Forums

Topic: Devil's Third - OT

Posts 201 to 220 of 490

kkslider5552000

Yeah, I would trust him more than most to make a good action game. Which is the main reason I'm excited for this.

though it is kinda shame that modern Ninja Gaiden is so meh-to-bad in storytelling, considering how significant Ninja Gaiden NES's story was back in the day.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

FX102A

All this talk about Vanquish makes me wish Nintendo will pay for the development of Vanquish 2 on Wii U, just like they did on Bayonetta 2.

Although the PS & Xbox Fanboys are sure to come out screaming yet again (which could be fun to watch!).

FX102A

crimsoncavalier

I'm really trying to get into this game, but currently I can't. I understand that Itagaki makes a mean action fighting game, but ... I don't know. I really hope the game turns out great, and I will get it if it does, but for right now the other games coming out this year are looking a lot more interesting to me than this.

crimsoncavalier

Nintendo Network ID: CrimsonCavalier

CanisWolfred

Really hoping to see more at E3. A release date would certainly be nice as well, though unless it releases in September, I don't think I could afford it during the usually-crowded holiday season...but September is usually Call of Duty season. Not that they're in direct competition, but any possible hype for this game would be lost in the sea of "This Call of Duty is slightly better than the last one maybe!!!" Would be nice if the multiplayer lasted more than 6 weeks, you know?

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

TromboneGamer

CanisWolfred wrote:

Really hoping to see more at E3. A release date would certainly be nice as well, though unless it releases in September, I don't think I could afford it during the usually-crouded holiday season...but September is usually Call of Duty season. Not that they're in direct competition, but any possible hype for this game would be lost in the sea of "This Call of Duty is slightly better than the last one maybe!!!" Would be nice if the multiplayer lasted more than 6 weeks, you know?

I share this sentiment.

My Twitch

3DS Friend Code: 5412-9902-3413 | Nintendo Network ID: TromboneGamer | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

Whitewatermoose wrote:

I kinda wish the game was revamped to have a strong local and multiplayer focus. If the game had a single player Crackdown open world style focus with small destructible maps, and multiplayer. That would be an extremely promising game for Wii U.

In other words, you want them to stop making the game they've been making for over 3 or 4 years, and make a different game? Why?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

MsJubilee

Whitewatermoose wrote:

I kinda wish the game was revamped to have a strong local and multiplayer focus. If the game had a single player Crackdown open world style focus with small destructible maps, and multiplayer. That would be an extremely promising game for Wii U.

It doesn't look promising already?

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

erv

I am very curious about this one as well. We might be in for e few surprises this e3 - but I doubt the concept has changed much, just perfected and lots of polish.

Which is a good thing, if you ask me.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Grumblevolcano

CanisWolfred wrote:

Really hoping to see more at E3. A release date would certainly be nice as well, though unless it releases in September, I don't think I could afford it during the usually-crowded holiday season...but September is usually Call of Duty season. Not that they're in direct competition, but any possible hype for this game would be lost in the sea of "This Call of Duty is slightly better than the last one maybe!!!" Would be nice if the multiplayer lasted more than 6 weeks, you know?

Don't forget about Halo 5 the week before, maybe also new Gears of War. Devil's Third releasing in the Bayonetta 2 slot this year would be a death wish for that game with Halo 5 on October 27th and Black Ops 3 on November 6th.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NinjaWaddleDee

hobthebob wrote:

Devil's third trailer tries too hard to be badass and "mature". They stuffed every teenager's idea of cool into a two minute trailer: Cursing, sexy lady, angry black dude, killing, and then when you thought you had seen it all, they're like "oh yeah, we forgot!" BAM alcohol too.

This game looks almost as bad as duke nukem forever imo.

Edit- at least theyre appealing to ps4 and xbone players now, though. Buh

I didn't get that impression at all. In fact, I think other console players who are "casual" would think Devils Third looks stupid. I got the impression that they were going for a parody of American action movies. I think they know the game looks dumb, but that's the appeal of it. The over the top silliness. I think the story will end up kind of like metal gear solid, as in, very silly, but also touching and serious.

Edited on by NinjaWaddleDee

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

CanisWolfred

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

I think the story will end up kind of like metal gear solid, as in, very silly, but also touching and serious.

That seems to be the goal, at least, judging from a recent interview.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CaviarMeths

I think the only sin they could really commit from a story perspective is taking all of the silly, schlocky stuff dead seriously. It's an 80s B-movie in video game form and as long as they keep that in mind, there's no reason that they can't also tell an emotional, interesting story.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

CanisWolfred

To be fair, the first two Ninja Gaiden games actually did take themselves too seriously despite how crazy they were. It kinda worked in the first game, but it definitely didn't work in the second game...hopefully he's learned...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

TromboneGamer

Excerpt from my failed attempt at a thread yesterday: Devil's third has been on the mind lately and just recently among the aspects i'm concerned about are its popularity and the quality of its multiplayer. Devil's Third being the mature game it is, particularly it's extremely violent and gruesome nature will be a significant wall to overcome in the Wii U market. This has everything to do with its success economically of course, but also very much with the longevity and stability of its multiplayer. This feature of the game most certainly looks the part, offering up a great variety of game modes, weapons, and a wealth of other content, but I fear that one thing or another could hold this game back. On the one hand a lack of sales will make for a small and perhaps inconsistent player base. On the other if the multiplayer has glaring flaws such as being "half-baked" or serious balance issues there will be much disappointment and an uncertain future for Devil's Third as a multiplayer game. What do you guys think? Food for thought at least.

My Twitch

3DS Friend Code: 5412-9902-3413 | Nintendo Network ID: TromboneGamer | Twitter:

shingi_70

I'm still iffy on the actual gameplay but story wise it does look like Miami connection or Metal Gear Solid.

As for the release date honestly it being a Wii U exclusive means that it won't have to really worry about being overshadowed., and the only notable other games coming out at that time are Tomb Raider and the Destiny Expansion. This game has the bigger problem of keeping starching out a niche against Splatoon.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Aozz101x

as i said earlier in the E3 topic

devil's third confirmed for August 2015 in JAP http://gonintendo.com/stories/235428-devil-s-third-new-promo-...
i guess this does confirmed that will see this game at E3 next week

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

conman2012

This looks ridiculously badass awesome. Even him sitting their talking looks the part.

Been looking forward to this since its reveal, hope it comes out before Christmas.

conman2012

Hendesu

I just watched of some of the gameplay. It's nothing than a clone of Call of duty mixed with elements from Assassin creed and DMC.

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

Captain_Toad

I cant help but laugh whenever that sliding maneuver is performed. Reminds me of Vanquish.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

conman2012

Sakurai wrote:

I just watched of some of the gameplay. It's nothing than a clone of Call of duty mixed with elements from Assassin creed and DMC.

So, seeing as the most recent editions of the three cited games are not on WiiU, whats the problem here?

I played Wolfenstein 3D back in the 90's on PC. Hasnt stopped me playing FPS's since.

conman2012

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.