Topic: Collector's Corner: The Rare and Expensive Video Games Topic

Showing 161 to 180 of 194

AuthorMessage

ogo79

161. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

Are you referring to this?
Untitled

Another rare Earthbound item is the cardboard insert. It seems like there are quite a few missing in the listings that are supposed to be "complete."

The guide is just awesome! There is so much detail and creativity in it. I just wish I had a better copy, mine is worn.
I'll admit that RPG's are not my favorite genre but I have been playing Earthbound a little to finally experience what is all about and I am having fun with it so far and I must say it is definitely unique!

yeah thats the one, ive read that entire guide from front to back, theres some typos in it and wrong info through it

Edited on by ogo79

iap-tv.com
the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

162. Posted:

Super Bomberman CIB goes for a pretty penny now. Usually $30-$50 sometimes. The Super Bomberman cart alone's asking price has gone up. I see offers for buy it now around $20 and most auctions starting around $10. Kind of kicking myself for not buying it for seven bucks awhile ago.
Oh, and Super Metroid's asking price has definitely gone up. The norm seems to be $16 cart only and goes up to at least $30. Definitely kicking myself for not getting that one at $16 awhile ago.

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

KingMike

163. Posted:

NA version?
I don't think that version was ever released in a normal box. (I know there are normal boxes, but I think those were "display" boxes)
The only version I know of is the big box "Party Pack" that included the Hudson multitap.
I know SB2 is more expensive because NA only got the first two games (though I lucked out and won a SFC cart for like $5 which was still pretty good.)

Super Metroid's always been a bit of an expensive game. I must've paid $20 or so several years ago for a cart (that still had a $24.99 GameStop sticker on the back when I got it), though I stupidly paid like $40 for an extra cart from a "collectibles" shop (and it turned out that copy even had a dead battery, whereas the cheaper copy's battery still worked, last I played it). I knew it was a ripoff, but I could swear I had memories of renting a variant with English/Spanish text (including ingame) back in the day from the Blockbuster that was down the street and just HAD to check another copy, and get one local in the unlikely chance it was this variant that cannot be proven to exist (I know, all known copies exclusively have English gameplay text). :)

KingMike

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

164. Posted:

I've seen SB2 offered for way way less than SB1 on eBay. The NA SNES version.
Oh yeah, while I'm here. The Ninja Baseball Batman arcade cabinet is pretty dang rare. :P only 42 were brought over to America.

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

GamecubeMan

165. Posted:

I know this may sound fanboyish BUT gamecube games are rare and somewhat expensive were i live, mainly because of the big 3 starting to form in 2001-2005. $40 for a gamecube game at my local retailer! Thats insane! its gonna be 2 gen back pretty soon... hopefully i can buy a couple of new/ used games used in the near future after n00bs start trying 2 sell them on ebay/craigslist :D

Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
I only see GC 4.0 happening if I become a English major. Yeah... not happening.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407

AuthorMessage

Wheels2050

166. Posted:

@GamecubeMan: Paper Mario: TTYD sells for about $70 AUD (a bit over $70 USD) in Gametraders in Australia. Needless to say, I went to eBay for that one!

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

AuthorMessage

KingMike

167. Posted:

I was kind of hesitant to put a high bid on the Famicom version of Wacky Races. Won it for about $21 shipped. From what I had seen, it's a very average platformer.
Which is why it didn't sound like a good deal when it was going around $40 loose for the NES version. Looks like a couple buyers have pushed the value up to $100.

KingMike

AuthorMessage

ogo79

168. Posted:

@KingMike
yeah wacky races for nes has made its way to price gouging paradise. im afraid prices arent ever gonna go back down either. the thing about that game is, at the end since you play the role of a bad guy you lose the race everytime. lol

iap-tv.com
the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

Ryno

169. Posted:

I don't think Super Bomberman was released without the

I stopped paying attention to Super Metroid and after reading Retro_on_theGo and KingMike's earlier comments I am surprised on how much just a cart only goes! I bought just the cart maybe back around 2005 from this guy off Craigslist selling his son's video games for like $5 a piece. Good luck buying old video games worth a dang now from Craigslist. Anyway, I then found a guy who had a mint copy of everything but the game and got that for $25. $30 total for a super Mr. Clean copy of Super Metroid, can't beat that! I guess my suggestion to someone wanting a copy of Super Metroid would be to remain patient and watch a bunch of auctions. Video games prices fluctuate so much and Super Metroid is so common that cheaper copies will slip through.

What Would Duane Do?
“I’m just about that action, boss"
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

170. Posted:

Man, Lunar for the Sega CD is so expensive. Heck, Sega CDs are expensive. Luckily, I found out that the PSOne version is better anyways, and still has the same goofy style of script. I'll try to pick it up soon when I go to the retro store on Saturday, perhaps along with Lunar 2 if they have it. At least that won't cost me a fortune (hopefully).

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

RancidVomit86

171. Posted:

I have a JVC X'eye and a Magnavox Oddesey 2 complete in box with all manuals.

Xbox Live Gamer Tag - RancidVomit86
Battle.net - Dayman
Wii Code - 4335 5256 5880 9373
iOS Game Center - RancidVomit86

Writer for www.sega-addicts.com

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

172. Posted:

Pokemon Emerald, FireRed and an original GBASP aree the rarest things I have.

NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Video Game I made: Chosen Words
Melody Astra Avatar
Former Morpheus Avatar courtesy of Gummio. :3
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter: BeastlyDigital

AuthorMessage

Chuie

173. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

Man, Lunar for the Sega CD is so expensive. Heck, Sega CDs are expensive. Luckily, I found out that the PSOne version is better anyways, and still has the same goofy style of script. I'll try to pick it up soon when I go to the retro store on Saturday, perhaps along with Lunar 2 if they have it. At least that won't cost me a fortune (hopefully).

how much is lunar on sega cd complete cause i have it

3DS FC:1332-8177-3517 currently playing:Tales of xillia (2nd playthrough) BIG TALES OF FAN! BIG SONIC FAN! lloyd x sheena yuri x judith
PSN ID:Bioshock1313
youtube:ChuieTheUmbreon my new channel
i was mieu-fire

AuthorMessage

RancidVomit86

174. Posted:

mieu-fire wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

[/div]

Not too bad. I found one on eBay for $58. But seem to run anywhere from 60-130.

Xbox Live Gamer Tag - RancidVomit86
Battle.net - Dayman
Wii Code - 4335 5256 5880 9373
iOS Game Center - RancidVomit86

Writer for www.sega-addicts.com

AuthorMessage

Maskeraid

175. Posted:

In 2002 I bought a copy of luigi's mansion for $4. My friend bought it a month ago for $35. I then proceeded to tell him he got ripped off :P

edit: are the FE GBA games rare? I believe metroid: zero mission is as well.

Edited on by Maskeraid

My Maskloggery
[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

"He say oogly? What means that, oogly?"
"Grr... He means your face would frighten small children! Now be quiet!"

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9222-4787 | Nintendo Network ID: Happy_Masked_Man

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

176. Posted:

RancidVomit86 wrote:

mieu-fire wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

Not too bad. I found one on eBay for $58. But seem to run anywhere from 60-130.

That's...pretty bad, IMO. I can get the PSOne version complete in great condition for ~$40.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

KingMike

177. Posted:

My GBA collection probably has a few games that are now valuable (most bought new back in the day).
I was pleasantly surprised after I bought Aria of Sorrow. Just walked into GameStop one day and bought an opened-new copy for the standard new GBA game price of $30, knowing nothing about the game. Only later (like a few days later) did I hear of some people paying up to $100 for the game.

KingMike

AuthorMessage

Ryno

178. Posted:

Natsume is the new money. It's like Fat Cat himself had added Natsume games to his latest obsession. Just try and find me a reasonable price for a copy of S.C..A.T. and who doesn't want some S.C.A.T.? Everybody should try out S.C.A.T. :)

I apologize for my immature behavior

What Would Duane Do?
“I’m just about that action, boss"
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

KingMike

179. Posted:

I got Ninja Warriors last year for SNES. I think I see why. Natsume games have that quality to them... while they're enjoyable, but not exceptional.
(SNES Ninja Warriors also plays kind of similar to the SNES Power Rangers game, which apparently Natsume actually developed. Given they were both released around the same time, I think it's pretty obvious which sold better?)
So I can only guess they sold kind of average originally, now making them more valuable years later as they became kind of scarce.
I guess what makes Mega Man 5 and 6 kind of expensive now. Back then, people started to get sick of seeing the same thing. But now as Mega Man has continued to grow in popularity, they start to realize maybe being similar isn't such a bad thing as long as it still looks, sounds and plays as well. (or they grow to like the guy so much, they can't get enough. :) )

KingMike

AuthorMessage

TKOWL

180. Posted:

Happy_Mask wrote:

edit: are the FE GBA games rare? I believe metroid: zero mission is as well.

Neither or them are rare in the slightest.

Backloggery | Art Blog

Nintendo Network ID: Ryanknight-TKOWL | Twitter: TKOWL