Forums

Topic: Game vs. Game

Posts 1,081 to 1,100 of 2,015

e-love

Pokemon HG+SS: 9
Pokemon FR+LG: 5

@T-Link, you hit it on the nail there. The GBA games had such a crisp fluidity to them. The early DS Gen 4 ones were a little too slow for my taste. Luckily Gen 5 seemed to access that.

@paperluigi, thanks for updating the vote-count for me! Have you voted yourself?

Edited on by e-love

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

sugarpixel

LG was my first ever Pokemon game, and I enjoyed it more than any other Pokemon game. My vote goes to FR/LG.
FR/LG:6
HG/SS:9

Edited on by sugarpixel

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

HaastMK7

HG+SS for the win

Miiverse: Haast_NZL
Followers: 855
Follow me! https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Haast_NZL

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0434-4753 | Nintendo Network ID: Haast_NZL

e-love

Pokemon HG+SS: 11

I-U

Definitely Heartgold and Soulsilver for me. More so than Black's moving sprites, I felt the follow mechanic involving the lead Pokemon in these games made for a more immersive experience as it provided an interaction between trainer and Pokemon throughout the adventure beyond healing and battling.

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

Jeremyx7

@Emaan you should totally do a modern game vs modern game category. Like anything in the past 5 years. Just a thought.....

Wii U online games: Mario Kart 8, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Need 4 Speed: Most Wanted U

3DS online games: Kid Icarus Uprising, Tetris Axis

3DS Friend Code: 4554-0287-3926 | Nintendo Network ID: Jeremyx7

Lunapplebloom

HG/SS: 13
FR/LG: 5

As much as I loved Leaf Green, I just can't vote against the latest remaster. Best generation in my opinion, and to have a Pokemon trailing behind like in Yellow was icing on the already delicious cake.

Like: Sonic, Yoshi, Link, and Samus
My Appleloggery and Youtube
PSN ID: sonicwildfire
Previously Applejacklove
Discostew: "I am the terror that trots in the night!...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9557-7319 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07 | Twitter:

AceTrainerBean

I'm gonna sit on the fence and say I just love them both I played all my old Pokemon games through out this year! Playing Blue was so nostalgic! I would love if they released a Eshop version of Blue/Red with trading and battles that worked on the 3ds that would be amazing!

AceTrainerBean

3DS Friend Code: 3222-5717-1641 | Nintendo Network ID: AceTrainerBean

e-love

@Jeremyx7, If you look through some of the previous mashups, there are newer games featured as well.

@Machamp_King, we've already done the original Animal Crossing vs. Wild World not too long ago. Many may feel the Wii game is too similar to the DS game for there to be much of a difference in terms of votes.

Pokemon HG+SS: 16

Ending the votes tomorrow!

Edited on by e-love

Jeremyx7

@Emaan yeah....I'm just lazy to look, sorry about that, but thanks for letting me know either way! You should surprise us all with the next one.....

Wii U online games: Mario Kart 8, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Need 4 Speed: Most Wanted U

3DS online games: Kid Icarus Uprising, Tetris Axis

3DS Friend Code: 4554-0287-3926 | Nintendo Network ID: Jeremyx7

Happy_Mask

FR/LG Because Sevii isles. :3

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

e-love

Winner: Pokemon HeartGold + SoulSilver

Untitled

NEW: Super Mario Sunshine vs. Super Mario 3D Land

Here it is, the two Mario games a lot of people either love or hate. I have no problems with either of them. They aren't the best Mario games by any stretch, but they certainly are great games in my eyes. I have to go with Super Mario Sunshine though, for its wonderful island atmosphere, which I would love to return to in a sequel someday.

Super Mario Sunshine: 1
Super Mario 3D Land: 0

Start voting now!

Also, Happy Holidays!

kkslider5552000

3D Land. While Sunshine should be praised for taking the series in a new direction, it didn't always, y'know, work. 3D Land elevated itself above the NSMB games (lack of co-op multiplayer aside) pretty quickly to avoid being stale for a few reasons.

1. While Galaxy, especially 2, had similarities to this, this did genuinely feel like a 2D Mario that just happened to be a 3D platformer. It basically took extreme unoriginality and combined it to make something semi-unique. It's quite odd like that.
2. It is the only game I know of where the 3D is not only really good, but actually matters. 3D is irrelevent to gaming and this team is the only people proving otherwise. Something about the weird camera angles somehow let the 3D be used to actually help you get through the game easier. Beyond that, it just is the best 3D on the system in general. No other 3D looks as good as it does here.
3. The music is awesome. Not since the first Paper Mario have people not named Koji Kondo accurately replicated music that sounds like Koji Kondo.
4. Secret Worlds.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.