Forums

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 4,021 to 4,040 of 4,850

Mieu-Fire

Sonic CD was my latest retro purchase but I bought the steam version for it so...lol

MANGO

Grandpa_Pixel

@faint Sadly it would have been another $300 for a boxed. And god knows how much for a sealed.

Shantae is getting more and more expensive. Soon it will be impossible to justify the cost. The only reason I did is I really like the franchise

Grandpa_Pixel

OneBagTravel

Saved this guy, $20 shipped. Took out the board, cleaned it up, replaced the battery and put it in my JP Yoshi's Island shell for my SFC.
Untitled

Also picked up a non glob Starfox cart
Untitled

And finally a horrible looking SNES controller for cheap to use for parts.
Untitled

I love traveling light through Europe and run a blog about it at OneBagTravel.com
Hardware: Wii U, New 3DS, Super Famicom & Super GameBoy, Game Boy Pocket

3DS Friend Code: 4399-0976-8690 | Nintendo Network ID: OneBagTravel | Twitter:

the_shpydar

Only thing i've gotten recently is:
Untitled
Star Wars Jedi Arena (CIB)(2600) - On my current list of random/sporadic 2600 collecting is CIB copies of the Star Wars games for 2600. I only have this one and Empire Strikes Back so far; Death Star Battle and The Arcade Game are a bit harder to find CIB at a good price, but they'll be gotten soon enough.

However, on Saturday there is a small retro convention in my hometown (the glorious Rockville Centre) at the same hotel that i used to go to for monthly comic book conventions back in the late 80s (ironically, when many of the games that will be there this weekend were new). I will be hitting it up with a fat wad of cash and hoping to get some good pickups, so stay tuned!

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

CanisWolfred

Got a copy of Might & Magic: Gates to Another World for the Genesis. Didn't realize there was a Might & Magic game for the Genny. Guess I'll give it a spin while I wait for Hyper Light Drifter to download...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Grandpa_Pixel

Grandpa_Pixel wrote:

@faint Sadly it would have been another $300 for a boxed. And god knows how much for a sealed.

Shantae is getting more and more expensive. Soon it will be impossible to justify the cost. The only reason I did is I really like the franchise

Absolute disaster on my end! The seller lied about its condition. Fortunately I can send it back for a full refund including postage (as it was not my fault)

And even greater news was I found another copy for £100 less and it comes with the box both in fantastic condition

Grandpa_Pixel

KingMike

Realizing the only way to play the Saturn RPGs legitimately is going to have to be to figure out how to play the Japanese versions that cost almost nothing compared to the English versions that cost insane money.

Also, picking up a bunch of PS2 manuals/cover art for most of my loose games. Need to watch for a couple more games, but Wild Arms: Alter Code F is the game I suspect will forever be missing a manual. (as I know the game is uncommon due to being delayed and then released on the same day as like five other games including Magna Carta and DQ8)

KingMike

the_shpydar

So the retro game convention that i mentioned in my last post was cancelled. BOO! Apparently there was a ventilation duct collapse in the hotel's convention room, so events there have been cancelled for the time being. Meh. But since i was in a retro game buying mood, i figured i might as well hit up the retro shop instead and pick up a few things ...

Untitled

Strider (Genesis) - I recently picked up the NES version, which is a wholly different game. This one is actually much more of a port of the arcade game, which is to say awesome and brutally difficult.

Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure (Genesis) - This game is horrible. Or at least annoyingly mediocre. I knew this already, having rented the SNES version back in college. Nevertheless, i figured i'd pick this up, since it was just way cheap, and i like whipping monkeys.

Golden Axe II (CIB) (Genesis) - Awesome game. This goes without saying. Unfortunately, i have a problem with it at the moment ... the game seems to not correctly recognize 6-button Genny controllers (meaning, the buttons and D-pad are mapped incorrectly), and my 3-button controller's "UP" input on the D-pad appears to be malfunctioning. So unless i can fix the 3-button controller, i can't really play this until i pick up a new one.

Rambo (NES) - This game has nostalgia for me on the same level as Ninja Kid and Deadly Towers (see my previous posts). This was another of the list of games that me and my NES-partner-in-crime Tom played the hell out of back in the day in efforts to beat it (which we finally did). Also, since Adventure of Link is one of my all-time favorite NES games, i appreciate the similar gameplay features.

And finally, the crown jewel of today's ShpydarhaulTM ... No description given, because none is necessary. Just click play and enjoy.

Edited on by the_shpydar

The Shpydarloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

the_shpydar

@Tasuki
Precisely! Glad you got the reference.
By the way, if you haven't already, check out the "#Gloriousbomb" video(s) done by NXT wrestlers Tommaso Ciampa and Johnny Gargano (I'd link them here but they are way off-topic). Absolutely hilarious vids of them playing Roode's theme song at him in random locations and situations.

The Shpydarloggery

ogo79

@the_shpydar
try toggling the mode button above the 6 button gamepad
also, you have a new subscriber

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

the_shpydar

@ogo79
Yeah, i tried that but unfortunately no success. It's actually kind of funny, as it registers the X button as Left, the Y button as Up, the Z button as Down and the Mode button as Right, but doesn't register anything from the D-pad or the A, B and C buttons.

I also just completely took apart and cleaned my 3-button controller, but the Up button still is getting no response. Meh. Guess i'm gonna just have to pick up a couple new controllers.

Also, now you are amongst the elite YT subscribers — just you and Phil

Edited on by the_shpydar

The Shpydarloggery

ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

@ogo79

Also, now you are amongst the elite YT subscribers — just you and Phil

i see...we got to get phil to shave his head we cant have any of that mess in here...not up in here!

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

KingMike

For some reason, I remember Strike Gunner STG as the most mediocre shooter I rented as a kid and felt like buying a copy despite it rising. So I bought a SFC cart since it was the cheapest.

And along with it, a CIB copy of Thexder for the Famicom. So it seems that was Square's first FC game, featuring Square's glorious first plain-text non-logo.
Unfortunately it seems it was ported by the people who made GHOST BUSTERS so it's probably not a GREAT first game, but oh well.
(I know I've seen it mispelled as Chexder before, thanks to the logo font. But how Game Informer managed to screw it up many years ago and print the kana-ization of the title "Teguzar", I don't know. )

KingMike

Fiyaball

Got Conker's Bad Fur Day for my birthday. Got the guide last Christmas; gonna be awesome.

Fiyaball

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic