Wii U Forum

Topic: Call of Duty Ghosts is now truly confirmed for Wii U

Showing 21 to 40 of 84

AuthorMessage
Avatar

taffy

21. Posted:

I'm still playing Goldeneye Multiplayer on the Wii... it takes so long to level up on that game :-s

Nintendo Network ID: sgt.taffy
Currently playing:
Wii U - Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
3DS - Fire Emblem: Awakening

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rallydefault

22. Posted:

... I shouldn't say this, but I'm going to:

Most people that complain about CoD games haven't actually played many of them. In fact, I would wager most of you (and others elsewhere) that claim to dislike CoD played perhaps CoD 4 (Modern Warfare 1), and MAYBE one other entry in the series. And that's it. And you feel as if you've seen enough to label it, cut it down, and publicly despise it.

That would be like me playing, I don't know, Super Mario World and New Super Mario Brothers and claiming that the Mario franchise is horrible and that everything's the same. I don't care about Galaxy or Mario 64 - don't need to play them. They share the Mario name so they must be exactly the same; they must be terrible, as well. Oh, and every single Mario game is only for kids. Only kids 12 and under play them.

That's EXACTLY what you're doing with CoD. Substitute "bros" for "kids" and voila! Same exact thing. The CoD games are NOT all the same. Each single player campaign introduces new concepts and elements of gameplay, new gadgets to use, and more (not even counting the story). Yes, you are always going to be aiming down sights, just as Mario is always going to be platforming. It's just the type of game it is. The multiplayer in CoD changes each time, as well. Just because YOU don't view whole slews of new features, weapons, kill streaks, class combos, game modes, and methods of keeping score and being competitive as new, doesn't mean that they aren't.

If you've written off CoD because you just don't dig FPS games, then more power to you. That's great. But if you're just jumping on the bandwagon because it's cool to hate on the franchise, then you're doing yourself a disservice. You're missing out on some pretty awesome experiences that have more polish and "wow" moments than most other games released every year. I, for one, think it's great the game will be coming to the system. I look forward to seeing you online!

rallydefault

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DefHalan

23. Posted:

I surprised at all of the "meh" statements. Do you want 3rd Party games on Wii U? Well here is the biggest 3rd Party game in the world. Support it on Wii U if you want more 3rd Party on Wii U. I know for every game that has a Wii U option I will chose Wii U over any other system, such as Watch_Dogs. If I get this, and I might, I will be getting it for Wii U.

Edited on by DefHalan

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

24. Posted:

I'm meh about it simply because it's not something that would interest me either way. I'm glad we're getting it, don't get me wrong, but why should I be excited for a game I will never play?

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WingedSnagret

25. Posted:

DefHalan wrote:

I surprised at all of the "meh" statements. Do you want 3rd Party games on Wii U? Well here is the biggest 3rd Party game in the world. Support it on Wii U if you want more 3rd Party on Wii U. I know for every game that has a Wii U option I will chose Wii U over any other system, such as Watch_Dogs. If I get this, and I might, I will be getting it for Wii U.

This, I admit, is a very valid point. Here we are complaining about the lack of 3rd party, and yet when something does arrive, at least in this case, we grumble about it. Some of us may not be fans of CoD (myself included) and other FPSs, but that doesn't mean we should shrug them off as pointless. Even I have been guilty of the above behavior, and that's not going to help the Wii U's situation.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

26. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Metal_Sonic wrote:

Don't know why people always just like to brush off fps games as a "brofest" thing.

Because it is. I mean I actually played quite a bit of MW1 online, and...it is. It so is, at least far too frequently to be a coincidence.

I can stereotype, too! RPGs are for virgins!

Glad I fit in so well. (-:

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Warruz

27. Posted:

Metal_Sonic wrote:

I'm actually quite excited for this game. The campaigns are usually decent, but multiplayer is always a blast! Don't know why people always just like to brush off fps games as a "brofest" thing.

Lets be clear here , call of duty is a brofest things. Other fps games such as bioshock and half life dont cary this stigma because there is story and its not military focused.

Check out my Video Game Podcast / Website - Pauseyourgame.com

Twitter: Warruz

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

28. Posted:

Chrono_Crossing wrote:

RPGs are for virgins!

You say that as though it's not entirely true. :P

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ocelot20

29. Posted:

I wouldn't get all exited for this yet. No word of this from Activision or anything like that. It could simply be a mistake in that magazine. Like a few years back a mag said Left 4 Dead was coming to the PS3 and am still waiting for it.

Just take this with a pinch of salt at the moment.

ocelot20

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

30. Posted:

Chrono_Crossing wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Metal_Sonic wrote:

Don't know why people always just like to brush off fps games as a "brofest" thing.

Because it is. I mean I actually played quite a bit of MW1 online, and...it is. It so is, at least far too frequently to be a coincidence.

I can stereotype, too! RPGs are for virgins!

Glad I fit in so well. (-:

you shouldn't be accurate or it ruins the sarcasm

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Undead_terror

31. Posted:

I won't be getting the game for any consoles, won't have zombies and that's the selling point to me for cod.

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME!
Nintendo Friends website/forums I eShop Gurus I Random Game Thread I The graveyard (backloggery)
Currently owns a Mario & Luigi Dream Team 3DS XL and a Wii U Deluxe.

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DudeSean

32. Posted:

A lot of non-gamers play Call of Duty because it's easy to get into. I like Call of Duty, but I prefer Treyarch's games. I'll read reviews before picking this one up.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Treverend

33. Posted:

Metal_Sonic wrote:

Don't know why people always just like to brush off fps games as a "brofest" thing.

I didn't. I never said FPS's were a brofest thing, I just said Call of Duty is and it's kind of hard to argue against that...

Edited on by Treverend

Proud black Wii U owner. :)
Favorite game series: The Legend of Zelda

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4692-4399 | Nintendo Network ID: Treverend

AuthorMessage
Avatar

PloXyZeRO

34. Posted:

COD 4 - 10 days of gameplay
MW2 - 18 days of gameplay (peak of my COD addiction, lol. 9th grade was a bad year for me)
COD:BO - 1 day of gameplay
MW3 - 3 days of gameplay
BO2 - 8 hours of gameplay

I'm done with COD now. With the first two I had, COD4 and MW2, I had tons of fun playing with my friends. I never had any FPS's before that...and I only used to play Nintendo games before that. When I got a PS3, my friend convinced me to try it out, and I had so much fun because it was something I've never tried before. First person shooters, online gaming, making videos on YouTube, etc.

Over the years, I played many other FPS's including Counter Strike, Quake, Unreal Tournament, Killzone, Halo, etc....and I've played them so much I've lost 100% interest in them now.

If you've never tried a COD game before, it's actually fun. I'm not going to lie. But once you play about two or three, you realize that it's just the same terrible people online ruining the gameplay. The story modes also have been a lot worse recently.

tl;dr, COD is fun if you haven't played it before if you have some interest in first person shooters. That's all there is to it.

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter: ContraParadox

AuthorMessage
Avatar

doctor_doak

35. Posted:

Get 'Broforce' instead. More explosions, better graphics, etc..

doctor_doak

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ocelot20

36. Posted:

rallydefault wrote:

... I shouldn't say this, but I'm going to:

Most people that complain about CoD games haven't actually played many of them. In fact, I would wager most of you (and others elsewhere) that claim to dislike CoD played perhaps CoD 4 (Modern Warfare 1), and MAYBE one other entry in the series. And that's it. And you feel as if you've seen enough to label it, cut it down, and publicly despise it.

That would be like me playing, I don't know, Super Mario World and New Super Mario Brothers and claiming that the Mario franchise is horrible and that everything's the same. I don't care about Galaxy or Mario 64 - don't need to play them. They share the Mario name so they must be exactly the same; they must be terrible, as well. Oh, and every single Mario game is only for kids. Only kids 12 and under play them.

That's EXACTLY what you're doing with CoD. Substitute "bros" for "kids" and voila! Same exact thing. The CoD games are NOT all the same. Each single player campaign introduces new concepts and elements of gameplay, new gadgets to use, and more (not even counting the story). Yes, you are always going to be aiming down sights, just as Mario is always going to be platforming. It's just the type of game it is. The multiplayer in CoD changes each time, as well. Just because YOU don't view whole slews of new features, weapons, kill streaks, class combos, game modes, and methods of keeping score and being competitive as new, doesn't mean that they aren't.

If you've written off CoD because you just don't dig FPS games, then more power to you. That's great. But if you're just jumping on the bandwagon because it's cool to hate on the franchise, then you're doing yourself a disservice. You're missing out on some pretty awesome experiences that have more polish and "wow" moments than most other games released every year. I, for one, think it's great the game will be coming to the system. I look forward to seeing you online!

I have most if not all COD titles to date. COD 1 (played HD remake on PS3 it was ok). Played COD Finest hour on PS2 (loved that online). I played COD Big Red One on PS2 again online was fun. Played COD 2 on 360 and PC and this is the best COD around. Played COD 3 on PS3/360 I really enjoyed it. Played COD 4 on 360/PS3 it was something different and I enjoyed it. Played COD WAW on PS3 back to WW2 but I enjoyed it. Played MW2 on Xbox/PS4 and this is when I started feeling like I have all ready played this game before.

Played Black Ops on PS3 and again same thing as the year before but I loved the zombies mode. MW3 I didn't buy it right away I did see a cheap Wii copy so I bought it. I really don't want to talk about my experience with that one. Then finally COD Black Ops 2 I bought it for the Wii U and it was fun since it was the only FPS game on the system at launch (except for ZombiU). I also played COD on the Vita. The online was actually a little different it played a little differently than the console versions. It was actually pretty fun to play. But the single player lasted less than 1 hour :|.

So yer I have pretty much played all the COD games (except for the PSP ones and the ones on the DS and mobile). I think the single player campaigns where ok at best. The online side of things where great in the early year up until around MW2. Ever since then is has just been the same old same old ever since.

ocelot20

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SuperJoon

37. Posted:

Will probably get this! Prefer playing CoD on Wii U.

SuperJoon

Nintendo Network ID: Joon84 | Twitter: XboxSuperJoon

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DudeSean

38. Posted:

DefHalan wrote:

I surprised at all of the "meh" statements. Do you want 3rd Party games on Wii U? Well here is the biggest 3rd Party game in the world. Support it on Wii U if you want more 3rd Party on Wii U. I know for every game that has a Wii U option I will chose Wii U over any other system, such as Watch_Dogs. If I get this, and I might, I will be getting it for Wii U.

I wish Wii U players would support the CoD games more. Then we could get some DLC. Which, all I really want is the new Zombie maps. It's so frustrating being a CoD: Zombies fan and a Nintendo fan. Sadly, there's more outspoken Nintendo fans who talk crap about CoD than there are who actually want CoD on Nintendo. It really frustrates me that these people are making it worse for us CoD / Nintendo fans. Because other Nintendo fans will look into it and all they see is a bunch of people talking crap about it and that doesn't help. I don't spend my days complaining about My Little Pony, trying to get it taken off the air or for them to change it so I'll like it and then still not watch it anyway. If it's not your kind of game, leave it alone. Let the fans enjoy it.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WingedSnagret

39. Posted:

DudeSean wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

I surprised at all of the "meh" statements. Do you want 3rd Party games on Wii U? Well here is the biggest 3rd Party game in the world. Support it on Wii U if you want more 3rd Party on Wii U. I know for every game that has a Wii U option I will chose Wii U over any other system, such as Watch_Dogs. If I get this, and I might, I will be getting it for Wii U.

I wish Wii U players would support the CoD games more. Then we could get some DLC. Which, all I really want is the new Zombie maps. It's so frustrating being a CoD: Zombies fan and a Nintendo fan. Sadly, there's more outspoken Nintendo fans who talk crap about CoD than there are who actually want CoD on Nintendo. It really frustrates me that these people are making it worse for us CoD / Nintendo fans. Because other Nintendo fans will look into it and all they see is a bunch of people talking crap about it and that doesn't help. I don't spend my days complaining about My Little Pony, trying to get it taken off the air or for them to change it so I'll like it and then still not watch it anyway. If it's not your kind of game, leave it alone. Let the fans enjoy it.

The thing is though there are many CoD fanboys that bash everything else, ESPECIALLY the likes of Mario and Nintendo in general. Which is why many Nintendo fans don't take kindly to anything CoD related; not so much because of the franchise itself, but the rude group behind it. I'm not saying that every person who likes CoD is a jerk, but the trolls on the Internet make it out to be that way.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

40. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

DudeSean wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

I surprised at all of the "meh" statements. Do you want 3rd Party games on Wii U? Well here is the biggest 3rd Party game in the world. Support it on Wii U if you want more 3rd Party on Wii U. I know for every game that has a Wii U option I will chose Wii U over any other system, such as Watch_Dogs. If I get this, and I might, I will be getting it for Wii U.

I wish Wii U players would support the CoD games more. Then we could get some DLC. Which, all I really want is the new Zombie maps. It's so frustrating being a CoD: Zombies fan and a Nintendo fan. Sadly, there's more outspoken Nintendo fans who talk crap about CoD than there are who actually want CoD on Nintendo. It really frustrates me that these people are making it worse for us CoD / Nintendo fans. Because other Nintendo fans will look into it and all they see is a bunch of people talking crap about it and that doesn't help. I don't spend my days complaining about My Little Pony, trying to get it taken off the air or for them to change it so I'll like it and then still not watch it anyway. If it's not your kind of game, leave it alone. Let the fans enjoy it.

The thing is though there are many CoD fanboys that bash everything else, ESPECIALLY the likes of Mario and Nintendo in general. Which is why many Nintendo fans don't take kindly to anything CoD related; not so much because of the franchise itself, but the rude group behind it. I'm not saying that every person who likes CoD is a jerk, but the trolls on the Internet make it out to be that way.

And the trolls that bash Call of Duty and Sony/Microsoft games don't make Nintendo fans look bad? :P

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~