Forums

Topic: Anyone else a little....deflated?

Posts 221 to 240 of 372

kyuubikid213

skywake wrote:

You buy a console so you can play a library of games that you currently can't play.[/strong]Standing here and looking into the Wii U's future we see Pikmin and New SMB at it's launch and a pile of games we could play on PS3/360/PC.[/strong]

From that perspective, you are saying that everyone has a PS3, a 360, and/or a PC that is powerful enough to play those games. Well, for your information, not everyone does. That means that these ports on the Wii U ARE a part of a library of games that people can't currently play. And standing here looking at the Wii U's games so far, here is what we have if we take off all of the ports.

New Super Mario Bros. U
Nintendo Land
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Lego City Undercover
ZombiU
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
TANK! TANK! TANK!
Project P-100
Game & Wario
Pikmin 3

And in case you didn't notice, I took the liberty of eliminating the dancing, singing, and fitness games. That is still a pretty decent lineup... Hope you enjoy that on your PS3/360/PC.

Edited on by kyuubikid213

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

kyuubikid213

@skywake
Why would you be so interested in them showing a trailer that says 2013? If it comes out in early 2013, we'll see all of the information here on nintendolife. If it comes out late 2013, then we'll see it at E3 2013.

Edited on by kyuubikid213

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

shingi_70

Knux wrote:

It's official, E3 isn't Christmas for gamers anymore. Despite that, Sony managed to blow (nearly) everyone away while their stocks rose. Nintendo succeeded in the opposite. Facts are facts, kiddies.

Huh isn't Sony's stock at a all ike low since the 1980s?

And they are down $0.28 by this morning.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

shingi_70

Also whoever suggested remount batman should be fired.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

skywake

@kyuubikid213 ... two things
1) I meant what I said so don't try and tell me what I am trying to say from my "perspective". I didn't say that everyone has a PS3/360 I was saying that those were the sort of games you could already play on the 360/PS3. If Assassin's Creed 3, Mass Effect 3 or Batman: Arkham City are the games to buy the Wii U for at launch why not just get them for the 360/PS3? Hell, why not walk down to the shops and buy a PS3/360 with two of those games right now? These are reasons to buy a HD console not reasons to get a Wii U specifically. So as I said, I look at that list and see New SMB and Pikmin.

2) Why would I be interested in a trailer that says 2013? ..... Watch Dogs this year? Skyward Sword in 2010? Super Mario Galaxy in 2006? Why wouldn't I be?

edit: for the record, I'm getting the Wii U. I wanted to see more at the show but I'm a Nintendo nut. I want to play my VC games on the tablet, I want to play Pikmin 3 which looks awesome and I'll probably grab ZombiU which looks pretty cool. But I'm posting a message on here and I follow Nintendo stuffs so they're preaching to the converted when they show me games. I just wanted to see what 2013 will bring so I can be a little bit more comfortable when I lay out the cash for this new probably-more-expensive-than-a-PS3 piece of kit. I want to know that even if it goes the way of the Gamecube I'll still be getting a couple of the games I'm really buying it for. How do I know that E3 2013 won't be like E3 2008?

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

shingi_70

kyuubikid213 wrote:

@skywake
Why would you be so interested in them showing a trailer that says 2013? If it comes out in early 2013, we'll see all of the information here on nintendolife. If it comes out late 2013, then we'll see it at E3 2013.

Be uaze thats not how the industry works and that's how you deflate hyper for your product.

WAT!

BenAV

To be honest, I'd probably rather them waiting until games are getting close before announcing them, as long waits for highly anticipated games are painful.
Still sucks when they go through a whole E3 with no huge surprises though.

Oh well, more on the way early in the Wii U's lifetime than I could ever afford! (Especially when you add all the 3DS games coming out around the same time)

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

shingi_70

There was surprises at E3

Watchdogs
Star Wars 1313
unreal 4 demos
P-100

WAT!

BenAV

Oh, I meant surprises that I'm really interested in (which also means for Nintendo platforms).
My bad for not making that clear.

P-100 does look interesting, but finding out about it by just reading about it in an article is kind of boring, and I'm still unsure on it at the moment.
ZombiU has me pretty exciting too to be honest, but still not that really exciting announcement I was hoping for from Nintendo.

At least Nintendo's Pre-E3 Nintendo Direct was awesome and I'm really excited for getting the Wii U along with all the games I can afford for it as there seems to be so many.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Snagrio

I have to say, I feel terrible for Nintendo. Basically like @L4DYK0M1C said, people complained about the lack of 3rd party "hardcore" games. So the company brings in zombies, gory ninjas, and the like. And what does everybody do? Still complain. Poor Nintendo just gets hate wherever it goes...

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Wheels2050

BenAV wrote:

To be honest, I'd probably rather them waiting until games are getting close before announcing them, as long waits for highly anticipated games are painful.
Still sucks when they go through a whole E3 with no huge surprises though.

Oh well, more on the way early in the Wii U's lifetime than I could ever afford! (Especially when you add all the 3DS games coming out around the same time)

Each to their own. I'd prefer to have at least some idea of what's on the horizon if I'm going to be shelling out a lot of money for a new console. It's not enough for me to be told, "Here's a list of things you can expect in the first couple of months. Please buy our console, and trust us that good games will still come later".

I come from a PC gaming background where games are often announced a year or two before they get released. I like that. To my mind, holding out on announcing a game until a few months before launch can be damaging to a company (such as the long wait before Xenoblade Chronicles was announced for NA). I can also see reasons to hold off - you want to retain some excitement for the eventual release - but I personally prefer announcements earlier. It's what frustrated me a bit with the Wii in the last few years.

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

Ryno

You know why people are complaining about Nintendo's E3 conference? It's because they had a presentation about a new console they are about to launch and spent most of the time dancing, singing, and playing in la-la Nintendoland. You think the core PS3ers and 360ers are envious of the new Nintendo console and are going to start spending some of their disposable income on licensed Nintendo products now?

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

skywake

WingedFish wrote:

I have to say, I feel terrible for Nintendo. Basically like @L4DYK0M1C said, people complained about the lack of 3rd party "hardcore" games. So the company brings in zombies, gory ninjas, and the like. And what does everybody do? Still complain. Poor Nintendo just gets hate wherever it goes...

Not really a surprise because they're two different things. When a new Nintendo console launches you can pretty much expect there to be complaining when there's no talk about what the new Marios, Zeldas and Metroids are going to look like. Same with the lack of top tier games, when the console doesn't have the AAA third party games people are going to say "I'm not happy about the console because it isn't getting the AAA third party game".

Nobody is complaining about the fact that the Wii U is getting Pikmin 3, nobody is complaining that the Wii U is getting games like Assassin's Creed 3 and nobody is complaining about the fact that it has a traditional controller. They're complaining about the lack of info on the big games we want to hear about and they complained about the lack of AAA third party games on the Wii. I think that's a pretty fair call.

CommanderAudio

WingedFish wrote:

But they were hyping/releasing/etc mostly casual games at thier absolute peak. So the image of Ninty being family friendly is going to stay there forever. And trust me, when your trying to appeal to a hardcore audience, Nintendo Land isn't going to help you alot

Fire is more fun with friends, kids!
Formerly known as PikminMonster
Choose Your Own Adventure!
3DS FC:4554-0106-9407
Let me know if you add me, but PLEASE DON'T send me spam in ...

skywake

Ryno wrote:

You know why people are complaining about Nintendo's E3 conference? It's because they had a presentation about a new console they are about to launch and spent most of the time dancing, singing, and playing in la-la Nintendoland. You think the core PS3ers and 360ers are envious of the new Nintendo console and are going to start spending some of their disposable income on licensed Nintendo products now?

PikminMonster wrote:

But they were hyping/releasing/etc mostly casual games at thier absolute peak. So the image of Ninty being family friendly is going to stay there forever. And trust me, when your trying to appeal to a hardcore audience, Nintendo Land isn't going to help you alot

Who cares? If they're "core gamers" they would already have Nintendo stuffs. They'd have a Wii sitting in their house and DKCR, Skyward Sword and Xenoblade sitting on the shelf next to it. They'll also probably end up getting the Wii U purely for Pikmin 3 and ZombiU

Really, why would anyone care who "wins the game"? The problem is that big question mark over the Wii U for 2013/2014

Edited on by skywake

Ryno

skywake wrote:

Who cares? If they're "core gamers" they would already have Nintendo stuffs. They'd have a Wii sitting in their house and DKCR, Skyward Sword and Xenoblade sitting on the shelf next to it. They'll also probably end up getting the Wii U purely for Pikmin 3 and ZombiU

Really, why would anyone care who "wins the game"? The problem is that big question mark over the Wii U for 2013/2014

[/div]

Who cares? Nintendo does and if they don't they should.

1 X360 Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier 670,866
2 PS3 Dragon's Dogma 437,742
3 PC Diablo III 311,431
4 PS3 Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier 234,932
5 X360 Max Payne 3 210,809
6 PS3 Max Payne 3 176,436
7 X360 Dragon's Dogma 161,830
8 3DS Mario Tennis 143,634
9 PSP Uta no Prince-Sama: Debut 65,332
10 Wii Mario Party 9 60,964
Source: http://www.vgchartz.com/

I am sure Nintendo would like to get some of that action that the 360 and PS3 are currently receiving.

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Gamesake

That's good news. Getting Tom Clancy and Max Payne onto the Wii U won't be difficult.

...in my pants.

skywake

@Ryno
I wasn't talking about Nintendo's shareholders I was talking about gamers. Why should any gamer care about whether or not the self proclaimed "hardcore" gamers are interested in the Wii U? I'd wager they are already but even if they weren't why would I care or complain?

The only problem with Nintendo's E3 list of games is that it has nothing between Feb and Aug 2013 and doesn't hint at anything for Aug to Dec 2013. You'd think that if they had a HD Metroid or something that was two years into a three year development they'd want to show it off. Makes me worry that either they've got some crazy ass strategy that involves not getting me excited about the Wii U for it's first year, that E3 means nothing to them anymore or that there will be a bunch of shiny new consoles doing not much game playing in 2013.

shingi_70

My problem with Wii U is beyond this year there isn't anything to look forward to next year. Look at the playstaion guys they have stuff in the pipeline for early 2013. Event me as a xbox User has something to look forawrd next year in the form of the next gears, third party titles and the xbla stuff.

And I'm still in disbelief that they somehow screwdriver up a E3 where there was literally no way they should have lost. But for me personally they came in last place out of the big three.

WAT!

komicturtle

There are loads of games coming out in 2013, actually. Some of the games on Nintendo's E3 website are set to launch after December (Game & Wario for example), plus, there's 3rd party games likes Aliens rolling out Let's not forget come TGS, we'll probably hear news of brand new games for WiiU. On my end, there's lots to look forward to. Every launch of a console share the same problems. 360 took awhile to pick up steam, hell, the launch games didn't look that much "better" than the last generation. And it's launch line-up was really paltry compared to WiiU's launch line-up.

komicturtle

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.