Forums

Topic: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze - OT

Posts 461 to 480 of 1,203

nomarkreviewer

SkywardL wrote:

My prediction of my impression with the game. Is it a good game? Yes. Is it a good Wii U experience? Absolutely not.

What would make it a good Wii U experience?

nomarkreviewer

nomarkreviewer

JonnyKong wrote:

Do you know when the embargo lifts for this game?

Not sure on the rules regarding disclosing details of the embargo (silly I know), but you will see reviews in advance of it's release date.

nomarkreviewer

UGXwolf

JonnyKong wrote:

@nomarkreviewer

Do you know when the embargo lifts for this game?

Assume the day before launch. If it's any sooner, you'll be pleasantly surprised, and if it's any later, you'll be too busy playing the game to care. (Obviously nomarkreviewer already implied it would be reviewed before launch, but that's a given, anyways.)

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Big_L91

i think we can all guess what the reviews are gunna entail on this one anyway.

put it on.

cookiex

DestinyMan wrote:

Famitsu gave Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze 9/8/9/9.

35/40. Better than Returns, which only scored 32/40.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

ThePirateCaptain

Nice to see this game get some appreciation. Regardless of the critical reception however, I know I'm going to absolutely love this game.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Rezalack

I wonder when other gaming sites will post their reviews. It seems like they posted A Link Between Worlds and SMB3DW pretty early.. hopefully we can expect this to come early as well.

Rezalack

Nintendo Network ID: Spuratis

JonnyKong

Damn it Destinyman, always coming in to post news before me haha.

I read over on Neogaf that the German Gamespot awarded the game 86%. Their two main negatives were "the mine cart levels are too trial and error" and "the pointless Kung Pow move".

Nintendo ID: jonnylolface

Rezalack

JonnyKong wrote:

Damn it Destinyman, always coming in to post news before me haha.

I read over on Neogaf that the German Gamespot awarded the game 86%. Their two main negatives were "the mine cart levels are too trial and error" and "the pointless Kung Pow move".

I hate seeing stupid negatives like that. Trial and error, really? A lot of things can be considered trial and error. Of course the cart levels are going to be that way or they wouldn't be challenging. The Kung Pow thing (I'm assuming the end of a boss fight) is kind of pointless.. but a negative? I really wonder how much points they knocked off because of these things.

I preordered this game from Newegg for $44.99 and free shipping.. but I'm seriously considering cancelling that and going to pick it up morning of release at Best Buy. Shipping makes the wait that much more intolerable and especially with the weather we've been having recently.. could make it worse. Hmm.. save $5.00 or spend it to have the game earliar.. decisions decisions. >_<

Edited on by Rezalack

Rezalack

Nintendo Network ID: Spuratis

JonnyKong

I think they mean that move where the Kongs join up and wipe out all the enemies on the screen, but I don't have an issue with the move personally.

Nintendo ID: jonnylolface

ThePirateCaptain

Yeah it's pointless, but it's not like it's really required to beat the game (to my knowledge), so why count it as a negative?

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

cookiex

Here's hoping eShop will have a midnight release for this (they had it for Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and Fire Emblem, so why not this?), then I can immediately purchase it and have the game downloaded and ready by morning.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex

LucinaSmash

Reason why I'm not buying DK Country Tropical Freeze, Sakurai's HD Donkey Kong design from Smash Bros Nintendo Direct trailers is more impressive than Retro's final product.

For the best Wii U HD experience, Mad Catz Wii Component Cable in 1080p

cookiex

SkywardL wrote:

Reason why I'm not buying DK Country Tropical Freeze, Sakurai's HD Donkey Kong design from Smash Bros Nintendo Direct trailers is more impressive than Retro's final product.

I have no idea on how to respond to such reasoning (if serious).

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex

CThrash13

This game is easily one of the best-looking Wii U games to date, so to base your purchase decision on how DK looks is absurd. This game looks fantastic, and I'm sure it plays even better. An 86 is still a great score by any definition, and I'm sure there will be much more of the same from other outlets. Most of the negatives will probably be based around how hard the game is. It's silly, but I'm expecting it to happen some.

My son and I have been going through DKC Returns on 3DS the past couple weeks, and we're addicted. That game is a blast, and we are both excited for Tropical Freeze. It's been near the top of my list the last few months, and it will be the first game we get when we buy a Wii U soon.

CThrash13

Twitter:

LucinaSmash

I know my statement of deciding not to get the game is controversial. It's not the graphics that I'm turn off. I never did end up getting Returns despite of how gorgeous it was for a Wii title because I'm not impressive of the platforming. The gameplay is slower than the original SNES trilogy.

Edited on by LucinaSmash

For the best Wii U HD experience, Mad Catz Wii Component Cable in 1080p

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.