Forums

Topic: The N64 Thread

Posts 241 to 260 of 269

Zuljaras

@BlueOcean @1UP_MARIO Yes that's the one.

Today I ordered my N64 and I wonder if there are fake consoles? I know that there are fake cartridges but are there fake consoles?

Also here is the console itself:
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

I got it for 40$. And I am expecting it to come tomorrow.

Zuljaras

1UP_MARIO

@Zuljaras nope that isn’t fake and good purchase 😉

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5229-5058-9308

Zuljaras

@1UP_MARIO Also the guy you recommended told me that the dark grey N64 consoles support s-video. This one comes with only AV cable so I hope that the other cable is also compatible with it.

The only ones that does not support s-video are the special editions colored N64 consoles.

Zuljaras

1UP_MARIO

@Zuljaras correct. I have the same one

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5229-5058-9308

BlueOcean

@Zuljaras Let us know when you get it and once you try the S-video signal.

BlueOcean

Zuljaras

@BlueOcean I have to find TV with the same connections also I do not have s-video cable.
Also I do not have cartridges. I just ordered Castlevania 64 on ebay

Zuljaras

BlueOcean

@Zuljaras Well, it seems that it's in good condition, an early model and PAL. You can upgrade it in the future if you want to.

BlueOcean

RedderRugfish

Zuljaras wrote:

Today I ordered my N64 and I wonder if there are fake consoles? I know that there are fake cartridges but are there fake consoles?

If there's currently someone out there who has the technical skill to make a fake N64 console and and also would attempt to make a profit by selling it for less than what consoles go for, then I'll eat my hat. There's no way anyone can profitably recreate N64 hardware. Even the upcoming Hyperkin clone is just an emulator in a box that costs a hefty amount of cash.

Even fake N64 cartridges were extremely rare until a few years ago because it was just so hard to cheaply make cartridges that wouldn't fail the N64's pretty robust anti piracy checks. I used to see collectors being willing to pay over $50 for a fake N64 cartridge because they were just so rare.

Mario Maker 2: JN2-5GV-VTF
Latest Level: The Mario Repair Shop 361-D5D-1CG

Zuljaras

@RedderRugfish @BlueOcean Just got it

Untitled

Unfortunately I do not own any games and I cant test it. The light turns red and that is it I read that I need a cartridge in the console to have a video

My Castlevania 64 will arrive in the following week or two.

I will use it ONLY for a selected 5-10 games but it is so exciting to own it nevertheless!
My first N64!

Zuljaras

BlueOcean

@Zuljaras Congratulations! It seems to be in very good condition. Now you can play any PAL cartridge, the first one Castlevania 64.

BlueOcean

RedderRugfish

@Zuljaras Yep, the N64 won't do anything without a cartridge. No menu or startup, just a black screen. Either way, welcome to the club!

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras Looks to be in pretty good condition. Don't know how much you're willing to spend on games and such, and if you're a fan of original games or not, but you could also invest in an Everdrive cartridge, which uses an SD card to load games into the N64's memory, and then plays them like they're on a cartridge.

But, if you only want to play original games, then I'd say that just about any (if not all) games made by Rare are a safe bet for getting good games, and far as I'm concerned, the following games are also all pretty good:

• Legend of Zelda - The Ocarina of Time
  • Super Mario 64
  • Mario Kart 64
  • Mario Tennis
  • Mario Golf
  • Paper Mario
  • Yoshi's Story
  • F-Zero X
  • Star Fox
  • Wave Race 64
  • 1080 Snowboarding
  • Pilotwings 64
  • Hydro Thunder
  • Iggy's Reckin' Balls
  • Mischief Makers
  • Pokemon Stadium
  • Pokemon Stadium 2
  • Pokemon Puzzle League
  • Ridge Racer 64
  • Top Gear Rally 2
  • World Driver Championship
  • Wipeout 64
  • Hybrid Heaven
  • Beetle Adventure Racing
  • San Francisco Rush 2049
  • Snowboard Kids

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Ryu_Niiyama

Let me add the bomberman and goemon games to that list.

...speaking of which has anybody seen a legit copy of Bomerman 64: second attack in the wild? It is the only game in the N64 series that I am missing.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

ThanosReXXX

@Ryu_Niiyama You could always give LukieGames a try. They usually have quite a few titles in stock, and if not, you can always get notified if they do, or you could give them a call/send them an e-mail.

Of late, I'm advertising this site quite a bit here and there, but that's also because besides Amazon, it's the only American site that I've actually made use of and am content with, so I've no issues with recommending them to someone else.

EDIT:
Whoops... just checked the price for that particular Bomberman game... Wow... Must be quite a rare game, from the looks of that price tag.
But it's not even in stock, so there goes that option. Back to eBay with you, then...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

RedderRugfish

I'll add a few games to the list.

Rocket Robot on Wheels
Ogre Battle 64
Space Station Silicon Valley
Pilotwings 64
Tony Hawk
Tony Hawk 2
Donkey Kong 64
Quake II
Goldeneye 007
Perfect Dark
007 The World Is Not Enough
Banjo Kazooie
Banjo Tooie
NFL Blitz 2000
Rayman 2
Killer Instinct Gold
Diddy Kong Racing
Jet Force Gemini
Micro Machines 64 Turbo
Pokemon Snap
Blast Corps
Snowboard Kids 2
Star Wars Episode One Racer
Mario Party 1/2/3 (but only if you have friends)

I've played all these games and would recommend all of them wholeheartedly to anyone who owns an N64.

In addition, there's a few other games I've played that I quite enjoyed but for one reason or another might not recommend them to everyone. Mickey's Speedway USA, Virtual Pool 64, Magical Tetris Challenge, and Starcraft 64 are all worth looking into. I might not recommend them as wholeheartedly as the games on the above list, but you guys might love them.

@Ryu_Niiyama Yeah, I saw that game in a shop about a year ago. I've wanted the game for many years now because I love Bomberman 64 and Bomberman in general, and if the cart were in better condition I would have bought it. But it looked as if someone spilled soda on it, so I held off.

Ryu_Niiyama

@RedderRugfish aww that sucks. Yeah Aside from blockbuster as a child I've never seen that one. I comb retro stores constantly to no avail. It is the last of the games I want for my N64 collection.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

NikBoToon

Look, I tell you what. Would it be really nice if we let Nintendo decide to release an N64 Classic Mini this year or next year?

Old school games, retro games, Nintendo, SEGA, PlayStation, you name it! 😉👍

NikBoToon

I wonder if there's gonna be 30 games on N64 mini?

Old school games, retro games, Nintendo, SEGA, PlayStation, you name it! 😉👍

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic