Forums

Topic: Demand Final Fantasy XV on the Wii U

Posts 581 to 600 of 835

LzWinky

Honestly, I've seen far too many instances where internet users will complain about a game that they never played. I mean it's one thing to be hesitant to buy a game due to low expectations, but to complain about it and never buy it anyway?

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Blast

I'm pretty sure most Wii U owners would buy Kingdom Hearts 3 over Final Fantasy XV if they were given the choice.
I'm not throwing shots at FFXV by the way.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

DefHalan

Blast wrote:

I'm pretty sure most Wii U owners would buy Kingdom Hearts 3 over Final Fantasy XV if they were given the choice.

I wish they would port the Kingdom Hearts remakes to Wii U, just to judge how well KH 3 might do on Wii U

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

shingi_70

Isn't the expectation that Wii U owners wouldn't buy them based on past third party game sales. I mean letsbsay you cut the Wii U ownership into a pir

You have the guys who only game on Nintendo platforms which is probably the majority of Wii U owners. Yiuf think they'd buy them but they seem to be all talk.

Guys lime me who's buying a Wii U just for Nintendo games. I wouldn't guy FFXV on it if I also have a PS4 or Xbone.

The family circuit, which KH3 might draw in.

Porting third party games doesn't seem viable. Plus if Squares other studios are any indication it probably won't happen.

I could see a new Super Mario RPG.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Blast

DefHalan wrote:

Blast wrote:

I wish they would port the Kingdom Hearts remakes to Wii U, just to judge how well KH 3 might do on Wii U

@DefHalan EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WISH THEY DID TOO!!!! I don't mean to sound ignorant... but I'm nearly positive KH3 would have more sales on Wii U than it would on Xbox One!!!
The Xbox One isn't even getting the KH remakes... thats sooo dumb. Lol

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Mickey

Unca_Lz wrote:

Honestly, I've seen far too many instances where internet users will complain about a game that they never played. I mean it's one thing to be hesitant to buy a game due to low expectations, but to complain about it and never buy it anyway?

I think it's like if, say, your brother got a coconut ice cream cone. Sure, you may not necessarily like coconut-flavored ice cream, but how come he gets it, but you don't?

Mommy and Daddy knew [or, at the very least, you've given them reason to think that] you wouldn't eat all of it (if any of it), sweetie, so it'd be a waste of money. I'm sorry.

Edited on by Mickey

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

Oragami

CanisWolfred wrote:

Oragami wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Oragami wrote:

PokeTune wrote:

I bet all the people complaining in this thread wouldn't even buy it

I don't think that's true.

Just like there are people who don't think it's true that the world is round.

That's completely different. Like, way, way different.

No, it's the same thing. It's a proven fact whose evidence you're completely ignoring, just like those guys.

Seeing as how Final Fantasy XV hasn't been released on any console, saying the people on here who want it won't buy it cannot possibly be proven, because you cannot see into the future. THAT is a fact you are ignoring.

New PS4 owner
Yeah, guitars are cool.

My musical project Comet Tail made a couple of recordings.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0zUoWWO1v4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2evBddvrm2U

Oragami

Unca_Lz wrote:

I'm confused by your wording. Can you say that in another way?

New PS4 owner
Yeah, guitars are cool.

Oragami

MickeyTheGreat wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

I think it's like if, say, your brother got a coconut ice cream cone. Sure, you may not necessarily like coconut-flavored ice cream, but how come he gets it, but you don't?

Mommy and Daddy knew [or, at the very least, you've given them reason to think that] you wouldn't eat all of it (if any of it), sweetie, so it'd be a waste of money. I'm sorry.

Except I WANT FINAL FANTASY XV! It's not sheer jealousy, I want to play it because it seems like it will be good.

New PS4 owner
Yeah, guitars are cool.

Mickey

@Oragami Yes, you want Final Fantasy XV. You may even buy Final Fantasy XV. Thing is, though, not everyone else does. My ingenious analogy was too ingenious so you didn't get it. I'll explain:

The whiny kid who wants the coconut ice cream accounts for everyone. Not just you. See, you may want it because you want to play it specifically on a Nintendo console/can't fork out the cash for other systems, but other people are (from what I've seen) complaining more because they feel left out than because they genuinely want to buy this 3rd party game. I'm not gonna point any fingers, but it's no secret to anyone that 3rd party games haven't sold well on the Wii U in the past.

Going back to the analogy: Sure, you (and a few hundred others) will buy, which will maybe account for one regular bite and a small bite (finishing the ice cream cone is "Square Enix making a profit" in this analogy). There's still a lot of ice cream left to eat that isn't gonna be eaten, so what's the point in buying that ice cream cone if you (the players) aren't going to finish it? Square Enix isn't about to take pity on Wii U owners and go through the trouble of making the port when they're not gonna make the money back. They're a business, not a charity organization.

PS4 and the Xbox One, on the other hand (PlayStation especially, since that's where most of Final Fantasy is), have larger install bases and more people that can buy (or bite, in this analogy) Square's game. They're the brother in this analogy that'll most likely eat the whole cone since he likes coconut/there're more people (and more fans of the series) to buy the game.

So, again, I'm sorry, but no coconut ice cream for you.

PS: This analogy sucks in hindsight, but, hopefully, you get my point.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

CaviarMeths

It was financially irresponsible of Square Enix to spend 8+ years developing this game and then pretty much scrapping it and starting over on a new console. It's not like building it on the Wii U as well would be the worst business decision they've made with this game. They would lose money on the Wii U, but they stand to lose money on the PS4 and XBO as well, unless by some miracle the number of people who even care about Final Fantasy anymore somehow returns to 1997 levels.

FFVII sales: 9.72mil to an install base of 102mil (9.5% of PS owners)
FFXIII-2 sales: 2.53mil to an install base of 163mil (1.5% of PS3 and XB360 owners)

But yes, it would still be a bad idea to port it to Wii U.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Janfeae

I will attempt to end this right now. Tetsuya Nomura is the person behind Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts 3. This question has been answered months ago. When asked about the Wii U the topic of Direct X11 arose. They are making these games for the PS4, and they are porting it to the Xbox One because it is compatible with Direct X11. The Wii U is not compatible with this.

It is not just a matter of turning down the graphics. It is the rate at what the game runs, and all of what is happening in the background and on screen. The engine they're using is called the luminous engine. The Wii U can not handle all of the gameplay mechanics that are being designed for Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts 3 which run in Direct X11 on the Luminous engine. Like others have stated, they would have to build another game from the ground up, removing vital gameplay mechanics and components. This would not only require much more time and money, but it would not sell nearly as well as the PS4 and Xbox One versions of the game. Financially, a company wouldn't even give it a passing thought; and company's exist to give to the consumer and in turn, make a profit.

In the state it is in, Square Enix stands absolutely nothing to gain by attempting to port it to the Wii U. There is already a colossal amount of money invested in XV, and Square even allowing Nomura to make a different version of the game that is Wii U compatible is completely out of the question. Do you know part of the reason Versus XIII didn't release on the PS3 like it was scheduled too? There are several reasons, but among them was Nomura's vision. The game Nomura envisioned was not possible even on the PS3, so they did exactly what you want them to do now. They were forced to remove one of the biggest gameplay mechanics. The team had trouble utilizing the teleportation technique. If XV had trouble even on the PS3, the Wii U would be no better. As much as I hate to admit, the Wii U just wasn't made for games like this. The 400$ price tag is a bit much for some, but it's very fair considering what you are actually paying for. If the Wii U were stronger, it would cost more to make, which would also mean it too would be more expensive. So while the Wii U is user friendly to a degree, (The Wii U gamepad is part of why sales are so low; lack of games being the top reason of course) It too took a hit for it to be the price it is. Nintendo had to sacrifice some things in order to keep the price tag, and not start losing more money than earned from production costs. I'm sure Nintendo is capable of such feats, but Mom/ Grandma, or Dad/Grampa won't be so quick to go out and buy a 400$ console. So Nintendo did the right thing, but you get what you pay for.

In the short time it's been out, The PS4 has almost sold as many consoles as the Wii U has in it's entire lifetime. With over a year of a head start it's 5.3 million to the Wii U's 5.86. Here in America, at least in the east coast, you can walk into virtually any participating store and see a surplus of Wii U's and a fair amount of Xbox One's. Playstation 4's are still sold out over here, and it's very hard to get a hold of one. The install base by this time next year will likely be close to double, so as much I as would like for Wii U owners to experience XV and KH3, because of the developer's gameplan, the chances of them ever making it to the Wii U as of March 2, 2014 is absolute Zero.

At least Smash Bros and Mario Kart are coming Those are system sellers, and there will be a major increase in sales. Smash Bros is what will get me to buy a Wii U lol I hope this helped in some way.

Janfeae

CaviarMeths

Janfeae wrote:

I will attempt to end this right now. Tetsuya Nomura is the person behind Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts 3. This question has been answered months ago. When asked about the Wii U the topic of Direct X11 arose. They are making these games for the PS4, and they are porting it to the Xbox One because it is compatible with Direct X11. The Wii U is not compatible with this.

This has been debunked. Nomura lied.

If you don't buy that source, feel free to Google 10 more.

While the game could be successful, it's an uphill battle at this point and Nomura's "vision" is potentially costing SE tens of millions of dollars in losses. Hopefully they take that into account in the future.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Aviator

Oragami wrote:

Except I WANT FINAL FANTASY XV! It's not sheer jealousy, I want to play it because it seems like it will be good.

Cool. In the end though, Square Enix is not going to port FFXV to the Wii U because a small handful of people want it.

If you want it so bad, there are options to play it already available.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

CanisWolfred

CaviarMeths wrote:

Janfeae wrote:

This has been debunked. Nomura lied.

If you don't buy that source, feel free to Google 10 more.

While the game could be successful, it's an uphill battle at this point and Nomura's "vision" is potentially costing SE tens of millions of dollars in losses. Hopefully they take that into account in the future.

Except it doesn't say it's DirectX11 compatible, it says it has DirectX11 equivelants. That does not make porting easier, it means they have to rework stuff to do those things using that equivelant, which is definitely more work. And as has been said before, the problem is that it would be extra work and cost them more money when the Wii U install base is too small to justify doing that. Maybe if they decide near the beginning to make Kingdom Hearts 3 for the Wii U, it could work out, and there's still hope there since KH3 won't be in full development until FFXV is out the door, should the Wii U take off in the meantime. It's more than likely too late for FFXV, though. Heck, it was probably too late 5 years ago.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CaviarMeths

CanisWolfred wrote:

Except it doesn't say it's DirectX11 compatible, it says it has DirectX11 equivelants. That does not make porting easier, it means they have to rework stuff to do those things using that equivelant, which is definitely more work. And as has been said before, the problem is that it would be extra work and cost them more money when the Wii U install base is too small to justify doing that. Maybe if they decide near the beginning to make Kingdom Hearts 3 for the Wii U, it could work out, and there's still hope there since KH3 won't be in full development until FFXV is out the door, should the Wii U take off in the meantime. It's more than likely too late for FFXV. Heck, it was probably too late 5 years ago.

The PS4 doesn't use DirectX 11 either, as DX is a Microsoft API. They just use a modded API that is very similar and easy to port. It would definitely be difficult and costly to port FFXV to Wii U. There's no denying that. There's no denying that it's not worth it. I'm just saying that the Wii U can handle it and Nomura was making an excuse.

But every 3rd party is making excuses. Nobody is willing to just say "we don't see the money in it," even though it's the cold, hard truth.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

Jazzer94

CaviarMeths wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Except it doesn't say it's DirectX11 compatible, it says it has DirectX11 equivelants. That does not make porting easier, it means they have to rework stuff to do those things using that equivelant, which is definitely more work. And as has been said before, the problem is that it would be extra work and cost them more money when the Wii U install base is too small to justify doing that. Maybe if they decide near the beginning to make Kingdom Hearts 3 for the Wii U, it could work out, and there's still hope there since KH3 won't be in full development until FFXV is out the door, should the Wii U take off in the meantime. It's more than likely too late for FFXV. Heck, it was probably too late 5 years ago.

The PS4 doesn't use DirectX 11 either, as DX is a Microsoft API. They just use a modded API that is very similar and easy to port. It would definitely be difficult and costly to port FFXV to Wii U. There's no denying that. There's no denying that it's not worth it. I'm just saying that the Wii U can handle it and Nomura was making an excuse.

But every 3rd party is making excuses. Nobody is willing to just say "we don't see the money in it," even though it's the cold, hard truth.

When has it ever been the case that a console or PC that can support DX11 features = any game that uses them will run on said system.

Edited on by Jazzer94

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Oragami

Janfeae wrote:

In the short time it's been out, The PS4 has almost sold as many consoles as the Wii U has in it's entire lifetime. With over a year of a head start it's 5.3 million to the Wii U's 5.86. Here in America, at least in the east coast, you can walk into virtually any participating store and see a surplus of Wii U's and a fair amount of Xbox One's. Playstation 4's are still sold out over here, and it's very hard to get a hold of one. The install base by this time next year will likely be close to double, so as much I as would like for Wii U owners to experience XV and KH3, because of the developer's gameplan, the chances of them ever making it to the Wii U as of March 2, 2014 is absolute Zero.

Remember when the 3DS was a massive failure? Early sales mean very little over a console's lifetime.

New PS4 owner
Yeah, guitars are cool.

Oragami

MickeyTheGreat wrote:

@Oragami Yes, you want Final Fantasy XV. You may even buy Final Fantasy XV. Thing is, though, not everyone else does. My ingenious analogy was too ingenious so you didn't get it. I'll explain:

The whiny kid who wants the coconut ice cream accounts for everyone. Not just you. See, you may want it because you want to play it specifically on a Nintendo console/can't fork out the cash for other systems, but other people are (from what I've seen) complaining more because they feel left out than because they genuinely want to buy this 3rd party game. I'm not gonna point any fingers, but it's no secret to anyone that 3rd party games haven't sold well on the Wii U in the past.

Going back to the analogy: Sure, you (and a few hundred others) will buy, which will maybe account for one regular bite and a small bite (finishing the ice cream cone is "Square Enix making a profit" in this analogy). There's still a lot of ice cream left to eat that isn't gonna be eaten, so what's the point in buying that ice cream cone if you (the players) aren't going to finish it? Square Enix isn't about to take pity on Wii U owners and go through the trouble of making the port when they're not gonna make the money back. They're a business, not a charity organization.

PS4 and the Xbox One, on the other hand (PlayStation especially, since that's where most of Final Fantasy is), have larger install bases and more people that can buy (or bite, in this analogy) Square's game. They're the brother in this analogy that'll most likely eat the whole cone since he likes coconut/there're more people (and more fans of the series) to buy the game.

So, again, I'm sorry, but no coconut ice cream for you.

PS: This analogy sucks in hindsight, but, hopefully, you get my point.

Aviator wrote:

Oragami wrote:

Cool. In the end though, Square Enix is not going to port FFXV to the Wii U because a small handful of people want it.

If you want it so bad, there are options to play it already available.

But the thing is, you have no proof that Final Fantasy XV won't sell well on the Wii U.
Think about it like this, who currently owns a Wii U? Hardcore Nintendo fans. Who bought Final Fantasy games on the DS? Hardcore Nintendo fans (it certainly wasn't the casual crowd). Therefore, how do you know there isn't a market for this game?

New PS4 owner
Yeah, guitars are cool.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.