Forums

Topic: 2.2 Million Wii U Units Sold So Far

Posts 41 to 60 of 111

Hokori

stephbm6 wrote:

Hokori wrote:

Kyloctopus wrote:

I think the real news we should be focusing on is that the WiiU has already beaten the Xbox's lifetime sales in Japan.

Oh yeah so true gotta love it

Yeah, lets see the Wii U beat the 360 sales in the U.S. it's not going to happen.

Just like the way the 360 beat the original wii? Oh wait

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of...

moomoo

Hokori wrote:

Fanboys are lame when it comes to sales and junk, me though, I go for the underdog, the one that won't get hype

So... not Nintendo then? 3DS is making circles around the Vita, the Wii's worldwide sales trump those of the 360 and the PS3, and the Wii U is currently outselling the other next-gen consoles by infinity because they haven't been released yet.

If you were really cheering for the underdog, you'd cheer for the Vita. That thing has some pretty bad sales numbers and is constantly being made fun of by people because of its lack of games despite not having any sort of shortage in the gaming department.

Edited on by moomoo

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

Hokori

@moomoo while sales of the 3DS are better, EVERYWHERE I go people say they'd rather buy a Vita then a 3Ds and said WiiU is crap because 360 and PS3 are better
So in my experience Nintendos the underdog

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of...

CanisWolfred

Hokori wrote:

@moomoo while sales of the 3DS are better, EVERYWHERE I go people say they'd rather buy a Vita then a 3Ds and said WiiU is crap because 360 and PS3 are better
So in my experience Nintendos the underdog

A vocal minority =/= the majority. Otherwise Dreamcast 3 would've won the console race by now. Nintendo's doing fine-ish. The Wii U could be doing better, but they're making plenty from the 3DS, and probably have plenty left in the bank from the Wii.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

Otto-Soq

I have an XBox360. I use it as a dvd player. Wii U will be my next console for at least 5 years.

3ds code: 3840-5310-3696
psn: Eefje&Otto

SCAR

CanisWolfred wrote:

CouchPotato wrote:

I have an XBox360. I use it as a dvd player. Wii U will be my next console for at least 5 years.

Speaking of which - does the Wii U play DVDs?

No. It technically can play DVDs/custom blu-rays, which is better, but you still can't just play whatever on it like PS3. It can, but it won't in other words.

Edited on by SCAR

$¢@®

Otto-Soq

I meant; play movies through usb-stick.

3ds code: 3840-5310-3696
psn: Eefje&Otto

CanisWolfred

SCAR392 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

CouchPotato wrote:

I have an XBox360. I use it as a dvd player. Wii U will be my next console for at least 5 years.

Speaking of which - does the Wii U play DVDs?

No. It technically can play DVDs/custom blu-rays, which is better, but you still can't just play whatever on it like PS3. It can, but it won't in other words.

I see. Sounds like a bit of a waste to not just make it a feature of the console if you're gonna include the parts. But oh well, I still got a DVD player...somewhere...oh, yeah, my computer.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

SCAR

Whatever way you play movies on PS3/Xbox 360, whether it be blurays, DVD, USB, streaming, Wii U can do it, Nintendo just locks the console and leaves alot of features unused, because of piracy. I've seen PS3 consoles literally copy a bluray PS3 game, and write it onto the HDD. It's totally illegal by business standards, but it really shows that alot more is possible from these consoles than what the companies make apparent.

$¢@®

Knux

It's still selling worse than the Wii did, which is not a good sign.

Knux

Shrapmo

Hokori wrote:

stephbm6 wrote:

Hokori wrote:

Kyloctopus wrote:

I think the real news we should be focusing on is that the WiiU has already beaten the Xbox's lifetime sales in Japan.

Oh yeah so true gotta love it

Yeah, lets see the Wii U beat the 360 sales in the U.S. it's not going to happen.

Just like the way the 360 beat the original wii? Oh wait

Total and complete BURN!

Here is a new petition to get Metal Gear Solid Rising: Revengence on the Wii U!!!
http://www.change.org/petitions/konami-platinum-games-metal-gear-rising-revengeance-for-the-nintendo-wii-u

TsunamiSensei

In 1 month, the Wii U is at a tenth of what the gamecube did in 5 years. Not bad.

"Books are the real treasures of the world!"
-Skeletor

Nintendo Network ID: Popo_man

kkslider5552000

Knux wrote:

It's still selling worse than the Wii did, which is not a good sign.

again, there is no reality in which it was going to do as well. Wii was lightning in a bottle.

Try a XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X LET'S PLAY now for the cost of nothing! : D
LeT's PlAy XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X (blind)

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

skywake

Was lurking around on a PC gamer forum before in the "console gaming" section. Interesting to see what the PC gamer thoughts on console gaming is. Two opinions of pretty much equal volume.
1) Console gaming sucks, visuals suck, tech sucks, no cheaper as they claim, controls suck etc, etc
2) Nintendo is awesome, LOVE the Wii U, Skyward Sword was one of the best games of the last few years

So Nintendo still has something that nobody else has and while they keep it you won't see them failing to sell decent numbers. Despite the hype I still think one of either Sony or MS is going to have the most trouble. The way I see it it's a battle for the "not-Nintendo" gaming space rather than Nintendo vs Sony vs XBox vs PC.

OneZeoN wrote:

Especially when most of the people interested in the console will have bought one by now

Well given the Wii had sold ~3% of total sales so far by the end of 2006 and the PS3, which had an average launch, had sold ~1.7%.... I think it would be safe to say that most of the people interested wouldn't have one yet. Just putting that out there.

NNID: skywake
Musics to set the tone: Think, Dance, Relax

Schprocket

OneZeoN wrote:

ClassicJetterz wrote:

If this is true, wonderful news indeed. More consoles sold means more games likely to come out in a better time frame.

You do understand these numbers are not great??

Especially when most of the people interested in the console will have bought one by now
Only BIG price cuts and things called "games" will save it in the future.

And once Microsoft and Sony have revealed the future 360/ps3 then Nintendo will sell even less as people wait for them

So please enlighten me exactly as to what is that you - and everybody else who posts the same generic response - expects from Sony and Microsoft.

I keep reading 'Yousa guys, yousa gonna wait for PS720!!111!!' but I have yet to see any links or read any actual specifications.

I'll tell you all this much - the graphics won't get higher resolution until TVs undergo another radical upgrade of standards, so what else are you all expecting that's going to come in costing less than US$400???

I seriously doubt that many of the nay-sayers have a handle on technical limitations and cost but I hope to be surprised by a well-researched response....

Edited on by Schprocket

NOW'S THE TIME ON SPROCKETS WHEN Wii U DANCE!!!

Nintendo Network ID: Schprocket

Bankai

Schprocket wrote:

OneZeoN wrote:

ClassicJetterz wrote:

If this is true, wonderful news indeed. More consoles sold means more games likely to come out in a better time frame.

You do understand these numbers are not great??

Especially when most of the people interested in the console will have bought one by now
Only BIG price cuts and things called "games" will save it in the future.

And once Microsoft and Sony have revealed the future 360/ps3 then Nintendo will sell even less as people wait for them

So please enlighten me exactly as to what is that you - and everybody else who posts the same generic response - expects from Sony and Microsoft.

I keep reading 'Yousa guys, yousa gonna wait for PS720!!111!!' but I have yet to see any links or read any actual specifications.

I'll tell you all this much - the graphics won't get higher resolution until TVs undergo another radical upgrade of standards, so what else are you all expecting that's going to come in costing less than US$400???

I seriously doubt that many of the nay-sayers have a handle on technical limitations and cost but I hope to be surprised by a well-researched response....

Interesting that you assume the only thing the next gen hardware from Sony and Microsoft will offer is upgraded graphics. Silly assumption that completely ignores everyting that those two compnies have been doing in the last few years.

Sony's acquisiton of Gaikai and Microsft's heavy investment in Cloud technology are clear indications that the nxt gen of consoles from those companies are going to offer innovations well beyond mere graphic updates.

Furthermore, more powerful hardware means more that simply prettier visuals. It means enhanced AI, larger worlds, better framerates and plenty other things that free up developers to do more new creative experiences.

MAB

Yeah bigger magic wand/spellbook worlds and more detailed full body waggle mini game compilations

MAB

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic