Forums

Topic: Collector's Corner: The Rare and Expensive Video Games Topic

Posts 161 to 180 of 214

CanisWolfred

RancidVomit86 wrote:

mieu-fire wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Man, Lunar for the Sega CD is so expensive. Heck, Sega CDs are expensive. Luckily, I found out that the PSOne version is better anyways, and still has the same goofy style of script. I'll try to pick it up soon when I go to the retro store on Saturday, perhaps along with Lunar 2 if they have it. At least that won't cost me a fortune (hopefully).

[/div]

[/div]

how much is lunar on sega cd complete cause i have it

[/div]

Not too bad. I found one on eBay for $58. But seem to run anywhere from 60-130.

That's...pretty bad, IMO. I can get the PSOne version complete in great condition for ~$40.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

KingMike

My GBA collection probably has a few games that are now valuable (most bought new back in the day).
I was pleasantly surprised after I bought Aria of Sorrow. Just walked into GameStop one day and bought an opened-new copy for the standard new GBA game price of $30, knowing nothing about the game. Only later (like a few days later) did I hear of some people paying up to $100 for the game.

KingMike

Ryno

Natsume is the new money. It's like Fat Cat himself had added Natsume games to his latest obsession. Just try and find me a reasonable price for a copy of S.C..A.T. and who doesn't want some S.C.A.T.? Everybody should try out S.C.A.T.

I apologize for my immature behavior

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

KingMike

I got Ninja Warriors last year for SNES. I think I see why. Natsume games have that quality to them... while they're enjoyable, but not exceptional.
(SNES Ninja Warriors also plays kind of similar to the SNES Power Rangers game, which apparently Natsume actually developed. Given they were both released around the same time, I think it's pretty obvious which sold better?)
So I can only guess they sold kind of average originally, now making them more valuable years later as they became kind of scarce.
I guess what makes Mega Man 5 and 6 kind of expensive now. Back then, people started to get sick of seeing the same thing. But now as Mega Man has continued to grow in popularity, they start to realize maybe being similar isn't such a bad thing as long as it still looks, sounds and plays as well. (or they grow to like the guy so much, they can't get enough. )

KingMike

KingMike

I'd have a hard time believing Zero Mission to be rare.
I think the Japanese versions of the Metroid GBA games maybe, but not the English versions. (supposedly Fusion only sold about 180k in Japan, but over a million in NA)
(I know the JP version of Fusion has an ending photo viewer, as well as an unlockable Hard mode as well and probably a couple other ending images to unlock.
However, I don't think the JP version of Zero Mission has any content differences that would make it interesting to import fans (even the unlockable Metroid is still the NES version rather than the FDS version).

KingMike

TheConsiglio

Earthbound, Sword Of Hope and Zero Mission. All Sealed, All Mine.

Just a nintendo fan who found his way to this site.
3DS FRIEND CODE: 4725-8421-9790

I am a trusted gamer who never cheats.

Twitter: @Kyle Consiglio

Captain_Balko

I payed just under a 100$ (no shipping or handling fees) to buy a used Metroid Prime Trilogy Collectors Edition in very nice condition (the case is perfect, but there is a fold on the instruction booklet and also a smudge on the art-book, although neither faults are noticeable). On the internet, I've seen the disc alone go for almost the same price, so was this a good deal? I don't know much about video game collecting, I was just wondering if I got a bargain.

Captain_Balko

Ryno

@Captain_Balko: As for the Metroid Prime Trilogy, that game has a huge variance in price. I say $100 for a used complete copy is pretty good. I think that is close to about average at the moment. That reminds me, one of these days I am going to have to try out my copy on the Wii U.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Algus

Man speaking of Metroid Prime Trilogy, what's up with the huge prices on a lot of out of print games for Gamecube and Wii? Guess there's a lesson to be learned here and I'll have to get the good stuff for the Wii U as it is coming out. Nintendo will always be popular with collectors I suppose.

Where's the KABOOM?! There was supposed to be an earth-shattering KABOOM! sigh delays...delays...

Skip_Bayless

I got xenoblade chronicles which is pretty rare.

I LOVE TIM TEBOW

3DS Friend Code: 3539-9493-5098

FireMario887

That's more expensive than a NES today!

FireMario887

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.