Forums

Topic: Does anyone feel Iwata might actually resign?

Posts 101 to 120 of 125

shingi_70

SCAR392 wrote:

@Sony_70
No one's down playing smartglass at all. Chances are, that if there are so many tablets 'out in the wild', then those same people would have an Xbox, too, right? Then there should be more than just 8,000 users.
Either way, most consumers won't buy another device to compliment their current device unless they actually know that it improves anything.
The Wii U already has half the features a tablet would bring(another purchase), plus the 3DS option for crossplay if that's the way things go.

There are probably more than 8000 users that's just the number of people who reviewed the app..Again you don' have to worry about consumers potentially buying a tablet since more tablets are sold each year than life time sales of both the 3DS and Wii U.

Its not a matter of people. The Wii U doesn't really add any benefit when the populous are buying tablets anyway. Smartglass also makes it easier to get into the Microsoft/xbox ecosystem versus buying a Wii U/3DS.

Stillcan't go wrong with either system or way In my mind. Both have their pluses and cons and variety is the spice of life.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

shingi_70

ClassicJetterz wrote:

Does anyone remember the Virtual Boy? Any other company would have fired EVERYONE. I think things will be fine.

Gunpei Yokai left Nintendo after the Virtual Boy disaster and that was even taking into account the Game and Watch and Gameboy platforms were his brainchilds and he worked on a ton of software for them as well.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

shingi_70

Tainy wrote:

@SCAR392 I think it's important to keep that history in it's full context. Let's not forget that Sony's first two PlayStations dominated their console cycles. People were expecting the PlayStation 3 to do so well, not just because it was a nice machine, but also because they were used to Sony being at the forefront.

Sony made two mistakes with the PlayStation 3 that cost them: price and architecture. The thing was simply too expensive. It was just more than what most people were willing to consider. Just as bad was the fact that the CPU and RAM allotment was a pain for developers to work with. Sure, there was a lot of potential in the hardware, but the CPU was almost alien to some developers, and having to juggle 256MB of RAM and VRAM was challenging.

Sony seems to have learned both of those lessons with the PlayStation 4. They seem to be talking a lot about "ease of development" and "affordability" which shows that Sony understands their own mistakes.

Also, it seems you're making a few incorrect and ungrounded assumptions in terms of multitasking. All the data so far suggests that the PlayStation 4 will leave the vast majority of the hardware to run games. The operating system, if designed intelligently, does not have to be so taxing. Just look at smartphones and all they can do as proof of that. I also question the Wii U's ability to multitask as you suggest. It's struggling pretty bad right now as things are. Plus, multitasking is not really that much of a desire for games consoles. There are some nice things they can do in the background, but you can only physically use them for so many things at a time.

Sony_70 wrote:

smartglass has over 8000 users on ios (at least those who reviewed the app), and around 13,000 downloads on android. Its also re installed on every windows 8/phone machine.

Those are some pretty bad numbers considering how many Xbox users there are.

\actually those numbers are pretty high considering this is an add-on released in the fall of the last real year of the xbox 360 and was obviously a proto type to get this type pf thinking out. This is more akin to if the last year of the wii the Vitality sensor had came out and sold 8000 units.

You also have to take into consideration this platform has only been out since October so the numbers are pretty dcent. Going forward every major Microsoft Studios game (and in the future all of them) will have smartglass support and Major developers have already pledged support as well as Microsoft had sessions at GDC on how to utilize this.

Plus the next iteration of the app most likely expanded for Durango (360 smartglass is extermly limited by the 360's hardware) is being worked on according to a linked in posting.

http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidpuerto

WAT!

Cheaptrick

Innovation is what's going to propel the next generation consoles. The Wii U might already be the winner in this next gen console war. It's just impossible for Sony to copy the Nintendo Gamepad innovation without the PS Vita out of the box. It's too costly for casual gamers. The Xbox 720 lacks real innovation. It's IlumiRoom feature is nothing but a hype. It's Smartglass feature can't duplicate the Gamepad & its assymetrical gameplay. It's a failure out of the box. In the coming months we'll be seeing more & more games that will show the true potential of the Gamepad as we've seen on the new Splinter Cell Youtube video.

LzQuacker wrote:

I always wondered what the point of 8 GB of ram is. Probably for a bunch of useless stuff. Typical Sony

There's a lot. Seemless gameplay, less trottling & freeze up are few of the benefits of more RAM. You can play & record games without a problem. Better multitasking &/or running multiple applications without trottling. Applications load faster. You'll be able to download stuff in the background while playing, etc.

Sony_70 wrote:

From the rumors specs Microsoft is going a good medium with better epsces than the Wii U but arguably worse specs than the PS4.

Couple of days ago, people from Nvidia was quoted saying that "The PS4 is more powerful that the Xbox 720." It's not much though but only slightly. Some wondered where Nvidia got the information as both PS4 & Xbox 720 will not be using Nvidia GPUs but ATI GPUs. Anyway, the PS4 is more powerful that the Xbox 720 but it not that significant.

Proof that he should resign...

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-04-22/nintendo-ceo-seen-mi...

Nintendo Co. President Satoru Iwata has pledged that the “Super Mario” game creator will post a 100 billion-yen ($1 billion) operating profit this fiscal year as new software titles boost sales. Analysts say he’ll fail.

“Iwata hasn’t produced good results in recent years,” said Hideki Yasuda, a Tokyo-based analyst at Ace Securities Co. in Tokyo. “He can’t avoid being criticized.”

“He has been one step behind in some strategic points,” said Eiji Maeda, an analyst at SMBC Nikko Securities Inc. “Contents are important to increase game fans. But Nintendo couldn’t provide game titles.”

This CEO is a failure on every form. He can cry to gain sympathy but he can't escape the failure.

http://www.p4rgaming.com/nintendo-president-satoru-iwata-brea...

Edited on by theblackdragon

SCRAPPER392

Well, whatever, Nintendo can do what they want. Iwata already has tons of money anyway. I'm not really sure who would be fit to replace anyone, anyway.

@Cheaptrick
I'm sure if it really matters that much, they will find a different person. Apparently every CEO isn't relevant after a certain ammount of time. Apple is still around without Steve Jobs and
sport teams get new coaches and players all the time.
As far as I'm concerned, he's been a good CEO to fans for getting us 3DS and Wii U. Those are the biggest consoles out for alot of people right now(3DS more so, but I like Wii U).

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

OptometristLime

Who are you trying to convince?

Iwata is responsible for his company's high's and lows whether they are his fault or not. But you are suggesting that problems will be solved by his departure, when in fact many other factors combine to form the current picture. In fact it could be argued that some leaders, even highly respected ones, have risen to acclaim and legend on the back of ideal circumstances and a favorable climate. The leadership style you seem to favor calls for a CEO to risk their career on bullish notions, which is quite frankly a disrespectful approach for a company and country that cherishes history and tradition. I would argue that Iwata is taking what he (and the company, presumably) think is the right course to navigate a treacherous economy and a historically nasty attitude of third parties towards Nintendo.

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

Cheaptrick

SCAR392 wrote:

@Cheaptrick
I'm sure if it really matters that much, they will find a different person. Apparently every CEO isn't relevant after a certain ammount of time. Apple is still around without Steve Jobs

LOL, look at Apple now without Steve Jobs. Samsung is eating most of its stock numbers. Samsung just launched the Galaxy Note 8.0 (which hopefully I might be getting tomorrow) & by all accounts better than the Ipad Mini. The Galaxy S4 will launch soon & I'm sure it will dominate the sells. Apple is not what it used to be with Steve Jobs. Tim Cook missed a lot of oppurtunities against Samsung. Samsung now is poist to get the number 1 spot.

Optimist_Prime wrote:

But you are suggesting that problems will be solved by his departure, when in fact many other factors combine to form the current picture.

Yes I do...

Swedishdolphin

Iwata isn't the problem, Nintendo's marketing department is.

Swedishdolphin

PokeTune

Swedishdolphin wrote:

Iwata isn't the problem, Nintendo's marketing department is.

Which in turn reflects Iwata for not fixing the problem(s).

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/CrossFactorComms/about
Nintendo Network ID: DarkGamerX
Xbox Gamertag: DarkGameMasterX

Awaiting:

Kingdom Hearts 3
Mirror's Edge 2
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Rare Replay
Xenoblade Chronicles X

Nintendo Network ID: DarkGamerX

LzWinky

Cheaptrick wrote:

Proof that he should resign...

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-04-22/nintendo-ceo-seen-mi...

Nintendo Co. President Satoru Iwata has pledged that the “Super Mario” game creator will post a 100 billion-yen ($1 billion) operating profit this fiscal year as new software titles boost sales. Analysts say he’ll fail.

“Iwata hasn’t produced good results in recent years,” said Hideki Yasuda, a Tokyo-based analyst at Ace Securities Co. in Tokyo. “He can’t avoid being criticized.”

“He has been one step behind in some strategic points,” said Eiji Maeda, an analyst at SMBC Nikko Securities Inc. “Contents are important to increase game fans. But Nintendo couldn’t provide game titles.”

This CEO is a failure on every form. He can cry to gain sympathy but he can't escape the failure.

http://www.p4rgaming.com/nintendo-president-satoru-iwata-brea...

Proof is from analysts that say he will fail. Your evidence is getting weaker by the post...

And you're also posting a fake story. Consider yourself off my radar

Edited on by LzWinky

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

kkslider5552000

I think I'll use this thread as a reminder that there is no hope for humanity.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

LzWinky

Cheaptrick wrote:

Grow up & face the facts kiddo. It's all over the news this Tuesday.

I'm growing up and reading that now he's ALSO CEO of Nintendo of America. Looks like he's not going anywhere

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Klimbatize

Cheaptrick wrote:

Oops.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

AbeVigoda

Japanese people come from a very honourable culture where shaming ones family and 'losing face' is one of the worst things you can do. I bet if the Wii-U still hasn't caught on by January 2014, Iwata will step down as to avoid embarrassing his family even further.

April 9th, 2013: The day nintendolife.com became thuglife.com
ATTICA!! ATTICA!! ATTICA!!
I AM THE ROSA PARKS OF NINTENDOLIFE
"You don't need a link to a website as proof all the time. It's called research. If no one ever did research, you wouldn't even have l...

Happy_Mask

AbeVigoda wrote:

Japanese people come from a very honourable culture where shaming ones family and 'losing face' is one of the worst things you can do. I bet if the Wii-U still hasn't caught on by January 2014, Iwata will step down as to avoid embarrassing his family even further.

I don't even need to dignify this with a response, this is just troll bait.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AbeVigoda

Happy_Mask wrote:

AbeVigoda wrote:

I don't even need to dignify this with a response, this is just troll bait.

But...you just did.....

Nothing I said in that statement is factually untrue. I've travelled extensively throughout the Orient and know of what I speak.

April 9th, 2013: The day nintendolife.com became thuglife.com
ATTICA!! ATTICA!! ATTICA!!
I AM THE ROSA PARKS OF NINTENDOLIFE
"You don't need a link to a website as proof all the time. It's called research. If no one ever did research, you wouldn't even have l...

LzWinky

Cheaptrick wrote:

LzQuacker wrote:

Cheaptrick wrote:

I'm growing up and reading that now he's ALSO CEO of Nintendo of America. Looks like he's not going anywhere

LOL, you have a myopic view of business restructuring.

I'm not even sure what you are talking about anymore...nor do I care. Enjoy your inflated sense of business knowledge

DefHalan

AbeVigoda wrote:

Actually you may have a point, I just think the timeline will be longer. It would be bad timing to step down right after your competition releases their new thing.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.