Retro Forum

Topic: Game vs. Game

Showing 1,961 to 1,980 of 2,068

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

1,961. Posted:

@Jeremyx7
I'm 21. Anyway, Starfox Assault was WAY more like the original ones, so it wouldn't really make sense why you would like a game not even based on Starfox in the first place,
Starfox Adventures in the storyline would be like watching a comedy movie(which would be the games before) turn ito a horror movie, then back into a comedy(back to Assault).
The game was good overall, but it had the least to do with any of the Starfox games ever.
I agree that DINOSAUR PLANET was more thought out, but Starfox Assault was actually a Starfox game in literal terms.
They literally dragged along the story from Adventures to Assault, because that was the only aspect they could bring forward in the series. Having the characters and Dinosaur Planet as a stage were the only benefits for Assault.
So yes, I've 100%ed Adventures, and about 80%ed Assault(it was more difficult), but Assault is literally the only Starfox on GCN going off of gameplay. Still liked Adventures, but it was Dinosaur Planet all along.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

Jeremyx7

1,962. Posted:

@scar392 Starfox assault is definitely more like the original ones, I'm not denying that what so ever. However it was an average bland attempt at trying to bring back the classic style of starfox to a new generation at best. It wasn't that good. I enjoyed adventures much more overall as a GAME in itself and not as a starfox game. So it makes perfect reasonable sense for me to like adventures OVERALL better over Assault. Assault was fun but only for one play through. Adventures I at least played through twice.

Wii U online games: Mario Kart 8, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Need 4 Speed: Most Wanted U

3DS online games: Kid Icarus Uprising, Tetris Axis

3DS Friend Code: 4554-0287-3926 | Nintendo Network ID: Jeremyx7

AuthorMessage

WildMan

1,963. Posted:

New vote please..

Mmm Chicken

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852

AuthorMessage

RancidVomit86

1,964. Posted:

Adventure

Xbox Live Gamer Tag - RancidVomit86
Battle.net - Dayman
Wii Code - 4335 5256 5880 9373
iOS Game Center - RancidVomit86

Writer for www.sega-addicts.com

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,965. Posted:

Adventure. Haven't played it in nearly 10 years but I liked it when I was younger while Assault was more hit and miss. Assault's ground based missions all felt like if Kid Icarus Uprising's ground levels tried to be better but failed spectacularly. Might explain the weird controls in KI:U because they didn't want to repeat this mistake. Rest of the game was pretty good and some of the story was the type of story I like, where the writers don't care that talking animals in space drama looks silly. I like that.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,966. Posted:

^Did you switch the controls to Type C (Twin Stick)? I find that those controls make the ground missions much more fun to play.

And Yes, Star Fox Assault. I enjoyed Adventure, but Assault really blew me away as a kid, and I still find it very fun to play even now.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,967. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

^Did you switch the controls to Type C (Twin Stick)? I find that those controls make the ground missions much more fun to play.

And Yes, Star Fox Assault. I enjoyed Adventure, but Assault really blew me away as a kid, and I still find it very fun to play even now.

I don't remember. I only rented it for a few days and beat it because it is a fairly short game but not in a way I felt like replaying (but nothing could compare to 64 in that regard I suppose).

that's why I was hesitant to vote on this as I'm not an expert on either game (I never even beat Adventures)

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

Emaan

1,968. Posted:

Winner: Star Fox Assault

Untitled

New: Sonic CD vs. Sonic Adventure

Sonic CD: 1
Sonic Adventure: 0

Start voting now!

Edited on by Emaan

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

1,969. Posted:

Sonic Adventure
Because of the music, and Gamma.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage

WildMan

1,970. Posted:

Sonic CD is platforming bliss!

Mmm Chicken

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852

AuthorMessage

SammyOfMobius

1,971. Posted:

Really? You guys are comparing Sonic CD and Sonic Adventure? It's like comparing a banana with a paperclip. I guess I choose Sonic CD. Sonic CD was Sonic platforming at its best. It has an amazing soundtrack, perfect level design and controls, awesome time travel mechanics and boss fights, introduced Metal Sonic and Amy, great graphics for a game of its time, and tons of memorable moments.
Sonic Adventure had some of those great qualities, but the poor gameplay types they included in Sonic Adventure, (Knuckles's treasure hunting, Amy's slow-paced evading levels, Gamma's shooting, and worst of all... Big's fishing; Sonic and Tails's gameplay types were fun and amazing) occasional camera and control glitches, and bad voice acting, Sonic CD stood out on top.

Games I'm playing currently: Legend of Zelda: A Link Betweeen Worlds, Tearaway
Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8
3DS Friend Code: 1719-3467-7677
Nintendo Network ID: SupaSamiStar14

AuthorMessage

Emaan

1,972. Posted:

Sonic CD: 3
Sonic Adventure: 1

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

1,973. Posted:

I'm gonna say...
Sonic.........
Adventure.

I honestly liked Sonic Adventure. Sonic CD was technically more of the same as previous Sonic games.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

1,974. Posted:

I love both games, but c'mon, Sonic CD's soundtrack is incredible and the sprites and cut scenes are great in that game.

Sonic CD: 4
Sonic Adventure: 2

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

1,975. Posted:

I honestly don't see why people like Sonic CD so much. It's an enjoyable game, but I thought the level design was the worst out of the classic series and I found some parts extremely annoying (Wacky Workbench >.>). Sonic Adventure on the other hand, had what I think is the best feeling physics and levels in a 3D Sonic game.

Sonic CD: 4
Sonic Adventure: 3

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

OdnetninAges

1,976. Posted:

turtlelink wrote:

Sonic CD's soundtrack is incredible.

I agree... As long as you are talking about the Japanese version.

My vote is for Sonic Adventure... but it is an extremely close choice for me...

Console Usernames: Rc

LOL, MEGATRUTH

I got my 3DS back from repair!!

"Who the hell do you think I am?!"

Miiverse Profile

My Anime List

NSLU Playthrough with friends

Check out Ninten-Times!

Epicness

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

AuthorMessage

RancidVomit86

1,977. Posted:

While I still regard Sonic CD as being one of the best Sonic games ever made I'm still going to have to throw my vote to Adventure. Sonic Adventure showed, despite bad camera, that Sonic games can make the jump to 3D and be awesome.

Xbox Live Gamer Tag - RancidVomit86
Battle.net - Dayman
Wii Code - 4335 5256 5880 9373
iOS Game Center - RancidVomit86

Writer for www.sega-addicts.com

AuthorMessage

NotoriousPUG

1,978. Posted:

I am actually working through Sonic Adventure on the Dreamcast so that gets my vote, even if it is a flawed game.

NotoriousPUG

AuthorMessage

Bulbousaur

1,979. Posted:

I vote for Adventure, seeing that it's one of the few Sonic games I like.

Bulbousaur

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

AuthorMessage

WanderFan91

1,980. Posted:

Sonic the Hedgehog CD

AKA StarBoy91
Ah, irony
Wanderloggery | StarBlog
Massive retro gamer with a heart <3
Big Wander Over Yonder fan
ActRaiser is the most overexposed Quintet SNES game ever!
23 and proud =)
To each their own