Wii U Forum

Topic: Anyone else a little....deflated?

Showing 221 to 240 of 385

AuthorMessage

Knux

221. Posted:

It's official, E3 isn't Christmas for gamers anymore. Despite that, Sony managed to blow (nearly) everyone away while their stocks rose. Nintendo succeeded in the opposite. Facts are facts, kiddies. ;)

Edited on by Knux

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

222. Posted:

It's interesting: Nintendo is doing what "core" (I use that term extremely loosely) gamers want, and they're still unhappy. Clearly they don't see how Nintendo is really investing in 3rd parties. Then, people complained "Why can't they do things like Microsoft or Sony?"

They show up with a WiiU Pro Controller was an option

"RAAAAGGGEEE!!! RIP OFFFFF!!!"

...But, you just said you wanted them to do Microsoft and Sony... And now that they do.. You don't want it? It's like Nintendo gives them an inch, and they want to take a mile (and more).

And then, there's the whole iPad Air Play thing (which I have yet to see any examples of similar experiences such as ZombiU, NintendoLand, or Lego City Undercover provided) and the Smartglass, the latter apparently going to kill WiiU. It's always (insert company name) killing Nintendo, never the other way around. Such hostility and desperateness is astounding.

Mind you, Nintendo has experimented with dual screen gaming before iPad AirPlay and even their own DS (remember the great Zelda Four Swords Adventures and FF: Crystal Chronicles?) and you can say a lite connection between handheld and console with SNES and Gameboy and N64...

All this hate and over reaction is a blast to watch and fun to call out those who are taking things a bit over the top. I should have popcorn ready at all times. What I have learned: Anything and everything Nintendo does, people are going to complain no matter what. People want Nintendo to do things like another company, and when they do it, they still complain. Everyone should know that Nintendo doesn't follow or at least likes to. They like to lead their own way.

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

Knux

223. Posted:

Whiners are always gonna whine for the sake of whining in the name of whining.

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

224. Posted:

Instead of writing my paragraphs, i could have wrote that. Short and to the point...

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

Bankai

225. Posted:

L4DYK0M1C wrote:

It's interesting: Nintendo is doing what "core" (I use that term extremely loosely) gamers want, and they're still unhappy. Clearly they don't see how Nintendo is really investing in 3rd parties. Then, people complained "Why can't they do things like Microsoft or Sony?"

They show up with a WiiU Pro Controller was an option

"RAAAAGGGEEE!!! RIP OFFFFF!!!"

...But, you just said you wanted them to do Microsoft and Sony... And now that they do.. You don't want it? It's like Nintendo gives them an inch, and they want to take a mile (and more).

And then, there's the whole iPad Air Play thing (which I have yet to see any examples of similar experiences such as ZombiU, NintendoLand, or Lego City Undercover provided) and the Smartglass, the latter apparently going to kill WiiU. It's always (insert company name) killing Nintendo, never the other way around. Such hostility and desperateness is astounding.

Mind you, Nintendo has experimented with dual screen gaming before iPad AirPlay and even their own DS (remember the great Zelda Four Swords Adventures and FF: Crystal Chronicles?) and you can say a lite connection between handheld and console with SNES and Gameboy and N64...

All this hate and over reaction is a blast to watch and fun to call out those who are taking things a bit over the top. I should have popcorn ready at all times. What I have learned: Anything and everything Nintendo does, people are going to complain no matter what. People want Nintendo to do things like another company, and when they do it, they still complain. Everyone should know that Nintendo doesn't follow or at least likes to. They like to lead their own way.

I reckon it'd be nice if the Wii U had games I was interested in. I leave the complaining about other things to other people :)

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

226. Posted:

I wasn't targeting you, really. I've seen far worse. I can say your criticisms are justified to a degree (opinions are opinions).

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

skywake

227. Posted:

evildevil97 wrote:

Sorry if this was already brought up, but with all the whining about E3, it just seems like everyone expected the moon and the stars. It's not like another E3 '08 when Wii Music was the main attraction. Check that one out again then bitch and moan about this year's. Sure, not many games were announced, but we have plenty coming our way. If you expected to get information on everything your heart desires and then some, of course you're going to be disappointed. This was a pretty good E3 from Nintendo.

It wasn't an E3 '08 and the next year does look better for Nintendo than it did in '08 but that's not a very high bar to set. When '08's E3 hit we had just seen Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Smash Bros Brawl, Phantom Hourglass and Mario Kart in the six months or so before. The Wii was a couple of years old and the DS was a good four years old and already had it's best years behind it. So expectations were much, much lower then they were this year and so it wasn't that much of a surprise when the best was Wii Sports Resort and Animal Crossing.

This year it was pretty much the same position Nintendo were in E3 2006. So I don't think anyone was expecting the "moon and the stars" but a trailer for a big game we'll see in late 2013 would have been nice. The fact that we're even comparing this E3 to 2008's E3 says it all I think.

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage

Bankai

228. Posted:

L4DYK0M1C wrote:

I wasn't targeting you, really. I've seen far worse. I can say your criticisms are justified to a degree (opinions are opinions).

[/div]

I agree that some people can't be pleased. Some of the criticisms I've read of all three of the console manufacturers (let alone Apple) over E3 have been very silly.

I think I understand to an extent though - a lot of people will only buy one or two gaming platforms. When that happens they expect that one gaming platform to fulfil all their gaming desires. When it inevitably doesn't, they look at the competition and complain that they're not getting that too.

No console or company can do everything. I'm fortunate that I own all the platforms, so for me all I really care about is the games. My problem with the Wii U is exclusively that - the 3DS promised a lot of games I was interested in (especially in Japan), and even though some of those games weren't delivered (Chocobo Racing :() it was enough to get me excited about the console.

The Wii U is a little more like the Vita. I'll be getting it on potential, because the launch lineup doesn't really appeal to me (admittedly niche) tastes. It's rare that hardware does - the PS3 has only got awesome for me in the last two years for similar reasons.

In conclusion? If Nintendo isn't enough to please you in itself, rather than complain about what it isn't doing, consider getting a second console!

Edited on by Bankai

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

skywake

229. Posted:

If they had cut some of the time from their NintendoLand demo and instead demoed a bit of Project P-100 on stage that would have made for a much, much better show. If they had done that AND shown a trailer for a big first party game right at the end with a big "2013" at the end it would have been a near-perfect show.

AuthorMessage

mamp

230. Posted:

@skywake also they could have shown more if they would have gotten rid of Ubisoft since they had their conference the previous day.

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

AuthorMessage

skywake

231. Posted:

@mamp Nah, Ubisoft was pretty much the bulk of the games I was interested in. If they were going to cut back on something demoed on stage they should have got rid of Sing, the Arkham City demo and spent half as much time on NintendoLand. Even knowing all of the Ubisoft stuff I'd say that Nintendo's conference would have probably been better if it was literally a word-for-word repeat of Ubisoft's show with Pikmin 3 at the end

AuthorMessage

kyuubikid213

232. Posted:

skywake wrote:

You buy a console so you can play a library of games that you currently can't play.[/strong]Standing here and looking into the Wii U's future we see Pikmin and New SMB at it's launch and a pile of games we could play on PS3/360/PC.[/strong]

From that perspective, you are saying that everyone has a PS3, a 360, and/or a PC that is powerful enough to play those games. Well, for your information, not everyone does. That means that these ports on the Wii U ARE a part of a library of games that people can't currently play. And standing here looking at the Wii U's games so far, here is what we have if we take off all of the ports.

New Super Mario Bros. U
Nintendo Land
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Lego City Undercover
ZombiU
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
TANK! TANK! TANK!
Project P-100
Game & Wario
Pikmin 3

And in case you didn't notice, I took the liberty of eliminating the dancing, singing, and fitness games. That is still a pretty decent lineup... Hope you enjoy that on your PS3/360/PC.

Edited on by kyuubikid213

Wii Owner, 3DS Owner, Wii U Owner

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I promise to be a mature individual. Request from theblackdragon

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

AuthorMessage

kyuubikid213

233. Posted:

@skywake
Why would you be so interested in them showing a trailer that says 2013? If it comes out in early 2013, we'll see all of the information here on nintendolife. If it comes out late 2013, then we'll see it at E3 2013.

Edited on by kyuubikid213

Wii Owner, 3DS Owner, Wii U Owner

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I promise to be a mature individual. Request from theblackdragon

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

234. Posted:

Knux wrote:

It's official, E3 isn't Christmas for gamers anymore. Despite that, Sony managed to blow (nearly) everyone away while their stocks rose. Nintendo succeeded in the opposite. Facts are facts, kiddies. ;)

Huh isn't Sony's stock at a all ike low since the 1980s?

And they are down $0.28 by this morning.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

235. Posted:

Also whoever suggested remount batman should be fired.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

AuthorMessage

skywake

236. Posted:

@kyuubikid213 ... two things
1) I meant what I said so don't try and tell me what I am trying to say from my "perspective". I didn't say that everyone has a PS3/360 I was saying that those were the sort of games you could already play on the 360/PS3. If Assassin's Creed 3, Mass Effect 3 or Batman: Arkham City are the games to buy the Wii U for at launch why not just get them for the 360/PS3? Hell, why not walk down to the shops and buy a PS3/360 with two of those games right now? These are reasons to buy a HD console not reasons to get a Wii U specifically. So as I said, I look at that list and see New SMB and Pikmin.

2) Why would I be interested in a trailer that says 2013? ..... Watch Dogs this year? Skyward Sword in 2010? Super Mario Galaxy in 2006? Why wouldn't I be?

edit: for the record, I'm getting the Wii U. I wanted to see more at the show but I'm a Nintendo nut. I want to play my VC games on the tablet, I want to play Pikmin 3 which looks awesome and I'll probably grab ZombiU which looks pretty cool. But I'm posting a message on here and I follow Nintendo stuffs so they're preaching to the converted when they show me games. I just wanted to see what 2013 will bring so I can be a little bit more comfortable when I lay out the cash for this new probably-more-expensive-than-a-PS3 piece of kit. I want to know that even if it goes the way of the Gamecube I'll still be getting a couple of the games I'm really buying it for. How do I know that E3 2013 won't be like E3 2008?

Edited on by skywake

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

237. Posted:

kyuubikid213 wrote:

@skywake
Why would you be so interested in them showing a trailer that says 2013? If it comes out in early 2013, we'll see all of the information here on nintendolife. If it comes out late 2013, then we'll see it at E3 2013.

Be uaze thats not how the industry works and that's how you deflate hyper for your product.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

BenAV

238. Posted:

To be honest, I'd probably rather them waiting until games are getting close before announcing them, as long waits for highly anticipated games are painful.
Still sucks when they go through a whole E3 with no huge surprises though.

Oh well, more on the way early in the Wii U's lifetime than I could ever afford! (Especially when you add all the 3DS games coming out around the same time)

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: True Teikoku | Club ID: 9697C6E03

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

239. Posted:

There was surprises at E3

Watchdogs
Star Wars 1313
unreal 4 demos
P-100

WAT!

AuthorMessage

BenAV

240. Posted:

Oh, I meant surprises that I'm really interested in (which also means for Nintendo platforms).
My bad for not making that clear.

P-100 does look interesting, but finding out about it by just reading about it in an article is kind of boring, and I'm still unsure on it at the moment.
ZombiU has me pretty exciting too to be honest, but still not that really exciting announcement I was hoping for from Nintendo.

At least Nintendo's Pre-E3 Nintendo Direct was awesome and I'm really excited for getting the Wii U along with all the games I can afford for it as there seems to be so many.

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: True Teikoku | Club ID: 9697C6E03

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV