Wii Virtual Console Forum

Topic: Mario Kart 64

Showing 1 to 15 of 15

AuthorMessage

Ste

1. Posted:

So at least here in the USA, we have the chance to use coins to get Mario Kart 64, Would anyone know if you can use Gamecube controllers for this game, and is there a way to find out what type of controller is needed for any wiiware or VC game whether it is on the wii or the wii u?
Thanks for any help you can share.

Feel free to add me and contact me
Darn you Nintendo, my backlog is already out of control and you are just making it worse with these new game announcements!!!!

AuthorMessage

Aldebaran

2. Posted:

Lucky you have Club Nintendo in the US

As far as I know you can play N64 titles with Classic Controller or Game Cube Controller

Aldebaran

Twitter: shoryuken39

AuthorMessage

brooks83

3. Posted:

Yes you can play with GameCube controllers. I also believe that when you look at a game in the Wii shop it shows the compatible controllers for the game.

brooks83

AuthorMessage

Omega

4. Posted:

When I'm not completely wrong: On the Wii you can play all Virtual Console games, without exception, with the Classic Controller and the Gamecube Controller.

Edited on by Omega

Ωɱɛɡɑ

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

5. Posted:

If you have the older Wii models than yes you can use a GC controller on all VC games I believe. Now if you have a newer Wii or plan to play this on the Wii U in the Wii mode than no you can't use the GC controllers.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Bass_X0

6. Posted:

Omega wrote:

When I'm not completely wrong: On the Wii you can play all Virtual Console games, without exception, with the Classic Controller and the Gamecube Controller.

I dislike using a Gamecube controller for SNES games since the placement of the buttons are awkward if they cannot be customised.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

AuthorMessage

Whopper744

7. Posted:

Bass_X0 wrote:

Omega wrote:

I dislike using a Gamecube controller for SNES games since the placement of the buttons are awkward if they cannot be customised.

Yeah I agree with this. If you are playing any SNES games but sure to use a classic controller. Donkey Kong Country is a fantastic game itself, but don't even try running and jumping at the same time on it if you are using a GC controller.

Nintendo ID : Whopper744
Fellow WV residents and MK8 fans...join the WV Cup today! 3052 9702 2828

Join Koopalings Thursdays! 5842-3656-8790

(used to be Joshers744...changed it to my Nintendo ID)

-John 3:16

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

AuthorMessage

Omega

8. Posted:

True. The classic controller is designed a lot like the Super NES Controller so this would be the best choice for SNES games. But for some N64 games (like Sin & Punishment) I much rather prefer the GCN controller.

Ωɱɛɡɑ

AuthorMessage

Electricmastro

9. Posted:

Backloggery. Now playing: Batman: Arkham City - Armored Edition, Tomb Raider: Anniversary, Pac-Man World, Golden Sun, Kirby & the Amazing Mirror, Crash Bandicoot: The Huge Adventure and Final Fantasy II (Final Fantasy IV).

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

AuthorMessage

Zeldalover

10. Posted:

So what about the people who have the new reconfigured Wii model? They won't have much of an experience with the N64 games, since it removes GameCube backwards compatibility and controller support (so many are stuck with the Classic Controller / CC Pro option). Plus where would one acquire a GC controller nowadays even if you do have one of the older Wii models? I would like a big analog stick in the center so it feels like on my N64 which is much more comfortable.

Edited on by Zeldalover

Zeldalover

AuthorMessage

HawkeyeWii

11. Posted:

I still want to see someone get 1st place on Banshee Board Walk on 150cc

Wii U username: KitKat_H12 (Unfortunately HawkeyeWii was already taken some how)
I STREAM LIVE GAMEPLAY AND SPEEDRUNS OF GAMES ON MY twitch channel here: http://www.twitch.tv/hawkeyewii

Friend Codes3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter: HawkeyeWii

AuthorMessage

RedYoshi999

12. Posted:

Zeldalover wrote:

So what about the people who have the new reconfigured Wii model? They won't have much of an experience with the N64 games, since it removes GameCube backwards compatibility and controller support (so many are stuck with the Classic Controller / CC Pro option). Plus where would one acquire a GC controller nowadays even if you do have one of the older Wii models? I would like a big analog stick in the center so it feels like on my N64 which is much more comfortable.

Well, I always preferred using a classic controller pro over gamecube controllers for VC games anyway. I got all of mine from ebay but stores still sell 3rd party controllers branded for the Wii. Also, there are adapters available for you to use your original N64 controllers and plug them into the GCN controller ports if you so desire. I hope MK64 comes to Wii U VC soon, it would be awesome to use the Pro controller and the GamePad with custom controls!

Wii FC: 8618 6010 9640 8956

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8576-2407 | Nintendo Network ID: RedYoshi999

AuthorMessage

Zeldalover

13. Posted:

@HawkeyeWii I'll have to second that. : )

Zeldalover

AuthorMessage

MarceloKamui

14. Posted:

do you know if we can play it on the wiiu using the wii classic controller pro?

Let's play Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate!!! o/

Nintendo Network ID: marcelokamui

AuthorMessage

BearHunger

15. Posted:

@MarceloKamui Yes you can.

BearHunger

Nintendo Network ID: Bear_Hunger