Forums

Topic: Worst game you've ever seen

Posts 101 to 120 of 171

bub166

Okay, I really don't like Call of Duty, I think it's overrated, and it hardly deserves any praise. But to call it one of the worst games in existence is kind of an exaggeration.

Nintendo - Where even first person shooters ooze creativity.

Chrono_Cross

WaveBoy wrote:

I play games for surrealism, not realism.

I don't see the purpose in going about ranting about how terrible certain games are in your opinion but it's irrelevant. If you played those games for say... 10+ hours and just can't stand them, then sure, you have a right to fully say you dislike them. But trash talking them makes you look like a child which we all know your not.

As for the part I quoted, well, what's wrong with that? I actually think realistic games are really fun and the developers who do try and make a realistic game (Battlefield 3/Dice Studios), have rights to brag about their astounding achievement.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

SaKo

"This game looks pretty t" Hahaha! I think I got your joke!

SaKo

Nintendo Network ID: jibberldd5 | Twitter:

FOREST_RANGER

Viewtiful_Joe wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

I play games for surrealism, not realism.

I don't see the purpose in going about ranting about how terrible certain games are in your opinion but it's irrelevant. If you played those games for say... 10+ hours and just can't stand them, then sure, you have a right to fully say you dislike them. But trash talking them makes you look like a child which we all know your not.

As for the part I quoted, well, what's wrong with that? I actually think realistic games are really fun and the developers who do try and make a realistic game (Battlefield 3/Dice Studios), have rights to brag about their astounding achievement.

Eh, just thought I should post this:
[youtube:FKTAJBQSm10]

Formely known as bobbiKat

Nintendo Network ID: F0R35T_R8NG3R

Chrono_Cross

I totally agree with you. Since CoD4 there has been hundreds of first person shooters trying to be as successful as CoD. But back in the Genesis era not only were FPS titles rare and not so accepted, but 2D games were the power houses of that time. And no one complained about that now did they? Of course not.

But i guess part of it's charm aside from being an awesome side scroller, were the colorful graphics and killer chip tunes and it's over the top 80's style.

And none of that can be found in a Call of Duty title? The graphics in Modern warfare 2 are so superb and beautiful, you'd be foolish to say otherwise. Along with even the music is pretty killer. The charm is there. But in reality it's just a fad, man. It three more years it will kill over and the Call of Duty name will become numb.

But your not ignoring it. Your bashing the entire franchise based on a few hours of play time. You have no specific reasons to hate these games. No one really does. The reason the media is all over this stuff is the fact these games sell by the millions every hour on release day.

Just for you.

bub166

WaveBoy wrote:

@bub166

I think it's because you just can't stand the first person War themed genre or shooters all together, or because such a genre is so popular with the kiddies nowadays. That's at least what really annoys me.....It sucks that all of these hyper 'realistic' boring War themed post appocolyptic grey & brown murky uncreative repetitious Commando titles are all the craze these days...

I don't know how much more generic buffed up stubble sporting commando brain dead soldiers i can take anymore...A lot of Kids want 'serious buisness' nowadays. You should of seen Ice T playing Gears of War 3 during MS's E3 presentation. LOL Oh well, Call of Duty is still a god send compared to that ghetto dirty grimey sandbox street trash that is Grand Theft Auto.

I play games for surrealism, not realism. I wan't stuff that's out of this world, stuff that is impossible to do, see or experience in real life, not to run around in a dark depressing battlefield shooting soldiers with a sniper rifle or cruising around in my cuddy running over strippers in LA. lol But to each their own i guess. lol

Anyways, back on topic!

One of the WORST Nes games out there!
Untitled

I should have been a little more clear. I actually do like first person shooters, but only to a certain point. I like Battlefield quite a bit, as I am a history buff and I also have an interest in weaponry and tactics, and I think Battlefield captures that pretty well. I also like some Halo from time to time.

Also, while I don't much care for Grand Theft Auto, I don't know if it's fair to call it trash. You have to give them credit for creating a city that actually seems fairly alive. They don't have the worst plot lines, either. Again, Grand Theft Auto bores me for the most part, but it, like Call of Duty, is not the worst thing out there. Although, you also proved the point that there are worse things than Call of Duty.

I guess my general point is, even if a game is not that fun, if it at least works, it already has a lot of credibility that many games don't have. Superman 64 is an amazing, commonly used example of that. It just doesn't work. At least Call of Duty usually works. And as I said, Rockstar has to at least get credibility for making a cool world, even if it doesn't appeal to everyone.

Nintendo - Where even first person shooters ooze creativity.

RevolverLink

I would say Superman 64 is technically the worst game I've ever played/seen, but I don't hold one tenth of the hatred for it that I do for Quest 64. I'm still angry at myself for blowing two months worth of allowance on that piece of garbage.

The Revloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-4605-3581-8608 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

Crystalking18

I would say the worst game I've seen is Dragon Ball Z Sagas. I can write a thesis on why it sucks

FF6: Release year- 1994
Kefka's birthday - November 9th
So.... my life is practically mirroring Kefka? Cool.

Chrono_Cross

I see now. You just hate it's popularity. How everyone always brings it up and how it's basically the showcase franchise of gaming. Understandable.

Really, I couldn't agree more. I'll admit I love Black Ops and I'm great at it, yaddy yaddy yadda, but it sucks how everyone thinks these games are practically Jesus in the flesh. The media attention, and fanbase should be evenly divided between games that truly deserve it.

Infinite does look promising. I just cant get into Bioshock 1 or 2. They dont interest me at all. I dont know what it is. Metroid Prime sucked me in from beginning to end, twice. Beat it 72% my first time, turned around and in my second play through I got 100%.

Just for you.

Bankai

The internet is a gaping cheese grater of opinions bud.

Unfortunate, isn't it? It's almost like we have to give insane, crazy, childish or just plain stupid opinions equal credibility as informed ones, because everyone on the Internet has an opinion.

Oh wait.

Mine just happen to be WaveStastic...But I'll admit, they're lacking in the Zezzyness department.

Protip: don't drop acid before posting your opinions. You need all the help you can get, and being on drugs just makes it even harder for you

Edited on by Bankai

Aviator

zezzy wrote:

Too bad no one gives two effs what you and your funky fresh self thinks.lol

I see 17 effs there.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

CanisWolfred

WaveBoy wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

So basically you guys don't like that other people enjoy something more than you do. Good to know.

Not if they're close minded brain dead ghetto tweens who follow the faddish crowd while thinking Colorful cartoony games = Childish and stupid. I shouldn't be ripping on COD at all, because again they're awesome for what they are it's just the ridiculous amount of popularity and fame the franchise gets as if it's the holy grail of gaming or something....When i think of gaming, i think Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Mega Man, Castlevania ect ect, not a war-themed shooter....It just doesn't have that master mind craft and class to stand up to the classics that have been here from the start. I guess those are radically different comparisons. But i just don't like it when Guns, Soldiers and bucket loads of Ammo take the gaming spot light.

Call of Duty isn't a brilliant creative idea or an iconic character driven franchise, it's just.....Blah, i dont know. If you enjoy it, that's awesome. But the popularity is so lame....Every time a movie star is interviewed with a gaming question, they always answer with "Call of Duty" It's the definition of FAD and it just doesn't seem to get more casual than Call of Duty.

It's like when the White DS Lite came out, everybody felt like they had to get one. Many of these none-gamers looked at it's popularity, and they 'looked' at it as if it were some new Apple-esque fasion accessory.lol

Great, now you're stereotyping the people who do enjoy in a vain attempt to make yourself and your idea of gaming seem more validated. You're really not doing yourself any favors, you know that?

FYI: For every Call of Duty clone, there's a million halfassed platformers with colorful graphics and no guns for you to play. Now stop complaining go play them. It's actually more productive.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

JGMR

I remember this most-worthless rental...

Untitled

With kind regards,

JGMR

Cia

Halo. Self- similar grey corridors, a few different enemies, music plays only rarely, shoot everything that moves, no puzzles or diversity in interaction. Yawn.

Edited on by Cia

Cia

Super-Mario-Fan

Viewtiful_Joe wrote:

But if we make fun of your wittle Zelda or Mario we're the bad guys? xD

For Mario yes! NEVER MAKE FUN OF MARIO! I don't really play Zelda games so I don't really care about making fun of zelda.

Im a big fan of Mario games :)

Im also a nintendo nerd :P
Nintendo inpires me a lot o w o

Chrono_Cross

Mickeymac wrote:

So basically you guys don't like that other people enjoy something more than you do. Good to know.

I never said that. I said every game that does an amazing success (like Minecraft), deserves media attention. I'll stick up for CoD for anything but the media attention.

For Mario yes! NEVER MAKE FUN OF MARIO! I don't really play Zelda games so I don't really care about making fun of zelda.

I hope your kidding.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.

Jani-Koblaney

I'd say "plumbers don't wear ties" for the 3DO, but I think that the stupidity of it makes it somewhat humorous. That said I'd have to say "cheetamen" for NES.

Never Gonna Give Mew Up!

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852 | Nintendo Network ID: NJanders

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.