Wii U Forum

Topic: CVG's Rob Crossley's big Wiiu secret?

Showing 1 to 19 of 19

AuthorMessage
Avatar

gavn64

1. Posted:

CVG editor Rob crossley has just hinted in a new blog on the site that he might just know something about WiiU that has changed his doomy perception of the console. What on earth could he be talking about?!

gavn64

3DS Friend Code: 4897-6082-1828 | Nintendo Network ID: GavnL89

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Big_L91

2. Posted:

hmm sounds interesting. you got a link mate?

put it on.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

gavn64

3. Posted:

Sorry dude im browsing through the Wiiu, but just go to cvg.com Crossley's blog is on the homepage i think its title is something like "the recent 3DS success shows why you shouldnt discount the Wiiu yet" hope that helps ye find it.

gavn64

3DS Friend Code: 4897-6082-1828 | Nintendo Network ID: GavnL89

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Big_L91

4. Posted:

cheers, ill check it out now man, you can copy and paste on the wii u browser. cant remember how now though you hold the stylus on the text and a little box pops up you can expand. i think anyway haha.

seems to have a similar opinion to myself, well except that i never doubted the wii u, except for 20 mins after the rayman delay. launches are always slow and im totaly with nintendo that once more people see what the wiiu does the market will grow. i know all the friends ive shown have been impressed, even with the lack of impressive things to show off. i honestly cant wait to see where we are at in a years time.

the 3ds proves this the wii u is in need of some of the great titles the 3ds is getting but great titles take time. ive know doubt starting from next year well have an amazing boom in wii u games and apps. i also cant wait to see where they go with wiistreetu and panorama view. im very very excited for the future of wii u!

Edited on by Big_L91

put it on.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

gavn64

5. Posted:

Yeah i dont know how many times i have said to people "just because nintendo doesnt show you a game i.e zelda wiiu or metroid wiiu doesnt mean it doesnt exist" i always believe in a nintendo home console cause i know what im getting the best games in the world who cares if it takes a little while for em to come around i have a load of 3DS games to play till they do :D

gavn64

3DS Friend Code: 4897-6082-1828 | Nintendo Network ID: GavnL89

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Big_L91

6. Posted:

exactly its a great time to be a nintendo fan. i really do believe the wiiu is there best console yet and its only going to get better :)

put it on.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MrGawain

7. Posted:

I'm betting he's heard that Michael Pachter has changed his opinion of the Wii U after learning you can get a jet pack in Lego City Undercover.

Before any great reveal for a Nintendo game, must come an advert full of XB1 non gameplay cutscenes.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Big_L91

8. Posted:

a jetpack!?! no way!!

put it on.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DePapier

9. Posted:

gavn64 wrote:

Sorry dude im browsing through the Wiiu, but just go to cvg.com Crossley's blog is on the homepage i think its title is something like "the recent 3DS success shows why you shouldnt discount the Wiiu yet" hope that helps ye find it.

You can actually copy paste links in the Wii U browser. Go to the address, select everything and click copy: it's on the left iirc. Just to let you know. :)

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Luther
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Therlu

http://www.notenoughshaders.com/2013/01/15/f-zero-wii-u-lets-dream-it/
http://www.notenoughshaders.com/2013/07/01/opinion-a-suggestion-for-a-wii-u-pricing-restructure/

3DS Friend Code: 4468-2063-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: Luther

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DePapier

10. Posted:

But damn it's been a long time since I've heard people on this website talk freely about the good of the Wii U and having hope in what is yet to come for the console. Can't wait for E3 but even so, the games are already showing themselves at the door. :)

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Luther
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Therlu

http://www.notenoughshaders.com/2013/01/15/f-zero-wii-u-lets-dream-it/
http://www.notenoughshaders.com/2013/07/01/opinion-a-suggestion-for-a-wii-u-pricing-restructure/

3DS Friend Code: 4468-2063-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: Luther

AuthorMessage
Avatar

gavn64

11. Posted:

CVG writer says “there are some really special things lined up for Wii U”
May 3rd, 2013 Posted in News, Posted by Valay, Wii U | No Comments »
Following up on his article published on CVG earlier today, Rob Crossley added on Twitter a short while ago that “there are some really special things lined up for Wii U.” Christmas will be an “interesting” time for the console, Crossley says.

What we’re referring to, of course, is CVG’s report that Mario’s new 3D adventure for Wii U will be available by October. The site also claims that Nintendo is getting ready to promote its console through a big and global marketing campaign.

This is getting interesting guys

Edited on by gavn64

gavn64

3DS Friend Code: 4897-6082-1828 | Nintendo Network ID: GavnL89

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Mickey

12. Posted:

gavn64 wrote:

CVG writer says “there are some really special things lined up for Wii U”
May 3rd, 2013 Posted in News, Posted by Valay, Wii U | No Comments »
Following up on his article published on CVG earlier today, Rob Crossley added on Twitter a short while ago that “there are some really special things lined up for Wii U.” Christmas will be an “interesting” time for the console, Crossley says.

What we’re referring to, of course, is CVG’s report that Mario’s new 3D adventure for Wii U will be available by October. The site also claims that Nintendo is getting ready to promote its console through a big and global marketing campaign.

This is getting interesting guys

Correction, VERY interesting. This could mean good things for the Wii U by December '13.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Galaxy Bio (by Dark-Luigi!)

If we've gotten into an argument, it's okay. I'm probably not holding a grudge against you. Why? Because I like you!

Whoomp! There it is! -God, when he created the universe.

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat | Twitter: TheMercuryMouse

AuthorMessage
Avatar

gavn64

13. Posted:

MickeyTheGreat wrote:

gavn64 wrote:

CVG writer says “there are some really special things lined up for Wii U”
May 3rd, 2013 Posted in News, Posted by Valay, Wii U | No Comments »
Following up on his article published on CVG earlier today, Rob Crossley added on Twitter a short while ago that “there are some really special things lined up for Wii U.” Christmas will be an “interesting” time for the console, Crossley says.

What we’re referring to, of course, is CVG’s report that Mario’s new 3D adventure for Wii U will be available by October. The site also claims that Nintendo is getting ready to promote its console through a big and global marketing campaign.

This is getting interesting guys

Correction, VERY interesting. This could mean good things for the Wii U by December '13.

yeah i feel they will pack the autumn/winter period with must have EXCLUSIVE first party sotfware ie
June/July the wonderful 101Game and Wario
August Pikmin 3
September pleaassse Mario 3D
October Wind Waker HD
November Mario Kart Wiiu
December NEW RETRO PRODUCT
i hope im right : ) cause that lineup would kill anything the next gen consoles could put out.

gavn64

3DS Friend Code: 4897-6082-1828 | Nintendo Network ID: GavnL89

AuthorMessage
Avatar

PokeTune

14. Posted:

Won`t believe a thing until I see it with my own eyes.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/SRankSaturdays/feed
Nintendo Network ID: DarkGamerX
Xbox Gamertag: DarkGameMasterX

Awaiting:

Kingdom Hearts 3
Halo:Master Chief Collection
Hyrule Warriors
Bayonetta 2
Mirror's Edge 2
Destiny
Smash Bros.Wii U & 3DS
Xenoblade Chronicles X

Nintendo Network ID: DarkGamerX

AuthorMessage
Avatar

C-Olimar

15. Posted:

gavn64 wrote:

MickeyTheGreat wrote:

gavn64 wrote:

CVG writer says “there are some really special things lined up for Wii U”
May 3rd, 2013 Posted in News, Posted by Valay, Wii U | No Comments »
Following up on his article published on CVG earlier today, Rob Crossley added on Twitter a short while ago that “there are some really special things lined up for Wii U.” Christmas will be an “interesting” time for the console, Crossley says.

What we’re referring to, of course, is CVG’s report that Mario’s new 3D adventure for Wii U will be available by October. The site also claims that Nintendo is getting ready to promote its console through a big and global marketing campaign.

This is getting interesting guys

Correction, VERY interesting. This could mean good things for the Wii U by December '13.

yeah i feel they will pack the autumn/winter period with must have EXCLUSIVE first party sotfware ie
June/July the wonderful 101Game and Wario
August Pikmin 3
September pleaassse Mario 3D
October Wind Waker HD
November Mario Kart Wiiu
December NEW RETRO PRODUCT
i hope im right : ) cause that lineup would kill anything the next gen consoles could put out.

Realistically, switch 3D Mario with Wind Waker, remove Retro project (perhaps replace with Wii Party U)?

C-Olimar

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Prof_Elvin_Gadd

16. Posted:

I have a feeling that Retro's game is a new Star Fox title, which would be amazing. I could be completely incorrect though. It's happened before. Only once though ;).

Edited on by Prof_Elvin_Gadd

Prof_Elvin_Gadd

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GiftedGimp

17. Posted:

Mario Kart WiiU + Gamepad bundle as it supports 2 game pads
WiiU Pemium + 2 game pads + Mario Kart same price as current WiiU bundle
Doubt this will happen but would be a good seller of consoles if it did this xmas. Especially with 3d mario and the other games mentioned above.
I hope e3 is going to show a lot of known and unknown 3rd party titles due late 13/ Early 14 for WiiU. we can hope.
What ever happens I'm not even close to writting off WiiU yet, Nintendo hasn't survived for as long as they have for no reason.

-Note: I know that Mario Kart hasn't had any info so the 2 gamepad thing is my wishfull thinking.. it would be cool though.-

Edited on by GiftedGimp

Games make a great console, not technical specs.

Nintendo Network ID: GiftedGimp | Twitter: AgedGamerAndy

AuthorMessage
Avatar

C-Olimar

18. Posted:

At the very least, games which don't support 2 GamePads should recognise the second as an additional pro controller.
Off topic :P

C-Olimar

AuthorMessage
Avatar

C-Olimar

19. Posted:

I'd rather someone else did Starfox. The gameplay is too limited for Retro's talents.

The Retro game has had too much hype to simply be a Metroid game imo. It has to do something AMAZING with the series. Which I have a feeling it might...

C-Olimar