Forums

Topic: Is that direct all nintendos doing for e3

Posts 101 to 120 of 191

Joeynator3000

Wow.,..people freaking out and getting overly-disappointed just because a popular game got a sequel. Sequels happen, get over it, chances are after 3D World they'll move on to something else, just like they did after Galaxy 2.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

shingi_70

So apparently Retro had a choice between Metroid and Donkey Kong.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

IanMage

What if Nintendo's going back in time with the 3D platformers? They started with Super Mario 3D Land, then 3D World... it really wouldn't make sense to make 3D Galaxy...

I just thought Super Mario Universe was almost guaranteed. Instead, Nintendo chooses to downgrade to the overly-simplified Super Mario 3D World, which is EXACTLY WHAT I DIDN'T WANT THEM TO DO!!!

3DS friend code: 1160-9727-7802
Wii U ID: ianmage1
I'm working on an animated feature film called "WhiteLand." Check out my progress: http://www.youtube.com/user/ianmage1

SteveW

NintySince96 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

This thread = proof some will never be happy

That's not true. There's really only five things I ask from Nintendo every generation.

1. An awesome open world 3D Mario
2. An awesome Zelda with great graphics
3. A good Mario Kart
4. An awesome smash
5. Main series Pokémon on handheld

That's all I ask. Everything else I can use a PC for. So far, Nintendo has failed miserably at number one. The jury is still out on number two. Number three looks great. Number four doesn't look bad, but I still need to see more. And number five looks great.

So that's all, just five things every generation and I'm happy.

Your #1 is exactly what I have been wanting also! imagine a game like Lego City but all Mario themed, drive Mario Karts everywhere, doors lead to races or platforming levels, that would be amazing!

SteveW

SCRAPPER392

I think a Starfox will show up eventually. As for F-Zero, they applied alot of what was in that game to Mario Kart in a way, so I don't think that will be happening for MANY years, if at all.
Also, Metroid is bound to happen. It won't be Prime though. They said 3 would be the last one in Prime. It will still have the same story, but it probably won't have the same gameplay.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

JunkosBoobies

I wish you people would stop saying bad things about Nintendo.
If you don't like Nintendo,Then Get off this website.

Discord: JunkosBoobies#5379
Backloggery
MAL
DeviantArt
Avatar: Junko Enoshima (Danganronpa)

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing | Twitter:

Peach64

I think in a month or two, we'll all look back on this and be glad there are some solid Wii U exclusive games on the way, but right now, most people probably feel disappointed. We were expecting to be blown away, but Nintendo played it about as safe as they could. Super Mario 3D World and Donkey Kong Country: Jungle Freeze will probably both be great, but not as exciting as we wanted.

I think Kotaku hit the nail on the head, when everyone is chiming in to say Nintendo should go 3rd party, it's surprising they could not have made a weaker case for needing their own hardware to make games. Mario World and Donkey Kong just duplicate the TV on the gamepad, and Mario Kart uses the gamepad as a horn. Considering how well Mario Galaxy made use of the unique controls of the Wii, Super Mario 3D world sort of looks like a quick and cheap stop gap game. I'm sure it will be great, but it's not gonna be a milestone game like 64 or Galaxy, is it? And that's what we were all expecting.

Edited on by Peach64

Peach64

Ryno

Peach64 wrote:

I think Kotaku hit the nail on the head, when everyone is chiming in to say Nintendo should go 3rd party, it's surprising they could not have made a weaker case for needing their own hardware to make games. Mario World and Donkey Kong just duplicate the TV on the gamepad, and Mario Kart uses the gamepad as a horn. Considering how well Mario Galaxy made use of the unique controls of the Wii, Super Mario 3D world sort of looks like a quick and cheap stop game. I'm sure it will be great, but it's not gonna be a milestone game like 64 or Galaxy, is it? And that's what we were all expecting.

A great point. Maybe that helps explain some of my disappointment. I was expecting to be blown away at least a little. I mean, sure, the games look cool but doubt there was a whole lot that persuade the PS4 future owners to supplement their video gaming hobby with a Wii U as well

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Drawdler

Well, just because you didn't want 3D World, that alone doesn't mean that it will nessicarily be a bad game. I agree that I don't want this to be what every 3D Mario game will be from now on, and I would like to see more innovation and a wide world in the next Mario title as well, but that doesn't mean that we can't enjoy 3D World. And if it doesn't appeal to you, simple: don't buy it. I think that more cause for worry would be if the next Mario game on the next console was also 3D Land-esque because then the 3D Mario games would turn out like New Super Mario Bros.: fun, quality titles- that are too safe. I'm not saying that you have to worship this game because Ninty are making it, but isn't it nicer to have an open mind about things? I can understand that you've been waiting for a wider Mario game similar to 64, because I've wanted one for years myself now. But gaming companies are not there just to give us what we want. Quite frankly, I'm more upset that we saw no Metroid or Star Fox during the conference(sans obligatory Smash Bros.), and I don't know how the Internet is angrier about 3D World.

(Sorry if I offend anyone with this post, just getting a bit fed up with some backlash I've seen. I'm not trying to generalise a group of people or anything, I just need to get this off of my chest...)

Edited on by Drawdler

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

Oscarsome

Like many, many people here, 3D Mario was a total disappointment. We were all expecting that SM64, SS, SG type of news and instead got a sequel. A sequel of a 3DS game. 3D Land was great, because it took advantage of the 3D (hence the name) and it was a nice little bite size pieces of 3D stages. They should have continued the series on the 3DS. However, they chose to go to the Wii U. Why? I don't understand. I don't see anything super "amazing" about 3D World. It looks like New Super Mario Bros, honestly, only with 3D stages. I'm tired of this "Woo! Now you can play with your family and friends!" No. I want an amazing first player experience. I don't want a 3D Mario to be made with the intention to be a game used in parties. 3D Mario's are supposed to wonderful first player experiences.

Ahh, well. I just can't defend Nintendo anymore. I guess from now on it's just gonna be copy and paste type of games. DK and 3D Mario are great examples of that. Guess Bayonetta 2 will be the only Nintendo-only title to offer something new for the system in the next two years. Woo....

Is this a signature?

Nintendo Network ID: Oscarsome

NintySince96

Nibelilt wrote:

Well, just because you didn't want 3D World, that alone doesn't mean that it will nessicarily be a bad game. I agree that I don't want this to be what every 3D Mario game will be from now on, and I would like to see more innovation and a wide world in the next Mario title as well, but that doesn't mean that we can't enjoy 3D World. And if it doesn't appeal to you, simple: don't buy it. I think that more cause for worry would be if the next Mario game on the next console was also 3D Land-esque because then the 3D Mario games would turn out like New Super Mario Bros.: fun, quality titles- that are too safe. I'm not saying that you have to worship this game because Ninty are making it, but isn't it nicer to have an open mind about things? I can understand that you've been waiting for a wider Mario game similar to 64, because I've wanted one for years myself now. But gaming companies are not there just to give us what we want. Quite frankly, I'm more upset that we saw no Metroid or Star Fox during the conference(sans obligatory Smash Bros.), and I don't know how the Internet is angrier about 3D World.

We're more angry because a good 3D Mario is supposed to be something reliable that we can always count on. Starfox and Metroid come and go. And honestly I gave up on another Starfox a long time ago.

NintySince96

Peach64

Like I said, it's all about expectations. I know I'll buy it, pretty sure I'll really like it too. I'm disappointed there was no Metroid or Star Fox, but those were always hopes. They told us a 3D Mario was coming, so we were expecting something along the lines of previous console 3D Mario games. I think if maybe they'd said back in January, look, we know you need games, so we're going to be bringing the Super Mario 3D Land series onto Wii U, sort of like we did for New Super Mario Bros, then people would probably have reacted very positively to what they showed, because it does look fun.

Peach64

Oscarsome

Nibelilt wrote:

(Sorry if I offend anyone with this post, just getting a bit fed up with some backlash I've seen. I'm not trying to generalise a group of people or anything, I just need to get this off of my chest...)

But they should be showing us things that we want. We are the ones that support them. They are being too safe by releasing a sequel as their 3D Mario game and continuing the DK series (especially so soon). Where's the "wow" and "ahh"? All I see is the same over and over.

Is this a signature?

Nintendo Network ID: Oscarsome

Linky_97

where can i watch the Developer Interviews that are supposed to be live right now?

Wii U online games:
Injustice Gods Among Us, Ninja Gaiden 3: Razors Edge, Assassin's Creed III, Tekken Tag Team Tournament 2 Wii U Edition and Trine 2: Directors Cut
3DS Online games:
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Tell me if you want to play :)

3DS Friend Code: 0387-8763-9592 | Nintendo Network ID: Linky97

SCRAPPER392

@Nibelilt
I agree on that last part. I truly believed Starfox or F-Zero would have shown up by now.
As for Smash Bros, Mario Kart, and X... I'm looking forward to those now.
There's still tons of games that are coming out by the end of the year that people ae waiting for, and once those hit, that's probably when they'll start having directs to show more of Mario Kart and Smash.
There's alot to talk about, IMO. I can't even bring up every game available in this single post, and that's only including Nintendo games.

Qwest

SCRAPPER392

@Nibelilt
I agree on that last part. I truly believed Starfox or F-Zero would have shown up by now.
As for Smash Bros, Mario Kart, and X... I'm looking forward to those now.
There's still tons of games that are coming out by the end of the year that people ae waiting for, and once those hit, that's probably when they'll start having directs to show more of Mario Kart and Smash.
There's alot to talk about, IMO. I can't even bring up every game available in this single post, and that's only including Nintendo games.

Qwest

DualWielding

I personally like the super mario 3D land style more than the other console 3d marios, but that's because I'm a fan of 2D mario and super mario 3D land was the first game to recreate the real 2D mario feel on 3D.... With that said, I don't think it was a wise business move, I mean the Super Mario 3D Land format appeals to the same people that like New Super Mario Bros and likely the same people that like the new Donkey Kong Country and Yarn Yoshi..... while an open world 3D Mario appeals to other type of gamers...... so basically you have 4 games for people who like 2D platformers and none for people who like 3D open world games which is a bad move in terms of convincing additional people to buy the thing

PSN: Fertheseeker

LordGeovanni

Okay, there is a LOT of negativity in this thread. I am 23 years old. I have played Nintendo since I was 4. I STILL think that this was a good show. Lets look:

SSB - In development. Duh.
Wii Party / Wii Fit U - delayed. Good. Make it a great game. And out by Christmas. What you already promised today.
Mario 3D World. Like the cat suit. Game seems great.
Zelda WWHD Out by Christmas.
Pikmin 3 - out soon
Donkey Kong - Out this year.

Why are so many people asking for a remake of SM64? I hated that game. Give me a new SM over a remake any day. This has levels that I have never played. And even more new concepts. Yeah I am disappointed in no Super Mario Galaxy 3, but I will get over it.

LordGeovanni

3DS Friend Code: 3480-3148-7918 | Nintendo Network ID: LordGeovanni

NintySince96

LordGeovanni wrote:

Okay, there is a LOT of negativity in this thread. I am 23 years old. I have played Nintendo since I was 4. I STILL think that this was a good show. Lets look:

SSB - In development. Duh.
Wii Party / Wii Fit U - delayed. Good. Make it a great game. And out by Christmas. What you already promised today.
Mario 3D World. Like the cat suit. Game seems great.
Zelda WWHD Out by Christmas.
Pikmin 3 - out soon
Donkey Kong - Out this year.

Why are so many people asking for a remake of SM64? I hated that game. Give me a new SM over a remake any day. This has levels that I have never played. And even more new concepts. Yeah I am disappointed in no Super Mario Galaxy 3, but I will get over it.

You're 23 and you hate Mario 64!? Nothing was more epic in the mid 90s than turning on your new console, hearing, "It's'a me, Mario!" Then seeing that 3d model of Mario's face pop up on screen and hearing that cool little remix of the Mario theme. Just revolutionary.

NintySince96

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.