Forums

Topic: Is your patience with Nintendo wearing thin?

Posts 121 to 140 of 164

LzWinky

Remember the PS3? That should teach us not to judge a line up before release. Keep in mind disappointments can ensue even for the PS4.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

SCRAPPER392

@Sony_70
I'm not trying to argue as much as trying to point out that one of the most anticipated titles on PS4 is already beat by the W101, in my opinion.

I wouldn't take Sony's. or anyone else's' lineup for granted. Sony could just as easily delay a game like Nintendo has and Sony fans won't care as much as they do if Nintendo delays a game.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

rockodoodle

Sony_70 wrote:

Buy Wii Crowd I mean the same amount of people that made it a huge sales success aren't coming back in the same force Nintendo probably wants them too.

yeah, doubtful nursing homes upgrade to Wii U......But I think the Wii U could get up to 3ds numbers.

rockodoodle

shingi_70

SCAR392 wrote:

@Sony_70
I'm not trying to argue as much as trying to point out that one of the most anticipated titles on PS4 is already beat by the W101, in my opinion.

I wouldn't take Sony's. or anyone else's' lineup for granted. Sony could just as easily delay a game like Nintendo has and Sony fans won't care as much as they do if Nintendo delays a game.

while its seriously silly to base your reactions to a game based on a demo, but the two games aren't even that compreable other than both share action platform segents. Its like saying Final Fantasy XV beats out the witcher 3,

Drive Club had already been delayed till next year so Evolution can hit 1080p/60fps. The difference between Nintendo delaying a game versus Sony delaying one is that Sony's overall line up isn't as dependent on first party as Nintendo's is. I mean it will suck come February if Infamous is delayed but i'll probably end up buying Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes. Plus there isn't much to delay to be honest since Sony hasn't given out any hard release dates beyond early launch window,

Overall the Playstation 4 has the best mix of the three systems between first party, indies, and third party support.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

PrincessSugoi

I don't care about online multiplayer.

I don't care about having the "most powerful" console.

I don't need a M rating on my games to enjoy them.

Majority of the 3rd parties I care about (SEGA, Natsume, Majesco, Capcom, etc.) make games for Nintendo handhelds and most likely won't be going anywhere on that front.

I got over Swapnote within a minute of reading the announcement. Bring on Miiverse.

The Wii U's situation sucks but it doesn't stop me from wanting one.

The 3DS is amazing and perfect.

So I have to say no, my "patience" with them is not wearing thin or otherwise.

Current Playlist: Age of Calamity, Stardew Valley, ACNH

Hopeless permanent resident of Idol Hell.

3DS Friend Code: 4184-2503-1604 | Nintendo Network ID: sasamitails

kkslider5552000

people complaining about Wii U is at least 10X worse and dumber than Nintendo could ever be. It's like I want to agree that the console has many stupid issues early on but then some idiot is acting like some idiot so I can't bring myself to do so.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

SCRAPPER392

Sony_70 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Sony_70

while its seriously silly to base your reactions to a game based on a demo, but the two games aren't even that compreable other than both share action platform segents. Its like saying Final Fantasy XV beats out the witcher 3,

Drive Club had already been delayed till next year so Evolution can hit 1080p/60fps. The difference between Nintendo delaying a game versus Sony delaying one is that Sony's overall line up isn't as dependent on first party as Nintendo's is. I mean it will suck come February if Infamous is delayed but i'll probably end up buying Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes. Plus there isn't much to delay to be honest since Sony hasn't given out any hard release dates beyond early launch window,

Overall the Playstation 4 has the best mix of the three systems between first party, indies, and third party support.

The software value is you're opinion, though. I'm comparing the Knack demo with the W101 demo.

Not to mention Wii U has just as many indies and I think their 1st party software is better. Online features on other systems doesn't mean anything to me if I don't like the games using the said features.

The interesting part for me, is that I see Sony's 1st party titles being similar to games I can get on Wii U, anyway. Assassin's Creed 4 or Call of Duty will basically feed my need for anything for a game similar to Sony's.

I'm comparing AC to inFamous and Call of Duty to Killzone. I can get a 3rd party game that's similar enough to play the game for what it is and not really care about what's going on in the story for each game.

Qwest

electrolite77

Sony_70 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Sony_70

Sony usually do have the best mix, though regarding the PS4, not yet. I'll get one a year or two down the line once there's more variety. Again for me it'll be Sony and Nintendo for the fourth generation running.

Xbox Gamertag - GJB77XBOX

Playstation ID - GJB77

Switch friend code - SW-5907-7972-1196

Nintendo network Username - GJB77

skywake

Well Pokemon X/Y is, including combined sales from multi-platform titles, about the fourth best selling game globally between Jan 2012 and the 26th of October 2013. Behind CoD:BO2, GTA 5 and Halo 4 (just). Then there are the other best sellers on the 3DS which have also topped the sales charts recently. The Wii U isn't doing great but Nintendo overall is doing just fine.

Also while people were creating these numerous doom threads I wasn't on these forums. I was playing Pokemon Y, Animal Crossing New Leaf and Wind Waker HD. I'm sure sooner rather than later I'll be off again to play Super Mario 3D World when that comes out as well as Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. I know this weekend I'll probably be enjoying Wii Sports Club.

Doomed? I really don't care. Losing Patience? Nah. Right now, if anything, I am almost wanting them to slow down on the content. What do I need patience for? I've got entertainment running out my ears.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

shingi_70

@SCAR392

I think PS4 has more indie titles announced but I was talking just in general the PS4 has the most games announced for it. It's not an opinion, but a fact and while I do think there is merit in choosing similar third party franchises for Wii U, at the end of the day PS4 has those as well, plus a ton of franchises that won't be on the Wii U or the better version of games. (If you care about that kind of stuff.)

Like I said I was talking in terms of the amount of games from all three major sources the PS4 is the best bet content wise. I'm wondering if a few Nintendo console only devs will eventunally bring their games to the PS4 as well.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

DualWielding

my patience is wearing thing regarding their lack of an account system I just find it unnaceptable and the 'major' fall update that was supposed to solve it only brought the useless feature of playing wii games on the gamepad screen which is pointless without the ability to actually use the gamepad for control

PSN: Fertheseeker

OptometristLime

What is this -courteous and rational- debate between rival camps?

The kind of scenario where I might learn something... Hm. What an unfamiliar experience.

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

LzWinky

ferthepoet wrote:

my patience is wearing thing regarding their lack of an account system I just find it unnaceptable and the 'major' fall update that was supposed to solve it only brought the useless feature of playing wii games on the gamepad screen which is pointless without the ability to actually use the gamepad for control

"Supposed to" do what? No one said the update would implement it aside from baseless rumors

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

SCRAPPER392

Sony_70 wrote:

@SCAR392

I think PS4 has more indie titles announced but I was talking just in general the PS4 has the most games announced for it. It's not an opinion, but a fact and while I do think there is merit in choosing similar third party franchises for Wii U, at the end of the day PS4 has those as well, plus a ton of franchises that won't be on the Wii U or the better version of games. (If you care about that kind of stuff.)

Like I said I was talking in terms of the amount of games from all three major sources the PS4 is the best bet content wise. I'm wondering if a few Nintendo console only devs will eventunally bring their games to the PS4 as well.

Ya, I know Sony has alot of upcoming games. I get it. My point was that Sony could have 100 more games than Wii U, that doesn't mean I like them. I'm fine with having a Wii U only, because none of those games on PS4 will probably hold my attention anyway.

Octodad, Knack, Killzone, and inFamous, while still graphically doing well or highly regarded as "must-have" games, aren't something I would actually play over anything Nintendo has to offer. That's why I'm saying quantity is not what I'm basing my opinion off, and I never said it was.

Assassin's Creed 4 or Call of Duty would fill that "void" if I really cared to play any of Sony's games. I'm honestly ot even interested in W101(I respect PG's work on it, never the less) either, but I can still form an opinion that I would rather be playing W101 as opposed to Knack.

Qwest

shingi_70

I know i'm just saying right now its an advantage sony has. But at the end of the day different strokes for different folks and personally I see at least one game on all three next gen systems that would get me to buy them. (X, Quantum Break, and The Order to be exact). Its a great time to be a gamer no matter what console or PC you choose for Gen 8.

The only real think that has my patience wore thin happen to be the Virtual Console's slow rollout and most importantly the advertising. I feel that Nintendo had a console with two unique pulls but they failed to really get a hook. Sony put out four new commercial spots today that get straight to the point and sell the concept of off screen play much better than Nintendo has in their major commericals so far.

WAT!

shingi_70

@Guitardude7

Well I blame the way Nintendo wrote the wrappers for the original Virtual console roms to be honest. Even if they could do a giant VC dump and do a netflix style service Nintendo has no incentive too. They want to strech the VC out this time around and keep the quality of the ports really high. Plus VC allows them to pad out Nintendo downloads on light gaming months.

WAT!

SCRAPPER392

VC isn't a priority. That's why they won't bother.

@Sony_70
You do realize that ANY of these companies advertising second screen gaming contributes to every console? When someone sees Sony advertising stuff that Wii U can do too, the GamePad would probably cross their mind. It would be like if Burger King ran an ad for how tasty french fries and hamburgers are.

Burger King isn't the only place that sells hamburgers and french fries. When I see an Arby's commercial, I think about somewhere else like 50% of the time. The main idea is what is being advertised at the bottom line.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

Cyberbotv2

[quote=SCAR392][quote=Sony_70]@SCAR392

Spot on. Anyone buying the new Microsoft and Sony offerings are getting a glut of games that tend to fall into the same category. Dark, serious, realistic.....blah blah blah. After playing Wii Fit U all weekend and every morning since, I just found a game that is killer. Look, if I need to shoot people or aliens, travel in a city based off a real city, play online multiplayer cursing my guts out, I know where to go. But If i want to dress up as a cat, or do digital yoga or play a classic oldie on my gamepad, I'm on my Wii U.

Edited on by Cyberbotv2

Cyberbotv2

OptometristLime

Guitardude7 wrote:

No, but my patience is wearing thin with self entitled gamers who think they know what's best for Nintendo and always assume they don't know what they're doing.

Apologies if I came across as insulting. I'd like to clarify that I am specifically referring to the people who believe Nintendo is this delusional old man that can't make a decision for himself. I understand Nintendo has flaws, but when people assume they can't do anything right, it just annoys the crap out of me.

You came across just fine and I think your message belongs in this thread.

...Not as a response to a poster of course, but to the title. As a consumer I can take my business elsewhere, and Nintendo will be just fine.

Edited on by OptometristLime

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

shingi_70

SCAR392 wrote:

VC isn't a priority. That's why they won't bother.

@Sony_70
You do realize that ANY of these companies advertising second screen gaming contributes to every console? When someone sees Sony advertising stuff that Wii U can do too, the GamePad would probably cross their mind. It would be like if Burger King ran an ad for how tasty french fries and hamburgers are.

Burger King isn't the only place that sells hamburgers and french fries. When I see an Arby's commercial, I think about somewhere else like 50% of the time. The main idea is what is being advertised at the bottom line.

The problem the WIi U still barley has any mindshare of its own. Its like when the Ipad came out there were other android tablets out to cepmpete but they were persona non grate until Amazon and google got off there respctive buts to market them.

@Cyberbotv2

Funny you seem to be ignoring the all ages content that both the Xbone and PS4 both have. I understand what your saying but at the end of the day the average consumer doesn't look at wanting separate consoles that way. They want one box where they can play the current dark realistic shooter (Since when does realism equal dark?), have little timmy play skylanders, and being able to play the latest madden game.

WAT!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.