Forums

Topic: Is that direct all nintendos doing for e3

Posts 181 to 191 of 191

Geonjaha

We can agree to disagree @rallydefault but as I said, it's not really comparable to those scenarios.

Many people who have played games for a while can look at gameplay footage and past games in a series and easily deduce what the mechanics are, what the graphics are like, get a taste of the music, and spot new features (shown by my summary in my last post) and more importantly, whether or not they'd buy the game and how much they personally would enjoy it.

My question is - looking back at my post, do you believe that what I said wont end up being true, or that there will be more to it that I don't know about? I'm willing to bet I'm right about most of what I said about the game, and as I mentioned - any stuff they haven't announced wont be enough to sway my opinion.

I understand the logic you're using, and what you're trying to say - but this isn't like judging a book by its cover. I've been able to play all the previous games in the franchise, and I've been shown the games mechanics, graphics and a sample of the music. When it comes to games that pretty much covers all of the bases, especially since Mario games are not known at all for complex (or good) stories.

Edited on by Geonjaha

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

rallydefault

Geonjaha wrote:

My question is - looking back at my post, do you believe that what I said wont end up being true, or that there will be more to it that I don't know about? I'm willing to bet I'm right about most of what I said about the game, and as I mentioned - any stuff they haven't announced wont be enough to sway my opinion.

I understand the logic you're using, and what you're trying to say - but this isn't like judging a book by its cover. I've been able to play all the previous games in the franchise, and I've been shown the games mechanics, graphics and a sample of the music. When it comes to games that pretty much covers all of the bases, especially since Mario games are not known at all for good stories.

To your first question, my answer is a resounding "yes." I believe there is a lot to this game that we just don't know about right now. As I was saying, all we have to go off of are the impressions of those people who got to play the game at E3, and the unanimous take-away from those people (citing IGN here) has been that the game feels VERY different from 3D Land on the 3DS and does incorporate lots of new ideas beyond the cat suit. Go check it out for yourself if you haven't or don't believe me.

And as to your final statement, I believe that what you and many others are doing in regard to this game is exactly like "judging a book by its cover." You viewed gameplay footage of a few levels and judged the entire product.

rallydefault

Geonjaha

rallydefault wrote:

Geonjaha wrote:

I understand the logic you're using, and what you're trying to say - but this isn't like judging a book by its cover. I've been able to play all the previous games in the franchise, and I've been shown the games mechanics, graphics and a sample of the music. When it comes to games that pretty much covers all of the bases, especially since Mario games are not known at all for good stories.

To your first question, my answer is a resounding "yes." I believe there is a lot to this game that we just don't know about right now. As I was saying, all we have to go off of are the impressions of those people who got to play the game at E3, and the unanimous take-away from those people (citing IGN here) has been that the game feels VERY different from 3D Land on the 3DS and does incorporate lots of new ideas beyond the cat suit. Go check it out for yourself if you haven't or don't believe me.

And as to your final statement, I believe that what you and many others are doing in regard to this game is exactly like "judging a book by its cover." You viewed gameplay footage of a few levels and judged the entire product.

Fair enough if that's what you believe, but as I said - I can judge for myself most of the time what a game will be like and how much I'll enjoy it - especially one as simply as a Mario Platformer. All I can say is lets wait until next year, and we'll come back to this and see how much of what I said is true.

Edited on by Geonjaha

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

kkslider5552000

If 3D Land is any indication, the special worlds would help make the game worthwhile.

But if you want to know the big thing going against this game? Unless they say otherwise, we can assume it will be a 60 dollar title. For HD 3D Land 2 basically.

yeah I'm fine with Sonic Extreme Lost Galaxy and a sequel to the best game from 2010 (DKC:TF). Between those games and Rayman Legends, Mario is the most pwned its been since Ratchet and Clank and Sly Cooper debuted around the time of Mario Sunshine.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

shingi_70

NIntendo needs to have more than platformers. I'm expecting Donkey Kong to bomb. I don't see the the point of having Mario 3D world and Sonic both at the same holiday season. That would be like Microsoft having gears and Halo coming out the same week.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

DGGames

I will just say this: don't count 3D World out just yet. The game is a lot more fun to play than it looks and it really is different from 3D Land. I got to try all the levels and characters in 2demo sessions, one single player and another multiplayer and I gotta say I was pleasantly surprised

Game developer and gamer.

Innit

Sony_70 wrote:

I'm expecting Donkey Kong to bomb.

The only way that will happen will be because of install levels. I have no doubt the game will be excellent*. It could well be a platformer for the ages.

I don't really see it as selling consoles, so the base needs to get there. Was there a releasse date/window/BS guideline?

*Based on what I've seen this E3, what Retro did on the Wii title, the sales of said title (one of the stronger judges of general quality), an assumed better balance of control scheme and well, just gut. Games good.

Innit

Innit

DKC:TF Nov 2013.

Well, in that case I sincerely hope the game gets a tail, sales wise. It'll be great and if it's kept Retro busy (in place of anything else) that should translate into sales. Hope Nintendo know what they are doing releasing at that point of the install base.

Alternatively, you could easily say they are desperate and are realeasing pretty much everything they can to kickstart Wii U in some fashion.

No choice.

Innit

kkslider5552000

Sony_70 wrote:

I'm expecting Donkey Kong to bomb.

dude, the Donkey Kong game on GCN that required bongo drums sold well. A sequel to a 5 million selling Wii title will likely do ok.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.