Forums

Topic: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze - OT

Posts 441 to 460 of 1,203

Dark-Luigi

Yeah, I too agree that I love that we're fighting animals again. The tikis felt very lame and out of place IMO. I also for some reason want the final boss to be like the amazing SM3DW: creative and epic.

The Green Thunder Strikes Like Lightning!
My Intro. <- Made it mysel...

Switch Friend Code: SW-0430-1213-7546 | 3DS Friend Code: 0516-7864-0671 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkGreenThunder

JonnyKong

I hope the final boss isn't as difficult as it was on Returns

I could never beat him and felt like a total loser.

Nintendo ID: jonnylolface

Booboos35

This is going to be the best 2D platformer in years. So hype for the 21st. Every clip of the music and gameplay is just god like.

The King Of Strong Style

nomarkreviewer

Hey folks, currently playing through DK:TF for review. This is my first DK game, but I need some assistance from more experienced fans of the franchise. Some of the levels on the world map are locked out and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas how they are unlocked. There doesn't appear to be any info in the game on how to do it. As the paths to them only branch off from specific levels, I thought maybe you may need to collect all the jigsaw pieces from those specific levels in order to unlock the path, but then I've got no idea what collecting all the jigsaw pieces would do on the levels that weren't connected to this locked out levels.

Thoughts and suggestions welcomed!

nomarkreviewer

JonnyKong

I just assumed some levels have secret exits maybe?

I asked in here a few days back what do the jigsaw pieces give you, but nobody answered

Nintendo ID: jonnylolface

Blast

Now that I have a Wii U... I can actually get this game

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Jazzer94

JonnyKong wrote:

I hope the final boss isn't as difficult as it was on Returns

I could never beat him and felt like a total loser.

I had the opposite experience and found the final boss stupidly easy but world 8 really hard.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Rezalack

JonnyKong wrote:

I just assumed some levels have secret exits maybe?

I asked in here a few days back what do the jigsaw pieces give you, but nobody answered

I'm pretty sure you just unlock art in the image gallery, nothing too great.

Rezalack

Nintendo Network ID: Spuratis

UGXwolf

nomarkreviewer wrote:

Hey folks, currently playing through DK:TF for review. This is my first DK game, but I need some assistance from more experienced fans of the franchise. Some of the levels on the world map are locked out and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas how they are unlocked. There doesn't appear to be any info in the game on how to do it. As the paths to them only branch off from specific levels, I thought maybe you may need to collect all the jigsaw pieces from those specific levels in order to unlock the path, but then I've got no idea what collecting all the jigsaw pieces would do on the levels that weren't connected to this locked out levels.

Thoughts and suggestions welcomed!

I warn before you read on, my post does contain spoilers. I don't know how to do a spoiler tag, so I suggest skipping this post, if one doesn't appear.

If it's anything like DKCR, some hidden levels require you to obtain all the KONG letters from all the levels in the world. While we've seen footage, and there are some hidden exits in the game. For instance, the rocket barrel level in World 4 has a secret exit beneath the finish barrel, but requires you to have Dixie as your partner to reach it due to a heavy water stream keeping you away from the secret exit.

There were also levels in DKCR that required keys for you to access them. These were obtained in the item shop. (No spoiler tag, as this is immediately evident to anyone playing the first game.) It's quite possible that if there are no keys in the item shop, one may be obtained by finding it in the level.

One thing's for sure, this game's gonna be a completionist's wet dream.

Oh, and @JohnnyKong and @Spuratis Yes, the puzzle pieces unlocked art from the developers.

Edited on by UGXwolf

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

nomarkreviewer

I'll look out for keys in the shop and in the levels. If they're in the levels, they're exceedingly well hidden, but thanks for the tip.

If anyone has any questions about the game so far, I'm happy to try and answer some, although I can't say too much for obvious reasons. I've only reached the Island 2 boss currently, which either speaks to the challenge of the game, my lack of time with it so far or my lack of ability.

Edited on by nomarkreviewer

nomarkreviewer

jump

nomarkreviewer wrote:

I'll look out for keys in the shop and in the levels. If they're in the levels, they're exceedingly well hidden, but thanks for the tip.

If anyone has any questions about the game so far, I'm happy to try and answer some, although I can't say too much for obvious reasons. I've only reached the Island 2 boss currently, which either speaks to the challenge of the game, my lack of time with it so far or my lack of ability.

I take it the game is just like the last one where it's on a higher difficulty level than say New Super Mario Bros?

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

nomarkreviewer

There are some levels that definitely stand out for their difficulty and I assume it may ramp up as I progress further into the game. I think fans will find a lot of additional difficulty in collecting everything as there's definitely added challenge there. Only one level has made me want to toss the controller across the room so far. Level 2-2 if I remember correctly.

nomarkreviewer

CThrash13

The commercial looks very nice! It's hard to believe the game is finally almost here, lol.

CThrash13

Twitter:

UGXwolf

arronishere wrote:

nomarkreviewer wrote:

I take it the game is just like the last one where it's on a higher difficulty level than say New Super Mario Bros?

DKC has always been harder than Mario. Suddenly changing it up and making it easier than a 2D Mario platformer would be insulting to the series.

nomarkreviewer wrote:

I hope you didn't miss the tip in my spoiler. We know for a fact that at least one of the levels in the game has a secret exit, as found by GameXplain and confirmed by the Nintendo rep playing with them. (Those guys find secrets like nobody's business. Even, when they're not trying to!)

nomarkreviewer

Managed to unlock the first locked level. Key wasn't needed, neither was completing KONG. Can't say anything more, but thanks for the assistance, it definitely helped. Also, my skills really need polishing up. The 2nd island boss was sheer frustration..

Edited on by nomarkreviewer

nomarkreviewer

cpm

I'm looking forward to this game.

cpm

3DS Friend Code: 4012-3492-9863 | Nintendo Network ID: cpm001 | Twitter:

LucinaSmash

My prediction of my impression with the game. Is it a good game? Yes. Is it a good Wii U experience? Absolutely not.

For the best Wii U HD experience, Mad Catz Wii Component Cable in 1080p

Kyloctopus

I really expected 4-Player Co-op in this game. After all, there are 4 playable characters. I don't think that matters too much though.

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

UGXwolf

Kyloctopus wrote:

I really expected 4-Player Co-op in this game. After all, there are 4 playable characters. I don't think that matters too much though.

Eh, I feel like this game benefits most from a two-player experience, even ignoring the partner system. It just seems most fun for 1 or 2 players, so I don't think 4-player was ever on the table. But who knows?

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.