Forums

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 4,961 to 4,975 of 4,975

darkswabber

@Tasuki it isn’t I just like to share any purchase in this treat, normally I wait until something retro is among it but I didn’t this time.

darkswabber

Twitter:

Nemodius

not an actual purchase per se', but a person near by was having a yard sale Sunday, Tuesday there was a box of stuff on the side of the street in front of his house that said "free", I looked in and saw some games...
NES:
Final Fantasy
Ultima: Exodus
and Battle of Olympus

so I grabbed, lucky me

Edited on by Nemodius

"If failure is the greatest teacher, how come we are not the most superior beings in the universe ???"

ReaderRagfish

@Nemodius Is Ultima Exodus any good? I remember seeing it in Nintendo Power and thinking it looked pretty cool, but Nintendo Power back then made every game look good.

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

ogo79

KingMike wrote:

@ogo79 Weird, I had a dream of finding a rental shop that only rents rare games (renting was probably how a lot of people played the "rare" games in the first place). Was that the return of the Rare Games Program?

yes. wasnt a dream buddy
ive got to rip whoever i can off. its the american way.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Nemodius

@ReaderRagfish
I'll describe it like this, it's almost as close as you can get (back then) to table top D&D, they tried to convert it from the P.C. game, but I really didn't like the battle mechanics, it was the first real time combat I think, so you had to think on your feet, but in battle, you couldn't really tell your characters what to do, it was almost like they acted by pre set rules, you couldn't see who was doing what to who a lot of times and a number of things I could go on about, some good, but it was the combat system mostly that killed it, I think it was also the first game that implemented the once a character died, bam, gone, you had to make new ones to add to the party and difficulty wise, it was a B.I.T.SEE.H. !!!

I only occasionally go back to try to figure out how the Frqck to get past certain things without at least one person dying

"If failure is the greatest teacher, how come we are not the most superior beings in the universe ???"

ogo79

i just ordered 3 more castlevania posters and everyone should care

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

bluemage1989

Castlevania 2

SW 6041 0289 6234

Currently Playing:

Switch: The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim and Super Mario Party.

WiiU: Ninja Gaiden 3: Razors Edge.

N64: Donkey Kong 64.

ogo79

darkswabber wrote:

@ogo79 I care! Tell me more!

bluemage1989 wrote:

Castlevania 2

smart person

the_shpydar wrote:

ReaderRagfish

ogo79 wrote:

bluemage1989 wrote:

Castlevania 2

smart person

I guess so, you have to be smart to play that game. I never had any idea of what to do other than wander around and get lost immediately, so I must not be smart enough.

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

ogo79 wrote:

bluemage1989 wrote:

Castlevania 2

smart person

This is a correct answer.

@the_shpydar
tis time for you to tell these people of the legendary castlevania 2 story that is legendary. i think about that story a lot.
matter of fact last week.
this story is not for the faint at heart. or pineapple pizza indulgers. i mean frame rate sensitive gamers. same thing whats the difference.

the_shpydar wrote:

KingMike

@ogo79 I can't be a smart person who buys Castlevania II since I already have it. Should I sell it to fix that problem of already owning it?

KingMike

ogo79

KingMike wrote:

@ogo79 I can't be a smart person who buys Castlevania II since I already have it. Should I sell it to fix that problem of already owning it?

you can buy a second copy and it will make you twice as smart. this effect can be layered

the_shpydar wrote:

Freelance

I bought that portable Target-exclusive Oregon Trail that is no longer Target-exclusive today. It's wicked cool, being able to play it whenever I want. For my first game I put 2012 Splinter and the turtles for a trip of a lifetime....and sadly NONE of them made it to their destination. Man. Raph, Leo and Mikey drowned from three separated river crossings (which made me hate rivers). Donnie just died (probably from that fever he got), and Splinter died from Cholera. He literally spent days trying to trade for an oxen but never got one...so his food rations ran out and he got sick and died.

Man. That was really depressing.

Freelance

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic