Forums

Topic: Demand Final Fantasy XV on the Wii U

Posts 601 to 620 of 835

CanisWolfred

@Oragami - I don't feel like bring up all the evidence people have provided in this very thread, so I'll just throw this out there: https://www.change.org/petitions/square-enix-into-bringing-fi...

This is a petition made at least 7 months ago asking Square-Enix to port Final Fantasy XV to the Wii U. with only 674 signatures of the 20,000 signatures that they want. Nevermind that 20,000 signatures aren't nearly enough to convince a big company like S-E, nevermind that petitions are empty promises. They can't even get that many people to say they would want it. And that's a big problem.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Janfeae

Hmm, there appears to be some truth in your words. I looked up another powerful Next Gen engine (Unreal Engine 4) and over time, it too became compatible with the WIi U. But to defend Nomura, it certainly doesn't look like the Wii U's maximum potential is common knowledge among developers. To further Square's mindset, take a look at this new article.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/square-enix-talks-1080p-for-...

Another game developed by Square is skipping the Wii U because it "Doesn't fit Square's vision." It's almost a nice way of them saying, I want consumers to experience full HD graphics, and we don't want to spend the amount of money needed to port it to a currently much less successful console. The Wii U has 5.86 million consoles SHIPPED worldwide. The PS4 has 5.3 million SOLD and it just now started selling in Japan less than a month ago. So for a company who really needs to make up for some losses, the Wii U isn't on their radar yet. This holiday season after new E3 reveals and the Smash Bros/Mario Kart effect, you'll see some changes.

They did bring up a point I was going to make. Because of the gamepad, Wii U games are usually special. When developing a Wii U game, you should have that in mind before developing it. Not to instill false hope..but Nomura said he was naturally thinking of utilizing external devices whilst developing XV and KH3. If he ever did, it could "easily" be translated into functions for the Wii U gamepad. (Tablet/Phone=Wii U game pad)

Accurate numbers don't lie good sirs/ ladies. The fact is, Square wants us to experience it's titles on the strongest and best running Machines available. The Xbox One is superior to the Wii U in hardware, but even it takes a hit in frame rate and generates a little lag with games initially developed for the PS4. The Wii U would struggle even more. A little trivia that's borderline useless lol. I know this thread is about XV, but I'll use Kingdom Hearts as an example.

Those of you who have played KH2 know about the Sora Vs. 1,000 heartless battle. Originally, they have planned for Wyrens and Behemoths to participate in the battle, but removed it because this was beyond the scopes of the PS2's capabilities. As you know, the battle still made it in with all 1,000 heartless in tact. It could potentially be a similar case with the Wii U and KH3. While I'm sure it can handle a lot of it, when a lot of things start going on on the screen and in the background, I'm sure gameplay would get choppy and lag a bit, and may even crash based on how crazy they want to get. Even the Xbox One has does this on occasion (not crashed).

Square Enix is a lot like Nintendo. They are not so money oriented when it comes to their projects. They don't care as much if they don't get their game out in the first year or two years of development. They have a vision, and take the time required to create their masterpiece. Franchises like Call of Duty have become all about money, and they are pressed to release them quickly, and game quality takes a hit.

This thread is about XV however and here are the problems you still face. The biggest being development. XV is already fairly far into development. They are casting English Voice actors now as well; Something that happens in the end stages. http://www.ff-xv.net/index.php?page=article&article=Final... Problem number 2 being the
Wii U's install base. A fair amount of the WIi U install base are also either an Xbox One or PS4 owner. Statistics show that the other two are favored over the Wii U when it is a multi-platform game. Porting to something like the Wii U is not simply copy and paste; it is very costly, and in the end not worth it on their end from a financial standpoint. A possible big 3rd issue is the RAM. It is the PS4's 8GB GDDR5 to the Wii U's 2GB DDR3 . This certainly matters in development for a game like this. The reason why it's only a potential reason is because of Nomura's comments on the PS4. The PS4 is so massive, that they literally don't know where to draw the line. They are being forced to drop ideas because they would be too time consuming, because they Osaka team believe the PS4 is "Too Powerful" http://www.khinsider.com/news/Nomura-comments-on-developing-K... . So it's likely the game won't require the full 8GB of course, but a lot of modern games require 4 and above. KH3 is a shot in the dark, but I don't think XV has any hope this far in development.

That is unless it's one of those games that comes out on another console after another. But on launch day? I wouldn't even put the idea in your head :/

Janfeae

SCRAPPER392

CanisWolfred wrote:

@Oragami - I don't feel like bring up all the evidence people have provided in this very thread, so I'll just throw this out there: https://www.change.org/petitions/square-enix-into-bringing-fi...

This is a petition made at least 7 months ago asking Square-Enix to port Final Fantasy XV to the Wii U. with only 674 signatures of the 20,000 signatures that they want. Nevermind that 20,000 signatures aren't nearly enough to convince a big company like S-E, nevermind that petitions are empty promises. They can't even get that many people to say they would want it. And that's a big problem.

No one gives a damn about petitions. Even I haven't signed it, because it doesn't matter.

Also, that DirectX 11 s*** wasn't even ever true. Someone spun the story and alot of fools believed it. They're developing the game based on DX11, but they ultimately port the game based on specs.

Do we seriously have to go over this again?

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

SCRAPPER392

@Janfeae
The fact that you brought up DX11 proves that you don't know what you're talking about. Anyone with literal logic debunked that BS back when FFXV was announced. No ever said it had anything to do with DX11. Some idiot spun the story, and many other fools followed. Apparently you were one of them.

BTW, Soul Suspect is coming out on Xbox 360 and PS3, so you don't know WTF you're talking about by using that as an example for specs.

Qwest

SCRAPPER392

Aviator wrote:

Oragami wrote:

Except I WANT FINAL FANTASY XV! It's not sheer jealousy, I want to play it because it seems like it will be good.

Cool. In the end though, Square Enix is not going to port FFXV to the Wii U because a small handful of people want it.

If you want it so bad, there are options to play it already available.

Well, SE will probably have to sell 40 million copies to break even for the costs of this game, anyway, so even 80 million potential buyers is a handful of people. That's how outrageous the budget is.

EDIT: In otherwords, FFXV will have to sell about as well as Mario Kart Wii did, and no one knows how well this will sell into the generation.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

shingi_70

FFXV tends to be the type of game that for obvious reasons should have been cross gen but I'm glad its not.

It Aldo has to come out this year as far as I'm concerned.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

SCRAPPER392

shingi_70 wrote:

FFXV tends to be the type of game that for obvious reasons should have been cross gen but I'm glad its not.

It Aldo has to come out this year as far as I'm concerned.

It needed to come out like 3 years ago, but that wouldn't make any sense, because FFXIII came out around that time. They messed up pretty bad with this whole ordeal. That doesn't concern Nintendo at all.

Qwest

shingi_70

Well the game should have came out a year or two after XIII. But Square had terrible workflow at the time.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

SCRAPPER392

shingi_70 wrote:

Well the game should have came out a year or two after XIII. But Square had terrible workflow at the time.

So? SE is basically screwed, even if Wii U had a 20 million install base and they ported it to it.

EDIT: That's what you guys are failing to understand. This s*** is already screwed. Even with 100 millon Xbox One and PS4 consoles. This is still screwed, at least as far as statistics go.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

Janfeae

SCAR392 wrote:

@Janfeae
The fact that you brought up DX11 proves that you don't know what you're talking about. Anyone with literal logic debunked that BS back when FFXV was announced. No ever said it had anything to do with DX11. Some idiot spun the story, and many other fools followed. Apparently you were one of them.

BTW, Soul Suspect is coming out on Xbox 360 and PS3, so you don't know WTF you're talking about by using that as an example for specs.

I'm not going to hurl insults at you like you are, but the "idiot" you refer to is Tetsuya Nomura himself; the creator of the game. I was quoting him and in the next post that I posted, I said that I saw that the Wii U can in fact support DirectX 11. I do however know that the Wii U can not handle what a PS4 can. There are games in development that are too powerful and too big for the Wii U. If we go on the premise that with some alterations, the WIi U can handle a game like XV, there are still more problems that I pointed out. To reiterate the post I think you ignored entirely, I'll copy and paste the paragraph. I'm sure you'll have some things to say about it, and if you do, lets try to keep things calm and civilized good sir/ mam.

"This thread is about XV however and here are the problems you still face. The biggest being development. XV is already fairly far into development. They are casting English Voice actors now as well; Something that happens in the end stages. http://www.ff-xv.net/index.php?page=article&article=Final... Problem number 2 being the Wii U's install base. A fair amount of the WIi U install base are also either an Xbox One or PS4 owner. Statistics show that the other two are favored over the Wii U when it is a multi-platform game. Porting to something like the Wii U is not simply copy and paste; it is very costly, and in the end not worth it on their end from a financial standpoint. A possible big 3rd issue is the RAM. It is the PS4's 8GB GDDR5 to the Wii U's 2GB DDR3 . This certainly matters in development for a game like this. The reason why it's only a potential reason is because of Nomura's comments on the PS4. The PS4 is so massive, that they literally don't know where to draw the line. They are being forced to drop ideas because they would be too time consuming, because the Osaka team believes the PS4 is "Too Powerful" http://www.khinsider.com/news/Nomura-comments-on-developing-K... . So it's likely the game won't require the full 8GB of course, but a lot of modern games require 4 and above. KH3 is a shot in the dark, but I don't think XV has any hope this far in development.

There is no debate that XV was originally made for the PS3 and it then moved to the PS4. The Xbox One was an afterthought because of compatibility. The Wii U has the compatibility to an extent, but please don't think it's the same thing as porting it to the Xbox One. With modifications and alterations, I'm sure XV would be possible on the Wii U, but financially speaking, the end profit isn't worth the financial costs for the import. In a hypothetical situation where it exists on all 3 consoles, most players will purchase it on the Wii U's other 2 counterparts.

Janfeae

SCRAPPER392

@Janfeae
Your post is a mess. I'm guessing that you're talking about the costly part? This development budget is already in bizarro land.

I did read you original post, BTW.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

Oragami

CanisWolfred wrote:

Remember when Nintendo dominated the handheld market since the original Game Boy? Oh wait, they still do.

Good point. How about this, remember when the PS3 was supposed to be a failure?

CanisWolfred wrote:

Again, no proof exists on either side of the argument. As for petitions, I never knew about that petition before I started this thread, so that proves it hasn't been marketed very well. And unless a petition is wildly popular (like Operation Rainfall), games would usually sell more than the petition suggested.

Edited on by Oragami

New PS4 owner
Yeah, guitars are cool.

My musical project Comet Tail made a couple of recordings.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0zUoWWO1v4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2evBddvrm2U

Janfeae

SCAR392 wrote:

@Janfeae
Your post is a mess. I'm guessing that you're talking about the costly part? This development budget is already in bizarro land.

Lol, that it is. Even more so if they attempt to add the WIi U to the equation. (And I mean the second one that included me acknowledging that the Wii U can handle things made in DirectX 11 to some degree, and that it appears as though I was wrong.)

To summarize the mess, not in Nomura's plan, very low demand for a Wii U counterpart, financially unreasonable at this given time, would take more effort to port it to Wii U as opposed to Xbox One, demand is very high for the PS4, It's too far into development, game performance would take a hit at certain points, limited space is a potential problem for the Wii U supporting these types of games, and Wii U hardware sales are very unfavorable in comparison to it's two rivals who have been on the market for much less time.

I'm not against you guys at all, but I doubt you'll see square bring over XV, KH3, Triad Wars (Sleeping Dogs 2) and a few other upcoming Square titles with things how they are. This holiday season will cause a boom in Wii U sales (Really just the release of Smash Bros and Mario Kart alone) and maybe then, Nintendo will be on their radar. But right now, this company won't risk such things with things the way they are. Square isn't in trouble, but they're not doing so hot right now as you know. The same goes for Nintendo. From a financial point of view Nintendo can afford to have 2 more generations of "flops" and still not feel the backlash; but the big N isn't doing so good either right now, when it comes to the Wii U anyway.

Janfeae

CaviarMeths

Switching gears, I wonder what this means for FF XVI. Even if XV is a fantastic game and great crowd-pleaser, businesses tend to make decisions on what is commercially viable.

Also, I agree that KH 1.5 and 2.5 on Wii U would probably be a safe enough investment for SE to test the waters.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Mickey

CaviarMeths wrote:

Also, I agree that KH 1.5 and 2.5 on Wii U would probably be a safe enough investment for SE to test the waters.

It'd certainly make me happy! I still need to get into those games!

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

SCRAPPER392

Janfeae wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Janfeae

Lol, that it is. Even more so if they attempt to add the WIi U to the equation. (And I mean the second one that included me acknowledging that the Wii U can handle things made in DirectX 11 to some degree, and that it appears as though I was wrong.)

To summarize the mess, not in Nomura's plan, very low demand for a Wii U counterpart, financially unreasonable at this given time, would take more effort to port it to Wii U as opposed to Xbox One, demand is very high for the PS4, It's too far into development, game performance would take a hit at certain points, limited space is a potential problem for the Wii U supporting these types of games, and Wii U hardware sales are very unfavorable in comparison to it's two rivals who have been on the market for much less time.

If you realize that DX11 is being used to develop the game, and Wii U supports at least the equivalent of that, you wouldn't be saying that performance would suffer. The sales and specs don't matter to an extent, because the ×86 consoles were supported before they even had spec sheets or sales.

Not only that, but there's basically no way to break even or profit from this game, unless there are 100 million consoles from any company and at least half of those people buy FFXV. They probably still won't break even, and there will never be a price cut in order to get all the money they need to make it worth while.

If Wii U isn't considered for a port of FFXV, it will make it that much more harder for this game to be successful.

Qwest

CanisWolfred

MickeyTheGreat wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

It'd certainly make me happy! I still need to get into those games!

Me too. I never finished KH2 (but I saw my bro play the final stage and saw the ending).

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Oragami

CaviarMeths wrote:

Switching gears, I wonder what this means for FF XVI. Even if XV is a fantastic game and great crowd-pleaser, businesses tend to make decisions on what is commercially viable.

I think that unless FFXV is more profitable than Final Fantasy XIII was, FFXVI will be a return to the style of FFIV through FFIX.

New PS4 owner
Yeah, guitars are cool.

My musical project Comet Tail made a couple of recordings.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0zUoWWO1v4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2evBddvrm2U

LzWinky

CaviarMeths wrote:

It depends on how much they are willing to spend on ports. I still express doubt for that much interest in these franchises from Wii U owners (that don't already own a PS3/PS4)

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.