Forums

Topic: Collector's Corner: The Rare and Expensive Video Games Topic

Posts 141 to 160 of 214

ogo79

Ryno wrote:

A "like new" Earthbound player's guide I was watching just got snatched Buy it Now for $150! Wowza

theres an insert on page 98/99 inside the eb guide (the deep darkness section) that you could tear out, most guides dont have them anymore, and i bet this one didnt either. regardless im not getting rid of my guides for any price ever. lol
the longer you have your cib the more youre going to be glad you did, not just because of value but, well i dont have to explain it to you im sure you know exactly what i mean.

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

tesla246

Mickeymac wrote:

tesla246 wrote:

@Mickeymac
Nice, do you also collect gamecube stuff?

I bought a D-terminal cable new in box (Japan equivalent component cable) for the gamecube for the price off 25 Euro (32 bucks)

I collect good games, but not stuff". I only get what I need to play the games I want.

Ah, ok, i do have some pretty rare (hard to find) accessoires in mint condition

Edited on by tesla246

tesla246

Ryno

ogo79 wrote:

theres an insert on page 98/99 inside the eb guide (the deep darkness section) that you could tear out, most guides dont have them anymore, and i bet this one didnt either. regardless im not getting rid of my guides for any price ever. lol
the longer you have your cib the more youre going to be glad you did, not just because of value but, well i dont have to explain it to you im sure you know exactly what i mean.

What insert was on 98/99? Also, what were you referring to when you said the "longer you have your cib the more youre going to be glad you did, not just because of value but, well i dont have to explain it to you im sure you know exactly what i mean"? Is that a dig at my age and I will be forgetfull? Haha...

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

ogo79

Ryno wrote:

ogo79 wrote:

What insert was on 98/99? Also, what were you referring to when you said the "longer you have your cib the more youre going to be glad you did, not just because of value but, well i dont have to explain it to you im sure you know exactly what i mean"? Is that a dig at my age and I will be forgetfull? Haha...

the insert is just another promo for the game, its not a mail in like the scratch and sniff cards at the back of the guide. what i meant by "im sure you know exactly what i mean" is you probably feel the same way i do about the series.

everyone are no belong to buy this:
Untitled

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Ryno

Are you referring to this?
Untitled

Another rare Earthbound item is the cardboard insert. It seems like there are quite a few missing in the listings that are supposed to be "complete."

The guide is just awesome! There is so much detail and creativity in it. I just wish I had a better copy, mine is worn.
I'll admit that RPG's are not my favorite genre but I have been playing Earthbound a little to finally experience what is all about and I am having fun with it so far and I must say it is definitely unique!

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

ogo79

Ryno wrote:

Are you referring to this?
Untitled

Another rare Earthbound item is the cardboard insert. It seems like there are quite a few missing in the listings that are supposed to be "complete."

The guide is just awesome! There is so much detail and creativity in it. I just wish I had a better copy, mine is worn.
I'll admit that RPG's are not my favorite genre but I have been playing Earthbound a little to finally experience what is all about and I am having fun with it so far and I must say it is definitely unique!

yeah thats the one, ive read that entire guide from front to back, theres some typos in it and wrong info through it

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

Retro_on_theGo

Super Bomberman CIB goes for a pretty penny now. Usually $30-$50 sometimes. The Super Bomberman cart alone's asking price has gone up. I see offers for buy it now around $20 and most auctions starting around $10. Kind of kicking myself for not buying it for seven bucks awhile ago.
Oh, and Super Metroid's asking price has definitely gone up. The norm seems to be $16 cart only and goes up to at least $30. Definitely kicking myself for not getting that one at $16 awhile ago.

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

KingMike

NA version?
I don't think that version was ever released in a normal box. (I know there are normal boxes, but I think those were "display" boxes)
The only version I know of is the big box "Party Pack" that included the Hudson multitap.
I know SB2 is more expensive because NA only got the first two games (though I lucked out and won a SFC cart for like $5 which was still pretty good.)

Super Metroid's always been a bit of an expensive game. I must've paid $20 or so several years ago for a cart (that still had a $24.99 GameStop sticker on the back when I got it), though I stupidly paid like $40 for an extra cart from a "collectibles" shop (and it turned out that copy even had a dead battery, whereas the cheaper copy's battery still worked, last I played it). I knew it was a ripoff, but I could swear I had memories of renting a variant with English/Spanish text (including ingame) back in the day from the Blockbuster that was down the street and just HAD to check another copy, and get one local in the unlikely chance it was this variant that cannot be proven to exist (I know, all known copies exclusively have English gameplay text).

KingMike

GamecubeMan

I know this may sound fanboyish BUT gamecube games are rare and somewhat expensive were i live, mainly because of the big 3 starting to form in 2001-2005. $40 for a gamecube game at my local retailer! Thats insane! its gonna be 2 gen back pretty soon... hopefully i can buy a couple of new/ used games used in the near future after n00bs start trying 2 sell them on ebay/craigslist

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

Wheels2050

@GamecubeMan: Paper Mario: TTYD sells for about $70 AUD (a bit over $70 USD) in Gametraders in Australia. Needless to say, I went to eBay for that one!

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

KingMike

I was kind of hesitant to put a high bid on the Famicom version of Wacky Races. Won it for about $21 shipped. From what I had seen, it's a very average platformer.
Which is why it didn't sound like a good deal when it was going around $40 loose for the NES version. Looks like a couple buyers have pushed the value up to $100.

KingMike

ogo79

@KingMike
yeah wacky races for nes has made its way to price gouging paradise. im afraid prices arent ever gonna go back down either. the thing about that game is, at the end since you play the role of a bad guy you lose the race everytime. lol

the_shpydar wrote:

Ryno

I don't think Super Bomberman was released without the

I stopped paying attention to Super Metroid and after reading Retro_on_theGo and KingMike's earlier comments I am surprised on how much just a cart only goes! I bought just the cart maybe back around 2005 from this guy off Craigslist selling his son's video games for like $5 a piece. Good luck buying old video games worth a dang now from Craigslist. Anyway, I then found a guy who had a mint copy of everything but the game and got that for $25. $30 total for a super Mr. Clean copy of Super Metroid, can't beat that! I guess my suggestion to someone wanting a copy of Super Metroid would be to remain patient and watch a bunch of auctions. Video games prices fluctuate so much and Super Metroid is so common that cheaper copies will slip through.

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

CanisWolfred

Man, Lunar for the Sega CD is so expensive. Heck, Sega CDs are expensive. Luckily, I found out that the PSOne version is better anyways, and still has the same goofy style of script. I'll try to pick it up soon when I go to the retro store on Saturday, perhaps along with Lunar 2 if they have it. At least that won't cost me a fortune (hopefully).

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

RancidVomit86

I have a JVC X'eye and a Magnavox Oddesey 2 complete in box with all manuals.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

Mieu-Fire

Mickeymac wrote:

Man, Lunar for the Sega CD is so expensive. Heck, Sega CDs are expensive. Luckily, I found out that the PSOne version is better anyways, and still has the same goofy style of script. I'll try to pick it up soon when I go to the retro store on Saturday, perhaps along with Lunar 2 if they have it. At least that won't cost me a fortune (hopefully).

how much is lunar on sega cd complete cause i have it

MANGO

RancidVomit86

mieu-fire wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

[/div]

how much is lunar on sega cd complete cause i have it

Not too bad. I found one on eBay for $58. But seem to run anywhere from 60-130.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

Happy_Mask

In 2002 I bought a copy of luigi's mansion for $4. My friend bought it a month ago for $35. I then proceeded to tell him he got ripped off

edit: are the FE GBA games rare? I believe metroid: zero mission is as well.

Edited on by Happy_Mask

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.