Forums

Topic: Recent Game You Have Beat "Radical Retro Console" Edition!

Posts 261 to 280 of 340

ErrantEmbers

Super Castlevania IV and Super Metroid - made it to the end in both but couldn't beat the final bosses and gave up. I consider this "beat" though

ErrantEmbers

Sinnere69

in the midle of the Captain Tsubasa vol.2 - Super Strikes... Damn it`s hard... to much games...

Sinnere69

ogo79

castlevania symphony of the night at complete 200.06 %.
does this count as retro because i used a brand new ps2, sotn game, controller, and memory card?
us belmonts have to upgrade to new equipment sometimes too.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

SuperWiiU

WaveBoy wrote:

Hey @ogo79
What were your thoughts on Castlevania Chronicles 'classic mode'?
I ended up finishing it about a month ago. wasn't really impressed. it was probably the most underwhelming traditional castlevania game I've ever played. it wasn't bad by any means, but if you plan on remaking or creating a reimagining of the original NES castlevania you better go ALL OUT, and this felt like a 'half way' attempt at best. the soundtrack was definitely a mixed bag of sorts.

As is, I'd much rather play the NES-original

It wasn't a complete remake, but more of an enhanced port for the Sharp X68000. And that hardware wasn't made for going all out.

ogo79

WaveBoy wrote:

Hey @ogo79
What were your thoughts on Castlevania Chronicles 'classic mode'?
I ended up finishing it about a month ago. wasn't really impressed. it was probably the most underwhelming traditional castlevania game I've ever played. it wasn't bad by any means, but if you plan on remaking or creating a reimagining of the original NES castlevania you better go ALL OUT, and this felt like a 'half way' attempt at best. the soundtrack was definitely a mixed bag of sorts.

As is, I'd much rather play the NES-original

i actually havent made my way through that game as of yet...im actually saving it as its the only classic castlevania i have left to beat. its in a time capsule so to speak.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

ogo79

@WaveBoy:
im gonna play through both modes. i liked what i did test of the game.

the_shpydar wrote:

Tasuki

Well just did a playthrough and beat Batman Returns on the SNES. The game holds up pretty well too still. It's still probably my favorite Batman video game overall. Yeah it seems like a generic beatem up with a Batman skin but they did a good job making you feel like your Batman with his moves. Stuff like being able to slam two enemies together and throwing enemies into objects in the background. Overall not a hard game but a fun one.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

ogo79

@Tasuki:
its like the shadow for snes. thats a good one too

the_shpydar wrote:

Tasuki

@ogo79: I loved the Shadow for the SNES it was a shame it was never released. I played it on an emulator years ago and it's one of the games that if I ever find a repro cartridge of I would get. Sadly they didn't have any at PRGE.

My Backlog

ogo79

@WaveGhoul:
about yer dilemma as to which halloween game to play and not having much left to pick from...i was worried about that myself. but i still have some igavanias to beat so im still on circle of the moon.
even though iga didnt make that one.

the_shpydar wrote:

Tasuki

Well I managed to beat Mega Man 2 on The Wily Wars on Sega Genesis the other night, so I am a third there to unlock Wily Tower.

My Backlog

Lanzz

Recently beat Fantastic Dizzy for Genesis. My 5 or 6 re-play (i don't remember). A very good game, and one of my favorite...

Lanzz

ogo79

WaveGhoul wrote:

@ogo79:

What were your thoughts on Castlevania Chonicles? for me It just OK...soundtrack was a mixed bag, and has a remake of the NES-original it's pretty underwhelming, not to mention shorter than a Mega man on a mega rainy day.

i still havent sat down and played through both versions yet.
i liked what i seen so far. i basically opened the seal to that game and put it away for now. i like that game

the_shpydar wrote:

Anthracks

^Castlevania Chronicles is amazing, IMO. One of the best Classicvania games.

I just finished Skylanders: Superchargers.

Anthracks

Tasuki

@Anthracks: Sir you need to leave at once Skylanders is not a retro game don't let @ogo70 hear what you just said, we are still looking for the guy that mentioned a non retro game here last time.

My Backlog

Anthracks

Oh, I didn't realize we were talking retro only.

Anthracks

Anthracks

@WaveGhoul Oh yes, I really enjoyed the level design in Chronicles. The difficulty level was nice as well. I find ReBirth to be a particularly weak entry in the series. I'd put ReBirth, Mirror of Fate, and Lords of Shadow 2 as the weakest Castlevania titles, but I still enjoy them all.

Edited on by Anthracks

Anthracks

ogo79

Tasuki wrote:

@Anthracks: Sir you need to leave at once Skylanders is not a retro game don't let @ogo70 hear what you just said, we are still looking for the guy that mentioned a non retro game here last time.

bring it on!
Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:

Tasuki

So I finished Disney's Aladdin on the Sega Genesis tonight and I will say what a great game it is. I can see why so many people hold this game in such high regards. Now is it better then the SNES version, maybe. I can't say honestly since it's been years since I played the SNES version so now it seems I need to get a copy of that and see which one is better.

My Backlog

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.