Forums

Topic: Devil's Third - OT

Posts 181 to 200 of 490

ReBirFh

I believe Itagaki and his team put all their efforts on this game but if you consider all the time it was in development + what was show at E3 and the fact it already received a classification doesn't fill me with hope that all the shortcomings were dealt with, I hope I'm wrong.

ReBirFh

Blast

ReBirFh wrote:

I believe Itagaki and his team put all their efforts on this game but if you consider all the time it was in development + what was show at E3 and the fact it already received a classification doesn't fill me with hope that all the shortcomings were dealt with, I hope I'm wrong.

Remember how rough Hyrule Warriors looked when it was first shown? Haahah look at it now... I think Devil's 3rd will turn out fine, man. Its gonna be incredibly underrated. I can already feel it.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Dreamsleep

Blast wrote:

ReBirFh wrote:

Remember how rough Hyrule Warriors looked when it was first shown? Haahah look at it now... I think Devil's 3rd will turn out fine, man. Its gonna be incredibly underrated. I can already feel it.

I hope it's good. I'm sure it will be a short single player, but maybe the multiplayer will be fun. I'm not really feeling Splatoon.

Atari 2600, Commodore 64/128, Sega Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, PC, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Wii, PSP, DSi, PS3, 3DSXL, WiiU

MsJubilee

Blast wrote:

ReBirFh wrote:

Hyrule Warriors still looks rough,you should'ave said Bayonetta 2 then Hyrule warriors.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

shingi_70

This game looks terrible from a graphical standpoint. The footage shown looks bad for a 360 game, so hopefully this past year has done some wonders.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Taffy

I was actually hoping for some footage on this in the last direct... And Star Fox :-/

Nintendo Network ID: sgt.taffy
Currently playing - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Blast

You hear that, ladies and gentlemen? Devil's 3rd is gonna be yet another awesome underrated exclusive. This has Bayonetta 2 written all over it.

Itagaki sounds like he really enjoys working with Nintendo. I'm glad there's some Japanese developers whose hanging around Nintendo. Just buy his studio, Nintendo.

Master of the Hype Train

Dreamsleep

I agree, and I just enjoy that they pick and choose these zany Japanese-centric games to fund as exclusives. I mean I don't really like exclusives, but it comes with the territory on consoles. I hope they fund more this way, and do not stop, due to poor sales. And, I hope the next exclusive is an RPG...

Atari 2600, Commodore 64/128, Sega Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, PC, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Wii, PSP, DSi, PS3, 3DSXL, WiiU

cookiex

In case you for some reason thought the game wouldn't be released in Europe:

Untitled

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Blast

cookiex wrote:

In case you for some reason thought the game wouldn't be released in Europe:

Untitled

Hahahaha nice

Master of the Hype Train

jump

I can't remember the build up to Bayonetta 2 but am I right in thinking Nintendo gave out more information/updates throughout Bayonetta's development than Devil Third is currently getting?

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

unrandomsam

Do they have a policy of not officially doing anything with 18 games ? (I know in the UK Bayonetta 2 was 15).

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

Xilef

arronishere wrote:

I can't remember the build up to Bayonetta 2 but am I right in thinking Nintendo gave out more information/updates throughout Bayonetta's development than Devil Third is currently getting?

Well a large portion of the game has already been done when they worked for THQ. And with all do respect to Itagaki and his team, Bayo 2 was a HUGE deal, which is probably why we got so many uppdates on it, plus it started work under Nintendo.

No worries tough, we'll probably get more info closer to release.

Xilef

Blast

Xilef wrote:

arronishere wrote:

Well a large portion of the game has already been done when they worked for THQ. And with all do respect to Itagaki and his team, Bayo 2 was a HUGE deal, which is probably why we got so many uppdates on it, plus it started work under Nintendo.

No worries tough, we'll probably get more info closer to release.

Yeah... Devil's 3rd does need more spotlight and E3 oughta start it.

Master of the Hype Train

hobthebob

Devil's third trailer tries too hard to be badass and "mature". They stuffed every teenager's idea of cool into a two minute trailer: Cursing, sexy lady, angry black dude, killing, and then when you thought you had seen it all, they're like "oh yeah, we forgot!" BAM alcohol too.

This game looks almost as bad as duke nukem forever imo.

Edit- at least theyre appealing to ps4 and xbone players now, though. Buh

Edited on by hobthebob

hobthebob

CanisWolfred

It's a Japanese Homage to American Blockbuster movies, combined with some fun-looking sword and gunplay in the gameplay department. That's pretty cool in my book. Vanquished was the same way, and while a lot of people didn't get the joke, at least it was an incredibly fun game.

Also, it's Itagaki. His stories are stupid as hell, but that never stops them from some of the best action games out there.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Blast

CanisWolfred wrote:

It's a Japanese Homage to American Blockbuster movies, combined with some fun-looking sword and gunplay in the gameplay department. That's pretty cool in my book. Vanquished was the same way, and while a lot of people didn't get the joke, at least it was an incredibly fun game.

THANK YOU. shakes your hand in respect

Master of the Hype Train

hobthebob

Yeah, I guess I'm just not a fan of games like this. Homage to low brow b-list is still low brow b-list.

However ill give it to you that it looks fun, albeit all done before nothing new fun.

Edited on by hobthebob

hobthebob

CaviarMeths

Itagaki is about the only non-Platinum employee who actually knows how to make a character action game, so I have no doubt that the gameplay will be solid, even if I feel like a loser playing it.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

CanisWolfred

hobthebob wrote:

Yeah, I guess I'm just not a fan of games like this. Homage to low brow b-list is still low brow b-list.

However ill give it to you that it looks fun, albeit all done before nothing new fun.

And To be fair yet again, it's "nothing new" because it's a refinement of a style that Itagaki greatly helped to create...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.