Forums

Topic: The N64 Thread

Posts 261 to 268 of 268

1UP_MARIO

I wonder all the time

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5229-5058-9308

BougieBeetle

Speaking of Bomberman 64: The Second Attack, there was a pretty good run of it at SGDQ recently. I didn't realize the game was so rare before the run, although I've certainly never played it. I rented B64 back in the day though.

Anyone played Bomberman Hero? I took a crack at it some years back and found it pretty enjoyable, although I didn't get too far and I've since heard loathing for it in the community.

One Stage at a Time, a podcast examining classic games level by level | https://soundcloud.com/onestageatatime

NikBoToon

Now, how about if Nintendo could release an N64 Classic Edition with 30 games this year for Christmas? I bet if it's up to Nintendo then that would be great. Maybe it would be released in September, October, November, December, or early 2020. But we will see about it, won't we? Because we are all retro gaming fans wanting to have this mini N64 console so that we can play games from our childhood again and again.

Old school games, retro games, Nintendo, SEGA, PlayStation, you name it! 😉👍

RedderRugfish

@NikBoToon Keep it in here instead please https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/retro/mini_consoles_thread

@BougieBeetle I've played Bomberman Hero. It's a pretty decent game, good for those who want a more linear 3D platformer instead of a collectathon. The main issue everyone had with it was that there was no multiplayer, which is the main reason people play Bomberman.

Personally, even though I like the single player mode, I do think they would've been better off giving everyone what they wanted by removing a few levels from the game (the last few kind of felt like filler IMO anyway) and adding a battle mode. It probably would have sold much better.

Mario Maker 2: JN2-5GV-VTF
Latest Level: The Mario Repair Shop 361-D5D-1CG

Ryu_Niiyama

BougieBeetle wrote:

Speaking of Bomberman 64: The Second Attack, there was a pretty good run of it at SGDQ recently. I didn't realize the game was so rare before the run, although I've certainly never played it. I rented B64 back in the day though.

Anyone played Bomberman Hero? I took a crack at it some years back and found it pretty enjoyable, although I didn't get too far and I've since heard loathing for it in the community.

SGDQ? I enjoyed Hero, but prefer bomberman 64 and second attack... (If i can find it and not pay a kidney).

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

BougieBeetle

@Ryu_Niiyama Summer Games Done Quick, the charity speedrun marathon. You can find the old streams on twitch and reuploads on Youtube, if you're so inclined. They had a lot of really entertaining runs this year, of which B642 was one.

@RedderRugfish, ah, yeah that explains it! I didn't even clock the lack of multiplayer since I only touched it briefly. The main thing that registered for me was that you could actually jump (in a Bomberman game! What a concept!).

One Stage at a Time, a podcast examining classic games level by level | https://soundcloud.com/onestageatatime

RedderRugfish

After my controller pak randomly deleted my 10 hour Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon save file (despite literally all my other files being intact), I bought a Dex Drive. Basically, it was a device made back in the day that let you transfer memory card files to the PC.

I got it brand new for just $10 because they only work on Windows 98 and nobody buys them as a result. But I've still got my old 98 sitting around, so it'll be nice to finally have this option.

Mario Maker 2: JN2-5GV-VTF
Latest Level: The Mario Repair Shop 361-D5D-1CG

Zuljaras

Just got that and tried my console!
Untitled
It play nice and everything is working.
Saves and plays good! Now I only need the HDMI converter

Zuljaras

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic