Forums

Topic: Is that direct all nintendos doing for e3

Posts 141 to 160 of 191

shingi_70

Untitled

Dayum

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

TysonOfTime

Haha, I doubt anyone would take much offense from a parody account though.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

Snagrio

Sony_70 wrote:

Untitled

Dayum

Come to think of it, these console wars anymore are almost worse then real politics. Almost.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

RR529

I'll admit that I was somewhat dissatisfied, but that's more because I only have a 3DS, and it didn't get much love.

It's understandable, as Wii U needs the hype, but I was dissapointed that apparently not even A Link Between Worlds was important enough to be mentioned. Looking forward to Smash Bros though

Any word on 3rd party releases for 3DS? So far, the upcoming selection seems pretty paltry (this fall/winter, just the Pac-Man platformer, a Batman Arkham side game, and Lost World, which will probably play second fiddle to the Wii U game...). I thought the 3DS would be getting better support by this time.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

ThePirateCaptain

In terms of third party support, I'm definitely going to get Rayman Legends, Batman Arkham City Origins, and Sonic Lost World, but nothing else really interests me. That's excluding the indie eShop games though, as a bunch of those looked fantastic.

Edited on by ThePirateCaptain

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

One-Winged-Pit

RR529 wrote:

I'll admit that I was somewhat dissatisfied, but that's more because I only have a 3DS, and it didn't get much love.

It's understandable, as Wii U needs the hype, but I was dissapointed that apparently not even A Link Between Worlds was important enough to be mentioned. Looking forward to Smash Bros though

Any word on 3rd party releases for 3DS? So far, the upcoming selection seems pretty paltry (this fall/winter, just the Pac-Man platformer, a Batman Arkham side game, and Lost World, which will probably play second fiddle to the Wii U game...). I thought the 3DS would be getting better support by this time.

Yeah 3DS has had plenty of hype already that it like owns the year so WiiU needs some attention but they still did not show anything new, the could have won the year if they announce some remake of the Earthbound games.

"You've GOT to be joking! ALL YOU GODS AND ALL YOUR STUPID WARS ARE THE ONES THROWING EVERYTHING OFF BALANCE!!"
3DS Friend Code: 4296-2987-2154

fortius54

The games Nintendo showed were nice, and we know they will play great. However, it was somewhat a blah outing in my opinion. I think the same can be said for the PS4 as well. Maybe this is what should be expected now in this instant Information Age. Both Sony and Nintendo had revealed the vast majority of there titles at least by name prior to the show. I really think this E3 will be remembered as the year Microsoft blew it. I very well expect something else from Nintendo in the coming weeks. I think they have solidified the fact that they will do their own thing when it comes to releasing information. The only thing I ask is they not mention the new hairstyle for Bayonetta. It really isn't that important.😄

Edited on by fortius54

fortius54

Nintendo Network ID: mitchell_rsvl

Oscarsome

Suicune wrote:

I was actually pretty psyched when I saw the New Super Mario World. I mean, 4 player 3D Mario hasn't been done before and Princess Peach is playable! Then I saw the internet reaction and was shocked.

I'm also kind of relieved it's not another Super Mario Galaxy. I owned both of them at a point in time, but never really LOVED them. I also didn't like Sunshine and was never able to beat SM64 even though i've had it for years.

In fact, the only thing that disappointed me was the new Donkey Kong, even with the spectacular return of Dixie Kong.

Lolz, the fact that you call it "New Super Mario World" is a great indication of where that series is going.

Is this a signature?

Nintendo Network ID: Oscarsome

skywake

Suicune wrote:

I was actually pretty psyched when I saw the New Super Mario World. I mean, 4 player 3D Mario hasn't been done before and Princess Peach is playable! Then I saw the internet reaction and was shocked.

In fact, the only thing that disappointed me was the new Donkey Kong, even with the spectacular return of Dixie Kong.

You know what I think is kinda interesting. There was a tweet yesterday after all the conferences were done from a feminist gamer. Fairly well spread and it got a pretty disgusting reaction. Basically she pointed out that in the big conferences they had shown there were no female protagonists. Admittedly by that point I think there was the Rayman Legends character and Mirrors Edge 2 but it was still pretty thin. Hours of show and of the 20+ games only two female characters.

Then there was Nintendo. Of the ten or so games shown from Nintendo there were quite a few with playable female characters. 3D World, Bayonetta 2, Donkey Kong and Smash Bros made quite a point about their inclusion. DK has Dixie, 3D World has Peach, Smash Bros has the Wii Fit trainer and Bayonetta 2 is Bayonetta 2. I don't know, I just think it's interesting that at E3 Nintendo is so different in that regard this year.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

MAB

@Wavehead Ghouls & Goblins has a tighty whitey wearin' sword tosser knight

MAB

OptometristLime

WaveBoy wrote:

I truly hate the state of the gaming industry, if it weren't for nintendo i'd quit right now.

A ray of hope exists from the direction of indie developers and Kickstarter projects. Most immediately it allows savvy investors and sideline beneficiaries, to have quality content delivered - even tailored to their expectations. That kind of direct feedback from consumers is tremendously powerful, but it's a diluted voice in a larger mill of publishers and big name titles clamoring for attention. Amidst all the fracas the core enthusiast is set adrift, wishing for a simpler time, and being blamed all the while for the failures of the industry.

For those developers who are willing to listen and change with the times, perhaps demand for specific Kickstarter projects will help tune the future strings of the industry.

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

MAB

WaveBoy wrote:

MadAussieBloke wrote:

@Wavehead Ghouls & Goblins has a tighty whitey wearin' sword tosser knight

But he's also a cartoon, and not of the uuber realistic Lord of the rings medieval knight variety. They'll probably turn G & G into the next dark souls..And seriously WHAT in the hell happened to Power stone?outside of Nintendo, the gaming industry is getting bleaker and bleaker.

Untitled

MAB

RR529

@WaveBoy, while I wasn't that impressed with the MS conference, I don't get where you get the idea that all the games they showed were realistic & drab.

Max & the Curse of Brotherhood (XBLA), Sunset Overdrive (One), Killer Instinct (One), D4 (One), Crimson Dragon (One), Project Spark (One), and Below (One) were all colorful games.

I'm not saying the games will end up being any good, but they don't fit the generalization you've been throwing around (heck, Crimson Dragon is even a Kinect controlled game).

As for Sony, outside of the indies you mentioned, they had Kingdom Hearts III (PS4), Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix (PS3), Final Fantasy XV (PS4), Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD (PS3/Vita), and Knack (PS4).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

MAB

Yeah but there is nothing that really jumps out at you and says 'buy me' amongst that lineup

MAB

SyntheticPerson

Nibelilt wrote:

Well, just because you didn't want 3D World, that alone doesn't mean that it will nessicarily be a bad game. I agree that I don't want this to be what every 3D Mario game will be from now on, and I would like to see more innovation and a wide world in the next Mario title as well, but that doesn't mean that we can't enjoy 3D World.

I agree with this. I think that the reveal was slightly underwhelming, as I expected a 3D hub-based Mario game, but it could still be great. I am willing to give it a shot and hope to be impressed by what it is; although I hope they release another [different] Mario game in a year or so.

The other games (including the indie titles) were largely impressive, but I hope Nintendo / Retro announce more stuff later in the week. particularly for stuff that will be on the system before Xmas.

SyntheticPerson

Monkeyofthefunk

I really expected more but gotta say that 101, MK8, Mario 3D, Bayonetta 2, Splinter Cell, Watchdogs, Rayman Legends and the rest isn't a bad line up for the last 5 months of the year. I hope there is more to come and it's about time Ninty brought back some classics that have been crying out for a remix. F-Zero, 1080, Metroid, Jet Force Gemini, Chrono Trigger, Zombie's ate my neighbours and many more classic Nintendo games. It's all good releasing Mario, MK, Zelda, DK updates but we need something else in there as well.

Monkeyofthefunk

KeeperBvK

Monkeyofthefunk wrote:

I really expected more but gotta say that 101, MK8, Mario 3D, Bayonetta 2, Splinter Cell, Watchdogs, Rayman Legends and the rest isn't a bad line up for the last 5 months of the year.

MK 8 and Bayonetta 2 are coming next year, though.

KeeperBvK

Monkeyofthefunk

Just remembered that MK8 is out next year.

Monkeyofthefunk

Monkeyofthefunk

I forgot about those. Looks like it's another barren 5 months for us poor Wii U owners. Looks like there will be more launch titles for PS4 than we will be getting all year long.
I've got a bad feeling that Wii U will fail this year and be gone by the new year. Since E3 the amount of Wii U consoles on eBay has jumped up, you can get an 8gb second hand for £130!! It's only been out for 6 7 months!! Our local shops, Game, HMV, Tesco, Asda and the rest have about 5 games on their shelves (Tesco has 2).
There's more space taken up by the boxes advertising Xbox One & PS4 than there is Wii U stuff.

Monkeyofthefunk

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.