4 has those as well, plus a ton of franchises that won't be on the Wii U or the better version of games. (If you care about that kind of stuff.)

Like I said I was talking in terms of the amount of games from all three major sources the PS4 is the best bet content wise. I'm wondering if a few Nintendo console only devs will eventunally bring their games to the PS4 as well.

Ya, I know Sony has alot of upcoming games. I get it. My point was that Sony could have 100 more games than Wii U, that doesn't mean I like them. I'm fine with having a Wii U only, because none of those games on PS4 will probably hold my attention anyway.

Octodad, Knack, Killzone, and inFamous, while still graphically doing well or highly regarded as "must-have" games, aren't something I would actually play over anything Nintendo has to offer. That's why I'm saying quantity is not what I'm basing my opinion off, and I never said it was.

Assassin's Creed 4 or Call of Duty would fill that "void" if I really cared to play any of Sony's games. I'm honestly ot even interested in W101(I respect PG's work on it, never the less) either, but I can still form an opinion that I would rather be playing W101 as opposed to Knack.

rockodoodle

AuthorMessage
Avatar

taffy

149. Posted:

http://kotaku.com/child-predators-were-using-nintendos-swapno...

Very difficult to defend their decisions indeed OP, bravo to you!

Nintendo Network ID: sgt.taffy
Currently playing:
Wii U - Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
3DS - Fire Emblem: Awakening

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Mytoemytoe

150. Posted:

I don't like it either that Nintendo has become almost an exclusively kid-oriented company. But it's not really their fault.

Nintendo has a lot of money but they're not an electronics behemoth like Sony or a software giant like Microsoft. They didn't have the resources to instantly shift over to an infrastructure which demands really big teams of developers, and I'm sure Sony and Microsoft did their part to shut Nintendo out.

So they've been forced to become the niche console, the kid's console, the "different" console to stand out.

I can't defend them for hoarding their games, though, or leaving a first person shooter like Metroid Prime on the sidelines (hint to Nintendo: Metroid Prime was awesome, and it would be incredible in 1080p with high-res textures.) The VC is criminally under-supported, too, and the lack of a unified account system is ridiculous.

I think that ultimately Nintendo will merge into one console, a home/portable thing with two screens that connects to your TV wirelessly via an HDMI device. Between their home console and portable console they have enough great game developers to keep people buying their games throughout the year. That way, they wouldn't have to spread themselves so thin, and concentrate on marketing one message and one service.

Edited on by Mytoemytoe

Mytoemytoe

Nintendo Network ID: mytoemytoe | Twitter: mytoemytoe

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Morpheel

151. Posted:

It's not that nintendo is kids oriented-only, it's just that kids are, were and will always be their best public. They better protect them and keep their parents happy! Back then when you played their excellent games and became their fan, you were a kid too!

What happens when they let go and relax a little?

Horrible people abuse their systems to damage their best public.

Seriously, that's why we can't have nice things. As evidenced by nintendo's decision to terminate the services.

Edited on by Morpheel

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage
Avatar

arronishere

152. Posted:

Mytoemytoe wrote:

IThey didn't have the resources to instantly shift over to an infrastructure which demands really big teams of developers, and I'm sure Sony and Microsoft did their part to shut Nintendo out.

Ninty has billions in shares, bonds and cash tho.

Edited on by arronishere

arronishere

3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

WaLzgi

153. Posted:

Bayonetta 2 is the reason I don't think they're "kid-exclusive".

If you care so much for your privacy, what are you hiding?

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MikeLove

154. Posted:

ScroogeMcLz wrote:

Bayonetta 2 is the reason I don't think they're "kid-exclusive".

One game that is several months away?

Ya ok. That's solid evidence.

MikeLove

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Blast

155. Posted:

FutureAlphaMale wrote:

ScroogeMcLz wrote:

Bayonetta 2 is the reason I don't think they're "kid-exclusive".

One game that is several months away?

Ya ok. That's solid evidence.

Darksiders 2, Mass Effect 3 and Resident Evil: Revelations U were all on Wii U and they weren't kiddy games. I don't even care if a game is kiddy or "mature". I just care if a game is good.
I'm gonna say that again. I ONLY CARE IF A GAME IS BETTER OR NOT.

I also gotta tell you something.
I've been reading your comments in articles and threads and YOU give off this incredibly negative vibe in everything you say. I'm not saying that you gotta be "YEAH! Nintendo rocks!" or anything like that. I'm just saying that nearly all of your comments about Wii U or Nintendo in general is just...NEGATIVE. There's a difference between saying something like, "I know that Nintendo has a problem with the Wii U and lets have a good discussion about it." You, on the other hand, appear like you're bitter about anything related to the Wii U at all.
If you don't like the console, thats fine. Thats your opinion.
I'm just saying look in the mirror, pal. Your comments can be really negative, smart-mouth, and bitter.
Look at how you just responded to a Mod on this site, @ScroogeMcLz. Do you feel good when you make a smart-mouth comment? Do you feel good when you say stuff like that? If so... THAT'S SAD.
And lastly... I am not trying to pick a fight with you. I'm doing this in a nice way.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

156. Posted:

I don't think Wii U is "kiddie". It's still getting Watch_Dogs, AC4, CoD, etc.

If you only considering Nintendo's games, then yes, most of them are suited for kids or everyone, but there are still current 3rd party games being released. Ghosts just came out yesterday and the Wii U version is just as relevant as any other.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MikeLove

157. Posted:

Blastoise-san wrote:

FutureAlphaMale wrote:

ScroogeMcLz wrote:

Bayonetta 2 is the reason I don't think they're "kid-exclusive".

One game that is several months away?

Ya ok. That's solid evidence.

Darksiders 2, Mass Effect 3 and Resident Evil: Revelations U were all on Wii U and they weren't kiddy games. I don't even care if a game is kiddy or "mature". I just care if a game is good.
I'm gonna say that again. I ONLY CARE IF A GAME IS BETTER OR NOT.

I also gotta tell you something.
I've been reading your comments in articles and threads and YOU give off this incredibly negative vibe in everything you say. I'm not saying that you gotta be "YEAH! Nintendo rocks!" or anything like that. I'm just saying that nearly all of your comments about Wii U or Nintendo in general is just...NEGATIVE. There's a difference between saying something like, "I know that Nintendo has a problem with the Wii U and lets have a good discussion about it." You, on the other hand, appear like you're bitter about anything related to the Wii U at all.
If you don't like the console, thats fine. Thats your opinion.
I'm just saying look in the mirror, pal. Your comments can be really negative, smart-mouth, and bitter.
Look at how you just responded to a Mod on this site, @ScroogeMcLz. Do you feel good when you make a smart-mouth comment? Do you feel good when you say stuff like that? If so... THAT'S SAD.
And lastly... I am not trying to pick a fight with you. I'm doing this in a nice way.

I'm just playing devil's advocate most of the time, since if no one voiced a dissenting opinion, most of these discussions would be horribly boring and one-sided (i.e. Nintendo rules! They can do no wrong! etc....). There also seems to be a lack of logic used by many people here, and they don't think critically about topics before chiming in. Just because the headline says 'Nintendo sales up 800%', it doesn't make me jump up and down. How many actual systems were sold? Are these numbers part of a trend or a one off? Are these numbers sustainable?

Also, I'm not going to alter my response to someone based on their position on a website. If a moderator on a website says something I don't agree with, I would respond the same way as I would anyone else. Do you think being a moderator is some noble position that requires special treatment or respect? They are no different then anyone else posting here.

MikeLove

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Blast

158. Posted:

@FutureAlphaMale I brought up your comment with the Mod, @ScroogeMcLz because it was a good example of how smart-mouth your comments can be at times. I don't think a Moderator deserves special treatment but they are HUMAN BEINGS. Treat others like you wanna be treated.
How would you like it if others to start giving you smart-mouth comments at stuff you say?
I can do that.
But you claim that you're "playing devil's advocate most of the time" so I guess that gives you a right to be the opposite/negative guy, huh?

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Morpheel

159. Posted:

I think it's a matter of image.
His combo of selfie avatar + literally having "FutureAlphaMale" right under it (is that from Monster Hunter?) can make it seem like he wants to be a "smart-mouth".
The wrong presentation can make your brain automatically dislike something.

But then again, this is not a thread to talk about this, is it?

Edited on by Morpheel

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CapnPancakes

160. Posted:

FutureAlphaMale wrote:

I'm just playing devil's advocate most of the time, since if no one voiced a dissenting opinion, most of these discussions would be horribly boring and one-sided (i.e. Nintendo rules! They can do no wrong! etc....).

I'd like to see some examples of these supposed blinded fanboys who believe Nintendo can do no wrong. Just because I'm a fan of the company doesn't mean I'm blind to facts or reason. I honestly see more negative people like you on here compared to ignorant fans.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes