Forums

Topic: Are There Enough Core Gamers On Wii U? (Opinion)

Posts 101 to 117 of 117

Kuhang

skywake wrote:

Kuhang wrote:

Haha and finally you are making sense maybe I should have just explained to you earlier than that , wouldn't have the useless long posts. this should really have been your initial post atleast it relates...

I've literally been saying the same thing the whole time

Kuhang wrote:

[......] So games like Bayonetta 2, Wonderful 101 and Pikmin, when these titles do badly, the thread's question arose. Because these titles are likely to appeal only or mostly to core gamers and when these titles did badly it means only or mostly the core Nintendo gamers bought it. So (just by this logic)

No. Of copies sold = No. Of core gamers

So if Wii U's population = 7Mil, and No. Of copies sold (Any of the title) were 300,000,

Total Wii U Population - No. Of copies Sold
7,000,000 - 300,000 = 6700000 (Which could also mean the no. Of casuals)
Now this theory is also flawed because also matter of interest and choice would come into effect but it would relatively come close or atleast the closest thing idk[....]

Of course it's flawed, you're talking nonsense. Here's another number for you:
Bayonetta on PS3 & 360: 2mill with an effective install base at ~70mill
Bayonetta 2 on Wii U: ~400k with an install base of ~7.5mill
~2.8% vs ~5.3% so what... the Wii U is "twice as core" as the PS3/360 were in late 2009?

See, this sort of stat hunting is meaningless. You can get it to say whatever you want especially when there are so many external factors. You haven't proven anything.

Also you should know that Bayonetta back then was a new IP and nobody knew what to expect out of it still sold fairly well (For a new IP) but now it has established itself as the best action game of all time (Big deal) and with sort of hype and such title and that too exclusive those numbers are disappointing. And sorry when did bayonetta surpass 400,00 mark? source it. And You totally didnt get what that demography was for it was not to estimate the sales of Bayonetta 2 dumbo.Ok lets put Bayonetta 2 on the back seat for now, moving on to Wonderful 101, Pikmin 3, monster hunter 3, Ninja Gaiden.Yea right.

Edited on by Kuhang

Kuhang

Nintendo Network ID: Kuhang

rallydefault

Kuhang wrote:

rallydefault wrote:

SpookyMeths wrote:

Are all these words worth reading?

No. It was an OP trying to label games as "core" and then deem said games as "successes" or "failures" on the Wii U, which would then presumably prove some point as to the tendencies of Wii U gamers in relation to the "core" mindset.

Topping that off, to my knowledge, OP is not a market analyst, and is likely just some guy with a strong opinion like the rest of us.

I'm sorry but your sentence does not even make any sense and read the title of this thread it says - Are There Enough Core Gamers On Wii U? "(Opinion)" how many more people of your kind (ignorant ones) are around here? Seems many

Excuse me... MY sentences don't make sense?

rallydefault

JoyBoy

This thread made me find my TRUE self : a gamer to the very CORE!

But seriously, it seems we have quite some core gamers amongst us. The question is though... are you in the same league as me?
ARE YOU A RAWR GAMER!? [definition 'rawr' gamer: a gamer that likes his games raw and roars at the screen RAWR!!?]

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Octane

It finally makes sense now;

The Wii U sold 7,600,000 units - 360,000 copies of hardcore Bayonetta 2 games = 7,240,000 casual gamers.

And if Super Mario 3D World is casual; and sold 2,390,000 copies, we must conclude that 7,240,000 = 2,390,000.

Also 7,600,000 - 2,390,000 casuals SM3DW games = 5,210,000 core gamers, which is equal to the 360,000 core gamers we calculated before.

Octane

cameronbelmont

Kuhang wrote:

skywake wrote:

Kuhang wrote:

Haha and finally you are making sense maybe I should have just explained to you earlier than that , wouldn't have the useless long posts. this should really have been your initial post atleast it relates...

Kuhang wrote:

[......] So games like Bayonetta 2, Wonderful 101 and Pikmin, when these titles do badly, the thread's question arose. Because these titles are likely to appeal only or mostly to core gamers and when these titles did badly it means only or mostly the core Nintendo gamers bought it. So (just by this logic)

So if Wii U's population = 7Mil, and No. Of copies sold (Any of the title) were 300,000,

Now this theory is also flawed because also matter of interest and choice would come into effect but it would relatively come close or atleast the closest thing idk[....]

~2.8% vs ~5.3% so what... the Wii U is "twice as core" as the PS3/360 were in late 2009?

See, this sort of stat hunting is meaningless. You can get it to say whatever you want especially when there are so many external factors. You haven't proven anything.

Also you should know that Bayonetta back then was a new IP and nobody knew what to expect out of it still sold fairly well (For a new IP) but now it has established itself as the best action game of all time (Big deal) and with sort of hype and such title and that too exclusive those numbers are disappointing. And sorry when did bayonetta surpass 400,00 mark? source it. And You totally didnt get what that demography was for it was not to estimate the sales of Bayonetta 2 dumbo.Ok lets put Bayonetta 2 on the back seat for now, moving on to Wonderful 101, Pikmin 3, monster hunter 3, Ninja Gaiden.Yea right.

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140922150113/kancolle/im...

Currently Playing: Dragon Age: Inquisition

DefHalan

Octane wrote:

The Wii U sold 7,600,000 units - 360,000 copies of hardcore Bayonetta 2 games = 7,240,000 casual gamers.

And if Super Mario 3D World is casual; and sold 2,390,000 copies, we must conclude that 7,240,000 = 2,390,000.

Also 7,600,000 - 2,390,000 casuals SM3DW games = 5,210,000 core gamers, which is equal to the 360,000 core gamers we calculated before.

And if I bought both Super Mario 3D World and Bayonetta 2 what am I? ... WHAT AM I???????????

(I have both digitally which means I am not a part of either of those totals... so seriously, WHAT AM I?!?!?!?!?!?)

Edited on by DefHalan

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

cameronbelmont

DefHalan wrote:

Octane wrote:

And if I bought both Super Mario 3D World and Bayonetta 2 what am I? ... WHAT AM I???????????

(I have both digitally which means I am not a part of either of those totals... so seriously, WHAT AM I?!?!?!?!?!?)

A soft core gamer?

Something about that doesn't sound right, but I can't put my finger on it.

Edited on by cameronbelmont

Currently Playing: Dragon Age: Inquisition

Octane

DefHalan wrote:

Octane wrote:

And if I bought both Super Mario 3D World and Bayonetta 2 what am I? ... WHAT AM I?!?!?!?!?!?

Well, don't be ridiculous, that is of course impossible.

Octane

dumedum

skywake wrote:

Having played them I can say with a fair amount of confidence that Arkham City and Assassin's Creed for example are easier games than New SMB U and 3D World. They're definitely easier than Shovel Knight.

I didn't find Shovel Knight to be very difficult. But Mutant Mudds... that's the most difficult game ever. I can't do anything there

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

Kuhang

Octane wrote:

It has already been answered in my post, so instead of explaining to you again Im just going copy/paste it,read it yourself.I cant keep spoon feeding every kid in Nintendo Land haha

"Also what I was trying to say is that core gamers are not limited to just playing core games but also any good games of their interest (Unlike Casuals limited by their skills etc.), hence also open to any kind of good games not just one particular franchise or game and the core gamers who bought a Wii U are most likely fans of Nintendo franchises which highly influenced them getting one so they are not likely to miss any of Ninteno's big titles (Like Mario Kart) , but they would also open to any other good games found on Wii U. So games like Bayonetta 2, Wonderful 101 and Pikmin, when these titles do badly, the thread's question arose. Because these titles are likely to appeal only or mostly to core gamers and when these titles did badly it means only or mostly the core Nintendo gamers bought it. So (just by this logic)
Now this theory is also flawed because also matter of interest and choice would come into effect but it would relatively come close or atleast the closest thing idk .On the other hand there are games like SM3DW or NSMBU these games are balanced that appeal to both which means the core Nintendo fans and casuals both can enjoy this which is why the ratio that it sells are relatively high, because both core and the casual gamers are contributing.but games like Bayonetta 2 appeal mostly only to the core gamers hence the low sales.So what really is stopping these core games from being a success on the platform ? is it the quality (which definately is not the case here I believe), Is it because the low numbers of Core gamers? I would say the latter."

Edited on by Kuhang

Kuhang

Kuhang

Octane wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Octane wrote:

And if I bought both Super Mario 3D World and Bayonetta 2 what am I? ... WHAT AM I?!?!?!?!?!?

Well, don't be ridiculous, that is of course impossible.

Read it again before tryong to act funny, and I wont even highlight where i've answered it cuz kids these days are too lazy , so help yourself :

"Also what I was trying to say is that core gamers are not limited to just playing core games but also any good games of their interest (Unlike Casuals limited by their skills etc.), hence also open to any kind of good games not just one particular franchise or game and the core gamers who bought a Wii U are most likely fans of Nintendo franchises which highly influenced them getting one so they are not likely to miss any of Ninteno's big titles (Like Mario Kart) , but they would also open to any other good games found on Wii U. So games like Bayonetta 2, Wonderful 101 and Pikmin, when these titles do badly, the thread's question arose. Because these titles are likely to appeal only or mostly to core gamers and when these titles did badly it means only or mostly the core Nintendo gamers bought it. So (just by this logic)
Now this theory is also flawed because also matter of interest and choice would come into effect but it would relatively come close or atleast the closest thing idk .On the other hand there are games like SM3DW or NSMBU these games are balanced that appeal to both which means the core Nintendo fans and casuals both can enjoy this which is why the ratio that it sells are relatively high, because both core and the casual gamers are contributing.but games like Bayonetta 2 appeal mostly only to the core gamers hence the low sales.So what really is stopping these core games from being a success on the platform ? is it the quality (which definately is not the case here I believe), Is it because the low numbers of Core gamers? I would say the latter."

Kuhang

DefHalan

Untitled

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Kuhang

cameronbelmont wrote:

Kuhang wrote:

skywake wrote:

Kuhang wrote:

Kuhang wrote:

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140922150113/kancolle/im...

http://m.memegen.com/j1hewr.jpg

Kuhang

SCRAPPER392

Any game that does well is "core", as far as companies are concerned. That is why the whole discussion is flawed, because Just Dance is a "core" game as long as it sells enough for Ubisoft to release it every year. If CoD suddenly stopped selling huge amounts of copies on Xbox and PS, it wouldn't be a "core" game to Activision anymore, and apparently not to consumers, either.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

skywake

Mario Kart Wii sold ~35mill units, Mario Kart 8 has barely sold over 3mill units. THERE IS NO MARKET FOR MARIO KART ON THE WII U!

dumedum wrote:

skywake wrote:

Having played them I can say with a fair amount of confidence that Arkham City and Assassin's Creed for example are easier games than New SMB U and 3D World. They're definitely easier than Shovel Knight.

I didn't find Shovel Knight to be very difficult. But Mutant Mudds... that's the most difficult game ever. I can't do anything there

Easier in the sense that I think I failed only a handful of times in Assassin's Creed and Batman. Assassin's Creed in particular failure seemed to be because of stupid crap like being seen when you were trying to assassinate someone. I mean seriously, the dude's right there, I can get him, why do I have to follow him for three blocks? By comparison with Shovel Knight every failure was 100% my lack of skill and I died multiple times on every level. That boss-rush near the end in particular, I didn't time it but I wouldn't be shocked if I spent an hour on just that. For comparison with Arkham City? I don't think I died more than once or twice for any of the bosses in the whole game. Most I beat without dying.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Storophanthus

Haa, finally the same topic I've been thinking this time..

You know, as s*ck as those Ubisoft people comment about Wii U gamers don't buy mature title, I started to think they are right..

I'm disappointed with the community, they voiced everywhere about how the 3rd parties are abandoning Nintendo, and how it was a bad port (yes some are), and how it was a very late release. But when Nintendo give them a solid action games like Bayonetta 2, they're gone... really can't force them to spend their own money though, but I think these "voices" are not really that many.. Maybe they are actually the same people with different accounts, maybe those people I met here are those same dude I met on IGN, GameSpot, etc.

While Nintendo's First party games can reach almost 30% - 40% ratio on their consoles, it's either they are really that good and would sell that much also when they are multiplat OR they are just fit on the right system with the right userbase.

I'm conducting some small experiment, with these Mario games.. I work on an educational science centre, it has many kids (high school, junior,), most of these type of the kids are avid gamers. I sometimes bought my 3DS and let them try the Mario Games, they usually stop after 3 courses, sometimes I asked them, what games they're planning to buy, what system do they have... well, most of them have PS4, a previous Wii owners.. they bought games like COD, GTA V, Watch Dogs.. yeah kids these days played those.

I also a part of some gaming communities, these are some mature dudes with wife, job and kids.. They play life simulation games (web based, and 3DS Fantasy Life), Dragon Age, Titanfall, Pokemon, Skyrim, Dragon Dogma, Final Fantasy.. I asked them about Animal Crossing, none of them played it, asked them about Dark Souls, they said it's too hard (what??) ...
They even comment, "why is the games like Smash Bros which is like 'that' got much hype attention? ", you hear them like 'that', thought I don't really know what they mean by 'that', I think it's some kind like those cartoon art (just a guess).

So when I wanted to buy Wii U on mid 2013, these dudes told me that I need to be patient for the upcoming PS4 because it has a lot of raw power (yeah they said a lot about graphics of the games).

So to summarise, I think those games doesn't appeal to this type of gamers i mentioned above (I don't know how to call them, they are 'that' kind, I know it when I see one of them, but I can't specifically tell the characteristic)

• It has a kiddy impression.
  • The raw power.
  • The advertisement is poor.
  • The type of games are just not for those 'kind'.

Before you bash me (I don't know why each time I go to the Nintendo's thread there is always a fight within).. I have a Wii U only this gen, no PC, oh yes a 3DS also, don't own other Ninty console beside NEs, and how do I get my Wii U? I bought it using months collected money supposedly for PS4, I did that to support Nintendo because I respect them.

Edited on by Storophanthus

Storophanthus

SCRAPPER392

That's because the voices clamoring for the type of 3rd party support Xbox and PS are getting, for Wii U, ARE very few. I'd be willing to bet that most Wii U owners never thought of buying games like Tekken, Assassin's Creed, Need For Speed, Mass Effect, etc, and it's because the games weren't on Wii or the quality was lacking. People aren't bling to that sort of thing. Tekken Tag 2 is the first Tekken game to EVER be on a Nintendo console(Tekken on 3DS is handheld).
Those 3rd party games being on Wii U at all is literally the only reason why I bought those games, especially when the library was smaller, and I favored having those games on Wii U instead of PS3, for obvious reasons.

My point is that you can't expect people to be buying those games when they lack presence and/or quality. I'd bet that most of the people criticising Wii U for lacking the current 3rd party line-up didn't buy the 3rd party games that were there, and any reasons they had not to buy those 3rd party games is just as good of a reason for any person who owns the console, to also not buy the games.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.