Forums

Topic: Is that direct all nintendos doing for e3

Posts 121 to 140 of 191

KAHN

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

0SP_ZELDAiii wrote:

i'm sorry what? WE don't want more SM3D games, WE want more 64/Sunshine games. that's why "WE" (as in everyone disappointed in SM3DW) don't like it. you even said it yourself.

??? I said what?

0SP_ZELDAiii wrote:

WE, the gaming community, did NOT want SM3DW, WE wanted more 3D games like sunshine and 64.

Well I, part of the gaming community, wanted a game like 3D Land. Stop representing everyone and acting like we all wanted the Mario games you want.

0SP_ZELDAiii wrote:

why don't YOU speak for yourself.

I am. I said I wanted a game like this. I didn't say we wanted this, I'm just representing my own opinion. Unlike you who seems to continue to insist that EVERYONE wanted a 64/Sunshine game. Once again, stop representing everyone and assuming they all want your dream Mario game.

1.) You seem to be the only one around here who wanted SM3DW, everyone else wanted a sunshine/galaxy/64 type 3D game. try reading the forum posts and you'd see that. WE do. you asked why we didn't want SM3DW, you got it. stop complaining. i gave a legitimate and true answer. i WILL represent everyone with my opinion because we ALL (minus you and maybe a few more) wanted a different 3D mario game.
2.) i put it in quotes after that statement. you said:

I'm amazed at how much all of you are complaining about Super Mario 3D World.

again, we all wanted a different 3D mario game, and you seem to be the only one who wanted THIS mario game.

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

Linky_97

OMG NEW SMASH BROS CHATACTER!!!! http://e3.nintendo.com/games/detail/super-smash-bros/ LOL! It's the Wii Fit Trainer!

Edited on by Linky_97

Wii U online games:
Injustice Gods Among Us, Ninja Gaiden 3: Razors Edge, Assassin's Creed III, Tekken Tag Team Tournament 2 Wii U Edition and Trine 2: Directors Cut
3DS Online games:
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Tell me if you want to play :)

3DS Friend Code: 0387-8763-9592 | Nintendo Network ID: Linky97

Auracle

0SP_ZELDAiii wrote:

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

0SP_ZELDAiii wrote:

i'm sorry what? WE don't want more SM3D games, WE want more 64/Sunshine games. that's why "WE" (as in everyone disappointed in SM3DW) don't like it. you even said it yourself.

??? I said what?

0SP_ZELDAiii wrote:

WE, the gaming community, did NOT want SM3DW, WE wanted more 3D games like sunshine and 64.

Well I, part of the gaming community, wanted a game like 3D Land. Stop representing everyone and acting like we all wanted the Mario games you want.

0SP_ZELDAiii wrote:

I am. I said I wanted a game like this. I didn't say we wanted this, I'm just representing my own opinion. Unlike you who seems to continue to insist that EVERYONE wanted a 64/Sunshine game. Once again, stop representing everyone and assuming they all want your dream Mario game.

1.) You seem to be the only one around here who wanted SM3DW, everyone else wanted a sunshine/galaxy/64 type 3D game. try reading the forum posts and you'd see that. WE do. you asked why we didn't want SM3DW, you got it. stop complaining. i gave a legitimate and true answer. i WILL represent everyone with my opinion because we ALL (minus you and maybe a few more) wanted a different 3D mario game.

again, we all wanted a different 3D mario game, and you seem to be the only one who wanted THIS mario game.

Once again, you're using a generalization. I, for one, am very pleased with the direction 3D World is taking. I thought that 3D Land had some excellent concepts and twists and would love to see those cranked up to eleven in this game. There may be a lot of people who wanted a Galaxy 3 or whatever, but I'm there sure there are plenty who want SM3DW as well. So please, stop telling @Mr.WalkieTalkie to "pipe" down (see what I did thar?).

I foresee what you'll do there.
-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

Fingeldor

For me, I thought it was a great E3 presentation. There are many highlights in this Direct (and previous) for Wii U and 3DS:

• Mario 3D Land (there's enough fresh looking additions to the game, it will be fun, though I was expecting something else. I'm not convinced it's going to be horrible)
  • Wind Waker HD
  • X
  • Wonderful 101
  • Mario Kart
  • Smash Bros. (mega man, wow!)

(Previos Mentions)

• Pikmin 3
  • Rayman Legends (demo's great)
  • Mario & Luigi Dream Team
  • Legend of Zelda 3DS
  • Sonic Lost World
  • Yarn Yoshi
  • Xenoblade

Seems like a good lineup to me! Not sure what individual expectations are but for the last two decades, Nintendo has rarely let me down. I'm optimistic!

Edited on by Fingeldor

3DS Friend: 3754-6858-1461
Mario Maker Course ID: 63D7-0000-0024-5F62 (it's kinda hard...)
My Backloggery
8-Bit Music by Scott Iblings
Miiverse:

3DS Friend Code: 3754-6858-1461 | Nintendo Network ID: Bingly

SteveW

IAmNotWill wrote:

LMAO did you guys expect Nintendo to reveal the cure to cancer or something?

Actually... yes... isn't that part of what the vitality sensor was made for?

SteveW

SteveW

Fingeldor wrote:

For me, I thought it was a great E3 presentation. There are many highlights in this Direct (and previous) for Wii U and 3DS:

• Mario 3D Land (there's enough fresh looking additions to the game, it will be fun, though I was expecting something else. I'm not convinced it's going to be horrible)
  • Wind Waker HD
  • X
  • Wonderful 101
  • Mario Kart
  • Smash Bros. (mega man, wow!)

(Previos Mentions)

• Pikmin 3
  • Rayman Legends (demo's great)
  • Mario & Luigi Dream Team
  • Legend of Zelda 3DS
  • Sonic Lost World
  • Yarn Yoshi
  • Xenoblade

Seems like a good lineup to me! Not sure what individual expectations are but for the last two decades, Nintendo has rarely let me down. I'm optimistic!

What bothers me is... look at your list and tell me how many truely unique games you see, how many are not just more of a previous game? I count one. Sure, many of these will be great but Nintendo needs to think bigger....

SteveW

TysonOfTime

You know something is wrong when a huge Wii U hater I know is actually EXCITED for everything Nintendo announced today, while everyone else here is disappointed.

I for one am super excited for every game shown off (save Wii Fit U and Wii Party U).
All the new titles look fantastic.

Peace out.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

MrGawain

The only thing I think could possibly be something to do with Nintendo is that mysterious 'something surprising' game Capcom has been nudging.

Would the 25 Anniversary of Megaman only be a guest shot in Smash Bros? We will have to see....

Isn't it obvious that Falco Lombardi is actually a parrot?

OptometristLime

0SP_ZELDAiii wrote:

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

0SP_ZELDAiii wrote:

??? I said what?

0SP_ZELDAiii wrote:

0SP_ZELDAiii wrote:

You need to back off and realize how offensive your tone is, I am one more voice that does not echo to your tune. Where do you get off thinking you speak for anyone besides yourself, all the worse that you claim to be taking a majority position. Has the openness of the Internet or the inclusiveness of this forum (format) taught you nothing? I'm speaking up here because your take charge tone amounts to an attempt at repressing the equally important voice of @MrWalkieTalkie

Please show a little respect for the opinions of your fellows.

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

Snagrio

You know, considering the huge luxury video games are (especially if you look at the underdeveloped parts of the world), it irritates me sometimes how downright ungrateful we as gamers can be. So what if the one game you wanted wasn't shown? It's not like it'll never come. Besides, like it or not, Nintendo is a company, and they are going to make titles that sell the most. So really all this whining and complaning is pointless.

Sorry if I sound preachy, but this negativity has been getting on my nerves...

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Fingeldor

SteveW wrote:

What bothers me is... look at your list and tell me how many truely unique games you see, how many are not just more of a previous game? I count one. Sure, many of these will be great but Nintendo needs to think bigger....

To me personally, it's never going to be entirely a matter of 'uniqueness' with particular video games but rather, variety and quality. My list covers Platform, Role-Playing and Adventure games. One genre I don't particularly care for (even if Nintendo is doing it) is FPS. If you asked me what I thought about competing console titles, I'd assert many of them look similar and are even closer rehashes of other (or previous) games before them. In the case of FPS, that seems to be true more often than not. That's entirely subjective of course and there are rare exceptions.

More to the point, I think - I enjoy and look forward to these titles because they are well polished. Most of them bring enough new variety and freshness to games I've played for the last 25+ years. Part of the winning combination for me is nostalgia and it's a lineup that never grows tired. For someone else, it may look like another coat of paint on an aging icon. Gamers have to decide where their heart takes them into the next generation of gaming and I think it's different for everyone.

Edited on by Fingeldor

3DS Friend: 3754-6858-1461
Mario Maker Course ID: 63D7-0000-0024-5F62 (it's kinda hard...)
My Backloggery
8-Bit Music by Scott Iblings
Miiverse:

3DS Friend Code: 3754-6858-1461 | Nintendo Network ID: Bingly

TheKingOfTown

I didn't realize that some people really didn't like the direct. I thought it was pretty great tbh

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

Olliemar28

TheKingOfTown wrote:

I didn't realize that some people really didn't like the direct. I thought it was pretty great tbh

I thought it was great too. However, I think Nintendo made a mistake a few weeks ago by saying "this is what we'll show at the E3 Direct event, a new 3D Mario, Mario Kart etc etc"... People may have expected a few more surprises, which we didn't really get. What we did get looked really solid though.

Olliemar28

Twitter:

Arminillo

I was actually pretty psyched when I saw the New Super Mario World. I mean, 4 player 3D Mario hasn't been done before and Princess Peach is playable! Then I saw the internet reaction and was shocked.

I'm also kind of relieved it's not another Super Mario Galaxy. I owned both of them at a point in time, but never really LOVED them. I also didn't like Sunshine and was never able to beat SM64 even though i've had it for years.

In fact, the only thing that disappointed me was the new Donkey Kong, even with the spectacular return of Dixie Kong.

3DS name: Arminillo
3DS FC: 1118-0310-8459

"The Rich Boy wakes Up, But is Handsome."
-DeviousSnorlax

Nintendo Network ID: Arminillo

SteveW

Fingeldor wrote:

SteveW wrote:

To me personally, it's never going to be entirely a matter of 'uniqueness' with particular video games but rather, variety and quality. My list covers Platform, Role-Playing and Adventure games. One genre I don't particularly care for (even if Nintendo is doing it) is FPS. If you asked me what I thought about competing console titles, I'd assert many of them look similar and are even closer rehashes of other (or previous) games before them. In the case of FPS, that seems to be true more often than not. That's entirely subjective of course and there are rare exceptions.

More to the point, I think - I enjoy and look forward to these titles because they are well polished. Most of them bring enough new variety and freshness to games I've played for the last 25+ years. Part of the winning combination for me is nostalgia and it's a lineup that never grows tired. For someone else, it may look like another coat of paint on an aging icon. Gamers have to decide where their heart takes them into the next generation of gaming and I think it's different for everyone.

I will buy almost all of them also, there are some great games there, I only meant that they really didn't do anything to save the Wii U... last years Mario didn't sell millions of consoles and this one will not either. they needed to blow people away with something totally different but they didn't, these games didn't gain the interest of any of the Sony or Microsoft fanboys that I know... A brand new Earthbound might have helped...

SteveW

3DGamerDude

Would you guys please stop complaining! Yeah, the cat suit doesn't look terrific, but still, there's FOUR-PLAYER CO-OP! The game is going to be fantastic.

3DGamerDude

Nintendo Network ID: 3DGamr

Ecto-1

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

There's gonna be a huge roundtable on only Pokemon X and Y! <3

Anyone know if this is going to be streamed online? I can't seem to find anything about it.

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Check out my Rytmik songs on Youtube
Colors 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1553-9977 | Nintendo Network ID: ECTO-1989

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.