Forums

Topic: Game vs. Game

Posts 1,981 to 2,000 of 2,015

TheKingOfTown

Rock Band

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

Jeremyx7

Rock Band

Wii U online games: Mario Kart 8, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Need 4 Speed: Most Wanted U

3DS online games: Kid Icarus Uprising, Tetris Axis

3DS Friend Code: 4554-0287-3926 | Nintendo Network ID: Jeremyx7

rolLTheDice

Rock Band. Guitar Hero is nice but feels more superficial to me.
Rock Band 2 and The Beatles are more like gaming's loveletter to music imo. RB 3's tracks too, but the career mode isn't as inspiring as in 2.

Edit: Guitar Hero Metallica comes very close to Rock Band: The Beatles though. And Guitar Hero 6 wasn't half-bad either. Can't say much about RB1 since i only have the subpar Wii version. Didn't play anything Guitar Hero before GH 3 also.

Guitar Hero: 3
Rock Band: 5

Edited on by rolLTheDice

rolLTheDice

Nintendo Network ID: LTD_2112

e-love

Winner: Rock Band

Untitled

Sorry about the major delay, I've been busy lately and though I've still posted frequently here on NintendoLife this thread escaped me. Must have been the fact that it was buried among all the watched topics given that we barely got any votes this past round. I guess this round in itself shows where the interest lies and in this case doesn't reside with the NL community.

If anyone has decent ideas from here on out they would be much welcomed, just keep in mind that it should be in the best interest to appeal to the widest margin of users so anyone can participate. It seems niche games and non-Nintendo series get considerably less votes and participation, so I'm just doing my best trying to keep things interesting.

Moving on, there are still a quite a few rounds I had in mind left, so without further ado~

New: Super Smash Bros. vs Mario Kart 64
Which Nintendo 64 classic provided a more fun multiplayer experience for you back in each series' early days?

Super Smash Bros.: 1
Mario Kart 64: 0

Start voting now!

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Whopper744

ooo...probably my favorite Mario Kart vs the least impressive Smash Bros (though still a great game!!).....this is still really tough...I love both games, but due to how many more people that could pick up and play Mario Kart with me, vs me only playing the original Smash Bros with a few people that actually got it....I'm going with Mario Kart 64

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

Spoony_Tech

That is absolutely the worst Mario Kart so this is no contest!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

e-love

Super Smash Bros.: 4
Mario Kart 64: 1

KAHN

smash bros and mariokart 64 are two totally different types of games. why is there a competition between the two types of multiplayer? your pitting a racing game with a brawling game! this makes no sense.

Edited on by KAHN

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

ThePirateCaptain

Both games feel pretty aged compared to later installments in their respective series, but I think Mario Kart 64 wins slightly for me.
Super Smash Bros.:4
Mario Kart 64:2

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

e-love

@KAHN

Both games were heralded as multiplayer powerhouses in the Nintendo 64 days and have since spawned successors that have garnered similar praise. These games are alike in that regard. I figured it would be interesting to see which one is more preferred by the community. With that said, a great majority of previous mashups featured here were in fact similar in game genre, but what's wrong with changing it up every now and then?

If you have unique and fresh ideas of your own that would help contribute to this thread, by all means let me know.

zoroarkrules25

Definitely smash bros, i never liked the original mario kart that much.

3ds friend code:3007 8328 5371

Spoony_Tech

zoroarkrules25 wrote:

Definitely smash bros, i never liked the original mario kart that much.

Too bad this isn't going up against the original Mario Kart. O.o

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Jani-Koblaney

MK 64. It is so fun, plus it was my first Mario Kart game. Smash Bros just seems bare bones when compared to the later versions..

Never Gonna Give Mew Up!

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852 | Nintendo Network ID: NJanders

e-love

Super Smash Bros.: 5
Mario Kart 64: 3

Chrono_Cross

Great choice, Emaan.

I'd have to go with Mario Kart 64. Nothing beats split screen multiplayer. lol

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

e-love

@Chrono
Thank you. Glad someone appreciates the choices, I only do my best

Super Smash Bros.: 5
Mario Kart 64: 4

ThePirateCaptain

@Emaan
I don't think the games necessarily have to be related to be matched against each other, so I think these choices were fine.

If you're taking suggestions for future contests, I think a battle of the Kirby spinoffs for DS might be interesting, Kirby Canvas Curse vs. Kirby Mass Attack. But if you're not that's fine.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.