Wii U Forum

Topic: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Showing 1,201 to 1,220 of 1,324

AuthorMessage

cookiex

1,201. Posted:

^Love that one especially. Gives you the feeling that you've been through a long and epic journey, and now at last you're in the home stretch to victory.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

AuthorMessage

Guitardude7

1,202. Posted:

I got this game on Friday and let me just say, my expectations were blown out of the water. I went in thinking this would just be a fun little distraction for me. Boy was I wrong. This isn't just one of the best Wii U games out there, it's one of the finest 2D platformers I've ever played. The beautiful graphics, the music, the level design, the flow and every little detail comes together to make an experience that's just sublime. I've only been playing it for 3 days and I'm already at World 5. This isn't because the game is easy, it's because I literally can't put the controller down. It's just so freaking good.

I'm also a fan of the difficulty. it's just right. I think Donkey Kong Country Returns was just unfairly difficult. There were so many wiimote-throwing moments in that game and the rocket barrel levels were absolute garbage. In this game however, the difficulty is perfectly paced and always fair. There's never a cheap death and the rocket and minecart levels have been significantly improved with the two hit leniency. It's just a perfect and well paced experience. I love every bit of it.

Guitardude7

3DS Friend Code: 4983-5439-2641 | Nintendo Network ID: Guitardude7

AuthorMessage

Miss_Dark

1,203. Posted:

Guitardude7 wrote:

I got this game on Friday and let me just say, my expectations were blown out of the water. I went in thinking this would just be a fun little distraction for me. Boy was I wrong. This isn't just one of the best Wii U games out there, it's one of the finest 2D platformers I've ever played. The beautiful graphics, the music, the level design, the flow and every little detail comes together to make an experience that's just sublime. I've only been playing it for 3 days and I'm already at World 5. This isn't because the game is easy, it's because I literally can't put the controller down. It's just so freaking good.

I'm also a fan of the difficulty. it's just right. I think Donkey Kong Country Returns was just unfairly difficult. There were so many wiimote-throwing moments in that game and the rocket barrel levels were absolute garbage. In this game however, the difficulty is perfectly paced and always fair. There's never a cheap death and the rocket and minecart levels have been significantly improved with the two hit leniency. It's just a perfect and well paced experience. I love every bit of it.

I agree, the difficulty level is just fine for me and ppl who like it tougher will have fun during the hard mode and time attacks. The minecart levels are imo the best, they are so.. creative. High tide ride was just spectacular imo.

"Il y a un adage qui dit qu'on fait du mal à ceux qu'on aime, mais il oublie de dire qu'on aime ceux qui nous font du mal."

Wii U name: Miss_Dark feel free to add me (but let me know who you are @ NL)
DS code: 1177 8262 3599 Please add me! ^^ (and let me know your code so I can add you too!)

AuthorMessage

mr_shanetastic

1,204. Posted:

this game is definitely special. In the underwater level (believe 4-1) my son stopped and said this music is amazing. We've been playing together and love the challenge.

It's hard in a fun video game way that I haven't seen in too long, beautiful soundtrack, great looking.

Nintendo Network- ekmentertainment

AuthorMessage

Datasun_7

1,205. Posted:

Guitardude7 wrote:

Couldn't agree more. along with rayman origins its my favourite platformers Ive played in a lon long time

Looking forward to: Far cry 4, infamous first light, bayo 2, sm4sh and Lbp3
Playing: Mario kart 8, infamous second son, tomb raider definitive and MH3U

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1379-1446 | Nintendo Network ID: Datasun_7

AuthorMessage

PloXyZeRO

1,206. Posted:

I've never played a DKC game before....but I got this yesterday and it reminds me of Rayman Legends. I haven't played much yet but it seems like it's pretty fun. I hope it gets difficult later on! I love challenging platformers

Edited on by PloXyZeRO

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter: ContraParadox

AuthorMessage

L-ouie

1,207. Posted:

The NA Wii U owners had spoken base on the current All User Ratings chart:

A Link to the Past > Super Mario 3D World > The Wind Waker HD > DKC Tropical Freeze > Earthbound

at least Tropical Freeze is better than Rayman Legends

hype train destinations: Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros, E3

AuthorMessage

JonnyKong

1,208. Posted:

I haven't played this game for a week because I treat myself to a new Vita slim so I was on that, now I'm just trying to finish this off.

Trying to get all the KONG pieces on world 6 is going to cause me an aneurysm. I've still only completed one of the K levels. I still can't beat the final boss. I'm generally just rubbish. But dammit I will keep trying!

Nintendo ID: jonnylolface

AuthorMessage

rumple88

1,209. Posted:

I'm on island 4 been playing for a few days and I'm wondering if I need to unlock the leader board/speed run mode. I can't find either.

Edited on by rumple88

rumple88

AuthorMessage

Riwdo

1,210. Posted:

rumple88 wrote:

I'm on island 4 been playing for a few days and I'm wondering if I need to unlock the leader board/speed run mode. I can't find either.

You unlock the time attack mode after completing the level once, I think.

Riwdo

AuthorMessage

Dave24

1,211. Posted:

Riwdo wrote:

rumple88 wrote:

You unlock the time attack mode after completing the level once, I think.

Yes, you unlock it after beating the stage.

I was expecting nothing from this game - just decent platformer that I will play from time to time and maybe beat it or not, like Return. I bought it because of the price not expecting much... As soon as the first cutscene showed up I was impressed, and as the game begun my jaw dropped - oh my God. Before the release, I though that whole attention to detail and fur was pointless, but when the game started it looks awesome. It is the same old DKC game, but with improved controls (pro controller FTW instead of remote) and the music... In DKCR it was ok to me, but I can't remember anything from it. Now in TF... It's beautiful. It's pure joy and fun and this game is worth getting for the OST alone.
And, in my opinion of course, this game is much more forgiving than DKCR - you can stack up on 99 lives fast, without trying I've got to the limit in W2-2. It's not by any means easy, but it doesn't feel cheap (well, ok, maybe except jumping off enemies ;))

It is not better than SM3DW - it is not in the same category, but for what it is, it's the best 2D platformer I played in YEARS. I'm more than happy that I've got this game.

Dave24

AuthorMessage

UGXwolf

1,212. Posted:

Lol. Of course LttP has a high rating. People are so blinded by nostalgia, they forgot there were any flaws at all. XD (Don't get me wrong, it's a great game by all measures, but comparing a VC game to a physical disk is silly, because nostalgia WILL factor in. Often times from users that loved the game, in the first place.)

I COME UPON THEE WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY FROM THAT OF THE SMASH FANDOM! ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS SHALT BE MET WITH ALL OF MINE RAGE... until I do something else. No sense in being grumpy.

What a horrible night for a curse...

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

1,213. Posted:

Since you're probably likely to not ever get a game over unless you are really terrible at this game, here's what the game over screen looks like.
Untitled

Rise and shine with the Captain!
Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

Captain_Toad

1,214. Posted:

DestinyMan wrote:

Since you're probably likely to not ever get a game over unless you are really terrible at this game, here's what the game over screen looks like.
Untitled

Yikes!

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack.....it's important.
Toadloggery and a Youtube Channel
Retro Clue!
Games are games ppl. Enjoy 'em.
Captain Toad 4 Smash!
I gave in to darkness to have this bio.
Net neutrality is dead. Pls use revive.
Bad day? listen to this.

3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

AuthorMessage

Dark-Luigi

1,215. Posted:

@DestinyMan Even though this is a tame game an it's supposed to be clean, I have I say that's...kinda creepy...I like it!

The Green Thunder Strikes Like Lightning!
My Intro. <- Made it myself!
My Bio. <- Created by True Hero!
The Luigiloggery <- Take a visit and leave a comment if you want.
"Don't expect mouth to mouth!" -Waluigi.
Super Mario awesomeness and here too. <- Glad to be a Mario fan.
Darkness is a thing I adore the most, it's in my blood.

3DS Friend Code: 0516-7864-0671 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkGreenThunder

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

1,216. Posted:

Yeah, I think it's safe to say I'll never get a game over. I still haven't finished World 1 and I have over 50 lives :D

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

MasterWario

1,217. Posted:

CapnPancakes wrote:

Yeah, I think it's safe to say I'll never get a game over. I still haven't finished World 1 and I have over 50 lives :D

I think I had 99 at the end of like, level 1-4...something crazy like that.

Been thinking lately, that Shulk would actually make a really good Smash Bros. character. (Still would rather have King K. Rool though)
My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery
Bogmire sprite by A.J. Nitro

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371

AuthorMessage

Henmii

1,218. Posted:

I noticed Monster Games during the credits! Does this mean that they worked on the game so they can bring it easily to the 3DS? What do you guys think?

By the way: Am I the only one who is dissapointed that this game has much LESS levels then Returns! The game should have had just as much, or even more levels!

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

AuthorMessage

UGXwolf

1,219. Posted:

Henmii wrote:

I noticed Monster Games during the credits! Does this mean that they worked on the game so they can bring it easily to the 3DS? What do you guys think?

By the way: Am I the only one who is dissapointed that this game has much LESS levels then Returns! The game should have had just as much, or even more levels!

Don't know what to say about Monster games, but honestly, no, I'm not disappointed about the number of levels, as they're also much longer levels. There's actually more content than in DKCR, and a "Hard Mode" to keep the challenge going.

I COME UPON THEE WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY FROM THAT OF THE SMASH FANDOM! ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS SHALT BE MET WITH ALL OF MINE RAGE... until I do something else. No sense in being grumpy.

AuthorMessage

UGXwolf

1,220. Posted:

DestinyMan wrote:

Untitled

Did this come from WiiRikeToPray's channel? Because I cannot even imagine how you'd run out of lives, otherwise. They had Spence killing himself ever few seconds. That's the only reason they ever got a game over. @__@ This game may be a tad too generous with the lives. They lose all meaning, when you never drop below 80.