Forums

Topic: Does anyone feel Iwata might actually resign?

Posts 121 to 125 of 125

AbeVigoda

DefHalan wrote:

AbeVigoda wrote:

Japanese people come from a very honourable culture where shaming ones family and 'losing face' is one of the worst things you can do. I bet if the Wii-U still hasn't caught on by January 2014, Iwata will step down as to avoid embarrassing his family even further.

Actually you may have a point, I just think the timeline will be longer. It would be bad timing to step down right after your competition releases their new thing.

Hopefully Iwata takes it easy and doesn't Karōshi himself.

April 9th, 2013: The day nintendolife.com became thuglife.com
ATTICA!! ATTICA!! ATTICA!!
I AM THE ROSA PARKS OF NINTENDOLIFE
"You don't need a link to a website as proof all the time. It's called research. If no one ever did research, you wouldn't even have l...

LzWinky

I'm sure Nintendo has some big games this summer and fall. I just wish they had some sort of Plan B for the spring when all of this happened...

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Cheaptrick

AbeVigoda wrote:

Japanese people come from a very honourable culture where shaming ones family and 'losing face' is one of the worst things you can do. I bet if the Wii-U still hasn't caught on by January 2014, Iwata will step down as to avoid embarrassing his family even further.

That's what I thought so. Though talking about Iwata getting fired I don't think this is going to happen. Japanese had this Bushido honor code. They rather resign than get fired eventually.

Edited on by Cheaptrick

Jack_Package

Is this conversation still happening? Iwata is now chairing the Executive Board of NoA.

It looks to me that, given the news that Iwata (sic) has turned round a loss of 43bn yen to a profit of 7.1bn yen over the last fiscal year, he's now tasked with increasing the American market share.

Jack_Package

gavn64

Towels wrote:

Is this conversation still happening? Iwata is now chairing the Executive Board of NoA.

It looks to me that, given the news that Iwata (sic) has turned round a loss of 43bn yen to a profit of 7.1bn yen over the last fiscal year, he's now tasked with increasing the American market share.

ye see certain people on here are facinated with somehow starting a kickstarter to get Iwata fired, but you are right he has turned the corner and has rode out the storm but alas financial sense sometimes eludes certain people Iwata FTW.

gavn64

3DS Friend Code: 4897-6082-1828 | Nintendo Network ID: GavnL89

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.