Wii U Forum

Topic: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Showing 461 to 480 of 1,324

AuthorMessage

Spuratis

461. Posted:

JonnyKong wrote:

Aw man I hated the levels where you rode the rocket barrel thing, really hoped they wouldn't make a return.

Though they were a huge PITA to get all the KONG letters.. I loved the challenge. I did get pretty mad at the last one of those levels in DKCR though. You'll burn through lives pretty quickly.

Also.. this game will allow use of the Pro Controller and Gamepad, correct? I don't think I could get used to the "shaking controller to roll" scheme.

Spuratis

AuthorMessage

Doobie

462. Posted:

I thought the rocket barrel levels were awesome. Give me more of them!. Do some vertical rocket barrel levels and more mine carts!!

Doobie

3DS Friend Code: 3609-1731-2248

AuthorMessage

Emaan

463. Posted:

This game looks gorgeous I can't handle it.

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

464. Posted:

Doobie wrote:

I thought the rocket barrel levels were awesome. Give me more of them!. Do some vertical rocket barrel levels and more mine carts!!

I agree. They're very hard, but very fun. I also loved the vertical rocket barrel levels too.

Rise and shine with the Captain!
Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

luisesteban

465. Posted:

In facebook Nintendo says:

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze for Wii U will feature robust online leaderboards to track all your best times running, swinging and barrel-blasting through the game’s numerous levels. You can compete with friends and players around the world, and even upload videos of your fastest runs. The leaderboards will feature times, medal rankings, which Kong partner you played with and a heart icon that indicates if you beat the level without taking damage.

That thing of uploading videos of your better fast runs sounds very nice.

luisesteban

AuthorMessage

cookiex

466. Posted:

Spuratis wrote:

Also.. this game will allow use of the Pro Controller and Gamepad, correct? I don't think I could get used to the "shaking controller to roll" scheme.

Gamepad and Pro Controller are both confirmed.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

AuthorMessage

Spanjard

467. Posted:

Wow, those new screenshots look absolutely beautiful. I was first thinking of waiting with this game, but now I don't think I can hehe.

Nice one Retro!

Edited on by Spanjard

Spanjard

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

468. Posted:

Untitled
A mysterious image of the Kong family has appeared online recently showing the return of dioramas from Returns in Tropical Freeze. However, what makes it interesting is that besides Cranky Kong and Funky Kong obviously being hidden, that still leaves the last three spots being kept secret. The menu appears to have animal buddies be part of the family, so could Squawks get his own diorama? Could Enguarde be in the game after all? Or are Candy Kong, Lanky Kong, and Tiny Kong really in the game?
Their names do appear on a leaderboard.
Untitled

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

469. Posted:

Untitled
Turns out the Shield item I was questioning earlier is the Crash Guard for Mine Cart & Rocket Barrel levels, allowing said vehicles to take on one more hit.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by True_Hero.
My YouTube Channel
Lucina confirmed for Smash Bros.!

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AuthorMessage

JonnyKong

470. Posted:

Yay for a Lanky Kong appearance :D

I can dream..

Nintendo ID: jonnylolface

AuthorMessage

Spuratis

471. Posted:

I think they put them on the leaderboard just to mess with us. I'm betting the bottom row of that Kong family roster is at least one other animal buddy.. hopefully Enguarde. I'd like to believe they'll have secret characters..

Spuratis

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

472. Posted:

The Kongs actually walk around on the world map rather than have an icon float over it like before. This is more faithful to the original Donkey Kong Country trilogy.

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

473. Posted:

DestinyMan wrote:

The Kongs actually walk around on the world map rather than have an icon float over it like before. This is more faithful to the original Donkey Kong Country trilogy.

So it's like 3D World where we're gonna be sold by a more interesting overworld? Because I'm bizarrely ok with that.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

JonnyKong

474. Posted:

There's a video of world 3-1 here which obviously don't watch if you don't want to be spoiled, but it's a great snippet of the David Wise music coming our way.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7FeUx5nffM

Nintendo ID: jonnylolface

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

475. Posted:

You know I get that this game isn't gonna save the Wii U or whatever but why does Donkey Kong Country somehow not matter apparently? Like, it's being consider as (unfairly) irrelevant for mainstream gaming as Pikmin 3 and I'm like...no? It sold 5 million copies in like 4-5 months on Wii, it was one of the best selling games on SNES period and put Rareware on the track to being one of the most popular developers of the entire 90s and just the 3d remake of Returns is what put 3DS at it's now fairly consistent number 1 spot in America (yes, not Luigi's Mansion, not New Leaf, DKCR).

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

arronishere

476. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

You know I get that this game isn't gonna save the Wii U or whatever but why does Donkey Kong Country somehow not matter apparently? Like, it's being consider as (unfairly) irrelevant for mainstream gaming as Pikmin 3 and I'm like...no? It sold 5 million copies in like 4-5 months on Wii, it was one of the best selling games on SNES period and put Rareware on the track to being one of the most popular developers of the entire 90s and just the 3d remake of Returns is what put 3DS at it's now fairly consistent number 1 spot in America (yes, not Luigi's Mansion, not New Leaf, DKCR).

#

Yeah Donkey Kong is a big brand but I think it's taken less seriously as it's still in 2D and people think of the blockbuster titles as 3D games. In the UK I'm seeing pre-order bonuses including Game giving you a free keyring (which I want!) so the people that sell games are least taking it seriously.

arronishere

3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

AuthorMessage

UGXwolf

477. Posted:

Watching GameXplain, I've seen a few things. First, the music is incredible, second, the shop items aren't surprising (both points being seen above), and third, there are a lovely myriad of out-of-game references to be found in the DKC world, including Funky Kong saying "It's dangerous to go alone" over the shield item in the shop, and Samus's ship being visible in the background of one of the deep jungle levels in the game.

I COME UPON THEE WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY FROM THAT OF THE SMASH FANDOM! ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS SHALT BE MET WITH ALL OF MINE RAGE... until I do something else. No sense in being grumpy.

What a horrible night for a curse...

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

478. Posted:

Untitled
Notice the gumball machine? You can get a random character figurine from that. The figurines in this game sound like the equivalent to the trophies in the Super Smash Bros. series.

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

arronishere

479. Posted:

These camoes and refrences I'm hearing are actually making me want the game even more.

arronishere

3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

AuthorMessage

cookiex

480. Posted:

I know the red balloons give extra lives, but what do the green and blue balloons do?

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador