Wii U Forum

Topic: Consumers Looking To Sweep Up A Wii U This Autumn/Winter Fall

Showing 41 to 60 of 76

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MAB

41. Posted:

Untitled

MAB

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

42. Posted:

I don't know what you mean by 'good'

I have been talking system sellers in this thread. If you're asking what are good upcoming system sellers, easily Wii Fit and Mario Kart. Those will move systems, and if they don't, there is a serious problem.

AlexSays

AuthorMessage
Avatar

faint

43. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

@AlexSays
What do you think is good then? There's more than just one game on Wii U, and most of them are considerable for the most part to many.

Also, I just looked up AngryBirds Space, and it looks like it'll be at least $10 because it will have a disc. That is absurd, and I hope Activision doesn't blame anyone but themselves if that doesn't go well.

Amazon says $50 bucks. When EA released Mass Effect 3 for $60 and the Mass Effect Trilogy for other systems for $60 they blamed nintendo for lack of sales. Activision will probably do the same.

Edited on by faint

friend code: 0103-9004-2456

AuthorMessage
Avatar

faint

44. Posted:

AlexSays wrote:

I don't know what you mean by 'good'

I have been talking system sellers in this thread. If you're asking what are good upcoming system sellers, easily Wii Fit and Mario Kart. Those will move systems, and if they don't, there is a serious problem.

^This and I think Donkey Kong TF will surprise everybody as well.

friend code: 0103-9004-2456

AuthorMessage
Avatar

skywake

45. Posted:

AlexSays wrote:

The quality of the game is absolutely meaningless. Entirely, utterly meaningless. It doesn't matter if the game is 'worth it'. Wonderful 101 does not have the star factor and will not receive the advertising to shift a significant amount of systems. You can think so because the game is going to be great and all that crap, but it is not a system seller. The sooner people stop believing this, the less disappointed you all will be.

As for Angry Birds? Makes absolutely zero difference. People can already play these games for a much cheaper price. Nobody is out there thinking 'hey you know what, I'd love to buy a $250 console and a $40 game so I can play a 99 cent game from my phone'

Nobody. lol. You can believe the Wii U is going to sell 500 million copies this holiday because it is God's gift to gaming and all that, but those two games will have absolutely nothing to do with it.

I know you were talking to SCAR and I'd love to be against SCAR again in an argument because that seems to be how things go. However I don't really agree with much of this at all even if it's just the tone.

The quality of the content does matter a lot and I think it's a bit of a nonsense to argue otherwise. It might be the case that W101 doesn't move units and it might be a niche product but writing it off entirely purely because it's not a well known franchise is ridiculous. If the gaming community has gotten to the point where we're not just ignoring risk-taking but actively punishing them for it then I don't want to be a part of it anymore.

Angry Birds? Yeah, you're right that it's a pretty average idea. I do agree that it seems strange for people to want to pay for a game that is '99c' and often even free on mobile. What you are ignoring though is that this is a multi-platform title and a title that they expect will sell reasonably well. A title that they already sell on PC and a title that people know very well but a title that not even SCAR is trying to defend. For all we know it might end up selling reasonably well despite the forum rage and cries of shovelware.

As for the 500mill units comment.... hyperbole much? I don't think it's worth taking if you're going to make comments like that.

Edited on by skywake

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

46. Posted:

The 'gaming community' is not what is going to shift units this holiday

The casual crowd is what will drive sales, and W101 is not going to pop off store shelves, high quality or not. I understand a lot of you are in love with the game and think it is going to be high quality, that's great, nobody is telling you otherwise. Commercial success? That's entirely different. The game will be fortunate to sell a million, much less move a discernible amount of Wii U units.

Think otherwise? That's terrific. Bookmark this thread for future reference.

Nothing of what you said talks about Angry Birds moving systems. Will the game sell okay? Maybe, largely depending upon the price. Will Wii U sales increase because AB has released? lmaono

As for my hyperboles, you have to take them as they come bro. Though if they cause you to skip my posts entirely, I would not lose too much sleep lol

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DePapier

47. Posted:

banacheck wrote:

"So you can't download your account to other Wii U?"

Simple answer no, if your console dies so does your games library, if you've downloaded them of course.

Can you guys STOP fomenting this BS?? If you 3DS or Wii U dies, you contact Nintendo and switch all of your downloaded library into the new console. I'm sure they could even managed to get your dave data back.

Everyone believes this BS and say "Nintendo tied to hardware is nonsense and stuff." Should they make a mass campaign to get people's facts straight again??

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Luther
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Therlu

http://www.notenoughshaders.com/2013/01/15/f-zero-wii-u-lets-dream-it/
http://www.notenoughshaders.com/2013/07/01/opinion-a-suggestion-for-a-wii-u-pricing-restructure/

3DS Friend Code: 4468-2063-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: Luther

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Beevdog

48. Posted:

DePapier wrote:

banacheck wrote:

"So you can't download your account to other Wii U?"

Simple answer no, if your console dies so does your games library, if you've downloaded them of course.

Can you guys STOP fomenting this BS?? If you 3DS or Wii U dies, you contact Nintendo and switch all of your downloaded library into the new console. I'm sure they could even managed to get your dave data back.

Everyone believes this BS and say "Nintendo tied to hardware is nonsense and stuff." Should they make a mass campaign to get people's facts straight again??

It's a bit of a long process to have to contact Nintendo just to swap your content over to a new system, on my PS3 all my downloaded content is saved to my online account and can just download on to anoher PS3 system.

Beevdog

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

49. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

You can send your system into Nintendo to get it fixed or replaced, though. Alot of people tend to forget to add that little tid bit of info... If your console dies or breaks, send it into Nintendo.

The only real time you'll lose your games is if you lose your system, or sell it without deleting the games on the system.

I'm sure they'll figure something out. It's not as good as it could be, but it's not as bad as many say, either.

You must admit that's a pretty convoluted way of doing things compared to the rest. With Sony and Microsoft you just need to get a new system and type in your user info. It also works that ou can take your game saves and purchases to a friends house.

As far as how the systems will be I thinks Its going to go.

PS3>360>PS4>WiiU>Xbox One (or Xbox One>Wii U.)

I think all the systems will have decent sales but as someone who works in retail a problem nintendo faces is lack of good shelf space (i'll try and get picks at work today.)

Plus for those who want an inexpensive console PS3/360 are the way to go (PS3 is the best bet honestly) and on the high end the PS4 looks to be the best bang for your buck .

The Wii U display at my store is pretty crap compared too the retail displays for other systems and is the last on the row going this way.

360 >Sony>3DS>Wii U.

It doesn't help that the Wii U shelves are mostly Wii Games and the Wii U games aren't even grouped together. Hopefully the holiday season fixes that fast. .

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

50. Posted:

@Sony_70
I understand. I think Xbox 360 actually has the better thing going on, though. PS3 has basically equal service, too, but I feel like they got ahead of themselves.
They used to let PSN IDs be shared across 5 systems, but after the hack they lowered it to 2. They're network is weird. You can go online or watch Netflix, but you don't even need to be signed in to PSN.
If you have an internet connection, you should be signed into PSN. That gives me the impression that they don't have their stuff completely straight, and there's an update for PS3 almost every month.

I wouldn't even bring this stuff up if people would give Nintendo a break. It can still get better for Nintendo. They don't even have the complete Wii U OS out and etc. tasks they need to do.
Wii had kinda crappy online if you wanted a friend list or open social features. I get it. Wii U already lets you bypass tons of "restraints" that were present on the Wii and they haven't even really done anything with the console yet.

Just give it some time. PS3 has had all last generation to straighten out and it still annoys me sometimes. Those systems are old news, and Nintendo will do their best to offer everything they can in due time.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DePapier

51. Posted:

Beevdog wrote:

DePapier wrote:

banacheck wrote:

"So you can't download your account to other Wii U?"

Simple answer no, if your console dies so does your games library, if you've downloaded them of course.

Can you guys STOP fomenting this BS?? If you 3DS or Wii U dies, you contact Nintendo and switch all of your downloaded library into the new console. I'm sure they could even managed to get your dave data back.

Everyone believes this BS and say "Nintendo tied to hardware is nonsense and stuff." Should they make a mass campaign to get people's facts straight again??

It's a bit of a long process to have to contact Nintendo just to swap your content over to a new system, on my PS3 all my downloaded content is saved to my online account and can just download on to anoher PS3 system.

That's definitely not the way banacheck put it, nor the way you put it on another thread. The fact of the matter is, the service is here, and it would be wise not to deny that.

That the grass seems greener on the other side doesn't mean Nintendo's grass isn't green.

Edited on by DePapier

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Luther
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Therlu

http://www.notenoughshaders.com/2013/01/15/f-zero-wii-u-lets-dream-it/
http://www.notenoughshaders.com/2013/07/01/opinion-a-suggestion-for-a-wii-u-pricing-restructure/

3DS Friend Code: 4468-2063-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: Luther

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rallydefault

52. Posted:

AlexSays wrote:

The 'gaming community' is not what is going to shift units this holiday

The casual crowd is what will drive sales, and W101 is not going to pop off store shelves, high quality or not. I understand a lot of you are in love with the game and think it is going to be high quality, that's great, nobody is telling you otherwise. Commercial success? That's entirely different. The game will be fortunate to sell a million, much less move a discernible amount of Wii U units.

Think otherwise? That's terrific. Bookmark this thread for future reference.

Nothing of what you said talks about Angry Birds moving systems. Will the game sell okay? Maybe, largely depending upon the price. Will Wii U sales increase because AB has released? lmaono

As for my hyperboles, you have to take them as they come bro. Though if they cause you to skip my posts entirely, I would not lose too much sleep lol

Bookmarked. I bet Wonderful101 does extremely well. Pikmin 3 sold what, over 90,000 physical units at retail in Japan in the first week? Most "extremely successful" games sell 1 million or more copies during its lifetime, so to reach a tenth of that in one week is pretty good judging by any standards. I bet Wonderful101 will sell at least as much as Pikmin 3 in its first week.

rallydefault

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

53. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Sony_70
I understand. I think Xbox 360 actually has the better thing going on, though. PS3 has basically equal service, too, but I feel like they got ahead of themselves.
They used to let PSN IDs be shared across 5 systems, but after the hack they lowered it to 2. They're network is weird. You can go online or watch Netflix, but you don't even need to be signed in to PSN.
If you have an internet connection, you should be signed into PSN. That gives me the impression that they don't have their stuff completely straight, and there's an update for PS3 almost every month.

I wouldn't even bring this stuff up if people would give Nintendo a break. It can still get better for Nintendo. They don't even have the complete Wii U OS out and etc. tasks they need to do.
Wii had kinda crappy online if you wanted a friend list or open social features. I get it. Wii U already lets you bypass tons of "restraints" that were present on the Wii and they haven't even really done anything with the console yet.

Just give it some time. PS3 has had all last generation to straighten out and it still annoys me sometimes. Those systems are old news, and Nintendo will do their best to offer everything they can in due time.

I'd say that your PSN ID shouldn't be needed for netflix anyway. My biggest complaint with microsoft is having non gaming services stuck behind a Gold Pay wall. Its one of the reasons I'm going PS4 for my main consoles this gen. There's an update to xbox Live every month. I'm in the dashboard beta and I've had an update every week since E3.

I mean you don't have to be signed into an apple ID to use Netflix on an apple TV and the same goes for Google TV and Chromecast. Your confusing open standards for locking things behind getting paid which is honestly what microsoft is doing.

Also the PS3/360 wer the first consoles of their kind with such a focus on online so Sony playign catch up to microsoft was acceptable and they've gotten their and arguably are better now, The problem with the Wii U is that it isn't really that much better and in some ways is worse than the PS3/360 versions of PSN/Xbox Live. So people judge them more harshly when they had 8-9 years to build an ecosystem where everything works together in tandem. (The Vita/PS3/PS4 all carry the same account system, so does 360/One/WIndows 8/phone so why can't the 3DS/WIi U have been built in tandem).

As someone who likes and follows nintedo I understand why the Nintendo Network is only as good as current gen Live/PSN, but it doesn't make the system looks better to the consumer.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

54. Posted:

rallydefault wrote:

AlexSays wrote:

The 'gaming community' is not what is going to shift units this holiday

The casual crowd is what will drive sales, and W101 is not going to pop off store shelves, high quality or not. I understand a lot of you are in love with the game and think it is going to be high quality, that's great, nobody is telling you otherwise. Commercial success? That's entirely different. The game will be fortunate to sell a million, much less move a discernible amount of Wii U units.

Think otherwise? That's terrific. Bookmark this thread for future reference.

Nothing of what you said talks about Angry Birds moving systems. Will the game sell okay? Maybe, largely depending upon the price. Will Wii U sales increase because AB has released? lmaono

As for my hyperboles, you have to take them as they come bro. Though if they cause you to skip my posts entirely, I would not lose too much sleep lol

Bookmarked. I bet Wonderful101 does extremely well. Pikmin 3 sold what, over 90,000 physical units at retail in Japan in the first week? Most "extremely successful" games sell 1 million or more copies during its lifetime, so to reach a tenth of that in one week is pretty good judging by any standards. I bet Wonderful101 will sell at least as much as Pikmin 3 in its first week.

Eh I wouldn't be so sure. Platinum is studio notorious for making good games that bomb hard. Maybe Nintendo's marketing and Wii U owners wanting new games will help the system.I know in europe at least the Pikmin 3 deal should get a ton of new sales for W101.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

55. Posted:

@Sony_70
It just means your PS console isn't connecting to PSN and is using the internet for what your internet service provider is giving you.

The only time you need the console based network(NN, SEN, PSN, Xbox Live) is when you're doing console specific tasks like gaming online, because those servers are made specificly to handle those processes over the network.
I know you don't need to pay for PSN(well, for now) or NN, but you do for Xbox Live. The point I was trying to make is that Xbox Live is still the better service when you go the whole 10 yards and pay the $60 for the service.

Since PS4 will have paid online for gaming, it makes the service look expensive, but you aren't getting much of anything more compared to what they already offer for free. Sony's networks should already be good to go without a charge of any kind.
The network itself isn't allowing your console to do those features. Your PS4 is doing those functions and sending it over the network. That doesn't require any more ammount of money besides what you were paying on PS3, which is nothing.

Sony didn't think about keeping up their network by charging any ammount of money, and now they have no choice because they're finances have become more and more questionable over the years. How do you think they gave you PSN on PS3 for free? They paid out of their own pockets for their consumers to have free online, and they can't do it anymore.

EDIT: That's why if you look at the Xbox One with 3GB of OS RAM, technically more of the console will be connected online. The Wii U and the PS4 both have 1GB of RAM OS to be connected online, yet Wii U has free online.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

56. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Sony_70
It just means your PS console isn't connecting to PSN and is using the internet for what your internet service provider is giving you.

The only time you need the console based network(NN, SEN, PSN, Xbox Live) is when you're doing console specific tasks like gaming online, because those servers are made specificly to handle those processes over the network.
I know you don't need to pay for PSN(well, for now) or NN, but you do for Xbox Live. The point I was trying to make is that Xbox Live is still the better service when you go the whole 10 yards and pay the $60 for the service.

Since PS4 will have paid online for gaming, it makes the service look expensive, but you aren't getting much of anything more compared to what they already offer for free. Sony's networks should already be good to go without a charge of any kind.
The network itself isn't allowing your console to do those features. Your PS4 is doing those functions and sending it over the network. That doesn't require any more ammount of money besides what you were paying on PS3, which is nothing.

Sony didn't think about keeping up their network by charging any ammount of money, and now they have no choice because they're finances have become more and more questionable over the years. How do you think they gave you PSN on PS3 for free? They paid out of their own pockets for their consumers to have free online, and they can't do it anymore.

EDIT: That's why if you look at the Xbox One with 3GB of OS RAM, technically more of the console will be connected online. The Wii U and the PS4 both have 1GB of RAM OS to be connected online, yet Wii U has free online.

That was true years ago but beyond things like Patches Xbox Live isnt that much better than PS3 when it comes to stuff for consumers and developers.

-Xbox 36o just got rid of paying to patch this year and is just started self publishing this year as well.
-They just started giving out free games and its only a limited time deal (Games for gold stops in december)
-The deals compared to PS+ are kind of a Joke.
-Non gaming services need Gold to be played.

How does having paid online makes the PS4 look expensive. The One still costs more and Gold is still $10 more as well, alongside that you get games every month as part of PS+.

You do realize that 3GB of the eight of the PS4 will be used for OS functions right. If were going to go by more of the consoles being online (what does that even mean?) The One can only cache up to five minutes of Gameplay while the PS4 can cache 15 minutes of Gameplay.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rallydefault

57. Posted:

@Sony_70

Gotta disagree with you, sorry. I respect your opinion, but I think the Wii U base has already started growing rather nicely and if the game gets good reviews it will draw people in no problem. Those of us with Wii Us are starving for new games, so you'll get lots of "automatic" purchases from existing owners. That 1million+ install base in Japan will then be on the hunt for games, and a few hold-outs for new franchises here in the Americas will probably like seeing something different from Nintendo. I bet it does well.

rallydefault

AuthorMessage
Avatar

skywake

58. Posted:

AlexSays wrote:

The 'gaming community' is not what is going to shift units this holiday

The casual crowd is what will drive sales, and W101 is not going to pop off store shelves, high quality or not. I understand a lot of you are in love with the game and think it is going to be high quality, that's great, nobody is telling you otherwise. Commercial success? That's entirely different. The game will be fortunate to sell a million, much less move a discernible amount of Wii U units.

Think otherwise? That's terrific. Bookmark this thread for future reference.

Nothing of what you said talks about Angry Birds moving systems. Will the game sell okay? Maybe, largely depending upon the price. Will Wii U sales increase because AB has released? lmaono

As for my hyperboles, you have to take them as they come bro. Though if they cause you to skip my posts entirely, I would not lose too much sleep lol

Note that I didn't disagree with you in my post generally I just took issue at your extreme-ish tone. I didn't say that W101 would be the Wii U's saviour I just took issue at you disregarding it entirely on the grounds that it's an unknown. Plenty of that going on in the industry and I really hope it's not as dire as you claim it is for original IPs. If it's Portal, Bioshock or Last of Us level fantastic it would be very bad if lack of name recognition meant it sold sub 1mill.... I don't think the game industry is quite at that point yet. "Casual" game or not, good games move units.

Also you are right, none of what I said talked about Angry Birds moving systems. Although it is worth remembering that early in the Wii's life Carnival Games sold pretty well indeed. Don't know how much of that drove system sales but I think it would be foolish to dismiss something for being crap despite it's valuable brand especially when you're dismissing W101 for potentially being great because of it's lack of brand.

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

59. Posted:

@Sony_70
There still things you aren't taking into consideration. Things could change from one day to the next, and stuff's even.
I see that you are right about 3.5GB RAM towards the OS, though. I guess they are on par in that area, except there must be some reason they need an extra 0.5GB compared to Xbox One. I was under the impression it would only use 1GB, and had no clue how they would be balancing that inside the machine.

You don't want free online? Even if they would have charged half of what they are now for PS+ for PSN to begin with, it still would have been better.
The deals don't even matter on Xbox Live that much. At least there's people to play online with. I agree that some of the things Sony are doing are good, like not requiring PS+ for Netflix and having deals. I heard Drive Club was only F2P unless you bought it, but whatever.

They all have their benefits and missteps. Nintendo can still improve. They have time, and it's seriously not that big of a deal, anyway.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

60. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Sony_70
There still things you aren't taking into consideration. Things could change from one day to the next, and stuff's even.
I see that you are right about 3.5GB RAM towards the OS, though. I guess they are on par in that area, except there must be some reason they need an extra 0.5GB compared to Xbox One. I was under the impression it would only use 1GB, and had no clue how they would be balancing that inside the machine.

You don't want free online? Even if they would have charged half of what they are now for PS+ for PSN to begin with, it still would have been better.
The deals don't even matter on Xbox Live that much. At least there's people to play online with. I agree that some of the things Sony are doing are good, like not requiring PS+ for Netflix and having deals. I heard Drive Club was only F2P unless you bought it, but whatever.

They all have their benefits and missteps. Nintendo can still improve. They have time, and it's seriously not that big of a deal, anyway.

I'd say its a big deal when it comes to getting new users onto their console. I know a lot of existing 360/PS3 owners who plan to move over since their stats and stuff is moved as well.

Yeah this was what they listed at E3.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70