Forums

Topic: Anyone else a little....deflated?

Posts 241 to 260 of 372

warioswoods

Ryno wrote:

Who cares? Nintendo does and if they don't they should.

1 X360 Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier 670,866
2 PS3 Dragon's Dogma 437,742
3 PC Diablo III 311,431
4 PS3 Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier 234,932
5 X360 Max Payne 3 210,809
6 PS3 Max Payne 3 176,436
7 X360 Dragon's Dogma 161,830
8 3DS Mario Tennis 143,634
9 PSP Uta no Prince-Sama: Debut 65,332
10 Wii Mario Party 9 60,964
Source: http://www.vgchartz.com/

I am sure Nintendo would like to get some of that action that the 360 and PS3 are currently receiving.

To be fair, though, Nintendo's sales are much more cycle and holiday based than the others. Look at any week around just this past Christmas (when the Wii was in its final decline!) and you'll see that total software on the Wii was still outpacing its rivals.

Global Software by Platform - Week Ending 24th Dec 2011
Platform Weekly (change) Total
Wii 12,701,062 (+21%) 754,685,049
X360 12,109,477 (+25%) 587,641,412
PS3 10,185,721 (+17%) 498,914,335

http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/40902/Global/

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

Ryno

@Skywake: You are asking why I care if a company I like is successful. Simple, I want to see them stay in business.

I agree with you that Nintendo did not do a good job of encouraging gamers to imagine all the amazing and exciting Wii U possibilities in the near future. They did a better job of that at last year’s E3 with the Zelda Wii U demo.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

shingi_70

They didn't show me why I need a wii u. Where was the title that scremed this is next gen and this can't be done on current hardware. Everything looks like high rezed wii games for the most part. I will admit pikmin 3 had some nice stuff.

As far as I'm concerned the wii u is a 360 ducktaped to an ipad.

E3 is where your going to garner the most media attention. Tgs and nintendo directs won't be reprted on but come closer to the holiday people are going to say when I played it at e3 it was meh the other systems are a better deal.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

komicturtle

How is it a 360 ducktaped to an iPad? When there's substantial evidence that proves otherwise? Have you gone out and done your research? Or are you just hopping on a bandwagon and going with the majority who are ignorant of the inconvenient truth that WiiU is a next gen console?

They may have not showed you why you need a WiiU (you don't really need such things as video games anyways), but they already convinced me. Time and time again, I've been hesitant to pick up and X360 because it lacks the exclusives that sets it apart from Playstation and Nintendo. Halo, Gears and Fable are not enough. I'm so close to getting a PS3 but I'm holding out for WiiU because I know Sony will drop the price of their PS3 to attract potential WiiU buyers. Then again, I can always use my brother's PS3... Was never interested in playing his Xbox 360.. Always snuck on to play some PS3...

But again, that's just me. Everyone's standards are different.

komicturtle

skywake

L4DYK0M1C wrote:

There are loads of games coming out in 2013, actually. [names two]

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
An opinion is only respectable if it can be defended. Respect people, not opinions

komicturtle

skywake wrote:

L4DYK0M1C wrote:

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

You forgot the other 3rd party games for next year. And there's potentially more on the E3 website.. I just have a feeling that Wario game is coming out next year... :3

When you take a piece of what I say, you make it seem like I said "There's loads of games coming out in 2013 for WiiU and they are Game and Wario and Aliens", it doesn't sound right now does it?

Edited on by komicturtle

komicturtle

Ryno

@warioswoods: Yes, agreed Nintendo games are more cyclical or holiday based but that is not good as in business Cash Flow is King. Sure they have sold more overall but they had a rough year last year. Sony did as well. How did Microsoft do financially last year, I'm sure Sony_70 can tell me. What will be interesting to see is if there recent financial struggles will continue or if it was only temporary.

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Reala

I think the wii u not being a next gen system kinda claim probably comes from a spec point of view much like wii went through, it seems more in line with 360 and PS3 which are current gen systems in fact judging by what was shown I didn't get the impression wii u was much more graphically powerful if at all than the current 2 other consoles, also the new ways to play brought about largely thanks to the wiimote isn't really a new concept anymore so doesn't have a huge impact I don't think in the way the wiimote did for wii, as for the 3rd party support it looks good but way too much of it is available right now on other systems so not all that great for multi console owners.

Reala

skywake

L4DYK0M1C wrote:

skywake wrote:

L4DYK0M1C wrote:

You forgot the other 3rd party games for next year. And there's potentially more on the E3 website.. I just have a feeling that Wario game is coming out next year... :3

When you take a piece of what I say, you make it seem like I said "There's loads of games coming out in 2013 for WiiU and they are Game and Wario and Aliens", it doesn't sound right now does it?

Name one new game that's confirmed for the Wii U beyond the "launch window" (Nov 2012 - Feb 2013)

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
An opinion is only respectable if it can be defended. Respect people, not opinions

shingi_70

It was a joke. Kind of like the wii is two gamecubes taped together. I know that full well the Wii U is next gen.

I was expecting something closer to the Wii reveal. That and Ghost Recon Online is nowhere to be seen.

Also Microsoft has down pretty well last quater. The xbox makes a profit and has. E'en for years but its stuck in the same division as windows phone and things like payment to nokia and other third parotes make up a loss.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=470915
http://www.microsoft.com/investor/EarningsAndFinancials/Earni...

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

komicturtle

I already did. Aliens. That's not a "new" game? Ghost Recon Online as well. We're in the middle of June. WiiU has yet to be released. If you believe that at E3 is all we're ever going to hear about new games coming to the platform, well, oh well. That's on you.

People acting like it's November right now or something (x_x;)

komicturtle

Ryno

@L4DYK0M1C: Nintendo appreciates your fandom. Unfortunately for Nintendo though, not every gamer is like you and gamers were looking to E3 to get hyped up.

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

komicturtle

I was modest even though the presentations (minus Ubisoft) were severely underwhelming. Had nothing to do with fandom. It's more to do with being optimistic.

komicturtle

Cakes

And didn't Reggie say they were ONLY showing games that would release in the launch window? So the fact that we don't know of any games beyond Feb. 2013 is not surprising.

Nintendo is damned if they do and damned if they don't. When 3DS was first revealed they showed a bunch of future software (Paper Mario, Luigi's Mansion) and then people were mad when they didn't come out at launch. When they finally show them off when the games were ready to release, people complain they're not showing anything new. The public will never be happy. I think once the dust settles and people calm down, Nintendo's plan will make more sense. Once they tease or reveal the first BIG new Wii U game, these same complainers are gonna freak out and fall down in ecstasy.

Contributing writer at killscreendaily.com and pastemagazine.com
Wii: 1134-6733-6423-3945
3DS: 4682-8453-5026

shingi_70

First impressions are everything.

Do you think you or nintendo finds it odd more people are talking a out smartglass than wii u.

I dunno was hoping for more that 1 new ip and a sequel that isn't more of the same.

WAT!

MAB

Ladies and gentleman we don't have much going on at the moment we have a shooter and a shooter and here is another shooter also we have a counter attack for the WiiU control it is an ipad now everybody put your hands together for a washed up Michael Jackson rip-off USHERRRR!

MAB

komicturtle

I don't care if more people are talking more about smartglass. And I don't find it odd at all especially with in this generation. And every time someone is talking about smartglass, WiiU is brought up, so, they're pretty much even....

And if you want a sequel to not be more of the same- breaking news, at least every sequel of every game are the same. And new IP? Talk to Microsoft. They haven't been doing anything at all when it comes to new IPs in the 10 years they've been in the gaming industry because they're too busy paying off 3rd parties. They formed a company for Halo Wars- a month or two after release, they closed the studio down. Nintendo has been bringing in new IPs all the time- not in the same scale of Mario or Zelda, but great IPs noneoftheless. Shigeru Miyamoto is surely working on something brand new because he's always been talking about it. Last year, they hired a new generation of developers to work in a brand new studio Nintendo is constructing in Japan. Your new IPs are on the way. I just wish Nintendo brought back Ice Climbers and Balloon Fight- maybe as short games on eShop. Nintendo has a backlog of IPs that need to be brought back before they can make new ones. That's what I think, at least.

komicturtle

shingi_70

New ips from microsoft shown at e3 and coming this year
Wreckateer
Ascend new gods
Deadlight
Hybrid
Dust an elysian tale
Crimsion dragon
Diabolical pitch
Haunt
Matter
Lococycle

Please try again

WAT!

ShadowChaos

ubisoft is working on the pc version of Ghost Recon Online first once they finish it than they will focus on the WII U version

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_Recon_Online

3DS FC: 1633-4304-0741
"This is war; survival is your responsibility" ~ HUNK
Today is a baby win, Tomorrow is a big boy win
When theres no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.

komicturtle

Sony_70 wrote:

New ips from microsoft shown at e3 and coming this year
Wreckateer
Ascend new gods
Deadlight
Hybrid
Dust an elysian tale
Crimsion dragon
Diabolical pitch
Haunt
Matter
Lococycle

Please try again

Those are published by Microsoft and developed by 3rd parties.

You should try again.

komicturtle

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.